Friday, June 04, 2010
ladies who lunch - part 3

Everyone is always asking for a picture of me...So, I had Will take this picture of Lee, Me, and Betty.....The "Spoon River" Gals....I put on a little bit of make-up so I would have some eyebrows.....lol...... These Wind-Up Alligators whose teeth chatter as the move along were so silly, I almost didn't get them...But, they turned out to give us all a lot of laughs, as you will see in a little Video I took.......I just love that these dumb little silly looking things gave us so much joy and laughter....This Video is the "short" version....I took some more that was longer and pretty hilarious......I may put that one up in the next post.....or not.......There was lots of fun stuff in the gift bag besides the wonderful Flamingo Pens, which Dianne tried to have that wonderful Bear hold....There was a role of Glittery Heart Stickers and some wonderful little pads and those Poppers of course, and right there in the front, some "bubble" stuff. It was in a cute little round plastic bottle with this 'fish' handle, and they worked really really well....I kept trying to get some pictures of the actual bubbles that were blown---and I did pretty well...... You may have to click on the picture to see the bubbles better.....the 'light' had to be just right and my timing had to be just right, too..... A different picture and more bubbles.....You will. no doubt, have to click on all of these to see the 'bubbles' better...... Here's Cousin Carol above, making some grand bubbles.....I must say, everyone seemed to enjoy the bubbles, a lot! I just love that we are all really children, at heart. And that no matter what our "ages" are...we feel young-at-heart..... Now this picture above---ALL the bubbles are waaaaay up in the left hand corner of this shot---so do click on it to see these magical bubbles. What is it about "bubbles" that is so very pleasing? Because they are definitely deeply deeply pleasing to everyone, and everyone so enjoyed creating them, and I loved capturing all this with my camera...... And everyone just loved their Bears, too.....particularly our 91 year old "Birthday Girl", Ms. Betty........ And you know what? Betty is the 'Youngest-At-Heart', of any of us! She loves everything in the gift bags each time we have these lunches, and when she gets home, she puts everything out where she can look at it all in wonder. savoring it all with great delight! And this is how she has always been, for as long as I have known her......always, always. Betty is a rare and special person......And, truly, I think all these 'ladies' are...they are precious and dear and unique.....And I am so very grateful that they all are in my life......
Oh! Time for the Birthday Cakes! Will is carrying Betty's lit candle because there is all this powdered sugar on that delicious sublime Lemon Cake--her favorite--and we didn't want it to 'blow' all over the table and the flowers.....She blew it out like the champ that she is and has always been........! And right after that, it was time for Lee's Birthday Cake.....Hers was the fabulous Chocolate Cake, and the candles were lit on hers...... But it turned out that Lee had a kind of a 'problem' blowing these particular candles out.....! Will insisted he knew nothing about these 'trick' candles...... We did get a lot of laughs out of this, I must say........ Lee kept blowing and I kept snapping pictures and everyone kept laughing...and as you can see above, by this time there was just this one candle that wouldn't go out. We'd think it was out, and damned if it didn't keep coming back on.......till...... Finally....they were all out! (At least I think they were....lol).....And of course we all enjoyed both cakes a whole lot and then we sat and talked for a bit. And Seemah got out her Cell Phone and took some pictures with it.....none of which I have seen, as yet......lol. I love the color of Seemah's phone.....It certainly would be easy to see if you mislaid it someplace.....Dianne brought her camera too, and she took some pictures which I haven't seen yet, either..... But I thought it would be fun to take a picture from the side, of the three lovely ladies that she was photographing from the front....
It's the first time Dianne brought her camera and she is a very good photographer........ And there she is, taking that picture! I love seeing those streamers hanging down from the chandelier...Remember when we did the Poppers? And then......it was time to open the Presents.....! Hooray! We retired to the living room and the two Birthday Girls settled down on the couch with all their presents just waiting for them.........And that will be Part 4, coming along in a few days........

More To Come........







26 Comments:
had this to say:

Naomi, I am SO glad you allowed the camera to be turned on you!! I have saved the photo of the three of you - what fun - and how pretty you all look.

I'm sure that everyone who reads your posts would love to have been there with you!!

Friday, June 4, 2010 at 4:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

How fun and how much we do need such fun in the world of today and it doesn't look like it takes huge amounts of money to make it happen, more just time and thinking.

The bubbles are great. The last ones I saw being blown were down at the coast and a mother and little girl (I think the mom was enjoying it the most) blowing them toward the sea.

Friday, June 4, 2010 at 9:44:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

beautiful photos! and, can i just say, how much i love all of the fun and the laughter that you ladies have? a true inspiration to all girlfriends everywhere! and those noisy-movey-alligatorey-things? a must-have, for sure! :)

Friday, June 4, 2010 at 12:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love how colorful everything is. Last Friday while I was in N.C. my best friend had a little party for me and she blew bubbles around. They really are fun.

Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 1:12:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Well, that was a really fun read! I felt like I was at the birthday party with you...wish I could have been because you are for obviously a great group of friends.

I just found your blog when I was reading posts about dear Rue McClanahan. Am looking forward to reading more of your posts!

Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 6:44:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Look at all those bubbles and good times! The video clip was fun, too...the laughter and the joy you captured made me smile. You always seem to have such a great time together...and think of the most creative little gifts to share. I need to host something like that at my place one of these days. Seriously!! I'd need to kick the husband and kids out for an afternoon, but I could do it! :)

Happy Saturday, my friend! It was great chatting with you the other day. Please call me anytime. xo

Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 6:58:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

That's a heckuva cake.

(BTW, you still peg a solid "9.3" out of ten on the "Fabulous Babe-o-meter.")

Cheers.

(A propos to your post, the word verification is "mints.")

Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 9:48:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

so glad you finally let someone use your camera so we can see YOU having fun too!!! Great shot!!

your *toys* are always so cute..I love that Betty loves even the smallest things !

Everyone looks so beautiful..how lucky you are to have friends that are so beautiful inside and out..and they are so lucky to have YOU!

Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 10:30:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a great reports (yes, 1 & 2 too!) from the Ladies feast! I just loved the story and the pictures really tells you had a jolly good time - not to mention the vid (great to see you dear blog friend!)

Btw: Sorry I haven't been around that much lately - have been busy working, including traveling, and planning for the OsloBG.
Just want you to know I haven't forgotten you Naomi :-)

Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 1:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Well, that was fun! I feel like I've been a fly on the wall at your party, I love the toys and the gift bags and the fact that your guests are having so much enjoyment.

Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 1:57:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Oh Naomi! You're so gorgeous and also surrounded with gorgeous people. Another awesome lunch and cake looks beautiful!

I am sorry again if I havent been around due to my exams but I am finally done with it so I am back online!

Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 3:40:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What fun!

You look lovely with eyebrows or without. :)

I always like peeking in the party bags. You always have neato stuff in there!

Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 4:24:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Great pics and great to see you Naomi looking so well and happy. Makeup looks great. Everyone was having a wonderful time and the gift bags were loads of fun too.
The cakes look great - the chocolate one is so unusual - perfect for a celebration.

I agree with everyone else, your writing is so inclusive and engaging that reading it, its like we are there right along side you all. I can tell you I can taste that cake too....lol!!

I have been a bit preoccupied so not blogging as much as I should. I am working on some future plans but I always read your blog. Its only one of two that I dont like missing out on.

Take Care and hope your week is a good one.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 5:17:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Girls in tiaras at play! You look wonderful in that photo, Naomi and not like your on crack! You have such wonderful fun loving friends and your home is so bright and photogenic.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 6:36:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Loved the picture of the three of you. Such a beautiful trio. I did the same as kenju. Aren't you smart Judy.
I am a bit like Betty, I would love the bags. My favorite part of Christmas was always the stocking, no matter what other great gifts waited.
Looking forward to more.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 7:40:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Love to visit with the girls at your luncheons. You all have such a grand time together. That picture of you is wonderful.

I anxiously await the next installment.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 1:41:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Kevin
had this to say:

Naomi , you look beautiful in the first pic with Lee and Betty.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 3:17:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow, you all know how to party! I turn my back for a few days, and miss all the fun!

I love that top photo of the 3 of you, and it's lovely to hear your laughter. :) That warmed my heart. :)

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 3:24:00 PM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Oh my goodness!! Does PETA know that poor bear was violated by a wind-up toy?! I laughed so hard!

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 6:21:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You looking great too Naomi and what a party ... you have shown that simple pleasure brough so much joy not just to everyone at the party but all your blog buddies too.

I feel so much part of this celebration...hmmm..if only I get my hands on those yummy cakes LOL :)

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 12:47:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Such pretty fripperies; rings, bunnies, tiaras, feathers, magic candles,streamers, bubbles and - oh joy - two kinds of cake. No wonder there was such girlish laughter.
Wish I'd been there.

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 3:28:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Always always enjoy these posts! I love your little 'goodies' also. It is so much fun to take pleaseure in small things.
BTW I can't get over how gorgeous Lee is! She looks way better than me and i'm twenty years younger!!!

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 7:50:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi Naomi, great photo's. And you are a lovely woman the color blue suits you.
Bubbles, are one of the things I always keep in a cupboard, for mostly young guests, as my children are grown, my grandkids live too far away to see them very often. But my daughters friends have children, and bubbles & coloring books, and colored chalk. Are things that are kept on hand when in need of a quick smile. Thank You again, for sharing your adventures, and friends.
Pat from NY

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 7:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

how wonderful to be in a circle you enjoy so much.

you ladies sure know how to have a good time!

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 9:24:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because stop playing. Clearly not a problem for any of you beauties!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 8:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Lovely to see a photo of you Naomi! I love the little alligators with the snapping teeth. I'll bet Sweetie would love chasing those!! LOL

It's so great to get together and have fun laughing and just having a good time!! Of course those wonderful cakes help too!!

Looking forward to the next part!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 1:09:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.