Saturday, July 17, 2010
ladies who lunch - part 4

Dianne's picture of me with my Cake....It really made a big difference with Dianne taking pictures, too.......She could get shots of things--me---that I couldn't possibly have taken myself....That's Will next to me, for those who are unfamiliar. He makes 'the food' part of these Lunches happen, Thank You With All My Heart, Will...... And....'Sweet Lady Jane' makes this happen.....This is the very rich dark chocolate-with-a-little-bit-of-Cappuccino cake, that I love, love, love..... Dianne's picture of me, taking a picture of The Cake....lol.....I love that she did this, don't you? And then.....she got a picture of me just as I was about to blow the candles out..... Well....not exactly. She told me to look up...lol! But, again, I love that Dianne documented some things on this special day, that I couldn't. And below....here is Jacquie and her Birthday Cake..... I'm not sure---from this picture---that she actually expected that she would be getting her own special Birthday Cake.....But, of course, she would have her own Birthday Cake on the day we were celebrating her Birthday, as well as mine.....And below, Dianne's picture of Jacquie taken a moment later..... And there she is, very very Happy.....! And above, Jacquie is blowing out her candle....Because of the powdered sugar on the top of the Lemon Cake---Will holds the candle for her to blow out, otherwise, the powdered sugar gets all over the table---including getting on the flowers..... Above, a closer look at Jacquie's Cake.....This is one of the Great Great Cakes (That isn't chocolate, that is....lol) of all time! So, I always have this cake along with the dark dense chocolate one....Everyone loves both these cakes so we will probably continue to have them at these Lunches...Though, you never know. I may try some new things next time, just for the hell of it......! We had our cake---each of us eating some of both....And, by the way, they taste wonderful together....what is that expression about 'riches'....not abundance, but.....well, I cannot think of it, but you get the picture. Having a piece of such very rich cakes on on one plate....Well, it was a lovely finish to a very wonderful meal......Then, we went back to 'playing' with our Gift Bag Stuff....... Lee loves to fool around like this and it's always fun...But then, she got her necklace around her neck and I took another picture of her looking like the Miss America she once was, and still is, actually. That is a rather small Sorority of Women and those that are still alive from earlier days, are all still very close. Lee and a number of other Miss America's go away together for a little vacation every other year....... You see that small tube right in front of Lee? Well, here is a closer look at it below...... It's over behind Betty's little Angel Bear....(We had a lot of fun with these 'poppers' which I will share with you in a minute.....) And I love that little Star Candle over there on the left....It is Battery operated and it came in Red, White...well, Silver really, and Blue..... All the Ladies just loved these these little Star Candles..... And as always....we had much to share with each other..... There's that popper just waiting for us to use them. Let's take a closer look at that "Patriotic Popper"......... Again, this was in Honor of the 4th of Juky......And now it was time to actually use them.....So, here below, is the Video of what happened........

Never losing a child-like wonder, is what keeps you young, I think, and it allows you to enjoy the little silly things in life and the wonder and joy of so many fun things, too!
And here below.....the way the table looked after we 'popped' those poppers, in one of the pictures I took of it.....We really enjoyed these Patriotic Poppers, and they capped off how much fun the whole afternoon was, as well.....Each of these LWL's seems to have a life of it's own, so to speak, and a kind of specialness all it's own........There is one more part coming your way very soon, my dears.......



More To Come........















27 Comments:
had this to say:

I am so glad Dianne brought her camera so we finally get to see you in action. Taking you out of the director role and making you part of the scene. Way to go Dianne.
Wonderful to finally see the amazing Will. He is a true treasure.
Was interested that the former Miss Americas still keep in touch. What a great idea.
Keep those videos coming, they are such a delight.
Looking forward to Part 5 but a little sad it will be the last of that party. Surely it must be time for another one.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 4:58:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Dare I say, that shade of blue fits you. You really look good in that.

Cheers.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 7:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It looks like you all had a wonderful time! Those cakes look fantastic and so delicious! :)

Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 10:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

These cakes look delicious for sure. It is nice to see you in your royal blue, you look very nice. It is also so very nice to have pictures of fun parties with friends. Later on looking at the pictures (and the blog) you can relive them at will. Thanks for taking us to your party I feel like I was there.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 3:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

those cakes look so delicious Naomi! Wow.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 3:50:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh how wonderful this edition of your birthday picture posts is! The joyousness and genuine thrill in everyone's faces i find marvelous - especially as it seems Dianne and you didn't miss a moment of revelry yourselves. Jacquie's expressions really send that home looking at her fabulous cake.
Much love

Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 8:19:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I LOVE cake so much, that chocolate cappucino with the colorful frosting is to die for !!

Can you tell that I love cake ?

I believe that it's my ridiculous love for cakes that will keep me young.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 9:07:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Well, that was great Naomi!! It was funny when I was watching the video of the poppers and I was thinking that maybe they had a little something to drink and then you made that comment about how we were going to think you drank at those get togethers! LOL That was cute and it sure decorated the tables! I have never seen those poppers before but they sure look like fun. I'll have to try and find some.

I love that there are more pictures of you! I really laughed when I saw the surprised look on Jacquie's face when she realized she got a cake too!!

All great Naomi!! I'm looking forward to more!!! Hugs to you dear lady! I sure do appreciate you and your friends sharing with us about your luncheon's!

Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 9:55:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I hope Dianne will bring her camera to all the parties from now on - it is so nice to be able to see you enjoying your guests! The poppers look like great fun!

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 6:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

A toast to child-like wonder. Without it- where would all the smiles go?

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 8:40:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That fourth picture down from the top? You've got that same devilish twinkle in your eye that you had playing pool when your profile picture was taken.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 11:27:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

lovely, as always. the cakes looks absolutely divine. (i would always choose chocolate, of course, but i so, so love that you each have your own cake!)

what you wrote about "never losing a child-like wonder..." that was truly beautiful. it seems like you all have that down 100%. i hope for the same for my family!!

thanks as always for a great post!

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 1:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Looking at these last two posts, it came to me: It's like a five act play, complete with set designs, costumes, and ad-libbed script. It's a comedy production I think because I got a belly laugh when you said, "I think people will think we drink at these things!" I think you should win the academy awards of Ladies who Lunch!

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 2:44:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow! Those poppers and the video are fun, fun, fun! I'm happy to see all of you having such a great time together...WITHOUT drinking! lol Imagine that. :)

I love those star candles, too, and what I wouldn't give to try one of those delicious cakes! As much as I love chocolate, I'd appreciate that lemon cake covered in powdered sugar (if it's as good as it looks!).

I can't wait to see that something more you promised.

Hope you had a good weekend, my friend!! Have a happy week and keep enjoying yourself at those lunches!

Hugs, Ily

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 3:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The pictures are great. You all have so much fun together

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 4:53:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What got me (besides the special cakes) was you telling the group to ham it up, talk, the camera's rollin'---hahaha How soon they forgot!? LOL
No Bridget? Now that you are 50, what ever will you do? (air kiss)

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 6:41:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Seriously... those lunches you share with us are a treat and those birthday cakes...yummy..

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 9:12:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You know Noami, I feel so much a part of it just by looking through all your 'Ladies Who Lunch' posts and everyone single blog entry just put a smile on my face.

The cheerful vibes is just so strong that it radiates through my computer screen :D

I've enjoyed the 'cakes' chocolate or otherwise...bring them on kekekek.... :)

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 11:08:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

My goodness I had a lot of catching up to do. First of all your voice sounds really strong so I hope this means you are feeling great. You certainly look great in that deep blue.
Second of all you are all having too much fun - and too much cake. It's not fair!
I'm intrigued by the pale cake and wonder if it is lemony but - just to make sure - I'll try both please.
I thought the table would look a mess after all the mayhem but it looks pretty as a picture.
Ho hum - it's coffee time - but no cake:(

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 1:30:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Good times!
I'm glad Dianne took pictures for you. That's really sweet.
But really, no alcohol at all? Not even a glass of wine? And a poinsettia would be so yummy with that.

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 2:34:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I was sure I left a message! I wanted to ask you why you don't drink alcohol at all? I'm not talking about getting drunk, I mean just a glass of wine maybe?

You are too good! :D

Lovely photos! I love the blue star candles.

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 7:00:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

You're all such vibrant, interactive people! I wish my mom had a group of friends like you do, but then, she's shut herself off most of her life and there's no changing her now, though I continue to try.

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 3:17:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a wonderful way to top off the LWL.. Great stuff and great ladies..

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 7:33:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Morgan
had this to say:

It's wonderful to see your LWL..all your dear friends, but it is even more wonderful reading about them.The way you tell your story is like we are sitting right there along side of you all and that is wonderful.It was very nice to see you in the picture for a change and you looked awesome.. thank you again for sharing :)

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 10:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wonderful yummy looking cakes. Looks like a great day!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 9:24:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a pleasure "be there" with you and your dear friends!
What a gorgeous Ladies Who Lunch!
What a delicious cake!
What a fun video!
All were fantastic!
Thanks for sharing!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 6:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love the videos and as I have said before you have an amazing voice Naomi. Lee was a Miss America - I never knew and as you say she still looks like one too. I love how Jacquie is so happy about her cake - just natural and lovely. These celebrations make me smile and you ladies are all just gorgeous inspirational women. Thanks for sharing!!

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 2:21:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.