Saturday, August 15, 2009
seemah's birthday lunch - part 4

And here----finally----is The Birthday Cake! As Will brought it in we all sang 'Happy Birthday To You', of course.....Seemah loves that fabulous Lemon Cake so that's what I got for her...... I thought those curly-cue candles were just darling! This cake is one of the most scrumptious cakes I have ever eaten---that isn't chocolate, I mean.....lol! I love this next series of pictures....Starting with this one, below...... And then Seemah started to blow.......! And then........ Oooops! LOL! Seemah was a bit dismayed.....But then....... All was right with the world! Way up in the right hand corner of the picture above, you can just see Will's hand and in it, there was a plate of Brownies....We have to have our Chocolate at these lunches, too, you know.....Some of us cannot get through the day without our chocolate....! After we finished our cake and brownies, we stayed at the table for a bit longer, lingering over Coffee.....I was looking at the Cups I chose for our coffee---this one below is part of a whole set of dishes...... My mother gave me this beautiful set after I moved into my house back in 1964.....I think it is so very pretty..... We were all just chatting-it-up and digesting our delicious lunch as we slowly sipped our lovely coffee, before retiring to the Living Room...... Above, is another Cup and Saucer I used for our Ladies Who Lunch...This is a beautiful Royal Worcester pattern that I first saw at The Lanesborough Hotel in London, when I was there in 1993....I have slowly acquired somewhat of a small set....only six of whatever I was able to buy over time.....Right next to this pretty cup is the little 'creamer' from that set of dishes my mother gave me. I do love beautiful China...... I thought this was such a sweet picture of Lee and Seemah.....they had put their "Crowns" Back on and I asked them to move closer together....And I liked this picture of Jacquie, too..... Will gave us all a little more coffee......... And then, we moved back into the Living Room so Seemah could open her presents..... Everybody kind of settled in.....Lee went back to where she had been before Lunch, only this time she was kind of languishing on this wonderful chair.....And Kim, sat on the other one of these lounges, right across from Lee..... And Seemah sat on the couch---right in the middle, because the light is really good there for me to take pictures...... Seemah had said she really didn't want any presents, but that if people wanted to do something she would love for them to give a contribution to The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America....This is the charity she supports because her daughter Ellen died of Crohn's Disease in 2001......So, everyone was more than happy to do just that...... This was such a pretty card....I wanted to get a closer look at it..... The Feather was three dimensional---I mean it was a real Feather---as was the little Pearl right underneath it---no, it wasn't the "real thing" from as Oyster, but a faux Pearl....this was from Lee..... This was the card that I gave to Seemah with my gift enclosed.....Here below, a closer look at the card, which is a picture of a flower from my Cactus Garden that I took. This flower only blooms for one day, once a year, so you have to catch it on that day----or wait for a year.....! Also, you can really see the "Crown Ring" on Seemah's finger in this picture....I cannot get over how good these little silly rings look! This beautiful card above was from Kim and it came with these very very pretty earrings, below...... They are really beautiful Cloisonne and on both sides, too, which is unusual....I love that the card was in the shape of a Butterfly, too......Then...... I knew this bag was from Dianne because of the decorative Hearts all over it---these were in our Gift Bags for my Birthday and again, for Seemah's Gift Bags too....one can never have too many Heart Sticker's....lol! In the bag.....a little bottle of perfume, along with Dianne's contribution to CCFA.....I believe she said this scent was from Victoria's Secret....And why not! And a special card from Jacquie.....She always finds the best Birthday Cards...... And it came with this very pretty yet practical gift...... It's a little Post It Note Dolphin Stand...... A somewhat closer look at this very cute item. You stand it on your desk and clip the little post it at the top, to remind you of some chore you have to do, or a phone number, or address.....And here below a really close look at The Dolphin....... Isn't that just the cutest thing you ever saw? The Dolphin has kind of become the Ladies Who Lunch Ladies mascot.....We seem to have some Dolphin items each time we celebrate, these days. So here above is the very happy Birthday Girl at the end of her "Day". And so another Ladies Who Lunch Birthday Celebration bites the dust....A great time was had by all, and until next time.....(Kim's Birthday in September......) we will all play with our little Gift Bag Goodies and enjoy the memory of a lovely afternoon........






More To Come........


















33 Comments:
had this to say:

you ladies just have too much fun!! I so love your pictures and that you share with us your precious moments together.. thank you Naomi.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 4:10:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

And the word is memory those are the jewels of our lives and so few have the ability to amass memories. Mine are priceless and I keep making more as I see you do as well.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 5:18:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Love the card "Maturity Rules" lol!

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 6:20:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

love the dolphin note card holder, very clever. And that angel card is nifty!

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 8:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Lovely in every way, including the lovely ladies! What a wonder are friends!!

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 9:17:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Another end of another series of posts dedicated to the 'Ladies who Lunch'. Awesome. Thanks for sharing - I so love these series you do...

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 11:04:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

you sure are blessed to have such good friends! your ladies who lunch posts are always "smile worthy" ones! that should be a blog award in the making "smile worthy" ... !

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 12:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You got some really good photos of the women this time; the last one of Seemah is just beautiful (she has such a lovely smile) and the one of she and Lee is good too. I love the crown rings and the dolphin is really cute and useful.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 1:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I would suggest you consider taking up a job catering parties as you do such a wonderful job, but your parties are so special because you know each other so well and know what will bring delight.
Just so glad we get to be silent guests.
Seemah has great taste, I adore lemon cake.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 3:26:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

OH, I love your birthday posts....they just sing with joy. Happy birthday Seemah.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 6:39:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Seemah is absolutely stunning as are all the ladies. What a great group you have! (And I'm glad I've had the chance to see many of these talented dames on the stage.)

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 8:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I've been away on vacation so have missed some of your posts, but I'm back now, and catching up with all the news!
You lovely ladies certainly know how to party hearty when there's a birthday involved! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Love the little dolphin note holder.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 6:21:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Lingering over food and drink in long, relaxed conversations with friends has to be heaven on Earth.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 11:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a lovely Birthday, Naomi! I would love to be there with you all...
Those curly candles were so nice... and the cake... humm... looks delicious!
Really, you got some amazing photos. And your house is very pretty, too!Thanks for sharing!
I am looking forward to the next Ladies Who Lunch. Lol!

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 12:04:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Seemah is stunnning isn't she? Your photos are all beautiful and there is so much to comment on in this post Naomi.

1. The birthday candles are great -and as I am not a chocolate lover (I know how strange is that) I would really like this cake I think.

2. The photo of Seemah - you really captured a magic moment there.

3. And the china - the set your mother gave you is just gorgeous - love the pattern. My grandmother used to give me china as a teenager and I turned my nose up at it. Now, I love collecting it but its so much better when it has a personal story attached. I am sure every time you use this set you think of your mother. You could write a few blog posts on your china stories alone.

4. The card you gave Seemah is so precious. It flowers one day a year? Oh my that would cause some excitement when that happens. Did you make the card yourself Naomi? Very clever and personal and something she will treasure I am sure.

5. I looked at Seemah's ring and thought it was really lovely and then read what it really was - who needs diamonds when you can get these rings, lol!

You do everything with style Naomi and it says a lot about you. I still cannot get over what wonderful women you all are. And so photogenic and beautiful. I am telling you what a movie it would make - The women who lunch. Hope you had a restful weekend.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 4:20:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi! What a lovely time you had!! I'll bet that cake was yummy even if it wasn't chocolate!! LOL!
The only kind I won't eat is any with coconut in it. I don't like that stuff!

I love the china! So very pretty!

Great pictures of everyone and some really cute cards!!

Your furniture looks very comfy too!! :)

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 7:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Honestly, You are the greatest host and your photos capture the very essence of your parties. How fortunate your friends are to have you in their lives

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 7:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Just lovely!

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 8:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

As always, a symphony of visual delights!

I adored the cactus flower card -- I'd buy that one if it were for sale. The rarity makes it even more special.

And that lovely china with the blackberries on it. I love anything at all with blackberries -- they remind me so much of the south of England and also Washington State, two places we have spent much time in and love dearly.

But the biggest visual delight of all is Seemah's smile. What a lovely lady. As are you all.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 8:11:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I've been out of town so I got to read these in a row. I really love reading your LWL posts. They always make me happy. I love your creativity in the fun gifts and all the little details including your lovely china. It's interesting that in the past I always thought that everyone looked so serious in the pictures but after what you said about everyone actually listens to each other, I get it now: they are listening. And I think that's the best gift you can give someone. You are one lucky lady to have such a great set of friends.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 11:30:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

I've been waiting all week for that lemon cake. Those lucky ladies!
All the goodies are delightful and there are always many things of beauty to look at in your house. Such a delight.
I notice the birthday girl's lipstick was immaculate after lunch.
That's class!

Monday, August 17, 2009 at 1:14:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I'm catching up, having been otherwise occupied for a few days.

I second the recommendation for the Crohn's charity, as I've had it since 1972. The charity has done a lot to support research and the disease is quite treatable now, as opposed to years ago, when it was often misdiagnosed leading to all sorts of complications.

BTW, after dinner coffee should always be taken in the living room with cups and saucers; no mugs. I commend you, dear.

Cheers.

Monday, August 17, 2009 at 11:25:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Am sorry I missed the last 2 posts, Naomi. We've had a lot going on this week. And I am so glad you had a joyous time with the ladies. :-)
xox

Monday, August 17, 2009 at 6:02:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

First of all, I ADORE your dishes! They're beautiful. It makes you want to drink tea or coffee nonstop.

Seemah's series of photos are hilarious and fun!! I really like that you always include chocolate in your celebrations. The cake looks beautiful and delicious, but I will never say no to a side of brownies! ;)

The card of the flower from your cactus garden is beautiful, btw. I can't believe how wonderful (and clear) your close-ups turn out. You have a special gift for photography, Naomi!

The crowns, the dolphin note holder and all the other goodies (including the wonderful donation to her daughter's charity)...I'm sure she loved it all! Look at her smile! :)

Monday, August 17, 2009 at 7:49:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hello Naomi! Beautiful set of pictures again. I can't help but just adore the lovely cake. I like those wavy candles. They look so fancy!

You lovelies know how to hold an awesome party!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 2:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Sounds so wonderful. I dont know enough girls to do this with.. LOL... I know a few but not many..

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 5:31:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, your reports from your wonderful parties for very special friends and beloved ones really, still make me wordless. It's overwhelming the kind of true friendship and memories you present.
Everybody have something to learn from this.
And I must admit: You are all still very charming. Ladies papa's style;-))

Btw. My last post is from the exceptional Place Stanislas and Nancy at Daylight.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 11:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You guys always have so much fun!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 3:16:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

That photo looks like Seemah is about to sneeze on the cake! lol

I love those shaped candles they look great. You all look like you had a wonderful time together again! You are blessed to have such a special set of friends, and they are blessed to have you too!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 5:37:00 PM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

You throw the most lovely birthday parties... fun and the food... oh, my! Thanks for sharing.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 7:22:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a fine time you had! Thank you for sharing it!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 8:36:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi,
A beautiful post with gorgeous photos.
Really enjoyed reading it very much.
Love,
Herrad

Friday, August 21, 2009 at 6:34:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The candles look bonkers! Brilliant!

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 9:29:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.