Saturday, August 25, 2007
anther fun meme

Judy, over at Imagine, tagged me for this Meme....And the first thing you have to do is post the rules of it before you do anything else...So, here they are:

1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Okay. I have been using my middle name as my last name for about 35 years, so I will choose another name for my 'middle name'. A name I have always liked a lot and even used for the main character in a play I wrote called 'The Dressing Room', is "Clarissa". There are 8 letters in Clarissa, so here are the words or facts that apply.

C - CATS:Well, there is no surprise here, I am sure....I have had cats in my life for over forty years....my cat Sweetie is very very important to me as he is my constant companion and as sweet as his name. (That is not Sweetie above....he comes later...) My longest most enduring intimate relationship was with my cat 'Baby'...(That is Baby above.....) She lived to be 20 1/2 years old, and died in my arms right here at home! Cats are much much deeper than people who do not have a cat give them credit for being.....They are The Best!


L - LYRICS:The other half of a song....and I write both music and lyrics when I am writing alone as apposed to writing with a collaborator. (Above, "One Hand, One Heart", Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, Music by Leonard Bernstein...'West Side Story", but of course, Sondheim writes both Lyrics and Music and I might add, BRILLIANTLY....) When collaborating I write the music to someone else's lyrics, as in the case of writing with Betty G....Writing a song is a truly wonderful challenge because it is like writing a play in 32 bars....you have to tell a whole entire story in this very prescribed and limited time, plus....it has to be singable. And there sure have been some fantastically talented composer-lyricists....This art form has been such an important part of my life.....


A - ART:Anyone who has been reading my blog for any length of time knows how important and meaningful 'art' is to me....as an artist myself and as a collector....Art is food for the soul. Above is a small painting of mine that I painted in 2001....it is part of a series...and this is acrylic on canvas...This next image was the brochure for a one person show that I had at Ankrum Gallery in 1978.... Sometimes I look at photographs of my work, or the work itself and think to myself...'Did I really do that?' It's mine I know, but then the feeling years later is...that somehow these 'works' just came out of me through some other entity....some other person....Like 'automatic writing'....(Are any of you familiar with 'automatic writing'??) It is so very hard to explain this strange feeling I get, because I can look at this painting above and know exactly where it came from inside me but at the same time be in awe of the person that actually painted it....I know this sounds nuts, but....it is true. The 'art' of creation is so wonderfully mysterious and so deeply satisfying, too. Well, sometimes...lol!

R - REALITY:Well, I like "reality" and think it is a very important component to living an authentic life....Now, 'reality tv'...that has absolutely nothing to do with 'REALity'...it is probably more scripted than any other kind of television and there is just too much of it on the airwaves for my taste, PLUS, it has taken away so very many jobs from actors. That is the 'reality' of reality tv, I am afraid.


I - "INDOCHINE":I don't know why but this is the first thing that popped into my mind. This film was a gorgeous work of art...(we are back to that again....). It is a French Film starring the stunningly beautiful Catherine Deneuve....This film is about the dissolution of French Indochina, or what we now know today as Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, through the eyes and sensibilities of two women---a mother and her step-daughter....it covers around a thirty to thirty-five year period and is so very beautifully filmed it takes your breath away....It is the story of these two women, Deneuve, who is a French landowner living in Indochina and her adopted daughter and the man they both love. But it is so much more than that. It is a kind of history lesson told from a very human point of view. Catherine Deneuve should have won the Academy Award that year, (1992), but did not, though the film did win the Best Foreign Language Film of 1992 and deservedly so....Another wonderfully beautiful authentic part of this film were the costumes. The clothes that Deneuve wears----Oh My, utterly gorgeous and perfect for the period, too. If you have never seen this film, do rent it. This is a film I could watch over and over, and have, many many times....And in fact, it is time for me to see this film again.....It is a true work of art in every way. More food for my soul here in this stunning film.....


S - SWEETIE:Ahhhh there he is, my dear dear Sweetie....my dear beautiful beautiful cat as already mentioned above, and here he is in all his glory. I think he is the most beautiful cat I've ever seen...and such a dear comforting presence who also makes me laugh all the time. I adore him, and all the many dishes of food that await his approval, every day. One day I will post a picture of all those dishes, (it is a bit embarrassing, I have to admit...) but for now, here he is again....Looking at you with such deep understanding.....Cats know everything. Indeed, I think they know so much more than humans in the ways of intuition and the unspoken.....And the unconditional love they give...Well, let's just say it warms the heart like nothing else....


S - SENECIO:One of my very favorite plants in my garden...it is lush and beautiful in the winter months, and grows so easily that the little white puffs that are left after it flowers get blown to the ground by a gentle breeze and just lay there on top of the soil and root.... This plant is one of natures works of art....more art, more beauty that warms my heart and feeds my soul.....there is something about this particular plant that from the first time I saw it, I was in love...that was twenty-one years ago, and it has never lost it's luster, as far as I am concerned..... And I cannot imagine that I will ever tire of this very beautiful lush person....And doesn't he look pretty with that Bougainvillea in the foreground....

A - ABUNDANCE:I love this word. It sounds exactly like what it is, to me. Full, round, generous.....a feeling of fullness and beauty.....a positive force .....all good things.....like these things in the photo's I have posted...

I feel I have an abundance of so very many things....loving friendships, creative juices, a garden filled with beautiful plants and creatures,........a home that cradles me in every way imaginable, which you have seen many times along with those wonderful friends as well.....what more could a person want or need? Such abundance makes me feel very happy.There it is.


This was really fun and interesting to do....I added the pictures because it pleases me to do so, but it is not required by any means.....I don't usually tag people but I am going to this time round....And they are----in no particular order, people who have nothing to do with the letters in my 'made-up' middle name, though a few fit the bill for some of the letters and there are eight people just as there are eight letters in "Clarissa"....And here they are.....Crimson, Deana, Loving Annie, Jamie Dawn, Rachel, Renny, Shephard and Sonia.....Do let me know if you do this meme cause I would love to read what you have to say....


Do go visit Judy if you get a chance...her dear husband, Mr. Kenju has had a bit of a scare medically....and she can use all of our support and great good wishes for his speedy recovery.....


More To Come......







35 Comments:
had this to say:

A top-rated meme, very well done. I like the artistic work you did. I also like Catherine Deneuve, although her movies don't get shown on British tv.

Michele sent me here.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 1:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I loved that you started with a photo of Baby.

'ooh', I thought 'Baby!'

I loved this meme, and thought ending on 'abundance' was a fabulous idea.

I may have to do this one.... :-))

cq

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 3:48:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Oh, just beautifully done! loved reading everything and seeing your fab pics as well!! My middle name only has 3 letters...

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 3:50:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

you never cease to amaze me Naomi! Great "answers" and photo's!

and of course, Sweetie is the handsomest kitty!

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 4:20:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Very well done, Naomi. Thanks for the mention and the link. I appreciate it more than you know. I will rent Indochine as soon as this mess here is over.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 4:24:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That's a great Meme... Yet again, we get to know you a little better! Your art work is amazing. Having studied Ceramic Design at uni for 3 years I know what you mean when you write that you look at your work and think, wow, did I really do that??

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 4:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi! What a GREAT post! I LOVE it when you do meme's! You should do them more often - we learn so much about you. (not that we don't learn a LOT about you from all your posts - but the meme's seem to bring out weird stuff that would never come out otherwise!) I will do this one - but not for a few days. My blog palette is FULL at the moment! ;)

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 5:47:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I don't mind doing this one...it was so nice to read all those things about you. And of course I always enjoy the pictures you put up. I have to think on mine...yours was so well put together. And that Sweetie...oh he is beautiful. I had a big smile when his picture showed up. He really is one of the prettiest cats I have ever seen. You are right to be proud of him.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 7:14:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Michele returned me here to reread this super meme.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 9:02:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Fascinating post, facts and colorful photos! BTW I answered your comment question about my dog at my place in my current post before I found this piece. Especially, enjoy reading about your creative process and your sharing some of the results.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 11:37:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautifully done, Naomi !

You have uch incredible talent/a gift at putting words and pictures together to create feelings and stirring images, "Clarissa' !

Baby and Sweetie - cats are such loves ! The best companions EVER, I think !

And abundance, yes, you DO have it, and you give of it so generously back !

Hugs, and a happy healthy weekend to you !

Loving Annie

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 2:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I know automatic writing. I loved this meme. I did it a few posts back

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 2:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

p.s. Naomi, I will do the meme next Friday !

Loving Annie

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 2:47:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I will have Courtney add Indochine to her Netflix queue so we can watch it. It sounds wonderful!

Sweetie is a super gorgeous cat!!!!

What about C for chocolate???!!

I saw this meme at Judy's, and she tagged me too.
I will do this sometime after I finish my vacation series. I have a few other meme tags to do too.
I like the memes that reveal a bit about a person.
This is a goodie!!

Happy Weekend to YOU!

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 2:56:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Another great meme from you.
You do know that it is our anniversary today right ?
I met Sweetie today a year ago, and you of course Aunty Em.
Happy meetiversary lol.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 4:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh, a great meme Naomi! I'll do it but I must think first. Lord knows that will put stress on my brain!! LOL!! They say it's good to keep the brain active, so I'll look at it that way! I don't have a middle name....hmmm.....

I would love to see all the bowls Sweetie has!! Not embarrassing to me at all. I know how close we can get to our cats. Sweetie is beautiful..absolutely beautiful. He should be gracing the cover of Cat Fancy!

Hope you are having a great weekend! Hugs to you!!

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 5:14:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Michele sent me back fancy that lol.
In regards to sweeties bowls you should post a pic, I thought it was the funniest thing I had heard all day when you were talking about how fussy he was and you swore.
LOL

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 5:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It boggles my mind how deep your talent extends in so many media. You inspire anyone who reads you to seriously raise the level of their game.

This meme was a treasure chest of all things Naomi. I'm going to need to read it again to really appreciate just how complex and gifted you are.

You up for a chat this week?

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 7:04:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi dear Naomi! Love to read your Meme! The photos and images are very attractive, too!

Thanks for think on me for that Meme! So sweet of you!

Have a nice Sunday!

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 7:26:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Excellent, Artful, Inspiring, Captivating.

good good stuff

Cheers,

Shane

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 9:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Loved this, Naomi. :)
I'll definitely take the tag and do it. Your creativity and earnestness inspires me. I don't have a middle name, but like you, I can make one up.

Loved the images/paintings. Not only do I know what automatic writing is, but I have always believed that art and creative expression comes from a very similar space.

Enjoyed this post, and your affirmation image at the end. From over the hill here, it appears that you have all the things on that card. And I wish you more. Thanks for the positive boost.
~S :)

Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 10:59:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a lovely meme and a great read Naomi - thanks for sharing your thoughts and this beautiful pictures!

Thanks also for tagging me - an honor - I'll see what I can do and if so keep you posted.

Wishing you a lovely Sunday and a great week ahead:-)

Sunday, August 26, 2007 at 7:11:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I am glad that you finished on abundance as this is exactly what this emem held: An abundance of information about you that was at once engaging, warm, interesting and so rich!

The photo's of Baby and Sweetie are wonderful. Cats are such dear companions and I really do not understand people who presume to tell me that they are not when they invariably don't own a cat!

I also know exactly what you mean about the creative process. Sometimes I look back at something I have done and I feel exactly the same way. It's like another person has done it even though it is you.

I might have to borrow this meme even though I wasn'ttagged. I might just tag myself! :)

Sunday, August 26, 2007 at 9:19:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi! If you have the time, take a look on my update post to see the photos of the Google Earth showing my place.

Many hugs!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 at 10:41:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Ditto, ditto, and DITTO on Reality TV. I absolutely hate it! All of it.
Shhhh....don't tell MY three cats, but I have to agree, Sweetie is simply stunning. Such a beautiful cat!
And thanks for the mention of that movie. Going to Netflix to add it to my list.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 at 2:49:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a lovely meme! I see you are a very soulful person. Your exhibition poster is beautiful...reminds me a bit of Georgia O'Keefe. I wish I had some ability in the art arena, I do love colors and shapes so. So glad Michele sent me.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 at 4:55:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I was totally blown-away by Sweetie's blue eyes :)

What a lovely post and beside movies, is Indochine found in book? I would love to read this book ya!

Have a wonderful day Naomi just as your post have given me a bright sunny day :D

Sunday, August 26, 2007 at 11:03:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hmm where do I start

I came to say thanks for stopping by my blog and well WOW

I love your template and I liked your MEME so much I did it too :D

in Novy news


The art Music and Cats sounds like we have alot in common

Monday, August 27, 2007 at 7:02:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

My meme is up...not at all as nice and artistic as yours!

Monday, August 27, 2007 at 7:44:00 AM PDT 

Blogger TLP
had this to say:

Another fabulous post! You are truly amazing.

Monday, August 27, 2007 at 10:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Great meme!

I can't help but look at Sweetie and think, "That is one handsome fellow!"

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 9:27:00 AM PDT 

Blogger JR
had this to say:

I recognize so much about you in this post. Art, music and flowers are the first things that come to mind when I think of you. Oh and Sweetie is absolutely gorgeous, perfect coloring with the hair and eyes. I will also be adding Indochine to my "to view" list. On my way over to Netflix now to see if they have it.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 10:10:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi – since my connection is still slow, I am answering right here on your blog. Lot’s to read – so excuse me. But it’s honest. And in honour to you and your very interesting and giving blog.

Cats: I’ve had Cats for about 50 years. And I still admire their way of manipulate homo sapiens – and also be very useful, not only as pets but as food guards and cleaners. The oldest one we had, Per the Castrate, well, he went away in the age of about 27.

Lyrics: Well, I did write some for comedy shows in College – in Norwegian. That was fun. At that time.

Art: That’s way back – in primary school. A tree, during Winter, No leafs. But the Sun behind. That was #1 in the contest.

Reality: Four kids. With first wife. She is now “sister”. Silver wedding with Anna in December.

Indochine: The movie l’Indochine has given me a forever strong impression – so strong after watching the movie with C D (she is beautiful - and I think this was her best role ever), I did refuse to go for free to the Musical Miss Saigon, in London;D - What happened there was not at all entertainment – it was a tragedy. (in fact I went to Paris to visit some friends - and went back to London the very next day

This movie is one that really has awakened me – like the Dutch movie Max Havelaar. (Fair Trade) – RESPECT - I then learned.

Sweetie: I must admit, your sweetie is absolutely fantastic. Look at those eyes. So wise. So comfortable. So in trust. Mieew. My sweetie? So many. But I think it ends up with Anna and the kids and the cats….

SENECIO: I have not seen those flowers around here, but yours are beautiful.

Abundance: “My thoughts . . . are from the abundance of my heart” (Thomas De Quincey).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with all these memorable photos.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 12:51:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I loved this meme! I am going to check out that movie....I love coming here and learning so many fun things about you. I will do this one tomorrow sometime, sorry it's taken me so long to get with the program. =) I just caught up with Judy....oh my! I can't believe I missed so much the few days i've been missing......i hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 8:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Fantastic post! hmmm.... :) You have wonderful hand to write. So many emotions! And you love cats! Certainly I'll back for more!

Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 2:44:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.