Friday, June 11, 2010
ladies who lunch - part 5

Bridget gave each of the Birthday Girls 'individual' gifts, picked out especially for each one of them. She gave Betty what you see above and below..... Betty loves Kaleidoscopes and this is a 'create your own' type.....Needless to say, Betty was thrilled......

And there was also this adorable pair of Heart Socks from Bridget---perfect for Betty! Bridget's card was very very funny..... I cannot remember what it said on the inside and truthfully, it almost doesn't matter, because the card itself was so surprisingly
funny. Do click on this one, please. There was a lot of discussion about were they all men or were there some women, too.....lol. Below is the card that Bridget gave Lee, with her gift.....And we all agreed the caption on the front was absolutely accurate.....! And below, this is what was on the back of that card.....Pretty funny, too, isn't it? And here is what Bridget gave her good and dear friend, Lee.......
I love this! A Glittery Identity Card.....lol! Lee loved it, too......And then, there was the wonderful present that Lee gave to Betty.....! There was this beautiful filmy blue bag, itself---a thing of beauty---But then, inside it, there were all these wonderful goodies, All in the color 'blue'---which happens to be Betty's favorite color........ A very good sized Emory Board...... This very pretty Blue Pen on a Chain that Betty can wear around her neck.....Some other goodies, too, and as you see below..... A fun Blue Ring on Betty's index finger and these adorable G-Clef Earrings, which Betty was crazy about---a perfect pair of earrings for her! But the----to me-----most wonderful thing in that lovely filmy bag was this even lovelier sequined bag.....A Glittery Evening Bag, again, in Betty's favorite color....many shades of blue!
Betty loved everything in the bag and knowing her, she will use each and every thing that was given to her by Lee. Everyone has such a good time picking out their gifts and their cards, too.....I love the enthusiasm and thoughtfulness that accompanies each and every gift---Plus, the great humor of the cards! Yes, we are a bawdy bunch of 'broads'......(lol) And then came Seemah's gift. She gave both Betty & Lee, the same thing. Beautifully wrapped and with fun cards, too...... I'm sorry. Again, I don't remember what it said inside Seemah's card, either---but suffice it to say, it was something funny to do with "age". After all, we are all way beyond starting to collect Social Security! (lol). The card may have had something to do with the shape our bodies are in....! The packages were torn open with great enthusiasm......by both 'Birthday Girls'........ And, "Voila!".....Here are the presents! They both were thrilled with their 'Snuggies'........I must say they look and feel incredibly comfy.Dianne gave this Snuggie box a very serious once-over....And, in fact, we were all very interested in this comfy-cozy. At a certain point in life, all one cares about is "comfort", you know? And then Betty said something that was very funny---I don't remember what, but it had us all laughing really hard. In fact, so hard, that both Jacquie and Bridget laughed till they cried.......And so, another Birthday Lunch was coming to an end.....the ladies stayed and we talked till quite late actually, and that is always a bonus for me, since I don't see them that often.I know I've said this before, and it is really really true: We never seem to run out of things to share with one another...... And so....to finish off this very sweet event, here below is another picture of me with Lee and Betty....it is a different shot than the one I posted already...... And below....the picture I started this series with--my very favorite...... This picture personifies the fun we have when we get together for these sweet "Ladies Who Lunch" Celebrations....And this particular one was certainly a laugh-fest.....! So, till the next "LWL", (coming up at the end of this month for some more Birthdays).....Happy Happy Birthday Betty & Lee!





More To Come..........







28 Comments:
had this to say:

I will never stop loving your birthday parties or the ladies that lunch!.. I never met you but I love you and Betty and Lee (who i did meet) and All of your friends..your photo's and smiling faces always give me a broad smile. Thank you always for sharing Naomi!

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 3:22:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You do have more fun than is legal. Those cards were priceless, loved the "butt" one since I am a fanny girl.
Such thought each of you put into your gifts. Great job and thanks for letting us be "flies on the wall."

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 3:57:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love how you all enjoy life! May you ladies have many MANY more lunches!!!

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 4:27:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I've been meaning to ask whether the tiara(s) are passed from friend to friend for birthdays, or do you get a new one for every party?

Cheers.

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 5:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I need a pen around my neck too. But it would probably tangle up my eyeglass holder and my camera cord! Thanks for the invite inside this fun party with so many fun and pretty ladies and gifts.

I can't imagine the back story to the mooning photo but it is fun to see how each moon is unique!

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 5:48:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

A morning toast of coffee to all the ladies! Snuggies never looked better- and I am going to dream about the earrings...Where to find??????????????

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 7:49:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, your birthday parties are really great! What a blessing to have such dear friends. Love all photos! And I am always looking forward to another Ladies who Lunch. Which will be the next?

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 12:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

oh, the glittery things, the gifts, , the inside jokes, the friendship and the LAUGHTER!! this is just plain heart-warming!! i love the photo essay that you share. i feel like i was right there with you ladies laughing till i cried. *sigh* good times, for sure!!

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 12:48:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful women all, and enjoying each others company! What more could you ask for?

I have had a Snuggie for over a year now (so has mr. kenju) and we both love them!!

Loved the butt card, and I think some of them are women!

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 9:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

My guess at what Betty said that was so funny was something like she at first thought the "Snuggie" box was a box of diapers.

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 12:02:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Fantastic fun. And I for one can vouch for the Snuggie. Comfort is so underated! I love mine but its a shame they dont seem to come in other colours, or I dont think so.

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 6:44:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh, Naomi dear, I love you more with each peek into your lovely life!

And what would any of us do without our friends? Yours are wonderful! Is there anything more fun than people we love who also love to laugh?

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 7:47:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

The card that states The More The Merrier, My Ass really cracked me up! It's so funny. Awesome gifts and again awesome lunch! Have a nice weekend dearest Naomi and hugs from Odd and moi

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 10:43:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You guys have great birthday parties! I could only wish that my birthday would be so much fun tomorrow... However, I am looking forward to a day out at a book & craft fair :)

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 12:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow, just wow! What wonderful photos of all of you! The gifts look great and I loved the blinged out business card holder. Is that what it was?

But what I love to see more than all the cards and gifts is your friendship and the way you make one another laugh. That's the greatest gift of all.

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 3:48:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I agree, that last photo is priceless and the one above it with you in it is also sweet and fun! I have a Snuggie, believe it or not. The kids gave it to me for Christmas because I'm ALWAYS cold, and I love it (not that I use it much these days).

Like you, my girl friends and I never run out of things to talk and laugh about. I'm happy to see you girls enjoying yourselves so much at these lunches!

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 4:41:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

So many gorgeous glittery gifts! You all were having such a good time. And another birthday lunch coming up at the end of the month? You must be exhausted organising all these marvellous parties!
My son has a Snuggie.... I always laugh at him when he's all snuggied up in it in front of the TV.

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 7:07:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

It really is touching how much thought, Imagination and love goes into all the birthday preparations by everyone but especially you Naomi.
There always had to be a driving force that makes these lovely occasions happen and I believe that is you.
It's great that - for a day - you can all be little girls again where all is nice and sugar and spice and sparkley.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 8:28:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

PS - Did I mention how much I liked Betty's earrings?? They're gorgeous!

Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 8:31:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I have just spent some quality time catching up on your 'Ladies at Lunch' posts and in a way it was fab to read them all one after the other. I got a real sense of the occassion which you always put over so well. The fun and joy you are all having always comes across - you are such a good story teller! Thanks for sharing thsi with us adn I hope you and Sweetie are both well : )

Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 10:01:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It's so wonderful of you to share the joy and laughter you had with these ladies with all of us. :)

Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 10:11:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm all caught up again!

Lee and Betty look so happy, everyone does
and they are so beautiful

great gifts and cards too

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 6:14:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a great sounding day of fun with long term friends. That's the biggest gift of all

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 7:54:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It is so great to see such lovely pictures with pretty ladies . I like your pictures showing all the laughs you had. I read that laughing is very good for you – it decreases your appetite, makes happy hormones and increases you life span. The presents were so well chosen and the cards so funny, no wonder you had a great time with your friends – you all place so much warmth around your friendship. It makes one happy just to read your post.

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 9:01:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

amazing my friend... you ladies are amazing and have so much fun..

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 10:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I have seen more butts on blogs lately, but yours has the most! I couldn't look as long as you girls did. I suppose Bridget knows some gtown-ups who fell in love with her as Candy, still have a crush on her and she hasn't changed a bit! You gals are a hoot! I hope you enjoyed the Tonys.

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 6:29:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh, I love Betty's glittery bag! I'm a fan of sparkly.

All the photos are lovely but that one of the three of you is just great!

Can't wait for the next LWL. :)

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 6:42:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Such funny cards Naomi!! I don't think I ever saw so many naked butts on a card before, or anywhere else for that matter!!

I loved all the blue things Betty got, especially the darling little blue purse! Adorable!!

Isn't it great to laugh until you cry!! I love those laughs and seeing everyone laughing sure makes me smile!!

I do hope you get to do the LWL for many many many more years dear Naomi!!! It's do darn much fun!!!

Hugs!!!

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 7:34:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.