Monday, November 09, 2009
boo "lunch" - part 3

It was time for our Lunch, so we went to the table and Will removed the plates so he could 'dish' up our wonderful lunch......I didn't take any pictures of our actual Lunch, but I can tell you we had a Vegetable Quiche and a lovely salad of Bib Lettuce, Pears, Gorgonzola Cheese and Caramelized Walnuts.....Plus, my very favorite bread---Croissants! You can see them in that little basket....And that empty plate? That is in front of Betty. I think she really liked her lunch....! I love that we never run out of things to say to one another....There is always interesting conversation and we never seem to bore one another for a moment.... I think it is pretty amazing! We've all known each other for so long, you would think we would have shared everything there is to share....but, the truth is, there are always new and interesting things to share.....For me, these lunches are so very meaningful. I get to see these great women---these 'Gal Pals'---and we all get to share the continuing 'friendship' each of us values so much. Since my life has changed so very much these last five years....getting together for these celebrations, whether they be Birthdays or in this case Halloween, is even more meaningful to me, and quite honestly, I think it is very meaningful for everyone. The opportunity to be together in a fun social way, seems to be important to all the ladies......Now...it's time for the Gift Bags....! There was a lot of stuff in these bags, including some Halloween Pencils...An abundance of candy of all sorts....and the two little stuffed animals which you saw close-up in the second installment of this "boo lunch" series....... There was an adorable Halloween Cup.....! And there were lots of other goodies, too...... This is a kind of Halloween Pumpkin Head that lights up and you can either hold it in your hand or wear it around your neck, or both! It flashes on and off and I thought it was such a cute item, as well as being very practical, if one were going to go out 'trick or treating'....All the Ladies loved them.....!They loved these Halloween Rubber Duckies and the wonderful Pumpkin shaped Halloween Bubble Blowers....Below, a closer look at the top of that Pumpkin Bubble holder....... He's kind of a ghoulish Frankenstein-looking kind of guy...lol! And some other goodies were in the Gift Bag, too...... There was a sweet little Halloween Yo Yo---A Mini Yo Yo, at that...And a darling Flashlight Key chain---I always try to put something practical in these bags....and an adorable Halloween Lollipop! I LOVE the swirly Halloween colors, don't you? And in case you didn't get a really good look----close-up----of those darling soft stuffed Halloween Animals....Here is the Kitty Cat. I love how they made his fur stand up in fright....! He is a black cat but with some colorful accents....And they did the same thing with the little Ghostie person...... A closer look at this sweet ghost's fur, below..... I think it is kind of cute that they gave him fur! These were a big hit! And then there was a very scary Halloween Skeleton..... We had a lot of fun with him....He is rather pliable and has some somewhat movable parts.....We put him in one of the cups... I love that he looks like he is stepping into the cup, or is he stepping out? Hmmmmm. And Seemah placed him in a strategic place...... And below, a close-up of him in the cup...he kind of looks like he is singing.....lol! And as you can see below, his arms move...... And then...each lady got a pair of Halloween Glasses....and here they are below....! These glasses came in three colors....As you can see above, Betty's were white with a little Ghost face in the middle....And below, Lee's were orange with a Pumpkin face in the center...... And then there is Bridget...... And then Seemah.....She looked pretty Spooky, didn't she? And actually, Dianne looked pretty scary, too...... And we did have a special Halloween dessert...A cake, decorated in Halloween colors......It wasn't as elaborate as usual---and I was surprised they didn't put 'Happy Halloween' on top. But, it was, as usual, scrumptious and very rich. Chocolate, of course........Is there another flavor?? LOL! And here is one last closer look at the group in our costumes..... Above....Seemah and Bridget. Below....Seemah, Bridget and me.....! And below, Dianne and Lee....... And next, we have me and Betty and Dianne...... And next......Betty, Dianne and Lee....... And last, but not least.....Me and Betty........ And that was our Halloween Ladies "Boo" Lunch.....And by the way, it was 90 year old Betty's idea that we all 'dress up' in costumes.....As I have said before, she is the youngest-at-heart of all of us!





More To Come...........









32 Comments:
had this to say:

I so love these lunches and you guys are all young at heart. Thanks for sharing. I hope to see a lot more of your friend Lee when AMC moves to L.A. next month.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 1:15:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Such lucky ladies to have you as a friend. In spite of your difficulties in getting around you are the catalyst behind all the organisation for the joyful get-togethers and every little detail is taken care of. What a wonder you are Naomi.
The food makes my mouth water - the gifts make me envious but most of all I miss that wonderful camaraderie that one has with one's oldest friends. Nobody does it better:)

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 1:43:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I don't think I have ever seen a Hallowe'en party with as many themed trinkets as you have managed with this one!!

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 2:53:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I loved all 3 of these posts, Naomi, and it's great fun to see what was in the goody bags!!

By now, I hope you have received mr. kenju's letter. Thanks again. We are going to frame the photo soon.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 5:04:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Been entertaining my own company so I haven't been around and am trying to catch up.
Wow, you all just amaze me with your playful natures and creative costumes. Funny how when you are faced with bubble blowers, 60 years seem to float off your body and you are a kid again. I love those things.
Looking forward to more to come.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 5:30:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I think the friendship you ladies share is wonderful. And I always look forward to seeing what is going to be in the goody bag!

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 5:52:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Just so you know, I would've fainted had Ms. Meriwether worn her Catwoman outfit from the old Batman days.

Sigh

Maybe next year at Halloween?

Cheers.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 6:36:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I agree with Deana, the friendship you all friends share is wonderful, priceless!

The menu looks delicious! Gorgonzola Cheese and Caramelized Walnuts... humm...yummy!
How fun are those bags, and the ghost's fur is so cute!
Really Naomi, I would LOVE to be there!

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 10:16:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

So fun! I love to see what you gal pals do - and the fun you all seem to share!

It certainly looks like there is a lot of love there...

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 1:25:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I am pretty jealous of those goody bags! LOL

My girlfriends and I are so far from one another. I really wish we could pull this off as often as you all do. Good friends are a hot commodity! :)

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 2:25:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

What a fun and fabulous Halloween luncheon! Who says one is too old for fun? Not me! Young at heard old friends can have a blast together. You gals sure did.

Loved all three of these posts.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 5:13:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

I would love to be a fly on the wall, or dust bunny in the corner and attend one of these lunches. It's so cool that you still know how to have fun and enjoy one another's company. I wish I had a group of friends like that nearby, alas, they're scattered all over the country. Thanks for sharing your day. It looked like so much fun.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 7:05:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

You and your friends are such darlings!!!! And the party is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 7:49:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm sure I've said this before, but it's worth repeating. I LOVE the little peek's into your life. I love your lunches and especially this one. It looks like so much fun.

What I get from looking at these photos is Love. I can see the love you all have for one another and it's a beautiful thing to see.

Keep up the good work and keep posting. And Happy Belated Halloween!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 12:06:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love Betty for telling everyone to dress up!.. she is so precious! I need some of what ever it is that Betty has!

You have such a wonderful time when you are together...I am happy for you that you have such fantastic friends Naomi!!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 5:17:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

That looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing. That cake looks really good.. Next year if we are still with the church we are with I am going to have to make little goodie bags for the kids if there are enough kids. They are trying to build a church here in town and not getting to far with getting people to go to there church..

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 8:23:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

There is something wonderful about being with a group of friend---it's like coming home each time you get together. Pretty special.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 10:21:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I so enjoy seeing your luncheon pictures, Naomi! What please me so much is the friendships and genuine love that always come through the lense. I hope I am that fortunate! xoxoxo

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 12:47:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

You all look like you had so much fun! I love all the attention to details too. Everything looks so perfect, and it always seems bright and light in your photos.

So are you planning your next event together?

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 2:14:00 PM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

I was sure I had been over yesterday and yes - my comment is there.
It is very quiet. I suspect everybody is twittering except you and I:)

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 3:40:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi, I just LOVE that crazy blue wig you wore. Hilarious!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 9:14:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Always something new to look forward too and it brings on alot of surprises for me to see what's in the goodie bags and you never failed to put a smile on my face Naomi :D

So much fun....Ahhhhh..I wanna join in ya :D

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 11:28:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I just can't believe that Betty is 90 yo. She looks younger than that! I love the goody bags and the goodies inside. What a wonderful lunch as usual and I wish I was there.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 3:59:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You guys had soooo much fun!

And you always have the yummiest food!

I love love love your blue hair :)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 4:17:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I just got all caught up on you here! What a great party and I love how everyone was dressed up!

The Halloween decorated house I told you about? I couldn't get a good photo! I stopped twice in the day and people were always outside and I felt stalkery walking up to take a photo and then went back at night and that didn't work either!

They decorate for Thanksgiving (usually) too. It is my mission to get a picture!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 7:38:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Just a bunch of girls at play! My favorite picture is the one with you in it. I think it's the best composition of color and fun. I love Betty's wig and your blue one!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 8:24:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

We don't stop playing because we are old, we are old when we stop playing. (Somebody important said that...)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 8:42:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Any excuse to get together right? ANd why not - you are an awesome group of good friends and obviously enjoy each other's company!

Love those goodie bags!!

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 12:02:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You have THE BEST friends and THE BEST lunches!

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 7:21:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

So much fun!!!! I love your halloween scarf Naomi, I bought one right before Halloween too!

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 9:28:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

did you finish the photo's of the ladies halloween party??

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 4:55:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I can't believe I'm so slow getting here! What a fun time you had at your lunch. I'm so glad you get together with your friends to do these lunches!!

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 9:10:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.