Friday, October 16, 2009
halloween is coming....!

Halloween is on the way and while driving around this amazing city with my dear friend Shawn the other week, we went into the "flats" of Beverly Hills because I wanted to take some pictures of a house that I will be showing you later on....To explain why this particular area of Beverly Hills is called 'The Flats' is very simple. It is because it is all on flat land as apposed to actually up in the Hills. Here above...you see 'the flats'.....I didn't take this picture, but found it on the net---it was taken from a Helicopter. This whole section is above Santa Monica Blvd, which you can see way at the top of the picture---that's where the 'city' of Beverly Hills is----and it goes up to Sunset Blvd and a little beyond, here and there. This is all Beverly Hills, but before "Beverly Hills" actually goes up into 'The Hills of Beverly'. And it has always been known as 'The Flats of Beverly Hills'.......This whole section is all on a slight incline starting at Wilshire Blvd and continuing on up to Sunset Blvd., where it then begins it's more serious climb up into The Hills. You can see from the Helicopter picture above that it is all residential---that street in the middle of the Helicopter picture is Rodeo Drive. There are many beautiful homes in this 'flat' area, most of which are not behind big walls and huge gates. And so, as we drove around, we came across a house that had a lot of Halloween decorations on their lawn. And I thought: Oh Perfect! A Halloween post or two for my blog, along with a little bit of other information.....And in the case of that very first picture above, they had a Skeleton or two, hanging in one of the trees, and some other places, too...... Here above is that first Skeleton's 'brother' or 'tree neighbor', as the case may be.....I loved that they put them both in a tree in their front yard.....And then we noticed there was another Skeleton laying down on the grass....I thought this was really really clever.......As you can see....he is partly buried under the grass as if escaping from the crypt or his grave....lol! I love the homeowners sense of humor! It was fairly late in the afternoon and so the sun was going down in the West, as it always does.....But, considering that, I still got some fun pictures. Here is their front entry-way....I think that black thing over on the right of the front door is a Witch on a Broomstick...but I'm not really sure. Here below is a closer look at another one of these black things. This one looks like he is trying to get into the house through that window...lol. Or, is he or she facing front? The mystery of the hanging black thing.....I think I see some fangy looking teeth there (Do click on all the pictures to see them somewhat closer....) If any of you can tell me if this is a Bat or a Witch or whatever---do let me know in your comments.....I do know what is inside the gate there and here is a closer look at them, below..... I love that big skull...and the little 'screaming skull hanging on to the gate.....Again, it really says a lot, to me about the people who own the house and their sense of humor. Here below is a closer look at that little screamer-guy..... And an even closer look below---in detail....... Sorry about the focus in that picture above---we were in a moving car, remember....He is pretty scary looking and the detail of his face and teeth and eye---well, I think it is all pretty extraordinary....! I love seeing things like this where so much care has been taken to make it look as authentically Halloween Creepy and Scary as possible..... One last close-up of that Skull behind the Front Door Gate....He almost looks like he has this little ironic grin on his face, like he is saying--'I'm not really scary, I'm just part of the Halloween pretend-scary"..... Here above are the two Skeletons in the tree and that Skull on the Front Door.....There are more Halloween goodies here at this house, but you will have to wait for the next post......




More To Come.......

Note: Today is my dear sister Gene's 83rd Birthday! A Very Very Happy Birthday, dear sister..........











28 Comments:
Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Happy bday to your dear sister!! and many, many more.
Fantastic Halloween goodies, good thing it was sunny to be able to see all the scary details... looking forward to your next post!

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 4:20:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I think it's a bat! What fun. I wanted to stop and take a couple of Halloween yard scene photographs on my way to Roanoke yesterday but it was so foggy, road was wet and I didn't want to be late. I'm still trying to get one of a very funny scarecrow but it's probably gone by now and replaced by a witch! I do have a witch posted today, wish I youtubed her scream.

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 6:48:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

lol I love the skeletons!... I should post the big spider i animated long ago.. i post it each year because it creeps ME out ! LOL.. Gads 2 weeks and its Halloween and October is gone!!!!

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 7:10:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Bday to your sister !

I hope those decorations don't get stolen by tourists.

Those homeowners are more creative than those here in my neighborhood.

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 11:00:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

That first photo of the skeleton has 6 arms! It looks like they made him to resemble a spider. Creepy! I've got to repair our gargoyle. His papier mache body is disappearing. Not sure if something is eating it or what. Then I have to work on the new decorations for this year and I've got so much grading, house work and social events, plus throw in a little drama of crazy people and I'm not sure how I'm going to get anything done. I'm definitely going to have to bow out of a party or 2, there are 3 this weekend! It's tough when you live with a social butterfly. I'm still waiting for my hermit time, it never seems to come.

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 11:30:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Birthday Gene. Have a wonderful day and a just as wonderful year.
Wow, Halloween is almost here all ready. That was a really spooky looking skelton. I've never decorated but appreciate those who do.

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 11:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Halloween decorating is so much fun! I'm gonna have to post about the ones my husband did this year. :) I got a text message from my neighbor one night saying "Nice decorations!" Made my husband's night. :) :)

Happy birthday to your sister!

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 1:23:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I would like to say happy birthday to your sister, hope her special day was fun. I enjoyed looking at the decorated home, it sure had a lot outside, I just wonder what they have inside, thanks for sharing.

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 3:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

LoL! The Halloween decorations were very amusing and as you say, they tell you much about the owners. I think those black things are bats. As you probably know, Halloween isn't as big a dela in the UK as it is in the US.

Thanks for your visits. I'm still around but not very well atm, and before that I had many things going on. I really appreciate your popping by though and I hope that you and Sweetie are well.

Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 4:58:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

First of all, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sister Gene!

I will come back soon to read this Halloween post, because the weather here is very bad... so I will turn off the computer.

Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 11:42:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The Flats look inviting. I haven't decorated the outside of the house for Halloween in the past two years...but inside it can get a little "witchy" (so to speak). ;)

Great photos! I love the one of the skeleton on the lawn...very clever, as you say! It's inspiring me to get more creative before the 31st has come and gone.

A very happy birthday to your sister, Naomi! Love and hugs to you both!!

Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 5:13:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

We have a resident on our street that decorates their place like a Griswald! Ha!

Happy birthday to your Sis!

Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 7:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

**Spooky**

This year we are going to have Halloween for the first year, being in a country which actually celebrates it. (Australia does not). Monet is very much looking forward to 'trick or treating' in our street...

All those skeletons etc., freak me out.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 5:09:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I had no idea until I went to Party City with Noah that Halloween was such a big holiday. The things in there were unbelievable we walked up and down the aisles for almost an hours it was so much fun..

Great pictures and really nice things at the house.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 11:16:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love looking at Halloween decorations as much as Christmas lights!

I hope your sister had a fine birthday!

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 6:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Birthday to Gene.

I grew up in Whittier- the nicest residential area is Friendly Hills- we lived in what we jokingly referred to as Friendly Flats. I didn't know Beverly Hills had a Flats.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 6:47:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

you guys go all out for halloween...looks great..can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 6:58:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm s-s-s-sorry Naomi, I am so s-s-s-scared of all those s-s-s-scary Halloween monsters and s-s-s-skeletons that my hands are sh-sh-sh-shaking so much I can hardly type a comment! LOL

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 7:10:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

A late birthday wish to your dear sister with many more to come. You showed us a great artistic show of creepiness – these skeletons look very friendly to me.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 9:24:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Birthday, Gene!

I love all the skeletons and bats and witches, Naomi. I don't decorate much (outside) for Halloween, but inside is different!

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 9:33:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I can imagine that Hollywood is the cat's meow at Halloween, with all the special effects gurus lying about.

Cheers.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 4:44:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I don't celebrate Halloween, but the skeletons look like a lot of fun anyway!

Nice shots!

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 5:53:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

belated happy birthday wishes, gene! great photos, sugar! we'll be in the wine country on the 31th, so i'm looking forward to some hijinx! xoxox

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love those crazy skeletons. I need some of those, maybe the Thugs wouldn't bark at them or eat them! and Happy Birthday to your sister.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow my friend. some scary looking houses near you.. And yes a very Happy b-day to the Sister I missed reading.. I have been away the last few days.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 7:24:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Happy Birthday Gene!
Those pictures are really scary:)

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 12:20:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Seriously, those skeletons are freaking me out. (The flats, how simple it was to name things...)

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 9:08:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Well, a scary bunch of things you found about town Naomi!! I don't decorate for Halloween. I don't decorate for many holidays actually!! LOL

When you mention Beverly Hills I think of the Beverly Hillbillies!

I do hope your dear sister had a lovely birthday!

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 7:37:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.