Tuesday, June 08, 2010
ladies who lunch - part 4

Now, it was time for the "presents".....Yaaaaaaaay! We each brought the presents in from the bench in the hallway to the glass table in the living room....And I had the two Birthday Girls sit down on the couch, together, because that was where the light was best! These were the boxes of See's Candy that Cousin Carol had brought for Betty and Lee, as you may recall from the very first "LWL" post......She had decorated them herself and they were so very pretty....! The frivolity continued there in the living room. I don't recall what it was that tickled Jacquie & Bridget, but belly laughs abounded....!
I was so busy taking pictures that what it was that was so damn funny eludes me. But I love that we were having such good healing laughter......!And, indeed, funny, it was, and the two people who laughed the hardest were Jacquie and Bridget.....lol! So very cute, aren't they? Then Betty began opening a Birthday Card which Lee helped read out loud all of us........ And below...here is a close-up of the card she read! Talk about funny......! (Do click on this to make it more readable, hopefully....) And nobody laughed harder than the two Birthday Girls. Remember that picture in the first "LWL" post where these two dear women were laughing so hard? This card, from Jacquie, was what made them and the rest of us, laugh rather hysterically.....lol! I guess you could say we are rather ribald ladies---we all like a good off-color joke about the 'real' things in life---we always did, and we still do! And here is what Jacquie gave both Betty and Lee...... These darling bracelets which looked very 'today' and 'hip'..... A few of us ended up doing the same thing. That is, giving Betty & Lee, each, the same thing. I did that. Jen Stark, who is this very talented Artist that I first discovered on Kenju's Blog a couple of years ago, and who's work I just love.....has some relatively inexpensive but really charming and beautiful 'gift' ideas available...... My card was not funny, but a flower from my garden.......the card is upside down in the picture above, but they each knew it was a photograph I had taken.......
This is a tote bag. They both loved the colors and the whole idea of it.....I did too!
The card Betty is holding was enclosed with 'the tote' and it is a reproduction of one of Jen's works that was included in a two-person show she recently was a part of, in Miami......I really love her work and wish I could afford to buy more than the Tote Bags, but I was thrilled to be able to get them for Betty & Lee...... Above, was Betty's Gift to Lee....A Beautiful bound Journal Book---something Lee can record all her travels in.....It is really really pretty. And this was her card to Lee....... Do click on this so you can see it bigger---in fact, click on all of the pictures if you want to see them bigger.....Dianne, gave both Betty & Lee these "chances" for a Fund Raiser that they are having out at the Barn, where she keeps her Horse, 'Chisolm'. It is to raise money for Cancer and one or both of them might win a great prize!
Her two cards were very funny! And gave all of us a good laugh, too! Right now, I want to show you another Video, taken at the table during the "Alligator & Bear", silliness.....It's a little longer than that first one, but just as silly and just as funny, too....LOL! At least, I think it is....!


There will be one more installment of this "Ladies Who Lunch".....it was just too long to do it all in one post, but I promise, Part 5 will be the final post of this series....till the next "LWL".........



More To Come.........









15 Comments:
Blogger MaR
had this to say:

What fun you have together and what happy pictures of the bdays celebration, thanks for sharing, loved seeing the lovely presents.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 12:11:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Ditto to Mar's comment.

What demonstrates the friendship among all of you is that these get-togethers never seem to be boring to anyone. Friends are people with whom you can always find something to talk about.

Cheers.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 5:25:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love all of the belly laughs! You are right - laughter is SO healing! So happy to 'share' in these two wonderful ladies birthdays!!!!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 5:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Toot funny! Hey, you ladies can't help but be "hipsters!"

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 8:40:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I almost envy the wonderful times all of you have together. What beautiful memories you are making!
Glad you found an artist on my blog that you like - I'm sorry to say I have no memory of it!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 9:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

you may not be lucky healthwise, but you sure are lucky having so many really good friends that gather around to have some laughs and make more memories...

(saw Lee on All my Children yesterday..the camera loves her still!)

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 3:17:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It seems there were lots of "belly laughs" and knee slappers. That is the best gift that you just can't buy. You ladies are wonderful.
Saw Lee on All My Children. Hadn't seen the show in quite a while. She looks great. Sure she enjoyed getting kissed by the hunky "sons".

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 4:05:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

So much fun and laughter...I want to be there too :D

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 6:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hahahahahaha! Those poor violated little bears!

What a good time. :)

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 7:24:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Again you ladies have so much fun.. thanks for sharing and I loved those cards.. They were funny..

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 8:10:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I absolutely love the word "Frivolity" and that is exactly what you were all enjoying when the bithday girls were opening their prezzies. What fun! Please come and organise my next birthday party Naomi!!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 8:43:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Dianne has a horse!! Smart smart woman!! You know I love horses!!

I loved the cards!! How fun is that!! Loved the videos too and hearing everyone laughing. Laughter sure is good healing medicine, so you all had a good dose! We all need to do it more I think.

This is fun Naomi, reading about and getting to see some of your fun times with your dear friends!! I'll be looking forward to the next part! Hugs!!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 1:21:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It's so fun to read this and see Lee today on AMC. I watched two in a row today that I had recorded and there she was. I was jealous she got to kiss and hug all the hot guys on AMC. Tell her I said so.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 11:44:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The photos and the video really brought the whole post to life. I love hearing all the laughter and seeing all the happy faces...and those cards are hilarious!!

The tote bag is so colorful...perfect for art class! I'll have to check out Jen Stark's next show! I'm sorry I missed the last one.

Keep having good times, my friend! It's what keeps all of you young and vibrant!!

Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 4:36:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Thanks for stopping by, dear. No soccer tomorrow, but a movie review!

Cheers.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 3:42:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.