Friday, July 24, 2009
peony beauty

This is a very close look of this, below....... And the above is a closer look at this, below...... And here, below, are some other close views of this very beautiful flower. These were a part of the two Birthday Flower Arrangements, along with the Roses and some other very exquisite flowers......Here is a very lovely closer look at some of the petals of this flower.... What I love is....You can see a slight little tinge of the deep dark red that looks like it got splashed there by some kind of paint...See it? Waaaaay up at the tippy top of the picture...slightly right-of-the-middle as we look at it......But besides that...look at how delicate those petals are....so very soft....my, my my........ And I love this one, too....Again...just a hint of that deep dark red...here and there.....what is that all about, pray tell? Oh My, indeed....! Here is a closer look at the exquisite beauty of this bit of color, up against the white of those gorgeous soft sensuous petals.....Look at that color! Just look! Or should I say colors? And look at this, above....More color, just thrown there by God's Paint Brush....like a bit of a Jackson Pollack painting---Well, not really, But....maybe that's where he got his ideas. That's where most people get their ideas.....they get them from nature. Above....a closer look from a slightly different point of view.....More color....What is this all about? What is the message here people? What is God trying to tell us? I think he/she is trying to tell us that Nature is the only thing that is real. That Nature is the only thing that is constant and "real"...... That Nature is the only thing we can trust, in every way. The flowers, the Plants, The Animals, The Insects, The Fish......These are what Nature/God, created. Where we came from----I don't know. Only God knows. But what I do know is this: Nature gives us everything we need to stay alive---that is what nature does. Oh! How beautiful is that? Oh My. Like a bleeding heart. Like A Bleeding Heart. I swear I have painted these flowers in some abstract kind of a way in the past----I truly have.....Awesome. Nature is awesome. And I am deeply deeply in awe....... That Nature survives in spite of us is the true Miracle....We are systematically destroying everything that Nature has created.....

Polar Bears...ENDANGERED to the point of being almost extinct, to name just one thing we are destroying. (What the hell is wrong with us?) Why can't we see what we are doing? Why is it so very many people don't care or even believe that this is what we are doing?

Well, I pray that we wake up and see what we are doing before the Beautiful Peony and all these other flowers below are gone.......And all the other things of Nature, too, includimg the beautiful dear Polar Bear......






More To Come........












25 Comments:
had this to say:

You know I love your flower reports and the way you describes it and the way you document it - it's very exotic to see these as outdoors flowers for a Norwegian you know!

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work Naomi :-)

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 4:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The splash of red on the white looks like raspberry ripple ice cream! delicious!

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 5:30:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

God also created beautiful people too, it's just a shame how they try to destroy nature.

Beautiful photoa, as always. :)

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 6:21:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Not sure if I've ever told you this, but Peonies are my absolute favorite flower. They bring me right back to my childhood. My great grandparents grew bushes of them in their yard and I was fascinated by the scent- so enchanting. Lovely photos Noami!

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 6:35:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

It's obviously "Botany Week" here in the Blogiverse.

Well done, as always.

Cheers.

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 6:54:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Your photos make me realize I am way too casual in my apprecitation of flowers. Those are beautiful pictures, looking more like they have sprung from an artist's brush than from an artist's camera.
So well done.

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 8:46:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

One very beautiful flower

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 4:14:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

what beautiful photos, Naomi. Each grain of sand has beauty. Thanks for sharing

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 7:04:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

These close ups always soothe my soul.
I believe that man should love and respect nature. That the best creations of man are collaborations with it.
But I do not put my faith in nature. Her ways are often cruel. I am not always comfortable with the changes she decrees- however I do bow to her ultimate wisdom. I don't like earthquakes- but I love mountains. Flashfloods frighten- but the majesty of grand canyons cannot exist with out the pain God allows her to inflict upon the earth.

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 9:02:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hey Naomi, thank you so much for the visit to my blog, I seem to have some trouble posting that's why there is a long absence.

I am fine & well, just busy to visit blog buddies, I'll get round to it soon :)

Thank you for brightening me up with your beautiful post :D

Love to Seemah!!!! Tell her I met Christine today at City Hall :D

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 2:21:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

I think it is wonderful how you capture the flower's ephemeral beauty. They truly do look good enough to eat.
I had my first peony this year. It had a sort of canker and was a great disappointment. Maybe next year.

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 2:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Gorgeous photos of the peonies and deep thoughts about nature. I agree with you totally

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 8:11:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

OMG your thoughts with the flowers went with my walk today when I smelled the early morning grass and trees listened to the birds and was so grateful to be alive and feeling so empowered and free to just be me.

Mother nature is so kind to us with the paintings they grace us with and you my friend, repaint them with your pictures and give us another chance to live and love them.

Hugs, hugs and more hugs to a lady so filled with life and able to share with us your glory..

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 8:36:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful photos of such a beautiful flowers, Naomi! They looks like a painting!

Have a nice weekend!

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 9:26:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Shrinks would have a field day with me and Rorschach Tests, those first two photos are positively XXX rated!

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 2:41:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Just catching up on all your posts! Loved the 5th installment of the ladies who lunch and these gorgeous photos, sugar. I'm tempted to try my hand at growing peonies or buying them more often! xoxox

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 4:52:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

There is a continuation of life and such beauty in nature...it's constant and it never disappoints. God knew what he was doing when he created the world and all the beautiful flowers, plants and greenery that decorate it. I'm with you there!

PS - The photos, as usual, come alive, and I especially like the white with the tinge of red. Amazing!

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 8:06:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love how you can coax so many photos out of the same flower, Naomi.
The peony is exquisite and the aroma is heavenly.

Be sure to see my photos today and probably tomorrow too, of the wedding flowers this weekend.

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 8:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, your latest flower photos are stunningly erotic! I love them! You have captured their awakening strength as well as their delightful delicateness with such clarity. Vibrantly!

Peonies are one of my favourite flowers. When they are at their peak in my garden, they always draw attention away from the other flowers with their boldness.

I could see your pictures enlarged and adorning a wall in an art gallery.

Sunday, July 26, 2009 at 3:16:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi,
Thanks for your nice words about Fernando's photos of clotheslines. Yes, he took many photos of clotheslines in Venice.

Have a nice Sunday!
Big hugs to you and to Sweetie too!

Sunday, July 26, 2009 at 7:36:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love the peonies! They are so pretty, but they don't last very long. That is also true of many other lovely flowers, like the daffodils and tulips as well!! So we have to enjoy them while we can and I guess that makes them even more special!

I hate it that people destroy so much of the earth and the creatures. It's very sad. Can you imagine all the stuff that's in landfills??

Nature is lovely in so many ways and you capture it so well with your wonderful photos!!! Hugs!!

Sunday, July 26, 2009 at 7:14:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love to smell the peony. I think it is one of my favorites because of that wonderful wonderful smell!

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 10:28:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Oceanwve
had this to say:

Looking at your beautiful photos is a highlight of my daily blog readings. If I'm not mistaken, the peony is Festiva Maxima. The aroma is breathtaking.

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 2:35:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wooow, look at that bouquet of wonderful and colorful flowers, from which you have created fantasy paintings.

btw. as you know, we are now in France, and I will only from time to time have internet connection, but I'll do my best to comment and post.

Lst Night we watched the most spectacular show I've ever seen, outdoor - living art made frm light on the Town Hall of Nancy in Northern France. We will go back this evening, and I'll try to take some quality photos.

Monday, July 27, 2009 at 10:40:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh yes! I love that little pink petticoat tinge!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 5:43:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.