Thursday, May 06, 2010
the sky

Over the years I have taken many many pictures of the view from my house.....These trees, for instance---my trees, I call them----There are probably 200 photographs, if not more, taken on many occasions because the sky was doing some extraordinary magical things, as in this photograph above....... Another day and another magical sky, above. I love when the sun streams through the clouds---like Spotlights on a stage....My trees are looking a bit raggedy in this picture. No doubt it was the time of year. And the lack of rain, too..... So many breath taking skies up here.....All of these pictures are looking West, of course, where the Pacific Ocean lies beyond....So, when the sun is going down, at certain times of the year, one is stunned by the incredible beauty of it all........ All one can do is sit and look and try to capture what one sees with a camera.....I loved this one up above because it is so different from many of the others and has a kind of peaceful 'feel' to it. Then, there is often 'drama' in the sky....You can hear music accompanying this kind of photograph....Something Classical....... And here above, you can see the storm gathering, as they say.....More Drama. And a different gathering storm above....with more and more Drama. I love this. But I love this below, too...... A beautiful calm day---clear blue sky. You see 'my trees' in the distance, while looking through some very tall Euphorbia trees in my backyard. Some people say to me, 'Oh, you must be bored with your view by now....". No. Never ever ever could I possibly be bored with what I can see from my windows each and every day of the year, and, which changes from moment to moment, thus, never ever looking the same from that moment to the next......




More To Come........

NOTE: I'm still slowly working on The Tile House pictures.....I will post them as soon as I get them all sorted and in the order I need them....there are almost 300 of them so it is a lot to organize. Thanks for understanding.......

















22 Comments:
had this to say:

Lovely shots. Am partial to sunsets but loved the hole in the clouds look.
Great job.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 4:42:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

I like the pink/purple one the best. You should try doing a time lapsed picture and see the movement up there.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 4:56:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Good for you. Every time I see a beautiful sky and want to take a picture, it winds up disappearing before I can get my camera out.

Cheers.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 5:13:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

the sky is certainly a Palette of colors, and your artistic eye catches the array of colors just beautifully Naomi. Isn't it amazing how many "views" you can get from the same spot?! So sad many don't even notice things like that

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 5:28:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

THREE HUNDRED!? wow
Ah, same here from my apt. window, I watch the sky all day. I'm near our large airport (well in its flight path) so lots of planes too. But the most wonderfil sunrises I have seen here. And the clouds. (How did you know I listen to classical music?) Ha!

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 7:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I'd love to see all the different photos up together together to form one picture, that would be great!

Lovely.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 7:43:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Your views are absolutely beautiful who could ever get tired of them. Mother nature is so powerful and so mysterious I'm so fascinated by her constant changes we are privileged to see.

It'll be fun to see the different tiles, and someday even know more about their story..doesn't everyone have a story..I think I have too many in my life.

See ya..Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 12:42:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The sunset shot is calendar worthy!
hint-hint! LOL

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 4:53:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love, love, LOVE photos of those trees!

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 5:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

They are all lovely Naomi! That is an incredible view that you have!! I'm glad you are one who appreciates the beauty of it all.

I know it's taking time for the tile house photos, but when we finally get to read and see them, it'll be awesome!!! I know it'll be well worth the wait!

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 8:56:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

How could anyone get tired of such wonderful view and different "shows"?
Love your tress. I have a similar hill to look at, which caught fire some years ago so there is one tree left.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 11:26:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

So beautiful Naomi. Hard to imagine its the same sky at various times of day and year. Would make a great book actually. I so love nothing better than lying on grass and looking up at the sky. Its the best antidepressant going. Hope you are well and take your time with the 300 pictures, we can wait and it creates suspense...

Friday, May 7, 2010 at 2:43:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I often take photos of clouds. I love the imagery and that I'm not always sure just what I've seen until I look at the photo.
Thanks for sharing these, Naomi.

Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 9:15:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Of course one never gets tired of those views - like mine they are ever changing in the subtlest of ways. I have always thought your trees are Corot like - delicate and lacey.
BTW you will see a much loved familiar face over at my place:)

Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 2:09:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Such wonderful photos and skies :)

Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 3:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Drama is a good way to describe the sky. I also feel something holy when I watch it. I'm amazed at how beautiful a sky can be, even over a big city like yours!

Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 7:18:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wonderful skies, clouds and sunsets. How lucky you are to have such a glorious view, no wonder you never get tired of taking photos of "your trees".

Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 9:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

your pictures, and your view, are simply lovely! it's almost magical how different the same spot can look depending on the time of day, time of year. thanks!

Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 1:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

No not at all Noami, we'll never get bore because we knew the heart & soul that connects you with the beautiful scenery and we felt it just by looking at all your wonderful posts & pictures.

Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 8:58:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi,
Your view looks breathtaking and your photos just wonderful! I can imagine you at your porch enjoying those gorgeous view of the sunset!
Did I told you that I would love to be there with you? (lol)

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 8:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

those are spectacular.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 10:18:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful photos. The sky really is nature's canvas isn't it. You cna also tell what mood mother nature is in from reading it, LoL!

Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 4:42:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.