Wednesday, August 15, 2007
scattergories

I saw this over at Mar's...and thought it was fun....Try it yourself and let me know if you do!
The game is SCATTERGORIES ... and it's harder than it looks! Here are the rules:
*Use the 1st letter of your first name to answer each of the questions.
*They MUST be real places, names, things ...NOTHING made up!
*If you can't think of anything, skip it.
* You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question.
* If your name happens to start with the same letter as mine, sorry, but you can't use my answers!

My Name: Naomi

1. Famous Singer/Band: Nina Simone - Fabulous singer!
2. 4 letter word: Nice
3. Street: Normandie Avenue
4. Color: Navy - A color that goes with almost every other color, in wearing apparell that is....
5. Gifts/Presents: Necklace - Diamonds? (lol) Not for me.
6. Vehicle: Nissan - Never owned one but they are out there on the roads and the Freeways....
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Nail Clippers (Antique), Novelties - Well, that's the best I can do...."N" is not an easy letter...!
8. Boy Name: Nathan
9. Girl Name: Nora
10. Movie Title: "Now Voyager" - A wonderful Bette Davis vehicle with Paul Henrid...This is the picture where he lit two cigarettes, one for her and one for him...Very very sexy and romantic, at the time....
11. Drink: Naked Lady - What's in this lethal drink? Oh just a few things...Lemon Juice (four dashes), Apricot Brandy (four dashes), White Rum (one ounce), Grenadine, (just two dashes), Sweet Vermouth (1 oz)....mix together in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice, serve in a cocktail glass....Do Not Drive.
12. Occupation: Nurse - Underated and underpaid...the angels of our world.
13. Celebrity: Nancy Olson - For you younger folk she was in "Sunset Blvd." One of the great films of the early 50's, Directed by Billy Wilder.....Gloria Swanson, William Holden and Nacy Olson. If you've never seen it, rent it! Miss Swanson's famous line...."We had faces then..."
14. Magazine: NEWSWEEK - When I was a child my parents got Time Magazine and Newsweek. I used to read this magazine all the time...but not foor many years now....
15. U.S. City: New Orleans - We must bring this city back to it's former glory...!
16. Pro Sports Teams: New York Jets - Joe Namath? Remember him? Gee, where is he now? Anyone know?
17. Fruit: Necterine - Yummmy....if they are good and ripe!
18. Reason for Being Late To Work: Napping - Well, it could happen...!
19. Something You Throw Away: Nut Shells - Good one, huh?
20. Things You Shout: Noooooooo!
21. Cartoon Character: Nancy - One of my favorites..It was so cleanly drawn.



And that's it! Not as easy as you might think, depending on the first letter of your first name....But it was fun to do....And do let me know if you do it, too....!





More To Come.....







25 Comments:
had this to say:

I might do this one sometime soon.
You got an honourable mention in my latest post which is my TT list for the week lol.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 1:39:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Nifty post!!!I love your answers (specially the nap excuse, navy color, and the nut shells, very clever!). Your letter wasn't easy at all but you did an excellent job. Glad you found if fuN!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 3:07:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

It should have read "it"!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 3:12:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I saw this over at Mar's too. It looks fun so I might try it too!

The 'nutshells' is a great answer. Your answers show a great deal of general knowledge, or at least a great skill with 'Google' LOL! Well done! :)

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 5:37:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

This is so cool & nice Naomi and yes I bet it will send us squeezing our brain juice keekek....

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 6:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I did this a few posts back. Did you see it? Mine was a little shorter, I think. K is hard, too.
I have a gorgeous navy summer dress that I haven't worn yet. I love Bette Davis, but I've never seen "Now Voyager". I loved "All About Eve" but, "Jezebel" I thought the script was lacking. LOVED Sunset Blvd. LOVED!!!
I live right here near New Orleans and it's just GROSS! Murder and crime.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 8:20:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Nice post!!!! I think I'd have a hard time with K but I might give it a try when I put on my thinking cap.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 12:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Fun game!!
Your answer, New Orleans, made me sad that I never took a trip there. I sure do hope it is restored to its former greatness, but I fear it can never be the same again. I truly missed out!! I hope to visit some day.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 12:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

My Name: Lucy
1. Famous Singer/Band: Little Richard
2. 4 letter word: Luck
3. Street: Lindenwood
4. Color: Lavender
5. Gifts/Presents: Lipstick
6. Vehicle: Lotus
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Lamp Shade
8. Boy Name: Larry or Lonny
9. Girl Name: Linda or Louise
10. Movie Title: Legally Blonde
11. Drink: Lemonaide
12. Occupation: Lawyer
13. Celebrity: Liverache (mispelled)
14. Magazine: Life
15. U.S. City: Lincoln, NE
16. Pro Sports Teams: Lakers
17. Fruit: Lime
18. Reason for Being Late To Work: Lost
19. Something You Throw Away: Liver and Onions. YEK!
20. Things You Shout: Look - Out!
21. Cartoon Character: Little Abner

It took the help of my husband and daughter to get this done.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 1:31:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

This looks like fun, Naomi, I think I'll try it too!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 4:22:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

This looks like fun and I will try it soon. I'll have to create a kid version for my little ones. I'm sure they'd enjoy it, too, and it'll bring out their creativity after a long summer of hazy, lazy days. Thanks for sharing, Naomi. I loved your answers! I'm craving a Nectarine (I haven't had one in ages!) and I wouldn't mind a new necklace...but I'll pass on the Naked Lady! LOL

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 4:32:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I took the challenge and dunnit :)

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 7:26:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

LOL! I did this one a few days ago too -- I think Nut shells was a NIFTY answer!!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 7:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Good answers. "Sunset Boulevard" is one of my favorite movies. We have the DVD and since you brought it up, I think we will watch it this weekend!

Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 12:13:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

I did it in my head as I was reading it- P is quite easy - but perhaps I skipped over the difficult ones. I also am a big fan of 'Now Voyager'
'Don't let's ask for the moon Jerry - we have the stars!'
I'd like to try a Naked Lady but think I'd better not and as an ex nurse thank you for your kind words.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 1:52:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

The name I am known by begins with the letter L already posted by Lucy so I decided to try Scattergories using my given name ...Marilyn.
Famous Singer...Margaret Whiting...from the days when I was singing
Movie...Mr. Skeffington...a wonderful Bette Davis film from the same era-although my favorite is also Now Voyager.
This post was fun and a relaxing
challenge while letting the rest of the world goo by.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 7:14:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

This is so cute...I don't have a lot to time now but I'll do it soon:)

Love,
Maria

Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 8:16:00 AM PDT 

Blogger JR
had this to say:

I don't think I'm up to the challenge, either with my real name "K" or my blog name "V."

Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 10:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

My Name: Pearl
1. Famous Singer/Band: Pete Seeger
2. 4 letter word: pale
3. Street: Pennsylvania Avenue
4. Color: purple
5. Gifts/Presents: pearls; personal poetry; picture frames.
6. Vehicle: Porsche; Peugot
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: POSTCARDS!
8. Boy Name: Paul
9. Girl Name: Patsy
10. Movie Title: Pee-Wee Herman's Big Adventure
11. Drink: Pink lady (at least I think that's the name of a drink!).
12. Occupation: property manager
13. Celebrity: Peggy Lee; Pavarotti; Prince Andrew
14. Magazine:People; Parents; Psychology Today
15. U.S. City: Poughkeepsie
16. Pro Sports Teams: Pittsburgh Pirates
17. Fruit: Peach; Pineapple
18. Reason for Being Late To Work: podiatrist appointment
19. Something You Throw Away: pickle juice
20. Things You Shout: Pleeeeeaaase!
21. Cartoon Character: Popeye

Naomi, that wasn't so bad for the letter P.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 6:16:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oooo I like your answers Naomi. I remember a childhood game that was something like that. That post brought back those memories! Thank you!!

Friday, August 17, 2007 at 4:10:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

That was a fun one. I might have to do that one day myself. I too like Nina Simone!

Friday, August 17, 2007 at 1:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hello, Naomi! Michele sent me tonight - just to tell you that I loved your answers!

BTW, tried to post the other day to tell you how special I thought your tribute to Daddy Joe was - but Blogger was misbehavin' and ate my post twice. I then quit!! And, just have been able to get back to you...have a wonderful week-end...

Friday, August 17, 2007 at 6:46:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MsT
had this to say:

I am going to save this for a slow day in blogland - I love your answers, esp. the nut shells and Naked Lady (wawewawa as Borat would say!). Hello from the birthday girl Michele.

Friday, August 17, 2007 at 10:11:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Terri
1. Tom Petty
2. Trust
3. ?
4. Tan
5. Toys
6. Taurus
7. tee-shirts
8. Travis
9. Tess
10. Titanic
11. Tea
12. Teacher
13. Tyra Banks
14. Time
15. Tampa
16. Titans
17. Tangerine
18. Traffic
19. Trash
20. Ta-Da!
21. ? (hate cartoons...lol)
This was fun and I think "T" was fairly easy...lol

Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 11:19:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

These guys are a hoot and I heard Reality TV was headed to your house for an in-depth interview with them.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 11:21:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.