Tuesday, June 01, 2010
ladies who lunch - part 2

So, we gathered at the table and got ready for a delicious lunch.......Betty is a "late" riser, as am I...and so she has not had any breakfast when she comes to these lunches........The wonderful Will Grover, who helps make this all happen, had removed the plates so he could dish up our very very "special" lunch.....While he was doing that, we 'ladies' chatted and laughed and generally had a wonderful time........ We never seem to run out of things to share with each other, whether funny or serious-----as I have said before, any number of times. It has to do with the longevity of these friendships and how engaged in "life" and "work" all these women 'of a certain age' are..... And here is our lunch! Oh, how delicious it was.......Yum, Yum. And More Yum....making it Yum Yum! Ahhhhhhhhhh. Yes! EGGS BENEDICT!!!! The perfect "Brunch" for Betty, and me. We both absolutely adore Eggs Benedict....Well.....who wouldn't! Poached Eggs and Canadian Bacon on English Muffins, smothered in Hollandaise Sauce, (I need the smothering---I absolutely adore Hollandaise.....). And in truth, everyone of us loves Eggs Benedict. Along with the superb Eggs Benedict we had every one's favorite salad---Butter Lettuce with Pears and Crumbled Blue Cheese and Caramelized Pecans......Oh, Help Me.... How delicious was that? Well, it was YUM, to the 18th power......! We all cleaned our plates!Then.....it was time to open our 'Gift Bags'...... There were these fun 'princess tiaras', with fuzzy stuff on them---in pink, and white and lavender, and that wonderful adorable Flamingo Pen, that lights up when you start writing...... This was the other wonderful thing that Ily from Another Day In Paradise sent me especially for this Ladies Who Lunch....Everyone just loved them and had so much fun writing with them..... Look at how adorable this is---and it had all this Marabou-type fuzzy stuff, too....! It went perfectly with our Tiara's....... There were a lot of fun things in the Gift Bag....The Teddy Bear was really adorable and everyone was crazy about him, including me. I'm a big big "Teddy Bear" fan, as some of you may remember.....I have quite a collection of very dear 'soft' Teddy Bears.....This little guy fits right in..... There were some writing pads and an Eraser that looked like an 'eye'....Seemah and some of the others put that eraser on her forehead....lol, as you can see, below..... These ladies are always so much fun....! And they truly enjoy all these silly things in those Gift Bags.....Here below.....Bridget and Dianne...... Showing the flashy glittery 'Heart Rings'......They all love the jewels that I always try to have, and they each put them on and wear them through the rest of the afternoon..... Above.....Betty is showing off the three Bracelets that each of the ladies received.....They were kind of unusual. I'm not even sure what they are made of....But they sure were pretty...... The colors of these Bracelets were so pretty, too...I tried to make sure that each gal had three different colors so there were no repeats....And those little bottle looking things behind the bracelets---Well, they were Poppers......And here is a little Video so you can see what they did....Talk about fun.......

Wasn't that Great? It was pretty amazing to all of us! Now, you all will have to wait till next time to see what happens next.....I know you think I tease you, and I guess I do. But also, these posts take a lot of time and thought and with so very many pictures....well, you understand, I hope.......Till next time, when there will be......


More To Come.......

















24 Comments:
Blogger Pat
had this to say:

That was so delightful to look at and the video made me realise that it it true when they say in America you are girl till you die.
BTW I have never had Eggs Benedict and feel I haven't lived:)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 1:43:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

oh my gosh! how cute that the poppers all went over the chandelier that way! lol..a perfect centerpiece for the birthday girls!

you all just have too much fun naomi!! I love love love the pictures, as always!!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 4:08:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

With the salad, you had me at "bleu cheese."

Re: poppers. When I was in eighth grade, one of my classmates set one off on the last day of school which caused him to be suspended for three days at the beginning of our freshman year in high school.

Good times.

Cheers.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 5:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The light in your dining room at lunch time is absolutely perfect for taking pictures - no harsh shadows and very flattering for ladies of any age.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 6:20:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Love the poppers all over the chandelier. What better way to spend your birthday than with fun friends?

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 6:20:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Eggs Benedict is my favorite thing to eat!! Your guests are lucky women, Naomi! Love the fuzzy pens that light up and the popper was fun!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 6:23:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Eggs Benedict really made me hungry. What a perfect idea.
Nobody and I do mean nobody has more fun than you ladies.
Loved the video and hope you finally got the poppers off the chandelier.
Thanks again for bringing us along. Waiting for some more.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 7:42:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Call Molly Maid.... to get the debris off the lovely chandelier! What fun you all had. Your Will Grover must be a magician in the kitchen to create that wonderful lunch.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 2:07:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Well, I LOVE Eggs Benedict and that salad sounds divine! You all look like you're having such a great time in that video; I wish we could all be there as flies on the wall (although I'd probably be the fly landing on the Hollandaise sauce and gobbling it all up!). lol

Seriously, the photos are wonderful and I'm glad the chicas liked their pens. Everything looks so festive and fun, I can't wait for part 3!!

PS - I bought more napkins for Bridget and I'll get them in the mail soon!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 6:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What great fun!! I have never eaten Eggs Benedict, but I think I need to try them!

I loved the video and I like how you break it up into parts! It gives us more to look forward to!!

Hugs to you dear Naomi!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 8:04:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

That does it- I am inviting my girlfriends over for brunch- eggs benedict it is! If we have half as much fun as it looks like your group did- it would be a success!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 10:50:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

That was fun! We always do those poppers on New Year's Eve. I love them. I can't wait to see Lee on AMC soon!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 1:58:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm all caught up on your lunch now : ) I just love reading your accounts of these. Your enjoyment positively brims over into your writing!

Those goody bags are so much fun and I love those pens - so very kitsch! And you are right, the Birthday lady looks fantastic for her age! I would never believe it if you hadn't said how old she was!

Looking forward to your next post as I suspect there will be more fun and cake! :)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 6:15:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I went back to catch up on part 1
I love the cocktail napkins!! priceless :)

so many beautiful ladies :)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 7:02:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I like that these lunches take a few posts to tell us about them. It's like having a good book that's nice and long.

Eggs Benedict? I've just recently gotten brave enough to willingly eat scrambled eggs. That looks a little exotic to me. I'm glad you all enjoyed it though! :)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 8:36:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I agree I like the way you do these posts in parts. And its so nice to hear your gorgeous voice as well!! We are never too old to get gift bags are we - those bears are the cutest. As for the food - yum. Eggs Benedict is a favourite of mine too. Always brings a smile to my face visiting here Naomi and your pictures of flowers are the best. Hope you are well.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 1:22:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Absolutely!!! Absolutely Great and Fantastic party :) There is alot of 'sunshine' because of the everlasting friendship and smiles all around this lovely house of yours Naomi :D

I didn't know there is an Egg Benedict, I'll have to tell my friend Benedit LOL :D

Thank you Naomi for the video clip too, great job :D

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 5:22:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It looks like you gals had a great time. I love the idea of gift bags with little funny things... and with regard to Hollandaise... all good things come from Holland...lol

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 7:19:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

happy b-day lea and betty and you ladies have so much fun together... thanks for sharing..

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 10:15:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

My goodness I love these 'Ladies who lunch' posts. I feel so much like I too am one of those ladies who lunch.

Thanks. =)

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 11:44:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Looks like you all had a wonderful time! :) I'm hungry now....

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 1:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow! Looks you all just have so much fun and have a lovely lunch!
The photos are great and I love all those gifts, principally
the flamingo pen and the Teddy Bear.
Did you know that I have never eat Eggs Benedict? It looks delicious!
And I LOVED the video!
Cheers!

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 4:48:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Who doesn't love a great tease!? Poached eggs, my favorite. Kudos to Will. Old friends are golden.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 5:57:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hello princess Naomi, you look wonderful in your tiarra! I love your lunches and little gifts. The bears, the flamingo pens, all too cute. You ladies are a true inspiration. Age has nothing to do with fun and you prove that over and over!

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 5:38:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.