Thursday, April 06, 2006


The Light At
The End Of
The Tunnel?

Not quite yet....maybe a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel...things are better...but not where they need to be, yet...

My throat is better than it was because the sinuses are better than they were....but my sinuses are still not "Happy Campers"....
perhaps it's because of the Rubber Cement that is in there....(Never had THAT before!)


The chest. Well, what can I say...It's tight and doesn't seem to want to loosen up, no matter what I do...perhaps it's because of the Rubber Cement that's dripping down into it from those irritated sinuses...which don't feel as good as they did yesterday....UGH, UGH, UGH...

It's all probably more information than any of you want to know, but, it's what my life is about right now, so I apologize for this physical self-involvement...


To keep my mind off of me, I have been watching a lot of TV....I had no idea that 'reality' (ha) television' had taken over the airwaves to such a great extent.,.frankly I find it very depressing...these shows ALL are about people competing with one another for various and increasingly strange things, and someone loosing each week and then finally, someone winning.


What is depressing to me is how incredibly popular these shows are and how our culture is all about winning and loosing...help me, oh nurse! Is this what our culture has come to or was it always like this?

I cannot watch most of this, at all...aside from the obvious reasons, I see the manipulation of each show with the editing, etc. After all, it is still "selling soap"....they can call it 'reality television', but it isn't. Give me a good old fashioned well written and acted 'drama' any day of the week. At least they do not pretend to be reality.
In my meager 'reality' travels,
I did discover Top Chef on Bravo and though it is, of course, the same old same old of all these shows--people competing against each other--I really got into the food part. Looking at it, fantasizing I could smell it; and imaginging how delicious some of it might be...but that's cause I love food!


Forgive me my fellow bloggers who love this show, but I think American Idol is a croc! There were people who sang on Tuesday night that should be gone, gone, gone...(singing off key, to me, is the worst sin of all)...and I guess they will be gone as time goes on, but....OY! Deliver me. And if they are not gone...then that is equally depressing to me.


I can't wait for the next "Soprano's" "West Wing", and "Boston Legal"...at least they don't pretend to be anything but what they are: Great Old Fashioned drama/comedy with suberp writing, acting and directing. At least they really make me forget my dripping sinuses for a little while...


Before I go back to clutching my kleenex box I want to thank each and everyone of you out there in this amazing place called cyberspace for your incredible caring and concern about me and my health...it has deeply touched my heart more than I can say--this loving supportof yours--and your emails, cards and great good wishes as well as your medical advice has helped me to focus on getting well and getting back to my neglected blog in a huge way...I thank each and everyone one of you with a very full heart....and, btw, Sweetie has been the Greatest comforter of All Time! What is it about animals? They know when you need them. So I thank him, too, with every fiber of my being, and here he is in all his conforting glory.














26 Comments:
had this to say:

I'm glad that there is at least some light at the end of the tunnel. Your Sweetie is beautiful.

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 11:25:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

So glad to see you blogging again! and a wonderful pic of your Sweetie! :)

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 2:07:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

SO glad you're feeling better............ Hope you get fully better soon...

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 2:15:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm so glad to see you blogging again! I've been thinking about you :) Get all the way well soon!

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 2:38:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Get better soon!

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 3:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Glad you are better Naomi!
Just keep getting better and have Sweetie make you some chicken soup!

You are right about the reality shows. I don't care for them either. That's why I have to watch reruns of the older shows or some good movies!

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 4:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm so sorry you still aren't feeling well. I don't watch most of the reality shows, well, cept a few. There's just 1 on AI that I like & I've given up on wanting my favorite to win. Have you watched Son's & Daughters on Tuesday nights on ABC @ 9 and 9:30? OMGOSH it is the funniest show in years. It's actually the only sitcom Tarzan & I watch. Oh wait, I watch Desperate Housewives too.
Sweetie looks so cuddly, he's such a precious cat. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 4:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I was so happy to see an update from you, I was getting worried.I am glad Sweetie is a good nurse :)

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 4:49:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Speaking of rubber cement; I have been there and done that recently, so I know what you are going through. I do hope you continure to get better - and do it quickly. Give Sweetie a hug from me for being so good to you!

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 6:49:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Well at least we have an update from you!! I was about to send a search party! ;) Continue to take care of yourself, and get plently of rest! We need you back to your spunky self! :)

Sending you a great big ol' Hug!

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 7:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi dear Naomi! I am so glad that you post and feel better! It's great to hear from you full of vibration and enthusiasm as usual! And you did a good work, searching photos and images to illustrate this post!
Love the beautiful photo of Sweetie, too!

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 8:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

We all matter to each other, the support and caring that we offer to each other honestly sometimes gets me through the day.

And isn't that the truth of it? Our pets are such wonderful comforters through our worst times, aren't they? Sweetie's probably thrilled to pieces that you're a captive audience! :)

Thursday, April 6, 2006 at 11:58:00 PM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

Don't tell your ear, nose and throat doctor about Sweetie. The first comment out of his mouth will be, "Well, there is your problem, you are allergic to cats." I know mine would. He might actually be right, but I would rather be stuffed up all the time than let the furry hot water bottles go.

Hope you feel better soon.

"Hi, Sweetie!" Back you motley crew of misfit cats! Sorry, Rhett tried to shanghai the keyboard. He really is getting to big for his britches.

Friday, April 7, 2006 at 5:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

HI--

I've been on the road, Boston, and I'm returning to the road, Chicago, tomorrow--so I haven't checked in. GET WELL SOON!

As for reality TV, not only is it all about winning and loosing, it's also about looking and talking and SINGING exactly the same. Lowest common denominator. With teenage daughters, I am at my wits end with the drek.

Well, have a good weekend. Seems like you're on the mend.

Rick

Friday, April 7, 2006 at 2:15:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Michele sent me back to check up on you, I finally updated my own blog. I hope you are feeling even better today.

Friday, April 7, 2006 at 4:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

gett better! happy friday!!

Friday, April 7, 2006 at 5:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Any time I see light at the end of the tunnel, I worry that I'm about to get plowed down by a train...

here via Michele's today!

Friday, April 7, 2006 at 6:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Sorry to hear that you've been so sick. Sounds like you've had a rough time of it.
Your cat it stunning!!! There is something to be said about the comfort of a kitty...they DO somehow know when you need a little extra cuddle.
Thanks for stoping by my blog, and I do hope that you're feeling 100% again soon.

Friday, April 7, 2006 at 6:14:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Good man, Sweetie. What a champ to look after his Mommy so well.

Get well soon, Naomi - cyberkitten and I are worried about you....

[hugs]

cq

Saturday, April 8, 2006 at 2:14:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

gecmis olsun! (turkish for may it be in your past)
and thank you for your comment*
here via michele's right back atcha!

Saturday, April 8, 2006 at 2:28:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi - I saw your comment at Mar's... about the photo hunt thingie. It's just a theme I started for Saturdays - where there will be a photo theme each week and you post a photo you've taken that best represents the theme. You can read the themes/blogroll and more info here: http://tnchick.com/pshunt/

Saturday, April 8, 2006 at 8:50:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Kat
had this to say:

Hello, visiting via Michele's. Like the blog, sorry to hear about your, um, rubber cement. Doesn't sound pretty. But your cat is the cutest is the cutest thing I've seen for a long time!

Saturday, April 8, 2006 at 11:02:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi swwetheart - cq here thanks to Michele :-)

Hope you're still improving and Sweetie is looking after you!

Oh, and in answer to your question on my blog, I think I was about two when that picture was taken :-)

cq

Saturday, April 8, 2006 at 12:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick, so I can definitely sympathize. I agree that TV gets old and depressing really fast. I'm addicted to several shows, but my DVR lets me speed through commercials, which is great.

Feel Better! Michele sent me to say that!

Saturday, April 8, 2006 at 1:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm still praying for your continued good health, Naomi. You inspire all of us with your empathy, community-mindedness and incredible photographic eye. It's only fair that the powers-that-be reward all that goodness with some good health.

I wish I could do more than simply put words on a screen.

Saturday, April 8, 2006 at 6:26:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm a bad blogfriend because I'm working now and don't check in (and up) on my fav's as much as I used to. TOTALLY agree with you on American Idol. What a croc. I hate that show, and most of the other reality shows. But I LOVE Amazing Race. I'm a total addict. Give that one a try. It's got travel, adventure, and a lot of interesting behavior. Otherwise, give me the West Wing!

Here via Michele tonight.

Oh, I gotta ask you. How did you get the This Blog Does not Allow Anon Comments statement on this form? I want to put that on mine as well.

Saturday, April 8, 2006 at 7:58:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.