Friday, February 27, 2009
the red and brown carpet

There was The Red Carpet last Sunday, where the stars gathered for the Oscars......and then less than four minutes away, we had our own little Oscars----well, that's somewhat of an exaggeration....but, we did have a bit of a show on what I call, The Brown Carpet.... So, as the "stars" were gathering---Like Sarah Jessica Parker and Mathew Broderick, we had our own "stars" gathering just down below me, on what I like to call, The Brown Carpet.....Indeed! The Chicken Stars....They were gathering in droves.....all hoping to be seen in their finery....In this picture above, there were five lovely chickens, all at once.......These ladies were all spruced up for this special late afternoon jaunt..... Just as we had Brad and Angelina greeting their fans on The Red Carpet....We had these two lovelies, below..... Our own Brad and Angelina Chicken....They had stopped to check out the special Bird Seed left their for them by their very loyal loving fans.....And then we had the glorious Penelope Cruz four minutes away on The Red Carpet at The Kodak Theatre..... And while Penelope was posing for the Cameras....Our very own Penelope Chicken, was preening for her many fans, as well....Isn't she looking Fabulous? Meanwhile, back at the Kodak....this great beauty below was being ogled by all the fans as well as the Photographers..... Back on The Brown Carpet, this Gorgeous Stunning Lovely Beauty was checking out some of that very delicious Bird Seed left their by her fans....Meet the very Pretty Kate Chicken! She was looking particularly colorful that afternoon. All spruced up for her walk down The Brown Carpet..... And look who that is above....looking particularly fetching in that Black Velvet-----It's Meryl Chicken! What a fantastic gathering this is. Everyone anxious to get into the Pen so they can settle down for the evening.....Here below, a very sweet group are just about to enter the Pen, because The Show is about to begin! And so, the Red Carpet and The Brown Carpet are over for another year.....Who knows who the nominees will be next year....Only time will tell. Exciting, isn't it?



More To Come.......













33 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Heh.

Brad Pitt used to live about a block from my wife's apartment in Columbia, Missouri when he was attending Mizzou. Fortunately (for me and Ms. Jolie), they never met.

:)

Cheers.

BTW, Firefox is showing your posts correctly again.

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 5:16:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Kate the chicken looks sweet. How fun Naomi, very creative comparison between the two carpets. I enjoy how you marry ideas and images so seemlessly.

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 6:34:00 AM PST 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

I simply loved your post!!!

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 8:01:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I know which bird i'd prefer!!

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 8:26:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

[laughs]

Very funny....

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 8:51:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I just LOVE this BLOG!!! It really made me smile!! Thanks N!!

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 9:09:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi Naomi, does this mean you get fresh eggs, from your neighbors, what a treat if you do, but they sure are pretty birds as well. Really like the Brown Carpet.
Have a great weekend.
Pat from NY

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 9:19:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

The chickens really held their own! Great photos and a fun post.

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 10:20:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

LOL Loved the post, very clever Naomi.

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 11:58:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I'm a fan of Meryl Streep's acting ability, and I'm wondering if Meryl Chicken has the same kind of versatility?
Ha, ha, ha, tee, hee!
Those chickens were STRUTTING their stuff!!
Very funny, Noami!
I bet you laughed as you put this post together.
:-)

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 2:15:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I think I see one or two of the stars who previously appeared in Nick Park's Chicken Run in there :-)

(PS Concur with R. Sherman - Firefox happy again here :-)

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 2:32:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Lovely post Naomi! Actually I liked the brown carpet much more; More natural and less hassle :lol:

Wishing you a great end to your week :-)

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 3:19:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Those are fine and regal chickens. They looked quite healthy too!

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 3:21:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I love chickens! I used to have a pet chicken named Edith!

Hooray for the BROWN carpet!

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 6:30:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Nothing against your chicken, but I like MY Angelina better. ;)

I see that the horrible "b" post is off your front page! I can visit easily now! Yay!

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 7:27:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi, I can see you again without having to use Explorer....YEA! I love the brown carpet with all the stunning beauties prancing down the isle....lol

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 9:54:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I think I'd rather look at the chickens than the celebrities!!

Friday, February 27, 2009 at 9:57:00 PM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

What a great idea and isn't it strange how elegant and together they look. The chicks I mean - on the brown carpet.
I can't get over you being so close to the real thing.

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 2:40:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Randall is right we're back in business with Firefox:)

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 2:41:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You are a cack! (A good thing!)

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 5:21:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Ha! "The brown carpet!" I love it!!

The chickens were the real stars decked out in all their glory. :)

What a fun post, Naomi. You made me LOL!

(Btw, I think Penélope is a fine name for a chicken!)

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 6:36:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Very cute! Kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Real Life vs. Their Life. :)

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 11:17:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Since I missed the Oscars, I thank you for the update. Chickens and all. Actually, I think those chickens are definitely star quality!
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 3:30:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

The brown carpet nominees all looked so relaxed and not nervous at all to be there :)

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 4:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'll bet those red carpetors have laid a few eggs thamselves.

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 6:32:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Is this the same chicken coop you posted about last year? What a fun commentary!
LOL

Anne

Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 1:55:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

This is so funny cracked me up :)

Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 6:05:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

LOL! Just now I read this post! Very funny and creative, Naomi!

What a beautiful chickens! They looked very huge and healthy!

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 8:00:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love the brown carpet. I'd love to have chickens again. Maybe someday. It will take building a safe coop and yard. We had them before we moved to the farm, raised them from chicks and it was a very enjoyable experience. We brought those chickens with us when we moved here.

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 9:14:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

This made me laugh :D What a fun look at the Oscars red carpet! I think the Kate chicken was the best turned out but the black ones were reminiscent of Cher a few years ago! Lol!

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 11:28:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

OMG, Paris runways will be coming out with feathered fashion this year after viewing your brown carpet! What style those girls have strutting around like models! Do the neighbors know you're writing good reviews on their chicks? LOL

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 7:05:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

This was a wonderful post Naomi!! I truly loved the comparisons! I had wondered about those Chicken Stars below you! Now I see how they are doing!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 1:16:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

The brown carpet, too funny. *laughing*

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 4:27:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.