Thursday, July 15, 2010
ladies who lunch-part 3

Here is Dianne, above, with her Purple Crown and this very sweet Glass Heart which you can hang on your Christmas Tree, or wherever...... And below, a closer look or two at some of those adorable little skinny Bear Angel's.....I thought these were so darling, as did everyone else, I might add.......Above, Jacquie, holding her little Angel Bear......And you can see a 'heart' ring on her finger and these Red, White & Blue Bracelets, on her other arm..... Here above, a close-up of one of those Heart Rings. Each one was a little different from the other, though all of them were very colorful..... Lee is holding up a Star Necklace that has the wonderful Bubble Maker stuff inside.....These came in Red and Blue, in Honor of July 4th, which was a few days after our lunch....In fact, there were a few things in Honor of July 4th, like those three bracelets and there was a Necklace, too...... Above, you can see the Necklace and those Bracelets....plus a kind of cute Flag Pen and of course, the Heart and a Shell Whistle.... We had a lot of fun with these Whistles....In truth, they are really more like a one 'tone' thingy...... I asked Carol to hold her Shell Whistle up and didn't realize it was still wrapped in it's Bubble Wrap....lol...Then, Dianne took a picture of me, taking a picture of Betty, with her Shell Whistle...... After experimenting with each one of these, we figured out a little musical fun thing to do---going down the scale in half-tones---And I made a Video of this musical tone thing--it took a few tries, but we finally got it.....And here it is........



We do have a lot of fun, as you can tell from this Video above..... This was a really pretty Post-It-Note-Pad that I found somewhere else, on line. I thought they were so pretty that I decided we should each have one for our Gift Bags. They are not only pretty, but they are practical, too..... I always like to have some edible things, if possible---Chocolate, of course...lol....Those little bite size dark chocolate squares are deeee-licious! And of course, you cannot go wrong with Tootsie Rolls---these being in Honor of July 4th..... And above...that is a Flamingo "sucker", otherwise known as a Lollipop....It still had it's cellophane protective covering on it so you really can't see it too well.....But, it was another edible that was included in our Gift Bags.....And speaking of 'edibles'.....it was time for the Birthday Cakes...... Will brought in mine, first......It was that incredible rich dense dark chocolate one from Sweet Lady Jane, the one that has a slight bit of Cappuccino flavor that I love so much and that is decorated so very colorfully......Now, once again, you will have to wait till I can get the next bunch of pictures together......Bear with me, please.....








More To Come........








21 Comments:
Blogger MaR
had this to say:

I have a weakness for hearts, I ❤ the ones you had at the party!!
the video is fun, you ladies are terrific.
And the cake...oh,my, the cake!!! wonderful.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 1:43:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Those are beautiful trinkets and the small stuff toys look cuddly! What a fun lunch as always! And that looks like a beautiful cake as well!

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 2:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Loved the video and the live action of the group. Think that should be a regular feature. When does the CD come out with that shell diddy?? LOL.
Can't wait for part 4. I do love how you space the posts out so we can take time to enjoy them more.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 4:46:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Just stopped by and I have caught up on all your latest posts and as ever have enjoyed this 'fly on the wall' view of a wonderful get together of close friends. You always seem to have so much fun awith your little gift bags and in each others company. And the flowers! Gorgeous! I really love thos eindividual rose pots Van made you. All that remaisn to say is this:

Happy belated Birthday Naomi. I remembered as it is just two days before mine and menat to pop by but sadly this didn't happen :( I have explained things a little more on my blog (yes I have actually posted something) but I have not been having an easy time of things and energy levelks have been low. The demands on my time at the moment are enormous and it does not help that I am very unhappy at work. Anyway, suffice to say, I have not been lost to FB as I prefer the relationships with my blogfriends. FB is far too impersonal.

Happy belated birthday again dear Naomi and hugs and purrs to you adn the beautiful Sweetie.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 4:59:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

The cake photo is the perfect end to this post!

Cheers.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 6:21:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful day.. It must have been a wonderful day.. I love all the little things in your gift bags. Esp the teddy bears..

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 9:03:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I forgot to say that the cake is beautiful and looks delicious!

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 11:05:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi,
I always love your videos! It is great to hear you nice voice! And hear the laughs of your friends too.
Really your Ladies Who Lunch is always a great event.

Have a nice day!
(((Hugs)))

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 11:05:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Great video. Will wait for the movie. Practice, practice, practice, I didn't see the dogs around? LOL You kids always have such a great time!

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 11:32:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You always have such great fun when you get together. Thanks with sharing it with your readers :)

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 11:51:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

love love love the anthem, naomi!!!
xo

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 6:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

*sigh* as always, i love how you ladies do love and friendship do freely and heart-fully and, let's say it, have so much FUN together! i've said it before, and i'll say it again, you're an inspiration to girlfriends. all of 'em !:)

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 7:24:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh Naomi, all your goodies are so 'tempting' and what is a tootie? A sweet or something? That's really interesting and of course I must say the little heart is very charming too.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 7:31:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Getting caught up on your last 2 posts. I love that Dianne had her camera so there are photos of you too!

What a fine time. :)

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 10:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You have the most amazing voice Naomi. Just lovely! Oh you had some great trinkets this time too. Too many great ones to single any out, the heart, the bears, the post it notes......Do you find most of them online? Wonderful fun!

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 11:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

These are always so fun. I read this just before going to bed so I hope it gives me sweet happy dreams.

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 12:33:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

lol loved the whistles! haha.. and ohhhhhh, love the cake!! mmmmmm wish I was there to taste that one! you really do have too much fun sometimes naomi! :o)

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 3:04:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

You all have too much fun at these parties! ;-) I really like the note pads. I always keep a pad mounted to a magnet on my refrigerator for grocery lists and other notes.

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 6:11:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love the video and your talking voice!

Your parties are always so much fun. I think maybe the shell song needs a bit more work before you get a recording contract! :D

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 9:36:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, you never ever stop to fascinate me.

This afternoon I talked to a professional vendor, from which I have bought graphical designs and advices from the past 30 years. Among others, we start talking about blogging and people retired, and I mentioned you as an example. sent him yout url - and he said:
Wooow - fantastic
He is an editor for "Vi blir eldre"
or "We becomes older"
http://www.viblireldre.no/23/blog/blog/null
He is now on Vactaion, but promised as well to comment your wonderful and giving blog.

Have a great weekend.
I hope to post more from Turkey very soon..

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 3:35:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh Naomi, what a fun time!! I loved the video and the Anthem you all played!! Haha! Very cute!!

I sure would like to try a piece of that yummy cake!!

I'm going to read the next part now!!

Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 9:40:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.