Monday, July 12, 2010
ladies who lunch - part 2

Here are Lee and me.....The lovely Dianne brought her camera to this lunch, which was great, because she got some pictures I would not be able to get---such as the one above...There will be more of her pictures as well as mine, as we go along here..... It was kind of great to have another "eye" so to speak, from a different perspective than mine.....Above, Seemah, Carol, Jacquie and Betty....Lee was out of the frame and I was sitting in the chair in front of Dianne.....At this point, the only 'lady' who hadn't shown up yet was Bridget....We weren't concerned though, because sometimes she is late..... Seemah and Carol live fairly close to one another, by Los Angeles standards....lol.....They both live out in Pacific Palisades, near the ocean. Maybe next time they will come together.... Here you can see the living room table, filled with all the beginning goodies and some beautiful Roses that my dear Housekeeper Lucy had brought me the day before the Lunch, as a Birthday gift...... A closer look at these beautiful pastel colors....I thought it was so very dear of her to bring me these---she knows how much I love Roses and in all those lovely spring colors, too..... Lee was telling us about when she was leaving to go back east to do this new Musical at The Goodspeed Theatre in Connecticut. I think I mentioned it in the first LWL post....it's called "Radio Girl" and it is based on the film 'Rebecca Of Sunnybrook Farm'....She told us she plays a 'bitch'....NOT type casting, at all.....So, it will be a stretch for her, and lot of fun for her, too....... It was now waaay past the time that Bridget should have arrived and so Lee called her and left a message....I told Will to go ahead and get ready to serve lunch and we would go to the table.....Which is exactly what we did..... Before I sat down, I took a few pictures from a 'standing' vantage point. There are Betty and Dianne, having just sat down---See those little confetti things hanging down over on the far right of the picture? Those were from the poppers at the last LWL They look so festive there I just decided to leave them, for the time being......... That's my empty chair between Carol and Betty.....Will had removed the plates so the food could be 'plated' (I feel so "Top Chef" saying that...lol)...and I took a few more pictures before sitting down.... Dianne took a few pictures too. Here's one of Betty, below.... And this very pretty one of Lee, above, holding that beautiful potted Rose that Van had so generously created for each one of us and gave to me as my Birthday Gift......Then, she caught me, finally about to sit down....... Bridget had still not arrived when Will served our Lunch...... And we repeated the same lunch as the last time because I love this dish and never get a chance to have it, except at these lunches........ Yes! "Eggs Benedict".....! And that luscious salad that compliments the Eggs Benedict so beautifully---Butter Lettuce, Pears, Candied Roasted Pecans and Crumbled Blue Cheese with a lovely light Vinaigrette Dressing....these flavors are just so delicious with each other....Yum, Yum., Yum...... And below.....look who's plate is practically empty....! Yup! It was mine. I just couldn't finish all the salad, though I wanted to...But I knew that I had to leave room for dessert! But, before dessert, we had our coffee....... That empty chair next to Lee, was for Bridget....! We still had not heard from her, but just so you won't worry...she did eventually call us and she was mortified! She had, unfortunately, written the lunch down for July! (lol). So, she had two very important appointments on our Lunch Day, but she did manage to come on by around 5:00pm......Meanwhile, while we were having our coffee and before dessert...It was Gift Bag Time.....Hooray! We had some colorful 'crowns' and this darling Angel-With-Wings-little- long-legged-bear-girl, and a strange but cute soft green animal that I was never sure what kind of animal he was...He has these Jester thing's on the top of his head...... I think he is a Hippo....Don't you? A 'Jester' Hippo---Well, why not! Okay....I know some of you will call this a tease....Well, maybe it is...Or, maybe I just need more time to create Part 3 of this 'Ladies Who Lunch' Birthday Celebration. It will be coming along here in a few days......



More To Come.........















24 Comments:
had this to say:

I am so glad Dianne brought a camera so we could see you also. Love the picture of you an Lee together. Couple of beauties.
Eggs Benedict can definitely stand a repeat.
Bridget must have been heart broken to have missed it. Hope she has a computer so she can see the party as we do.
Waiting for part 3.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 4:20:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

That first picture of you and Lee is very nice. You both look good and your shirts contrast nicely as well. I really love those potted roses. They're beautiful! Glad you had a good time with good friends.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 5:15:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

These posts are always a treat. The way you all get along and have such fun is truly a delight.

Cheers.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 5:50:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I am so sorry to have missed the original birthday post! Please accept my belated wishes and know that I am celebrating with all y'all in spirit! It is always wonderful to see smiling faces gathered together in friendship and love. May peace and love be with you always. xoxoxo

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 6:21:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That looks like great fun as the photos are great. It's nice to see you all enjoying your birthday bash. Lovely ladies having a lovely time.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 8:48:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hello Naomi! I can't help but admire those roses, they're just beautiful and really blossoming.

To be honest, I haven't tried Eggs Benedict. One of these days I'll try to make one.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 8:48:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a great lunch!!!!! Eggs Benedict is my favorite brekky (to hell with cholesterol!) and Van's looks really exceptional!

Glad someone caught you on camera -- we don't 'see' you often enough!

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 10:08:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Looks like a fun time was had by all. I don't eat eggs so I would have had to pass on that dish unless you wanted me going green. :D

I thought the soft animal was a dragon! Although it looks a bit like Barney too! :D Well a green Barney!

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 12:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

*sigh* lovely ladies, lovely flowers, lovely memories, lovely tradition! this is amazing! and that lunch? yu-um! "top chef" indeed!!

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 1:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, love your photo with Lee! You both look so brilliant and so happy!
Love also seeing your house with many beautiful flowers, and your living room table, filled with those delicious goodies...
Really, your Ladies Who Lunch are GREAT!
Thanks for sharing your Birthday party.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 1:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Many happy returns Naomi! Wonderful photos. I can feel the sparkling energy in the room. Great faces showing joy, wisdom, mischief, sassyness, & tenderness. When I am older I wanna be just like you gals. xxxoooo Michaela

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 3:47:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

How'd you know I'd call this a "tease??" lol

I do want to hear and see more but I must say you showed a great deal of fun and yummy treats in this post. I LOVE Eggs Benedict and never thought of having it with a salad. How I wish Will could fly down to Miami to cook for us one day. Wait 'til I get a better job...and I'll fly you BOTH down! :)

The flowers and your dishes, glasses and coffee cups are always so bright and beautiful, my friend! You really know how to throw a party!!

Waiting on part 3...

♥, "Scarlet"

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 6:02:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a beautiful table and I love those blue glasses – they really look so special. The egg Benedict and the salad certainly looks delish – you are having way too much fun! But then – why not…

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 8:01:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

What a fun and delicious bday lunch!!
Love your flowers too. Looking forward to see the cake ;)

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 11:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing your photos, Naomi. The ladies who lunch are beautiful, especially Lee. No wonder she was Miss America!!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 5:45:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Thanks dear Naomi for your nice words about Sofia, Lisa and Flora!
And about my Ipê-rosa tree too.

PS: Did you know that I haven't tried Eggs Benedict yet? I'll try to make one soon. My mouth are full of water seeing it... Lol!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 11:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Love the photo's.. I love hearing about your LWL.. I wish I had more girl friends here but I have to admit I have none for the time being.. Maybe I could start a virtual LWL..LOL...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 11:57:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi,
a very special celeb which I so much would at least, have beeing the person that delivered all the wonderful flowers and even the food.
Just to see you and your wonderful friends and give you all a native Viking hug. LOL.

At your special Day, I was out of reach in Turkey. But I hought of you and imagined how the party would be. And yes: Wonderful. As allways.
Excellent photos.

btw. As I'm back again in the Summer Cabin, I will start to comment as usual. On Thursday, I will check my blood pressure again.
And we did have a most wonderful time in Turkey. My Grandson is really a "Prince".

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 1:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Your ladies who lunch look like a garden of flowers- dressed different from each other- but happy because you are friends .

How lucky you all are to have so many happy times together

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 4:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, you have so many pieces of interesting art on your walls. I know some of them have been created by yourself through the years, but some must be by other artists. It would be lovely to have a guided tour of your walls... through your blog. In person would be so much better, of course, but that's just not going to happen any time soon!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 4:53:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

All that wonderful food is making me hungry!! It looks so good! The roses are lovely that Lucy got you too!

Too bad Bridget didn't write down the right day. She missed a treat, but those things can easily happen.

I'm looking forward to more!!!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 5:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

as always, everything is gorgeous (including all the ladies!).. How nice it is to see YOU in a few pictures!!! I hope Dianne brings her camera again!!!

I know I always say this but you are so lucky to have so many good friends :o) and thank you for always sharing them!!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 5:11:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You girls really know how to have a good time... and for me.. the green animal looks like a jester croq... but that is just me...lol

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 12:16:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Great picture of you and Lee, Naomi. And the roses are just gorgeous and a very lovely gift. Oh poor Bridget I am sure she felt bad about the mix-up and she missed a great celebration too! Yummy food as always. And what a wonderful birthday present from Van too. You sure know how to have fun.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 11:33:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.