Saturday, July 11, 2009
ladies who lunch-part 4

Isn't this a darling Cat? This card was from Kim. The card itself had these words printed inside: "See---The more gray hair you have the cuter you look!"....Very sweet and some very sweet personal words from dear Kim, who had just returned from New York.....Hopefully she will stay till Thanksgiving, as she did last year.... And staying with the Feline Theme.....this sweet little card above was from Dianne.....And she had just returned from Ireland. Holland and Munich, Germany, where her dear darling husband, Mark, has been teaching and doing Seminars for Film Students....Mark is a fantastic Director and teaches all over the world....And sometimes Dianne gets to go with him---this was one of those times..... And the third of the Cat Cards came from Jacquie Sue (Scott, that is...). I hope you can read what it says.....It is one of those cards that does something when you open it up...... In this case.....it "Meowed" a lot.....lol! It was very funny and the words from Jacquie were really touching to me....No one has ever called me The Birthday Fairy before......And then, the last card....... Oh, ain't it the truth! LOL...Then inside it said....... Do click on it so you can read what it said--especially on the left side there......Something I didn't expect at all----The Ladies took care of the Lunch and dear Will....! It was a truly wonderful generous surprise from everyone which I so very much appreciated and particularly because it was 'consumable'....lol! And though I said 'no presents', there were two tiny little keepsakes with Dianne's card.... These adorable little Dutch shoes, which is a little magnet for my 'collection'. She got these in Holland just a few weeks before....And they are very sweet...... And here it is.....now a part of my magnet collection.....And below, a closer look at it's place over there on the left side......A little closer look at it's 'home'.....Don't they look cute? And the other little gift Dianne brought me from her trip was this wonderful tiny dear Heart, below..... It's this lovely unfinished metal Heart that is about one half inch, all around. It is really really sweet and I put it in a little special dish that I keep in my bedroom so it doesn't get lost.....Then....Jacquie opened her presents..... She wasn't expecting that, at all...but she did seem very very pleased that people had brought her some goodies! That was a little Candle Holder from Bridget, which came with some extra candles....Very Very pretty...... I cannot remember if that was Bridget's Card to Jacquie or maybe Kim's.....Oh Dear. Well, whoever it was from, it was delightful to all of us! Above, a darling little Ladybug Pin that Kim gave to Jacquie....Do you know that Ladybugs are good luck? Well, they are.....Here below, a closer look at that very pretty pin..... I loved this pin....I am a lover of Ladybugs....Jacquie loved it, too.....I didn't have anything for Jacquie that day, because I had given her, her Birthday present a few weeks before. I gave Jacquie and her husband Gene, two tickets to Betty's 90th Birthday Bash....They Loved It! Dianne brought Jacquie a little Dutch Shoe Box, all the way from Holland, and it was filled with delicious hard candies also from Holland....Betty had left her present for Jacquie at home, by mistake...So, she said she would get it to her later....Then Seemah & Annie gave Jacquie their present, and it was in this beautiful bag....!I loved all the colorful decoration on the outside of the bag.....Here below is a closer look at those wonderful decorations.... Isn't that pretty and imaginative? Inside was this beautiful special Rigaud Candle! They are the most beautiful candles I've ever smelled, and very 'dear' as we use to say---i.e. Expensive (lol).......I have one that has been here in my house for over twenty years....I just burn it very occasionally and very sparingly, too---it lasts 50 hours....Mine is Green, and it has the deepest most wonderful aroma of Cypress....Mine was a gift, too, from a lovely gentleman....... Believe it or not.....Bridget had brought some Birthday gifts for Dianne on that day, too.....Bridget had somehow missed Dianne's Birthday back in March....I think it was because her Grandchild had just been born.... Yes, we are a bawdy bunch.....! And inside that box were these very colorful candies....! Do click on that picture above so you can see what that actually says.....Like I said, we are a bawdy bunch and we love it! Bridget had given Dianne her real gift, too....... These are Lavender Relaxing Bath Salts...'because making waves every day is exhausting'....lol...That is what the card said that comes with this pretty jar....Dianne was very happy with her gifts.

Okay. I have teased you long enough.....the next post----the final post of this l-o-n-g Birthday Series "Ladies Who Lunch", tells all....The list, the change of clothing, etc., etc., etc......





More To Come, Indeed........














29 Comments:
had this to say:

well i know i won't be the only one to admit that the "good news/ bad news" card is soooooo true! lol it's a horrid thought lol but if we don't laugh about it we will cry!

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 4:40:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You're tiring me out with your descriptions of all the crazy fun the ladies had at the Birthday party! What a good time!

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 5:36:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Really Good to see your having such great time and got so many wonderful gifts and cards from your lovely friends. You really deserve this lovely vibrations Naomi.

I remember I had one of those Dutch shoes when young. We bought it when the family was on a car trip through Europe. They where very popular in Norway too :-)

Happy Weekend dear blog friend!

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 7:44:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I'll refrain from commenting about the "flab" birthday pronouncement. However, I will say, I actually owned a pair of wooden shoes made in Amsterdam. Believe it or not, they're more comfortable than you might imagine and very handy if you get in a street fight.

Cheers.

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 7:51:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The cards would have been enough for me. Just wonderful. Loved the grey cat. If that is true, I am precious.
You all go to such lengths to get just the right gifts. There is so much thought involved.
You can tell your feelings run deep.
Waiting for part 5

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 8:03:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I think you 'Ladies who lunch' are brilliant!

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 10:28:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I look at your photos and see lots of fun and laughter. That's what birthdays should be all about. We'll ignore the aging thing - although the cards were so funny and cute. Looking forward to part 5.

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 5:00:00 PM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Oh it looks like it was so much fun! I love the gray kitty. I rescued a feral cat one time that looked very much like this one. A friend of mine agreed to adopt him and we decided on the name "Powder" for him because he really looked like a black cat that had gotten into some baby powder or something.

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 5:58:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love all the presents; your little Dutch clogs are so cute. I look forward to the last post and the secrets!!

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 6:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I know I have enjoyed reading your 4 parted birthday!! yes, you celebrate it with all the bells and whistles...you deserve it!!!! what wonderful friends you have up there in the Hills! As my Irish cousins say, you all are good "craic" ( pronounced crack, meaning good fun not good drugs!! hehehe!)

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 7:20:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I first thought you got a gray cat for your birthday. I'm totally going to track down one of those candles.

You guys (ladies) have so much fun. I had fun reading your comments on my blog tonight. I love it when ou visit!

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 8:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The change of clothing? Were you all playing strip poker? ;)

Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 9:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I always enjoy reading your party notes! It's just great! And I love that you're a bunch of bawdy broads!

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 3:18:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

That is a very thoughtful gift of the girls to stand the lunch and shows how much they care about you.
I was delighted to see on the magnet board that the UK is well represented with our buses, telephone kiosks, Union Jack, British Grenadiers and letter boxes. I also spotted Aids ribbons.
One could spend happy hours just looking at your walls. But this is the next best thing:)

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 7:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

This post was such a treat! (Especially for someone who adores cats ... sadly, I can't have one myself due to allergies in the family. But I love them.)

I can almost smell the Rigaud candle. What fragrance was it? My favorite is the orange blossom.

Naomi, you are blessed in your friends -- what lovely ladies -- thanks for sharing them and your celebration with us!

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 8:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Love all the cards and the photos.

It's cool to see everyone having such a great time.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 10:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Noooo, you did it again!! When I first saw Part 4 I thought, wonderful, I'll finally get to know what that list was all about....but noooo, NOT YET! You really know how to keep us in suspense, my friend!

How sweet that you were treated for lunch in your own home. What fantastic friends you have! I also love your magnet collection and the feline cards, especially the gray kitty.

I agree, you are a naughty, bawdy bunch, and I love it!! I can't wait for part 5!

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 2:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

This is so grand and I love the gifts my aunt use to collect magnets as well. Joe (my husband use to bring her one home from every trip) for many years and she loved every single magnet as they each had a different story which Joe would tell her. Keep on celebrating...and living and loving life.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 4:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Looks like you guys spoil each other ... so much fun!

I'm jealous of the bath salts.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 5:07:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I am wetting my pants over the covering boobs---STOP!! PS I LOVE gray/white hair, always have. Meow.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 7:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Thank you for teaching a new generation about real friendship.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 7:14:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I feel as know I was sitting there with all the ladies celebrating your Birthday ;D

I didn't know you collect magnets too but now I know :)

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 9:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I just loved all those cat cards!! I have a ladybug pin that my brother got me a few years back. They are cute!

I'm looking forward to the last part!!!

How lovely and sweet that they treated you!!

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 9:45:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

The gifts are cute! I love those candies from Bridget. I have never seen candies like those and if I'll get my hands on those I will never eat them. Just put them on display!

Monday, July 13, 2009 at 1:06:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You had some wonderful cards with some lovely sentiments and fun too!

I just love your fridge magnet collection. I have some myself which I must share sometime. I know I would liek to hear more about yours. I am sure there are some stories there :)

Monday, July 13, 2009 at 4:56:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Just finished reading all 4 parts - I love the attention that was spent on making your party so delightful! What a fantastic group all y'all are! I'm really looking forward to part 5 when all will be revealed! xoxo

Monday, July 13, 2009 at 5:47:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi Naomi, that pic. of the little gray baby, am loving him. But like all babies, they grow up and turn into teenagers. So pic is the best. :)

Hope this finds you feeling better. Thinking of you
Pat from NY

Monday, July 13, 2009 at 8:51:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It looks like you all had such fun. Lovely gifts and lovely ladies to share their time together.

Monday, July 13, 2009 at 5:22:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

So very fun! The kitty cards and the gifts -- what wonderful memory making you guys did.

You can see how very much they love you, just by looking in your ladies' eyes in the pictures that were taken. :)

Monday, July 20, 2009 at 9:28:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.