Tuesday, April 24, 2007
interview-craziequeen


The wonderful Craziequeen of "Craziequeen's Palace" has given me 5 questions for "The Interview Meme" and getting right to it, here they are!

1.- Soup Or Salad?



Well, much depends on my mood when it comes to Soup Or Salad....If it is cold outside and I feel the need for "comfort" food...give me a hearty yummy smooth pureed nutritious soup, or if it is hot outside, give me a cold pureed soup like and Avacado Soup or a Vichysoise....
On the other hand, there are times I feel the need for "crunch", and when I do, then give me some fresh old fashioned greens, a little bit of tomato, some Avacado slices, And those Avacado's happen to be absolutely fabulous right now here in Los Angeles, throw in a few other goodies like a bit of radish or some delicious Jicima...and I will be in hoggity heaven with this salad, especially if there is a lovely Balsamic Vinegrette Dressing to go with it....More Yum!


2.- Laptop or Proper Computer?


Okay, at this time, and ever since I got my very first computer in early 1991, it has been a 'Proper Computer'. But, in fact, I have been thinking quite seriously about a Laptop for a long time now. Mostly to give me some choice as to the positioning of my body since I spend so much time on the computer... in other words, to not be locked into this one chair that I am sitting on right now as I type this....But, at the moment, finances do not permit me getting a Laptop. Still, I am hoping that I will be able to get me one of those Laptop Thingy's in the very near future.


3.- What color is your bathroom?

I have two bathrooms...a so called Guest Bathroom, which I use a lot, and then the Master Bath, which I also use a great deal....
The Guest bathroom has a few colors which are all in a lovely subtle flowered wallpaper which covers the walls throughout the whole bathroom---All the colors are very pale pastels of beige, pale pale pink and pale pale yellow...I should really take a picture to show you....and there is is over there on the left side of this post.....

The Master Bath has a rather formal and subtle wallpaper too...with a kind of slightly matte irridescent quality to it in pale pale grays and that include this delicate leafy pattern....Another picture possibly....? Why yes! And here it is, over on the right side....opposite this paragraph.


4.- When You Want To Relax, What Do You Listen To?

Again, it all depends on my mood....It could be classical music...Mendelson or Brahms or Tchiakovsky, or it could be Easy Jazz....Oscar Peterson, The Three Sounds, Jimmy Smith, or my favorite singer of all time Carmen McRae, or Lena Horne....or it might be the score of a Broadway Musical...Gypsy, or Sunday In The Park With George, or Follies, or amy number of other shows. All of this music moves me and puts me in another place entirely, and by doing that, I can truly relax...Music has always been such an important part of my world...and sometimes, the only thing that will really relaxe me is sitting down at my piano and improvising....this too, takes me to a whole other state of being, and sometimes, a song might just come out of that noodling on the keyboard....

5.- What Is The One Thing That Warms Your Heart The Most? A Smell? A Sound? A Taste?

I would have to say that it is my dear cat Sweetie, (And I love the way he smells, crazy as that might seem). To feel him on my lap or legs---so relaxed, so 'at peace', puts me at peace, too....To feel and hear his purr as he lies there---a little low purr, almost imperceptible---puts me in a state of nirvana.....The feel of his soft soft fur as I slowly pet him while he lies there in this position----Well, this whole experience warms my heart like nothing else. And if I actually needed something else to add to that, it would be a beautiful piece of music, and then, I am in heaven!

Thank you dear CQ for these wonderful questions....This was fun!

And here are the rules of this "Interview" Meme, should you choose to do it:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview Me".
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Note: Shephard also gave me five questions and I will be doing his shortly....I must admit that I am finding his questions quite difficult....and they are difficult because of the complexity of what he asked....they are great questions, though, and in fact the answers in some cases may be more fairly long, or not...Hopefully, this post will be forthcoming shortly....





More To Come....







34 Comments:
had this to say:

Will you interview moi? I'll answer... I promise!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 1:05:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Weehee I'm first!!

Interview me interview me interview me!!!

What a great idea!!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 1:09:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

no big surprise to see Sweetie laying there! lol..
considering how many folks read your blog, you may be doing interviews all summer! lol

I'll give you a break 'cause I have nothing interesting anyway lol.. I'll check out some of your interviews though!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 5:00:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Very good interview, Naomi! As you know, I have already done mine (and I'm about to pass out questions to those who asked to be interviewed).

Re your question: I found a link to Stark's web-site from another site. If I can find it, I'll email it to you. I thought you'd love her art - and I do too!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 5:11:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Great answers. I have to agree with you about the music - it so depends on my mood too as it really does take you somewhere else, and I also agree with you about finding your gorgeous cat relaxing. I know Bob has the capacity to calm me by sitting with me and purring and being stroked. Of course now they have done studies to show that this helps with blood pressure but any pet owner has always known this!

I was already interviewed and I suspect you will be inundated with requests for interviews so I will pass at the moment, but I think you would ask some very interesting questions.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 6:24:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Naomi I really enjoyed learning more about you and everything is appealing - even your little pussy cat - I'm not really a cat person but love to observe them.
Has the bob-cat been around lately? Not the human one.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 8:10:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Ask away...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 9:50:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

My badbadbad on answering interviews but thought I would take a stab at answering *your* five questions...

1. Salad

2. Proper Computer

3. All three are eggshell (yeppers, i'm boring)

4. Rock and Roll!

5. Lots of things but here's a couple... my grandpuppy and the sounds and smells of nature.

xoxo

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 10:33:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I like your answers, Naomi!
About music, I agree with you, it all depends on my mood, too.
I love so much to hear the Russia composer, Alexander Scriabin, do you like him? If you want, I can send to you by e-mail some file on MIDI format. The file is very soft, a few KB.

Sweetie looks beautiful and so adorable and I can see why he warms your heart!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 12:49:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Your kitty is STUNNING!!!

M.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 4:10:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I liked your answers Naomi! I, too, have been thinking about a laptop, but it's a "want" and not a "need" so I haven't done it! Maybe someday....

Sweetie is so handsome!! What an adorable cat you have!!!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 4:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Nice to learn more about you.

I'm with you re the kitty. Byron is our aloof tuxedo cat. He's not over affectionate. But when I go to bed, he comes and lays on my chest and snuggles his face under my neck. He's so sweet! I don't even mind his drooling.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 6:21:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi... love the photo of Sweetie. And I totally relate.
And to your comments about music as well.

If you're not overwhelmed by requests, I'd love to hear what questions you'd come up with for me. But if you get a dozen requests, don't trouble yourself. You've got a gazillion readers.

~S :)

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 6:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

P.S. Soup is one of my favorite foods. Even cold soup. Esp. cold asparagus soup.
~S

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 6:32:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

When I saw that music question, I knew that would be a loaded answer! And you most certainly delivered.

Awww Sweetie, I swear, I feel as though I've held him. He's is such a precious, angelic soul.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 9:15:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I never thought I'd volunteer for 1 of these, but okay, I'll answer whatever 5 questions you ask. :)

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 9:46:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Interview me!!!!

This is a nice meme and i like your answers plus the pics especially with Sweetie!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 10:09:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Hi and thanks for reading mine :) Great questions and wonderful, detailed answers!!! I'd love a laptop too but I am afraid I would spend even more hours in front of it, indoors, outdoors, lol.
Nice music and Sweetie purring on your lap...sounds wonderful!!

You are busy with Shepard's questions. You have so many readers you will be busy afterwards preparing interviews for them!! have a happy day :)

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 10:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Great questions and even better answers!

We recently bought an iBook by Mac and it is pretty cool to use, so lucky us, we've got a 'proper computer' and a laptop.

It depends on the weather for me whether I feel like soup or salad - I can crave both!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 11:20:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

hiiiiiiii...just found you...ok as if living in jerusalem isn't exciting enough...go ahead...ask away :))) great post and i'll love coming back to visit

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 4:16:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi! Here from Colleen's. So often I have soup AND salad! It's the perfect combo and amount for me.

My 2 calico cats are my joy too!
I can't afford a laptop yet either, but imagine blogging from the dock of a cottage!

Amazing how these memes get around..like the game of Broken Telephone.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 4:27:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Oh...little Sweetie. How could he not warm your heart. I am a salad girl 95% of the time and I use a notebook (small laptop)...though I need one with more memory!

Interview me when you get the time. I see you have your hands full with many others so no need to rush for mine!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 5:24:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Great interview...Your sweetie is a real cutie.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 8:49:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wonderful Q & A :-). I'm so in love with your sweet kitty, just so adorable:-).
Have a wonderful day!!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 10:41:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Isn't Sweetie just the most adorable little man?? I knew he would warm your heart :-)

Great answers there, honey :-) I do like the answer about music - somehow I knew it would be a difficult one to answer for you :-)

cq

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 1:12:00 PM PDT 

Blogger TLP
had this to say:

I enjoyed your Q and A a great deal! Good job.

Sweetie is beautiful. Is her formal name Sweetie Pie?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 2:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Great answers. Can you believe i've never in my life had pureed soup?? I like mine chunky. =)

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 5:36:00 PM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

Hello Sweetie,
You are such a nice fellow to keep your mom company and take such good care of her too. It is amazing how easily a purr and a soft furry belly or the touch of a fluffy paw can comfort an aching heart or a lonely time. You are a very sweet fellow!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 9:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

If comfort is your main objective, Naomi, and your current computer is doing well, what you could do is get a wireless keyboard for your current computer. Then you could be more comfortable and it'd only cost you something like $50.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 10:50:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Soup Or Salad?
Depends on the temprature, humidity and mood and light. After a ski-tour: Soup. After a hot bath: salad. as two examples.
- and it so many different ways to make "todays" salad and soup, that can fit into my mood as well..

2.- Laptop or Proper Computer?

Today: Laptop. Wireless connection. That's freedom. And no cables for the Cats to "play with"
My fav is the ThinkPad with all it's build in recovering and security features (Needed when travelling around - I have a Z61m)

PS. I do not work for them;) And my first PC I bought in 1982.



3.- What color is your bathroom?

Well, we have two. One is mainly grey. Tiled all over but the ceiling. Shower, wc, washing and drying machines and handwash. Access for everybody.
The other, access from bedroom, tiles all over and more colorful, bathtube, handwash, wc...


4.- When You Want To Relax, What Do You Listen To?

After work: The sound of silence from the Nature. Not the S&G song you may think about - but I like that song very much. Or I listen to the turn of book pages - books I read. Or may be the best: The sound of my Cats purr. When they sit or lay upon me. That's healing(sic)

Or I can listen to J S Bach, Enya, some silent Jazz.

5.- What Is The One Thing That Warms Your Heart The Most? A Smell? A Sound? A Taste?

That's love and respect -whatever smell, sound and taste.
.. or put it this way: I do believe
that Curiousity + passion are more valuable than pure intelligence alone.
---------------------------------

Thanks for sharing this challenge. I post it on your site. Hope you do not mind.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 11:58:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Thx for my questions. See my blog for the answers.

If you feel like being "interviewed" again, here are my five questions for you:

1. If you could relive a time period in your life, what would it be?

2. Two-ply or three-ply tissues?

3. Which is your favorite article of clothing in your closet or drawer? Is their a story behind it?

4. What would be the theme song to the soundtrack of your life?

5. Do you prefer "tchochkes" or "quality pieces"?

Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 6:00:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

On second thought...you can interview me when you get around to it. I liked the questions you asked Deana...and I learned so much about her by her answers. She did it twice.

Friday, April 27, 2007 at 7:02:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MsT
had this to say:

Hello Naomi!
Good to "see" you - I had quite a week with some very bad news and some very good as well - I blogged about the former and will post the latter soon. Re: laptops - I got mine before Xmas at tigerdirect.com and highly recommend them for price and service - but the rebate process was lengthy and complicated and in the end totally worth it. Michele says hi.

Saturday, April 28, 2007 at 11:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Excellent! Excellent! What a great job you did answering those!

Sunday, April 29, 2007 at 1:54:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.