Tuesday, September 27, 2011
ladies who lunch - part 4

There were some Heart Necklaces that were included in the Gift Bags.....But, they must have been for little children----no one could get it over their heads....lol....So, as you can see from the picture of Lee above, a solution was found-----And a pretty fun one, I think. Dianne's seemed to be able to get onto her head a little better.....! I live the look on Bridget's face, above......She has such a wonderful expressive face........I call it a 'rubber' face---like a lot of the clowns in our early films.......She can create any look she wants----and does! I love it!......One of the things we had in our Gift Bags were these "snapper" thingy's....I think they are fun and very very festive...and 'the ladies' love them too, but sometimes we have problems making them go off---Especially, ALL at the same time. After all, if I'm taking a Video, I only have one shot at it, right? So, we rehearsed. Twice. They were all supposed to be ready and on my count of 'one, two, three, Go....', they all were to "GO"...! Check out this this Video, please........

This is the BEST it's ever worked, but still......No Cigar! (lol).....This next Video needs a bit of an explanation.....We had been talking about me directing all the Ladies in a play reading, earlier in the afternoon....,so the reference to 'directing' them, came out of that discussion--PLUS, the feeble attempt at trying to do these "snappers" all at once.....I think this Video is really funny......


And, once again, Bridget made us all laugh....! This ended the 'Lunch' part of our afternoon, and now it was time to open Birthday Presents.......So we moved into the Living Room and Seemah & Kim began to open their Gifts...... They both opened Bridget's Gifts first.....Below, Seemah, with the two beautiful gifts that Bridget gave her...... That Heart on the right is actually a beautiful frame for a photograph......And the piece on the left is this beautiful painted and be-jeweled metal thing that you can hang on your mirror or in your window.....A closer look at both, below.... And the two presents that Bridget gave Kim were a similar hanging painted and be-jeweled metal thing and a gorgeous Glass Flower...... A closer look below at both these very beautiful things..... The colors in that glass flower are so very pretty....And the hanging metal thing is incredibly pretty, too......Bridget always finds these unusual special gifts for everyone.......Then, it was time for each of them to open my gifts to them....... I gave each of them a beautiful, (if I do say so myself), carved wooden Netsuke...... Above, this was Seemah's Netsuke. It is a Frog. In fact, I gave each of them a Frog because I was told many many many years ago that Frogs bring good luck with money....And we all can always use more good luck with money, can't we? They both really loved their little Froggy's.......Then, Lisa gave each of them a Beautiful Picture Frame..... Above, there is Kim's very colorful frame....and below, here is Seemah's Frame...... Such a pretty design......Each one of these frames is so very pretty and one can never have too many picture frames.....Then, Kim and Seemah opened Lee's present........This "Total Pillow" can do anything! I had never seen it before, but it really is a miracle pillow....read more about it.....here......They both LOVED this gift.....practical and pretty, all at the same time.....! Then, Kim opened Seemah's present to her...... A very pretty and perfect blouse that Kim was crazy about.....! Meanwhile.....Annie's daughter Nora arrived to pick her up and take her home..... If you look at this picture above closely, you will see that there are three, Count Them, 3, 'Wheel Walkers'....Mine, in the foreground. Annie's, which Nora is sitting in, and the one Annie gave me as a gift, over by the window.....It looks like a Medical Implements Store....lol...... Here is Lee, above, helping to explain something to The Birthday Girls.....Then, Seemah opened the very last presents....Dianne had given both Kim and Seemah some Chocolate....! One can never have too much chocolate, right? Dianne gave each of them these two bags of Chocolates. Happiness could be seen written over both their faces...... And so, another 'Ladies Who Lunch' came to an end...And two Birthday Girls were very happy...... And so.....Another Good Time Was Had By All.........Till next time.......




More To Come.......










23 Comments:
had this to say:

many smiles. I hope "next time" isn't all that far away!

I knew I liked Lee when i met her at that show but now I know for sure I like her...she likes to walk around bare footed like me! lol

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 3:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

There are the beautiful ladies I have been missing.. I havent been around much. Havent left but just havent had time to chat with my friends. Lots going on here at home.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:16:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh no I just gave the kids my little green frog I've kept for years. I still have one back here with me on my desk though. I love little frogs and had no idea they were lucky with money! As always I have enjoyed your party and gifts. You have such great friends.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:07:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

These "lunch reports" never fail to bring a smile to my face. Thanks, dear.

Cheers.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 7:14:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

That was hilarious. The video with the streamers reminded me of trying to direct the Townswomen's Guild in a play I had written - made me almost suicidal!
Then Bridget with the thing in her nose which slowly dropped down made me laugh out loud. I'm going to watch it again just for the hell of it.
I'm sure you all had a ball and all that laughter must do you all a power of good.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 7:48:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hey Naomi, looking at all the pressies just bring me cheers and everyone put in such effort really in partaking this joyous occasion.

I have a smile on my face now. Thank you.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:46:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a blast! You guys make a beautiful mess! I laughed out loud over the necklaces that wouldn't fit. Funny how Sema seems to be wearing a flowered crown.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You all seem to have the best time - it isn't hard to tell that you enjoy each other's company.

Glad it was a fund day!!!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:32:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

You ladies are so much fun!! love seeing the presents, too, that "total pillow" seems fantastic.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 11:07:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi :)

What a festive scene! I feel like you saved the best for last. There is a lot of love in that room. That's very cool to see.

Stan
XOXO

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 12:04:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Stan really said it well. There really is a visable bond and comfort between all of you.
Those frogs were adorable and your directing the poppers was delightful. Sure glad I don't have clean up detail after your parties.
Thank you for inviting us and I love the videos.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 2:51:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

All of you seem to have so much fun at your parties, especially with the gift bags of silly stuff. It is nice to see everyone playing!

Thanks for the visit, Naomi. The other woman in the photo is Marci Hurst, owner of the local Money Mailer franchise. I won the tickets in June and the concert was in July. They were late taking the photo (which was last Monday).

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 10:19:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What lovely, fabulous women...you are blessed to have such magnificent ladies in your circle who love and care of one another in such a devoted way. Peace and joy to you all. Cynthia

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 1:26:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Ha ha I always love these posts, and your videos crack me up! You all know how to have so much fun! All the gifts look wonderful.

The frogs look beautiful.

I bet someone had fun getting rid of all those ribbons from the lights! So how long do your lunches last?

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 3:12:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hello, Lady of the house, their website fascinates.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 8:50:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

I didn't know that about the frogs. Hmmm. I got a wooden frog like that for my son awhile back, only his frog has a hole in the center where a long wooden stick is held. You pull out the stick and rub it up and down on the ridges on the frogs back and it's a musical instrument.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 9:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I loved that! Another great party.
I had to read through all the other comments to see if anyone else had noticed that in all the later pictures of Kim, it looks like the flowers in the background are a headpiece or flower tiara on her head. It looks pretty attractive. Someone should start this fad. It could be the American version of the fascinator.

Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 2:13:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What FUN to hear the voices, all in good cheer.
I have been thinking of polliwogs... now that I know frogs attract money... I have a good excuse to go mucking for some):-

Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 5:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi dear Naomi,
Love always seeing your Ladies Who Lunch! How much fun, how much friendship and how much love between you all!
As always the gifts of the bags are so funny. And the Birthdays gifts are just beautiful. And the frogs... Wow! They are amazing!
Love the videos too!
I am looking forward for more Ladies Who Lunch.

Have a pleasant weekend.
Many hugs!

Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 5:56:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi,

What it is to be 'Ladies Who Lunch' and you certainly do it in some style.

You celebrate birthdays and special occasions in a fantastic way, which sees some happy smiling faces all round.

Long may you continue to entertain us with your love of life and the party atmosphere.

Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 9:12:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Nice to see that you all had such a great time.

Stan,I saw you commented about my comment regarding Ann Morgan Guilbert of "The Dick Van Dyke Show." You might not know this, but Seemah is the widow of Bill Idelson (d.2007). Bill played the character of Herman Glimscher (Sally Rogers' boyfriend)on the show. He also wrote for many tv shows throughout his career.

Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 10:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Your lunches are always fun, but this one concerned me. You are too young to be blowing things up.
(Glad Godiva was safe!)

Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 7:26:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Bridget is a hoot! I love the frog Netsukes!! I love frogs so I think they are especially cute! I don't know about the money thing since I have several frogs on my porch!! Ohhh...those white chocolate Lindt's truffles are the BEST truffles ever. Jamie Dawn got me hooked on them and I thought nothing could beat the milk chocolate until I tried the white chocolate. It is the best of all and the others do not compare now!

What a lovely luncheon and party Naomi! All the poppers are so neat and going up on the light fixture!! So much fun you all have at these luncheons!! I laughed at all the videos and it was so nice to feel like I was there looking on! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs!!!

Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 8:52:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.