Sunday, November 15, 2009
sweetie and his pal "rabies"

So, "Rabies" was just sitting on the couch, minding his own business when 'guess who'---yes, my dear Sweetie---came up on the couch and immediately noticed Rabies sitting there....... He was certainly interested in who this stranger-person was....That's Shawn's leg in the bottom of the picture. Sweetie knows Shawn and is quite comfortable with him.....(We took Rabies out for a little ride after Sweetie got to know him a wee bit.....) As most cats do.....Sweetie started checking Rabies out by sniffing him. Very typical. Cats seem to know an awful lot by smell, don't they? Sweetie got in even closer, continuing his sniffing ---exploring that lower digit of Rabies as if it was really going to tell him something of great importance....! And for all we know, it did! Then he moved up a bit to Rabies arm, and continued his investigation by sniffing him....I always love the concentration that one sees with cats. They become intent on their mission and they don't stop until they have gathered all the information they can......
Now....he is looking Rabies right in the eye. Sweetie seems to be assessing the whole situation....'Who is this little long legged long armed guy? And what is he doing here on the hill?' Above, Sweetie seems to be thinking this all over. What to do next? Where to go to get more information? Hmmmmmm. Okay. I think there is more information to be had by going back to this 'digit'. Sweetie is thinking: 'I need to really get in there and check this foot out with my complete and full concentration......Look closer, below.... And that.....led to this, below....... LOL, LOL.....And the above "attack" led to this really cute and funny video below......Sweetie as only Sweetie can be....So cute and so very lovable! It is worth the wait, believe me, to watch as he decides what he is going to or not going to do.....! My favorite thing about the way Sweetie does, is---you think he is not interested. And then....you actually see the moment he kind of decides to do something....! We don't know what, until he actually does it...but.....Well, you will see.....lol!




More To Come........













26 Comments:
had this to say:

LOL -- watch Sweetie's tail through the video, quite "telling". Of course that crouch is a HUGE giveaway.

Gosh, I love cats, don't you? They are the best. I need to post about the "Capturing of a Snuggy." It's quite a feat, I tell you. :)

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 1:26:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

LOL cats are so great aren't they? If only we could enjoy ourselves that much at any given time and reason! LOL... please give Sweetie chin tickles for me!
loved loved loved the video!!

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 4:11:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi, my son and I got such a kick out of watching your video this morning! At first we thought Sweetie would just sit and stare at Rabies forever...and then whack! It was hilarious!!

What fun! I can't wait to see the next episode of Sweetie Gets Rabies. :)

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 6:03:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I thought the same thing as Jammie - the tail switching is very telling, even when Sweetie is not really looking at the monkey! LOL

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 6:16:00 AM PST 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

A truly "sweet" post :)

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 9:01:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Oh that is cute Noami, I love watching cats "hunt" like that. Sweetie is so cute!

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 9:29:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I don't thinks Sweetie's decided whether to be jealous or not. Let's hope "Rabies" doesn't become animated anytime soon.

Cheers.

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 10:05:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

did Sweetie go back to Rabies the second time?

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 7:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

LOL, Sweetie really gave "Rabies" a good telling off! That'll teach him not to sit on the back of the sofa and smirk!

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 7:23:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That was fun. I could watch cats do stuff all day long.

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 11:45:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I love watching cats and dogs "think" about how they're going to deal with something. I always think we can literally "see the wheels turning" in their heads before they decide whether or not to act, or how. Your cat is so cute in this and very handsome.

Monday, November 16, 2009 at 12:23:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

That was a scream! I too was watching the odd swish of the tail and wondered when he was going to pounce. Poor Rabies - I hope he doesn't have a nervous break-down;)

Monday, November 16, 2009 at 7:51:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love Sweeties tail.. That long and thin tail with a little puff at the end.. I have to admit we just bought Snowie some catnip and she doesnt like it.. More I dont think she knows what to do with it..

Monday, November 16, 2009 at 9:30:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

LoL! Very much like my boys! They are into everything and often into things they shouldn't be into.

It is so nice to see Sweetie on your blog again. Such a dear chap and so beautiful too :)

Monday, November 16, 2009 at 4:17:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I was waiting for the cat to bite the head or a limb off or something like that.

Monday, November 16, 2009 at 7:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hey Naomi, Rabies is certainly having lots of fun there and it brings a smile on my face too :D

Monday, November 16, 2009 at 7:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Is there anything quicker than a cat in pounce? Really enjoyed the video and Sweetie letting Rabies know just whose house it is :))

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 4:08:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I can't see the video but the photos just cracked me up. I reckon Sweetie's gonna shred Rabies to pieces by the end of his stay. :D

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 8:59:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

That's really adorable. I love cats. I am guessing he smelled the animals from other houses where Rabies had been but definitely he had become a toy for Sweetie once he got comfortable with his smells.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 11:52:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

LOL! Amazing video, Naomi! Really I laugh out loud with Sweetie! So funny!
It was just unexpected to me! I saw Sweetie's tail waving and suddenly he... (Sorry I could not find the right word for his act...)
But it was very funny!
Thanks for make me laugh!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 1:36:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Sweetie gave quite a thorough checking out!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 6:49:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Does Rabies get freuent flyer miles? May be he could share with Sweetie?

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 10:22:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hilarious! It's like a bluff in poker and then a strike! Reminds me of how Bryce was afraid of the talking toy rabbit. His answer was to scoot on his butt far away from it and watch it from across the room. I do love to observe human nature and animal nature.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 6:47:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Don't monkey around with me! A cliff, er, couch hanger!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 8:56:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I sure did enjoy seeing Sweetie again!! Cats have to do the sniffing thing and check things out so well, in true cat fashion!! I love how his tail is trimmed, like a lion!!

I knew he was going to grab that monkey! It was too hard to resist! :)

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 9:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hahahahahaha! I love how Sweetie attacks and then hauls ass!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 7:55:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.