Saturday, May 12, 2007
mother's day - grandma and great grandma

The beautiful Kim Hamilton above....and here below is her Great Grand Daughter......Just about 15 months old, and growing.....the Fabulous Valentina..... One Sunday, in April, Kim and her Daughter Tanya and her Son-In-Law Henry, came to visit me, bringing this darling little bundle of Valentina.

Valentina is a delightful baby girl....the first Grandchild of Tanya and Henry....birthed by their second daughter, Cory. And the first Great Grandchild for the beautiful wonderful Kim, known as 'Mommy Kim' to her four grandchildren. Here below is Cory and Valentina, immediately after Valentina's birth.... And a closer look at this sweet little newborn here below..... And here below are the proud and happy parents....

Kim and I have have been good good friends since 1968....her dear daughter Tanya was just a kid herself when I first met Kim....Theatre West was where we first met. We have worked together and shared just about everything friends can share....Here below is a picture taken at the Zora Gallery in San Francisco, in 1973....It was the Opening of my Art Show there, and the gentleman in the picture is the Gallery owner, Joe Chowning....this was a snapshot that Betty G. took.... Those are a few of the paintings I had hanging in that show....dear Kim was one one of the many hearty who flew up to San Francisco for the weekend's opening....It was a lot of fun, I must say.....

Perhaps some of you will remember the Mother Daughter Grandmother picture series that I posted quite a long time ago....this picture below is of the three generations....And I have isolated Kim and Tanya and Cory just for this post.... Valentina's beautiful Mom, was around eight or nine here....the year was 1978....Here below is a picture taken at a surprise Birthday dinner that Kim's husband, Werner Klemperer gave for dear 'Kimmy', as he sometimes called her.....I am guessing that the year was around 1993 or 94, but I am not sure..... That is Henry, the Daddy of these four fabulous children. Next to Henry is Dana, the oldest, now a doctor and working in Africa in a Pediatrics Hospital, Then next to her is Cory, the mother of Valentina, and a brilliant financial wizard in her own right. Then Tanya, the beautiful mother of this gorgeous family. Then Aaron, another brilliant financial wizard, working for Shearson, and the baby of the family, Cohen, who is a champion ice skater and now coaches young people in that 'art'......

And below, Werner and Kim..... Kim was like "mother earth" during Werner's final illnes....I have never in my life known anyone as devoted and 'there' as Kim was for Werner....24/7. That's what Werner needed and wanted, and that's what Kim wanted, too. She would not hear of having anyone else there to help, even at the very end. And it was not an easy time as you can well imagine....

I love this next picture...two of my dearests....it was my 65th Birthday and this was at Betty's house in Studio City.....

Here below is a cute snapshot taken in May of 2001, the last time I was in New York. Lee Grant and her husband Joe Feury had given a lovely dinner party for me and Kim was one of the guests....It was a great evening because it was all old friends---everyone has known each other forever and ever.....

So, back to the present and this darling baby girl....Here below are some pictures I took that day in April.....Here below, Kim and Valentina....What a beautiful pair....

And then, Tanya and her very first precious Grandbaby....

And Grandpa Henry and the precious Valentina....And Great Grandma & Grandma loving every second with thier wonderful Valentina.... And the sweet baby girl sitting on the floor amusing herself by unpacking that carry-on..... I just love this picture above....There is something so sweet about seeing her little back and that lovely dear neck and those adorable little overalls and those darling little shoes...Oh My, you could just give her such a hug and a squeeze, couldn't you?....And I love that she is so concentrated on whatever it is she is doing....

And last, but not least.... "A Happy Mother's Day Mama, and Grandma and Great Grandma....I love you!"

And a Very Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there in the blogesphere....enjoy, enjoy the weekend!





More To Come.....








43 Comments:
had this to say:

It seems as if your house is always teeming full of good friends, because of your amazing photo collection and wonderful memories. Michele sent me to say hi, before I go to bed.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 3:27:00 AM PDT 

Blogger JR
had this to say:

What physically beautiful people! Every last one of them has a gorgeous face, but the eyes, oh my! The eyes on each of these ladies are so beautiful! They look happy, loved, and like they're living their lives well. What a great family, thanks for sharing.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 4:31:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Valentine is indeed a beautiful girl, but then, she has the most gorgeous great grandma. Kim is even more beautiful now than she was years ago.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 5:16:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

ahhh, what a georgous girl. I remember seeing some of those picturs last time. It's so nice to see all the generations together.

Mstr A's great grandmother absolutely adored him - he was her 21st great grandchild!!!! But we were the closest to her, and she saw him every week - usually a couple of times. He still remembers her fondly, even though she died when he was 3 - just a few weks after her first great, great grandchild was born! It's sad that the girls will never know her.

I think we have forgotten how important the older generatins o our families are. It's good to be reminded sometimes.

of course, mothers day in the UK was in March:-)

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 5:17:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

what a beautiful looking family!! thanks for sharing those Naomi.

And a Happy Mother's Day to Sweetie's "momcat"!!!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 5:40:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Ah! This is FABULOUS! I absolutely love that picture of Kim with Valentina looking at the flowers! PERFECT!!! And I noticed her little shoes long before I read your words below the picture! That too would be a favorite of mine -- but those little shoes are TOO adorable - and I want some! I'll hang on to them for a grandbaby of mine - just tell me where I can GET them!!! LOL! What a rich family this is!!! (and I'm not talking finances!)

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 6:22:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a beautiful little girl she is. Those eyes!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 7:41:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

cute girl, looks like lots of good memories and a reminder of how special mothers and grandmothers and children are. Here from Michele's

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 10:04:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Naomi, what a beautiful, wonderful post, illuminated by Valentina's precious eyes.
Mother's Day was last sunday here in Spain. Wishing you a wonderful sunday and virtually sending you all your favorite flowers, every single one of them.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 10:45:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hello, Michele sent me!

Now, don't think I say this to all the bloggers, but you sure do have a family-full of good-looking people.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 12:38:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Ohh Naomi, you always do it your way and with such personal touch. So much care and love and passion in this Happy Mothers Day post. What lovely pictures and words to go with - thanks for sharing!
Happy Mothers Day to you too:-)

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 2:58:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

You have introduced us to so many of your dear friends with your camera and I have loved seeing and reading about all of them.
My foks never owned a camera and I have but one photo of my Dad and only two of my Mom. I think of how wonderful it is to share photos and how sad it is not to have them. Now I have photo albums full of my children and grandchildren to remind me that the value of a camera is more precious than gold.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 3:52:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I sure did enjoy reading this Naomi! Very wonderful post. That dear little girl would touch anyone's heart! What a doll baby!! A beautiful warm family!!

I love that picture of you with that very big fat cat too!! It does look like a very big cat!!

Happy Mother's Day Naomi!!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 4:30:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a beautiful family!
You must have really enjoyed having them over to visit. Happy Mothers Day to you too!
Here from Micheles

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 5:57:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What beautiful photos of beautiful people... :-)

I love that picture of Kim and Valentina...and Grandpa Henry and Valentina...

And isn't that baby just the bestest?? Love that picture of her unpacking the carry-on....

Happy Mother's Day, my dear friend so many miles away.

cq

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 2:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a loving post. Just beautiful and fitting for Mother's Day. The little Grandbaby is gorgeous - I can seriously see her Great Grandma in her. Looking at the photos of that precious little girl makes me realise just how lucky I am to have my own little bundle of love, to well...love! Cheers.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 3:51:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a gorgeous baby!! I love seeing these photos of you with your good friends. Such a full life you lead...:)

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 6:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Good morning Naomi...it has been ages (or so it seems) since I last visited here....

I also enjoy your heartfelt posts and beautiful pictures...such a beautiful tribute here to a precious woman's family

God bless you
donna

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 8:12:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

How lovely. Your deep friendship and love for these friends really comes across. The pictures are wonderful. I love the one of the three generations and the one of you in NY with the tabby cat showing his furry belly LOL :)

How great that you have this wonderful family as close friends.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 10:07:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Oh my, that Valentina is absolutely gorgeous, as gorgeous as her grandmother is stunning! Great photos :)

Here from Michele's today.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 11:15:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a bunch of gorgeous women, and that BABY! CUTE!

And you too, dear lady. I know you're not officially a mother, but some people, like me, probably think of you as one, with all your compassion and the wonderful stories you share, you have touched many lives.

So Happy Mother's Day, from me.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 12:11:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The pictures are just so beautiful...and that little girls...hmmm stunning!!!

Thanks for sharing another beautiful story!!!

Maria

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 2:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Thank you Naomi! Sure I remember well this beautiful series, when I saw Mother&Daughter&Grandmother pictures! It was great!

Valentina is so beautiful! Her eyes are gorgeous and she looks adorable!

(((Many hugs)))

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 2:57:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I loved all the pics and the story to go along with it. What gorgeous women. And Valentina is stunning.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 3:51:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Valentina sure is a cutie! But I can see where she gets it.

You're lucky to have such friends.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 5:03:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I don't think you could get a cuter baby. Everyone in the photos is stunningly beautiful but the baby is a knock out. Lot's of life and love shinning through.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 8:12:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a beautiful picture story! A gorgeous tribute to a stunningly gorgeous family. What a treasure to have so many life-long friends! :)

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 9:55:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a beautiful set of ladies....great genes there. Valentina is an exceptional beauty!

Very sweet story and pictures.

And thank you for the sweet, sweet note for mother's day!

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 5:43:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Namoi, Thank you so much for sharing the photo's of your friends, I look forward, to looking at your post, every day. Valentina, is gorgeous, as well as the rest of her family. Thank you again for sharing. This past weekend, I attended a mother daughter banquett, at our church. And a young mom, who my daughter grew up with came with her infant daughter. And got to hold her, how lucky I was. Too touch and hold a baby again. My own daughter, also blessed me with her company that evening, she is 22 and often will blow me off, for doing something with friends. Starting to become a little afraid that I will never be blessed with grandchildren from my daughter she tells me her dogs are her children. And granted they are cute but just not the same. But would rather her know that she may not make a good mom, than to have children, and not take care of them properly. Time will tell. Again thank you for sharing. Pat
(vv)

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 7:28:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi,

we enjoyed reading your post and staring at our family pictures all together yesterday.

We appreciated your nice thoughts,

-
Marco, Valentina's (proud) dad.

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 8:44:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a beautiful baby and she's obviously showered with love. Kim & Tanya look too young to be a great grandma & grandma.

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 11:12:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Gorgeous baby! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with old friends.
~S

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 12:53:00 PM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

What a beautiful little girl and such a loving family. Happy Mother's Day to all!

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 1:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Thanks my dear for your visit and nice words about my Mom's photos!
I always love when I see your name on comments! (((Many huhs)))

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 4:44:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Valentina has the most amazing eyes. It's very difficult to believe that your good friend Kim can have a great grand daughter and still look the way she does. I sure hope I can hold onto my looks like she did! (of course she also started off looking a lot better than I ever have...)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 11:56:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a fabulous post! I love seeing the generations of love. Valentina is a gorgeous child. She is precious.
From Kim on down, this is indeed a strong, very talented and beautiful family.
I'm so glad they paid you a visit and brought their new little angel baby along. :-)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 5:31:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, I haven't been around much at all, but what a post to "come home" to see! Valentina is a beautiful child. Beautiful to see the generations. ((hugs))

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 5:26:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a gorgeous baby!! And I love her name. I'm sicker than a dog, i'll come back later and read all about the roses......=)

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 9:27:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a gorgeous little girl but she definitely comes from good stock, the whole family is stunning.
Sorry I am so remiss in visiting/updating lately.
Good news is my oldest son moved back out this week so I might have more time to catch up lol.
Extra busy being an extra too,which is all good :)

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 6:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Ach this is WendyWings stupid blogger would not let me log into my other account ROTFL
/

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 6:19:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I enjoyed this post and photos so much. What classic, striking, features all of them have.
Valentina is beyond sweet! What a gorgeous baby. Thanks so much for sharing all of it.
And to the mom of Sweetie....wishing you a belated Mother's Day, Naomi.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 3:04:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Kim is indeed gorgeous, very regal looking and full of grace. Such a beautiful gathering of meaningful pictures (even the cat!)

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 3:51:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Great family !

Kim Hamilton you are beautifull.
Much love from Holland.

Shazia

Monday, November 7, 2011 at 3:07:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.