Wednesday, February 06, 2008
beautiful monday!

I took a couple of other video's.....But good old Blogger would not let me upload the second one. Sometimes I feel like Blogger is in cahoots witb Mercury Retrograde. Yes! Mercury is going backwards right now....And when it does that....Well, there are all sorts of "communication" problems....After all, Mercury is the planet of communication.....So.....I will show you some pictures of this day...and maybe Blogger will let me upload another Video of this beautiful beautiful day, tomorrow or the next day.....!


It was such a gorgeous day and so clear for Los Angeles....The winds, which were fierce, blew out most of the gunk that accumulates...Not all of it, but most of it.....I so loved all the cloud formations I took quite a few pictures of them and so here is a closer look at these exquisite clouds....... I went in as close as I could in this next shot....I just love when you can see the layers of hills and mountains on a day like Monday....So here they are.....three layers of hills, below....Isn't it odd to see that TV Antenna sticking up on someone's house....? I'm willing to bet it isn't used anymore..... Oh, and by the way, those layers of hills? That one in the back is a true mountain....the other two are just big hills....(lol).....Here below is another close-up of some of these fantastic clouds.... And one more picture of the stunning painted looking clouds, below.... And below is a closer look at Downtown Los Angeles and some of our Skyscrapers.....If you recall, Sundays picture of this same view there were no details at all.....Well, there are lots of details in this picture below.....an indication of how clear and clean it was.......

I am always stunned when I see all of the big buildings we have now....When I moved to L.A. the tallest building was The City Hall....and it is still there, but completely dwarfed by all of these magnificent huge buildings.....And now below, looking West....we have my dear trees with just that one cluster of clouds hovering there in the sky....... You can see the Pacific Ocean over there on the bottom left of the picture...And here below, a really closer look at the Pacific.... It is really amazing when you can look way out into the Ocean from my house.....Sometimes, like on Monday...I almost feel like I can reach out and touch it, it feels so close.....There are many more pictures but I am just going to post one more.....A closer look at my beloved trees.... And that one little puff over there on the upper right.....Beautiful, isn't it?




More To Come.......







27 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

On a clear day, you can see
forever... You seem to have captured that to a T. Beautiful! They do look like paintings.
I'm so glad you have this avenue to share all the beauty around you.
I was talking with a friend today (yesterday) and we were saying how backwards we felt so I said "hold on, let me Google Mercury in Retrograde" and sure enough!! We've got until Feb. 19th!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 2:59:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a contrast to Sunday! Isn't it always amazing how you can get up one day and the weather is totally different to the day before? It's like someone has redecorated in the night.

When I was a child I always thought that fluffy clouds look like they would be comfortable to sleep on :)

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 3:06:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I was thinking the same thing about the clouds, "they look painted." Actually, I was really thinking, wouldn't it be fun to sit on your balcony with a canvas and easel and have a go at it? (Not that I can paint or anything; but the view would inspire me.)

It's simply beautiful.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 5:06:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi! Yes tis a beautiful Monday...like the fluffy cotton candy white clouds! Buildings do reveal the changes in time.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 6:37:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Beautiful pictures. I love the sky shots when they are like that

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 10:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

A beautiful day,definitely an improvement on Sunday.
:)

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 5:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I really love your tree shots! That last picture makes me feel lonely.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 5:36:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That is ONE clear shot of that TV antenna!
:-)
Downtown L.A. is crystal clear!
Those clouds in that beautiful blue sky remind me of the sky on the beginning of The Simpsons.
Very nice day, indeed!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 5:55:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

That is definitely beautiful Naomi. When I was around highschool I also tend to cloud gazing at the back of our house. Letting the clouds take away all of my problems.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 5:56:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

The photos of those clouds, some of them look like paintings! Amazing.

I love cloud formation. Living in the wet tropics I see clouds all the time, well, most of the time. I have never seen such big huge fluffy clouds before I moved to Cairns. Amazing.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 11:45:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I love fluffy clouds. :-)

Actually, I like all clouds, they are amazing feats of science, they come in all colours, they move at all speeds, they can gang up on you or just bimble about the sky. They can deliver shade, rain, snow or hail.

Clouds are just magnificent - and you have found some just gorgeous ones to photograph for us.

I love that photo of downtown LA with the skyscrapers - not my cup of tea, but magnificent.

cq

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 12:22:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I never get tired of seeing pictures of your view Naomi!

Mike

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 2:42:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

a day like that will always help take me out of a depressed feeling!

As a kid, I remember laying out on the lawn and watching clouds go by.. loved being able to see shapes in them at times.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 5:26:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

thank you for letting me know you had added my blog to your roll here. That always means a lot to me to see it listed somewhere :)

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 6:10:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love it when the sky is clear and blue and the air smells clean....Your balcony serves you will Naomi

Have you seen "August Rush" yet? My daughter and I went to the dollar movies last week and watched this movie. I recommend it for anyone who loves music.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 7:16:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Lovely skies, and I'm amazed that you could see so far. The air must have been really clear.
On my one and only trip to LA, we were driving along on of the highways, and suddenly a HUGE mountain appeared in front of us... but we couldn't see it until we got really close, the air was so full of grey junk.... I was astonished!

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 9:40:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a wonderful Day. The Clouds are thrilling in all their fascination and change of shape and size and colors.
By the way, I did not know the Palms were imported to California. But thanks to your short, and great movie, I do know now.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 12:45:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

love the video, and I love the cloud photos especially. I miss seeing dramatic clouds like that from when we lived in FL. Not as common out here. :)
~S

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 12:45:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Just to say... I enjoy your blog :-)
Best wishes & good health...

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 1:58:00 PM PST 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Love those shots and the clear sky!! yes, you were right about pollution in Santiago, it is a huge problem because the city is in a hole, caught between the Andes mountains and another coastal chain... No windy days and lots of dirt in the air... Still, I love that city because of dear friends and family living there :)

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 2:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I love your talking videos Naomi! Those are such pretty pictures with all the gunk blown away. Wonder where that gunk goes to when it blows out??

That's a big city you live in!! Great pictures!

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 4:00:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

oh so pretty.

michele sent me to say hello

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 6:10:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi- these are wonderful photos. I just love some of the views in LA. I just posted some photos from my day in LA this week...

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 7:48:00 PM PST 

Blogger b13
had this to say:

What an astounding view you have! You seem to be looking down from the heavens.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 8:06:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

It's funny; they are BEAUTIFUL pictures, but I'll not be able to think of the portfolio with that TV antenna! LOL!!

Michele sent me, and I'm glad I stopped back by! :)

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 8:27:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Wonderful photos. So serene. I liked the bluest of skies!

Good to be visiting you. Right now it is a drab Friday Afternoon.

YOu know, who sent me here!

Friday, February 8, 2008 at 12:08:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Wow! That really was quite a difference from just the day before.
The air was so clean and crisp on Monday.
Loved your video and your photos. Imagine...on a clear day, you can actually see the Pacific Ocean from your balcony.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Friday, February 8, 2008 at 3:01:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.