Monday, April 17, 2006


100 Posts!

I have just passed that milestone of 100 posts. My Lord! I cannot believe I actually have done that many posts....And that's not counting the posts on my first blog which I began in October 2005. Then I had a complete crash of my Hard Drive and ALL was lost, including how to get on to the first Blog...so I started the second one, November 7th, I believe....(I have since been able to access the old Blog, btw...).

Jane, of JaneLovesTarzan said that when you reach 100 posts you have to write 100 things about yourself...oy! Well, I will try to do that, right now.

1.- I live in Los Angeles, California.
2.- I have lived here in L.A. since 1961.
3.- I was just a baby when I moved here....well, not really.
4.- I was born in New York City at Roosevelt Hospital. That's where I was a baby.
5.- My family already lived in Great Neck, which is on Long Island where I grew up, after they brought me home from Roosevelt Hospital.
6.- I am one of four children.
7.- My oldest sister Robin, died on February 5th, 2005, the first of my siblings to pass on.
8.- My parents were married for twenty years when they separated and then divorced, three years later.
9.- My mother and brother Gordon and sister Gene and I spent 8 weeks in Truckee, Nevada, just outside of Reno, getting my mother's divorce from my father.

9 1/2.- We had to stay that extra two weeks because my father was slow to sign the divorce papers....Thank You, Daddy.
10.- I am the baby of my family.
11.- That position never changes, no matter how old we get.
12.- All four of us went all through school in Great Neck. The Grade Scool was Kensington School, and the High Schoold was Great Neck High School.
13.- A teacher once said to me, "Why aren't you more like your sister Robin?" A lovely thing to say, wasn't it? Robin was the Best student of all of us, and I was the worst.
14.- I didn't eat Breakfast five days a week for 12 years--all through my school years--cause school made me sick to my stomach. I didn't enjoy school until I went to "Drama" school. And then, I loved school. Breakfast was back in my life then.
15.- My parents helped start the very first Temple in Great Neck with 13 other Jewish family's.
16.- Now there are about 5 or 6 Temple's in Great Neck.
17.- My parents owned a house in Florida where we would spend the winters when I was a young child, until my parents seperated.
18.- I learned to swim when I was very very young and it has always been my favorite form of excersize.
19.- I never liked swimming indoors, I only like swimming outdoors in a pool in the sun and in the air, preferably with a lovely light breeze surrounding me.
20.- I never swim anymore, at all
21.- I have never been married.
22.- I have no children.
23.- I am an Aunt.
24.- I have 4 nieces and 3 nephews.
25.- I am a Great Aunt, too.
26.- I have 5 Grand nephews and 2 Grand nieces.

27.- I live alone except for the dearest man in my life, my cat Sweetie.
28.- I have some Health Issues that keep me pretty much confined to home.
29.- This was not always the case. I am by nature, a very social person.
30.- I love going to The Theatre and Movies and Dinner and Lunch and Brunch and Party's.
31.- I am a composer and lyricist.
32.- I write plays.
33.- I sang in night clubs as a young person.
34.- I have sung on Broadway.
36.- And my music has been heard on Broadway, too.
37.- I made two single records 'back in the day'. One of these records was a "hit' in Connecticut. (A dubious distinction, at best)
38.- I am featured on what used to be called an "Original Cast" Album...it's the Album of that Broadway show that I mentioned.
39.- I have appeared on television as an actress and a singer.
40.- My music and me were both featured in a CBS television 'special'.
41.- I was nominated for an Emmy for that music.
42.- I didn't win.
43.- I am a painter, too, and work in acrylic.
44.- I had a long and fruitful relationship as an artist showing with a gallery here in Los Angeles called Ankrum Gallery.
45.- I have had one woman shows of my paintings and drawings in other cities, as well.
46.- San Francisco, New York Sarasota, Florida and Tequesta, Florida.
47.- My work has been featured in Group shows in San Diego, La Jolla, Palm Springs, Los Angeles, and New York City.
48.- Some very interesting people own paintings of mine, none of whom am I going to name here.
49.- I had a dreadful illness when I was 9 years old that has come back to haunt me now.
50.-My lungs have no hair in them--no cillia, if you will-- so I do not have the cleansing system that most people have.
51.- So, I can get any and all kinds of strange and unusual bacterial infections of a respiritory nature and have, thus the 'confined to home' issue. No more Theatre, Or Movies, Or Dinners Or Lunches Or Brunches Or Party's for me...no more crowds of people.
52.- It's very difficult, especially given that I am a very social creature.
53.- Blogging has been great for me because of this.
54.- I have been involved in a particular AIDS Fund Raiser for 20 years.
55.- My best friend and I are Co-Chairs of this event.
56.- It's a Musical Theatre Evening.
57.- It's called S.T.A.G.E. (Southland Theatre Artists Goodwill Event), and a lot of you already know about this.
58.- It is a very gratifying event to be involved with.
59.- I wish we didn't have to do this event cause if we didn't have to do it, it would mean AIDS is no longer an issue.
60.- I have a Cactus Garden
61.- I love these plants more than I can say, but then, a lot of you already know that, too.
62.- I have lived in my house for a very long time.
63.- I love my house. It is my sanctuary.
64.- I love my house just as much as the day I moved in.
65.- Probably more, actually.
66.- It is a haven of serenity and beauty to me.
67.- I love beautiful things.
68.- I am surrounded by beautiful art on my walls.
69.- Art feeds my soul.
70.- Art is food for the soul just as much as food is essential to one's survival and well being. So, Art is essential to my survival and well being. 71.- I wish I had one more room in my house.
72.- I have always painted in my bedroom, and love doing that.
73.- But it would have been nice to have a 'studio' right here in my house, as well.
73 1/2.- Painting in one's bedroom is not always the best thing when you have company and/or 'sleep overs'
74.- I have painted over 850 paintings.
74 1/2.- The biggest painting I ever painted was 9 feet by 14 feet.
75.- I've probably done 2000 drawings!
76.- I'm Excessive.
77.- I'm Obsessive, too.
78.- I'm an addictive personality.
79.- I have 3 DVD Players
80.- 5 VCR's.
81.- I am known as The Tapemeister in some circles.
82.- I have done quite a bit of Videography in my day.
83.- And some have been extended pieces, two hours long.
Like, "The History Of Theatre West-Part 1" about the Theatre Group I belong to.
84.- I once belonged to a Budhist sect that Chanted 'Nam Yo Harengi Kyo'. (Spelling questionable....)
85.- I went to The Primal Institute in L.A. for two years, a million years ago.
84.- I have a padded and sound proof room underneath my house.
85.- It has saved my life.
86.- Screaming & Crying is Great Medicine.
87.- Laughing is Great Medicine, too!
88.- I once had to take off my Brassiere in a play at The Martk Taper Forum which is part of The Los Angeles Music Center..
89.- I have played a lot of Nurses on Television.
90.- I've also played a Bank Manager and a Bank Teller on Television. And I've played assorted secretary's, receptionists, clerks, customers, waitresses, a recovering alcoholic and the mother of a teenage alcoholic in recovery, etc., etc., etc.
91.- I played a very small part on "The Jeffersons".
92.- All I had to do was scream! Primal Therapy prepared me for that!
93.- I wrote my first play-sketch when I was about 7 or 8 years old.
94.- My parents had a Farm in Pennsylvania.
95.- We spent our summers their until my parents seperated.
96.- I play the Piano, The Violin, The Viola And The Ukulele.
97.- When I write music I write it at the piano.
98.- The Gay Men's Chorus of Washington, D.C., recorderd a song of mine.
99.- I have written Incidental Music for five plays, and any number of songs, (Music & Lyrics) for a number of other stage shows, too.
And....last, but not least....
100.- I met Pablo Picasso in France a few years before he died.

Gee...I thought this was going to be harder than it was...
So....there you have it. One Hundred + things about me to commemerate my 100th post. (This is actually my 101st post on Here In The Hills.

Maybe I'll do another 100 things about me when I get to my 200th post!
And maybe not.






















58 Comments:
had this to say:

Well.... Can I be the first to say..... [gulp].

Well done on both your hundreth post & the hundred things about you....

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 3:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

CONGRATULATIONS, DEAR NAOMI! It's great to had 100 POSTS! All them so Beautiful, Lovely, Funny, Interesting, Wise, Touching, Well Written and all them joint with wonderful photos!
I love this post and to know more about you. What an amazing and wonderful life you have. I will love to see some of your painting and I will love to hear some of your music, too.

Wow, meet Pablo Picasso is fabulous, just amazing!

As I said to you in another occasion, you must write a book, Naomi. Would be great!

CONGRATULATIONS again! I am looking forward to another 100 POSTS!

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 7:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Very interesting Naomi! I knew you were such a talented person! Your life has been exciting and you have acheived many things. I'm glad you started blogging too, as you are very dear to me now. I know that you are a kind, generous, and loving person. You are a definite plus to the blogging world! Congratulations on your posting anniversary! A toast in your honor!!

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 7:26:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

'18.- I learned to swim when I was very very young and it has always been my favorite form of excersize.
19.- I never liked swimming indoors, I only like swimming outdoors in a pool in the sun and in the air, preferably with a lovely light breeze surrounding me.'

Cool!! Me too.....although I do like to swim in storms too :-)

Great list, Naomi - some I knew, some I didn't [wink]

cq

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 7:46:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Congrats on your 100th post!!!

I loved reading your 100 things! You are a very interesting, creative person...but of course, I already knew that, my dear Naomi!

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 10:13:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow, that was a list and a half. Congrats on the 100, I look forward to the next 99.

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 2:44:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

BTW - I watched 'The Red Shoes' over the weekend. I'd forgotten just how good it was.

Funnily one scene (where Marius Goring joins the Ballet troop) reminded me of when I worked backstage... Clearly showed the 'crew'- everyone else divide!

Thanks for the recommendation...

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 2:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Congratulations.

I'm just sticking my head back out after practically hibernating from blogs for the last couple of weeks (can I bill the IRS fo the lost time?)

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 3:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Actor, singer, painter, photographer.... What a woman!!

Happy 100 posts! Keep on writing.

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 4:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Awesome, awesome, awesome 100 things. Truly. I'm just awestruck by your talent, and even more by your humility over such wonderful accomplishments.

Today, and many days, you are my hero.

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 4:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I think I will just call you Aunty Em from now on LOL.
Happy 100 , I totally missed the fact when I hit my 100 so have yet to do one of these lists, if ever.
I wish you had one more room in your house too HAHAHA.
I love the list and thanks for the email info too I will look into that :)

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 4:56:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Congratulations on the 100th post. I'm looking forward to reading the next 100 :)

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 6:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Congrats on 100 posts!!!!!! Here is to another 100!

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 8:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

My voice is getting better, but the doc said it may take 6 months from surgery to know what I'm left with. That would put me into July before I know if this new substance will last and be helpful long term. I've got enough voice to talk now with some volume, so I am getting by okay.
Thanks so much for asking.

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 9:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

UNBELIEVABLE! What memories and accomplishments.

I am seriously just in shock. Makes me think back into our family to see what accomlishments have been made....not too many. Although my grandmother did date Kirk Douglas for quite a while before marrying my grandfather.

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 9:58:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

How very interesting your life has been. Of course you realize that you have raised more questions than you have answered! Which Broadway play? What were the hit singles? What original soundtrack and for God's sake, which CBS special?? You left me hanging!!

~Mike

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 11:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Congratulations on making it past 100 posts this time, Naomi.

This is indeed a wonderful 101st post, Naomi. I've never written a comprehensive post like this. I'd imagine it's rather cathartic.

So, normal life on The Island growing up with winters in Florida and Summers in PA. My ex-wife's family lived in NYC and surrounding parts and her parents had a childhood like that. One of her uncle's owned a sleep-away camp in PA. I think it's name was Starlight...something like that anyway. The Jewish community in the 40s and 50s really lived a seperate life from the rest of the population in many ways.

I look forward to your next 100 posts, Naomi. You have an amazing blog which isn't surprising since you've led such an interesting life.

Monday, April 17, 2006 at 11:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Utenzi-- I feel compelled to say something to you about your comment about the 40's & 50's in terms of "Jewish Life"
..in point of fact, Great Neck in the years I grew up was NOT a rarified life for the Jewish population...there were, believe it or not, not that many Jewish people living in Great Neck. It was a very diversified group of people--Catholics, Protestants, and a relatively small number of Jews, at that time...And as for Florida...It too was quite diversified...Yes, there were Jewish people, but the Jews were not the predominant people at that time...And as for Pennsylvania...well, I can still recall driving past small Summer Hotels that had signs out in front, right there on the street for all to see, "No Jews or Dogs".

Yes, this is a fact.

My father was always a 'pioneer' in that respect. He wanted to be one of the FIRST Jews, if not THE First Jew, to move wherever it was he wanted to live...So when my parents moved to Great Neck, quite a few years before I was born, there were very few Jewish people. This was true in Florida, too, and definately true in Pennsylvania...Seeing signs like that did not make one feel very welcome, but, my father and my mother, too, were not timid nor were they frightened. In that sense, I am very grateful for that part of my childhood. We were taught by example and our childhoods were filled with all sorts of varied and sundry people of every religeon and every race and creed...and all from very varied walks of life--business people, the arts, working class people, financiars, scholers, teacchers, etc....(Both my parents came from very very poor backgrounds and both had to quit school because they both had to go to work at the age of 14...)

If we lived a 'separate life from other people' it was more because of the succes my father achieved in his business, along with my parents great great interest in 'The Arts'...In many ways their interest in 'The Arts', set us apart from most all the other kids I grew up with.If I felt different it was more because we did not seem to dance to the same tunes as many of the people in the town of Great Neck seemed to value--our values were quite different, except for others who were also very involved and interested in 'The Arts'. This, as it turns out, was the foundation for all of my passions and interests--which basically saved my life and became my life-- music, theatre, books, etc. I cannot speak for anyone else; I can only share my own experience. And my experience was not what you said in your comment.

I think, in fact that this very varied life that we lived gave all of us the opportunity to see how many manby people lived and the adversity of many peolple. I believe it taught us all compassion and an understanding of many people not like ourselves. This was a great gift, to my way of thinking.

Thank you for your comments my dear...I would love to hear more about your girl frends experience and her parents experience, as well...do tell her I love that picture of her kitty that you have on your blog, and I noticed also you have a lot of paw prints, as well. Hmmmm. And this from a man who says he doesn't like cats...(*smile*)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 1:31:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Utenzi, my dear-- I just realized it was your Ex-Wifes experience and HER parents! Please forgive me--and please apologize tgo your girlfriend....It's late! What can I say! (lol)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 1:41:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

WOW! I loved your list.
Congratulations on reaching your 100th post (+1 now lol)
I would love to see some of your artwork, have you ever posted any of your artwork?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 4:06:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a list! You're having one full life! Yay for making it to 101!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 4:46:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Congratulations OOL

Oh and btw you were the 20,000th visitor to my blog as well :o)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 4:54:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow! That sure was a list. You know, I admire people who can live alone. I don't think a person living alone can be lonely. I would like to do so myself. Living alone means you can do anything you want not thinking of others. If you don't want to eat your meals, you don't have to think that you'll have to cook for others.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 5:03:00 AM PDT 

Blogger JR
had this to say:

Wow! That's a lot of stuff! I never posted anything special when I hit my 100th post, now I'm close to 200, but I don't think I could think of that many things. Well, congrats on your 100th and congrats on thinking of so many things. :-)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 5:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I have always admired a person who writes,acts,composes,sings and paints. You have done all of them. Cheers to you!!!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 8:22:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

wow! i am dumbfounded. you have achieved so much! i never realized just how talented you really were - i mean, to have a tv special about your music - just awesome! and to top it all, you got to meet picasso! what a wonderful life you lead, naomi! thanks so much for sharing these little bits about yourself. congratulations on post#100. may you have a hundred thousand more...:)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 8:27:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

what an amazing & full life you have!! i'm a little bit jealous, if i may say so!
BTW, i came from tlp's blog!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 8:51:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Fantastic. i knew alot of it anyway, as I am a regular reader:-) But it's always good to have everything written out nicely!

I don't think I could find 100 things to say abpout me.

let alone interesting ones:-(

congrats on the 100 posts, 100 things, and here's looking forward to another 100 - just as interesting - in th future.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 10:33:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow Naomi! What a life! But now you have left me more curious than ever! I am so envious that you met Pablo Picasso himself. You should do a post about that.

Congratulations, and I am looking forward to the next 100. To you and your health, CHEERS!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 11:55:00 AM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

Great 100.
My brother was not on Broadway but was in the traveling company of Phantom for eight years. I love Broadway plays and shows. Nyssa and I are going to be in NY for about two weeks this summer and my brother is treating us to three shows...now trying to decide. Any recommendations? Nyssa wants to see Wicked. We've done the Phantom thing too many times already and Cats closed (already saw that several times). So trying to figure something else.

I never met a famous painter. Wow. Sometimes I feel as old as Michelangelo but too bad I can't paint or draw. ;)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 1:55:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy 100th post Naomi! WOW! You did it & it was so interesting to read. As I was reading this, I realized something: everytime I read your blog or talk to you on the phone, I am filled with gladness. You're such a wonderful, loving person & the energy one gets from being around you is electifying!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 3:50:00 PM PDT 

Blogger dan
had this to say:

100 things about you is a tough post... But like the first 99, it's brilliant!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 7:38:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Off topic: I'm not ignoring the Email, Naomi. I'll try to write back today. Too much stuff going on right now--my sanity is disintegrating. :-)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 10:26:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I can't wait until your 200th post, and we get 100 more things about you! I never did this. I don't know, I just didn't ever count up the posts and by now it's WAY over a hundred. Maybe I'll do it one day when I have nothing else to say. Not likely, but....


Here from Michele.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 9:15:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

WOW! Darling that was absolutely amazing. what a fantastic read- well what a fantastic life!

i'm so sorry you can't get out and swim and lunch anymore but thank goodness you have a wonderful house that you love and this.

this blogging is a lifeline for many of us. yours is beautiful, joyfull and fascinating as are you.

thank you for sharing. and i look forward to hundreds more posts and insights into the ooloth!
have a wonderfull weekend sweetie*

Friday, April 21, 2006 at 1:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

NAOMI!!! This was the BEST 100 things! For so many reasons.

We have SO much in common. First of all, both of my kids were born at Roosevelt Hospital. Although I lived in Brooklyn as a kid most of my family was on Long Island so I am WAY familiar with Great Neck. I used to play tennis out there frequently.

And the Broadway stuff... you need to email me about that. AND about your special... Do you know that my 2nd husband is a Broadway stagehand and his whole family has been a part of Local One since the beginning? My daughter took the apprentice exam a few years ago but JUST missed the cut (by one). So Broadway has been a huge part of our lives.

I would love to know more about so much that you've written...

I am so sad that you are confined to your home. You are just a vibrant person...but thankfully the miracle of the internet allows the rest of us to know you anyway. What a joy for us.

This really made my day. You're an AWESOME person!

Here via michele, but I don't need to be!

Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 9:25:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Congrats on surpassing 100 posts! I'm not sure how many I have written. I'm almost scared to know because I'm not sure I could muster the 100 things to say. :)

However, my aside, I'm so glad *you* did find 100 things to share. It was fantastic being able to get to know you a bit more. I already knew you were a special lady, but this just proved it again.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 5:36:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Damn, what a life you've led.

I can't wait to read the next 100. And the next, and...

We're privileged that you continue to create and inspire.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 8:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

We don't have much in common except being the baby of the family. Still, it was a fun read! Glad I stumbled across your blog.

Saturday, June 3, 2006 at 3:15:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

A very engaging read. What a life you lead. :) I bet you're a fun Aunt.

Enjoyed visiting your blog.

~S

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 10:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm very near... Glendale. :)

I meant to tell you, my partner and I saw S.T.A.G.E. benefit for the first time this year, and it was one of the most enjoyable evenings we've had in a long time. We've only been in LA 2 years, and as you might have seen by my theatre blog, we're all over the theatre scene here. We used to donate to BCEFA and go to NYC a lot. I miss that, being way out here. Anyway, the S.T.A.G.E. benefit is going to be a tradition with us. Great cause, fantastic evening.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Stop by anytime!
~S :)

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 11:12:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I was looking for old names on Google and Harvey Snodgrass got me to you. He taught me too, early 50's at the BH Hotel. Great to see the picture of him, a kind man with a hand like rawhide. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 8:07:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I was looking for old names on Google and Harvey Snodgrass got me to you. He taught me too, early 50's at the BH Hotel. Great to see the picture of him, a kind man with a hand like rawhide. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 8:07:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Dear Naomi,
Belated congrats on your 100th post. To say I enjoyed reading more interesting tidbits you chose to share about yourself, would be an understatement.This post is full of fantabulous parts of you.

I think I emailed you or posted months before now that I recognized you, long before you revealed yourself. I think that is in large part due to my parents highlighting Jews in culture, and hitory, and especially the arts to me as they swelled with pride. (You already know I'm also Jewish.)

Plus my mother and I are artists so visual memory is strong. Equality for all is something good my parents instilled in all of their children. They were/are tireless volunteers. (They also started a shul when I was a child with only a few other families.)

I'm intrigued by your artwork. I'm amazed at all of your theatrical a talent and experience. Your warmth radiates from the pages of your blog like a warm hug and a dazzling smile. How I fervently wish I had the power to heal your body.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 7:15:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Good heavens you sound like an interesting person. I will be keeping an eye on your blog.

Thank you so much for sharing.
-Leigh in Atlanta

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 7:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

That is quite a milestone...and it's nice to talk about ourselves, too, huh?

Some fascinating stuff there. #49 saddened me, and I wondered if it's post-Polio syndrome that has come back to haunt you...

In any case, I'm glad that the blog offers you friendship and a comfort of sorts, knowing that you can share yourself with many others out there, even if you can't get out there yourself! From your blog entries, we see that you're a fascinating person who's had a fascinating life and you know colorful characters who entertain you and have entertained us...and it would be a pleasure to meet you in person.

Perhaps one day...

May you have many many more blog posts and sunny and flower-filled days ahead!

Saturday, April 21, 2007 at 8:47:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I wanted to learn more about the Old Old Lady of the Hills, so I read this. You've done a lot in your life and with your gifts, I'm sure you will do much more. Your photography is exceptional. I come back for your beautiful garden and captivating stories. Thanks for sharing.

Monday, July 23, 2007 at 6:29:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I've always enjoyed your comments on Danny Miller's blog, so I decided to click on your name....and what a treat! 100 amazing things! You must be a lot of fun to be around!!!

I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Thursday, October 25, 2007 at 7:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I wish I could come up with a word other than WOW - but that come to mind! I appreciate and enjoyed the journey through your life and glimpse at your personality - AWESOME!!!!!

Jerry in Tampa

Sunday, November 18, 2007 at 3:09:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You're definitely an original!

Monday, December 10, 2007 at 2:03:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi, I found your blog by jumping around from one blog to another. I found you off the blog roll at Cheer Up. Then I read your Jan. 12 post and then I read the 100 things about you, and then I read all the comments, which brings me to posting some questions.
I was interested in your posts because of your age. I like to hear the perspective of people older than mmysel and how their experiences that are not a part of my reality, have impacted their lives.
I am very interested in the Jewish faith also. I am a Christian, but I have taken classes at a local temple to educate myself.
I have a very good friend who is Jewish and I drive her crazy with my Christianity. She loves me anyway.
If I may, I have some questions...
I assume because your dad started a temple, you grew up as a practicing Jew. Are you still? Are you a Messianic Jew?
Actually I have a bunch of questions but I better hold off and see if you are interested in chatting.
I will pray for your health...
I suppose you can't eat wheat, true?

Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 6:19:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi,

Congratulations on your 101 posts and your lovely list with 100 thins you have done.

Please look at my blog

For your Outstanding Bloggery Award.

Love,

Herrad

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 9:22:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hello,

I wanted to say thank you for wishing me a special birthday on my blog. My mother is the one who directed you to me. Silverfox-whispers (Maria). I completely enjoyed reading your 100 things and am in such admiration of your accomplishments and experiences. I see you are from the LA area and perhaps have heard of my story. Again, thank you for your well wishes.

Best,
Dawn Schiller

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 11:06:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Number 37 was a stitch!! I am so charmed by your blog. It's 2011, tell me that you are still alive! I'm just gonna keep pouring over your posts. You are absolutely charming!
Thanks again,
Stan in Arizona

Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 11:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

holy crap.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 at 4:24:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I just found you, through, of all places, an old blog called I slept with Robert De Niro. I know the blogger has passed but I love the way she writes (wrote) and am making my way through it, you commented often and one of your comments brought me here. I'm sorry about your brother, I can only imagine how terrible a loss it is. This list is fabulous and I too once "dabbled in" buddhism and chanted that same phrase. Looking forward to making my way through your archives. BonnyBard
http://thebonnybard.com/

Friday, July 27, 2012 at 2:38:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

California is a lovely place. Was there in June/July for a month (San Jose)
Thanks for your compliments about my blog and the profile pic. Actually it looks like a large family. The two tall ones are our kids and the three small ones are my wife's cousin's kids.
Agree on point No 87 - Laughing is Great Medicine.

Friday, October 16, 2015 at 4:56:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi - you might not even see this comment but as I was reading through - i saw this and it stopped me in my tracks.

....69.- Art feeds my soul.
70.- Art is food for the soul just as much as food is essential to one's survival and well being. So, Art is essential to my survival and well being. 71.- I wish I had one more room in my house.
72.- I have always painted in my bedroom, and love doing that.
73.- But it would have been nice to have a 'studio' right here in my house, as well.
73 1/2.- Painting in one's bedroom is not always the best thing when you have company and/or 'sleep overs'
74.- I have painted over 850 paintings.
74 1/2.- The biggest painting I ever painted was 9 feet by 14 feet.
75.- I've probably done 2000 drawings!



I too draw and paint and only in my bedroom. I sit on my bed for the most part - In the last few years i sketch out with pencil but paint everything on line - but I use to do acrylics and watercolors while sitting on my bed.

Anyway - very fun to read the 100 things about you ...

and u met Picasso - so exciting.

I would have loved to meet Van Gogh.

Thanks for sharing so much about your life. It was so very interesting.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 7:49:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.