Sunday, December 11, 2005



TRUTH TIME


So I said I wanted to put the fun back in my blogging life, and I surely did with the Liar Liar Pants On Fire post.....

There was a great response to this and I urge you all to try it cause it really is fun....so, now, after being so very patient, here are the facts!

Almost one third of you voted for one answer, and the rest were pretty much divided evenly between the other three. So....

#3, was the answer that most people gave as the lie.......The affair with the NFL Football Star, remember?....Well, dear readers, you were wrong! And, it actually was much more than an affair, and though it was a very long time ago, this was very much not the lie....And as some of you may have noticed...I am a very private person when it comes to certain things....and remember, I've only been doing this blogging deal since October....so, I'm not excatly comfortable yet sharing certain things, and I have never been one to kiss and tell, (I consider myself extremely discreet....),anyway....so, suffice it to say, I fell in love with this very beautiful man and was pretty much obssessed with him for over two years....we did have some very wonderful times together, but alas...it was never going to be more than it was....

What was interesting to me about some people's logic was: they didn't see how I might even know a Famous Football player....well, I certainly can understand that, but dear readers, he was and is much more than a football player....he always was an Artist first, and he played professional football because he was very good at it and it paid the bills and subsidized his art. And by the way, he retired as soon as he could afford to do so....And Dak-Ind, he was a Ram,
but it was way over 20 years ago. And just on a very lovely note: he was and is one very handsome sexy man! So, the majority of you got that one wrong! And by the way, no name will be forthcoming...


The next most popular answer was #4- The Dead Body. And yes, I actually did find a dead body...and this was a really really long time ago! It's a long story and I'll tell more of it some other time, but for now, here's the bare bones; I was traveling with my mother and we had stayed at a small Summer Hotel near Stroudsburg, Pa. just on edge of the Pocono's, for just one night. We had parked the car in this little 5 car garage, which belonged to the Hotel and was right their on the property, but was a seperate building entirely. That next morning when we were leaving, we saw that the door to the garage space next to ours was open, and I just couldn't help but look in....when I did I saw right away that there was no car inside, but that there, on the floor was this very neat blanket, and as I moved where I could see more of the banket, I then saw that there was this man lying on top of the blanket. He was lying on his left side in a slightly fetel position, and he was very very still.....and in fact, on closer inspection, it was pretty obvious that he looked like he was dead. And he was in fact dead, having killed himself early that morning, shooting himself in the temple. That was a pretty gruesome and traumatic discovery, to say the least.

The least popular answer, but just by a tiny bit, was #2-The Brassiere.
That I took my brassiere of in a play, is also true. Yes, I did indeed have to take my Brassiere off in a play and as a matter of fact, I was the first woman to ever do that on the stage of The Mark Taper Forum, at the famed The Los Angeles Music Center.
It was not in any way gratuitous nudity or I do not think I could have done it. It was a very important part of the play and it was there to illustarate the sexual wanderings of a husband's mind during a small dinner party of just three couples, where the husband of the main character named Lenore Adler, imagines the two other women at the dinner table are disrobing and then that the three of them, (the two woman and L.A.'s husband, that is,) are having a three-way orgiastic thingy on the floor, and this ALL happens in his mind, (but is illustrated by the actors....) and all the while they all continue to talk about the salad and the main course, etc, as if everyone is still eating dinner at the dinnertable, which in fact the other three characters---Lenore, and the two other husband's---still are!...It was a really wonderful play called L.A. Under Seige, by a brilliant writer named Mayo Simon. And because the play took place in Los Angeles, the title had the double meaning of Lenore Adler and Los Angeles, too.

So, now you know, dear people, that the lie here was Marilu Henner giving me my kitty. No, she did not. But she could have, because she is my next door neighbor. But here's the best part of this whole story, another next door neighbor DID give me my kitty Mooney. This neighbor lived in the same house as Marilu lives in now, before Marilu of course, and he and his wife were the most wonderful neighbors and truly the dearest sweetest people I've ever had as neighbors, ever ever! They were just sweet dear peope, period!
I remember the first day I met him; my doorbell rang and I went to see who it was, and when I opened the door there stood this incredibly dashing looking attractive man who said, "Hi, I'm Pierce Brosnan, and I'm your new neighbor, and I just wanted to introduce myself....".
He proceeded to write down his wife's name as well as his, and his phone number, on a pad he was carrying "....just in case you ever need anything...."; what a lovely lovely man....what a lovely lovely couple. And when my 20 1/2 year old cat was dying, Pierce came over to see her....I'll never forget the sweetness of that gesture...and the day after she died, the Brosnan's two older kids brought this darling little kitty over to me, which was such a thoughtful and feeling thing to do. It was and still is, deeply touching to me.



Eventually Cassie became quite ill with Ovarian Cancer and they moved to the beach in Malibu....I truly missed them a lot! It wasn't that we were in each others face all the time...not at all. It was just knowing that he had made that very first gesture towards me and to other neighbors too... right after they moved in...and he lived up to that first gesture like the very dear gentleman that he is.....and you knew, that if anything came up, you could call on them, and they would be there.


Here is Mooney!

I ran into Pierce in a restaurant a couple of years after they had moved to Malibu and after Cassie had died. He couldn't have been more gracious. Among other things he asked after Mooney.."How's Maugey?" And I said 'Oh...no her name is Mooney'....and he said, "Yes I know, but Maugey is the Irish name for Cat."
How dear is that? And how dear is Miss Moon?

So there it is my fellow bloggers...do try this one, it is a whole lot of fun!







51 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

WHAT an awesome post this was! You lead such an interesting life! And I'm so proud that I guessed right...lol! Pierce Brosnan *sigh* I had the biggest crush on him when he was Remington Steele. Those eyes.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 10:32:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Ha, I was right, kind of!

Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 10:39:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

WOW!! Pierce Brosnan is still one of the handsomest (is that a word?) men on the planet! How neat. He is also such a very nice human being. As you so clearly illustrated.

You have led the most inetersting life. I would love to have the opportunity to sit and talk with you sometime!

Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 10:41:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm glad I came back. I was so wrong, but what great stories! You seem to have a very interesting life.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 10:43:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

hi just stopping in for a read

Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 11:04:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Okay,OOLofH,wazzup. You haven't posted a new post in the last 2 hours. Get with it, girl (or Old Lady)
Michele made me do this!
While I am here, don't forget the Friends of the Friendless Marching Band. We meet on Fridays and you are invited to submit friendless sites that you really really like for Friendly Friday's featured site. Do you think Pierce Brosnan might join? Ah well, doesn't hurt to ask.
Talk to you later...

Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 11:29:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Why hello there Lady! We're getting to be pretty good weekend friends if I do say so myself :) I wish I had come by earlier so I could have joined in on the merriment--what an utterly fascinating life you have led, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall! There were just too many things I was thinking of to comment on as I read through, but I think this would turn into a novel if I began at the beginning! I will say though, that sounds like a fascinating play and I'm going to try to look it up to read some time.

Michele sent me :)

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 1:12:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Yay I got it right :o)

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 1:54:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Name dropper [big grin]

btw - I read your comment on my blog. Nope - the explosion was nowhere near me or the Aginoths - few hundred miles away at least. But our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those involved.

Piece Brosnan, eh? Any more famous neighbours we should know about? :-)

cq

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 3:14:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow - you have had interesting things happen to you! Here via Michele.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 5:52:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow, you have the coolest life! We knew that already, of course, but this merely reinforces it.

Next time you see Ms. Henner, please send her my absolute best. I've always had so much respect for her as an actor. How lucky you are to live where you are, and to be able to so deeply appreciate the environment.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 5:56:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Your life is entirely fascinating! :) I love visiting here.

Oh, and Michele sent me today!

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 10:00:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I always love my visits to your blog. I hope that some day I can look back on my life be able to say I've lived it as fully as you have.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 10:01:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

back again :o)

No smoke or explosions within 150 miles of us :o) thankfully

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 10:05:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Wow, you've lived an exciting life. Thanks for setting us straight!

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 10:18:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You can always be sure that the affair with the famous guy is true. The bra one seemed the tamest, that's why I picked that one.

Good reveal.

Here from m's of course.

Sue

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 10:22:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Well, I am glad you finally revealed the right answer! I must have been confused about an earlier post (nothing strange about me being confused!). I gues you mentioned Marilu and the cat in the same post or something!

You have lead an exciting life and I'm sure you are full of great stories! This one really got some responses and excitement going!!

Way to go Naomi!!

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 10:38:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow - I was wrong. Both times:-)

But you should have put in Pirce Brosnan gave you the cat I would NEVER have believed that!

Fantastic stories. Thanks for sharing.

Here from Micheles this time, but you know I come on my own anyway.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 10:45:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Funny how people always stumble over the dead body question - everyone thought mine was a lie too..

cq
From Michele - this time.....

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 11:26:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Well I picked the wrong one but that is par for the course LOL.
Your cat needs to go on a diet by they way HAHAH, we have a fat kitty too.
Pierce has always seemed like a wonderful man, I was so sad for him when Cassie got ill and passed away. I am happy he has a new wife and little ones.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 1:26:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Pierce - I was so in love with that man in his Remington Steele days - I was only about 9 years old, but still!

:)

Great post!

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 1:45:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Great post! Great fun to read.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 2:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

what cool neighbors you have! Here from Michele's.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 3:47:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I may just have to.
Here via Michele this time.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 4:02:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

OK, I am still sitting here thinking, "MaryLou Henner is her next door neighbor?" It's not often I run across someone that says stuff like that. I love reading your stories. :)

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 4:24:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I love your stories, they are delightful. You have lived such a glamerous life! Imagine a kitty from Pierce Brosnan?

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 4:34:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Ok, I wish I had caught the post so I could have guessed...altho I probably would have guessed wrong, anyway.

You lead a very exciting life! I've never even met anyone famous, lol, much less lived next door!

Visiting via Michele tonight, altho I suspect I'll find my way back. :)

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 4:46:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

here from michele- have you used Hello - and picasa to load phots it s how i manage mine - and I am a dolt when it comes to the computer

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 4:57:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hi, just came over to thank you for your visit to my blog and welcome you back anytime! This was an interesting post. I've seen a couple others play it and I might have to adopt it for myself, lol! And man, I'm so jealous that you got to live next door to Pierce Brosnan! I would have fainted if he were at my doorstep, just to have him pick me up, lol!

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 5:04:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Wow - fascinating stories! Michele sent me!

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 5:24:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

what a fabulous life you've had! truly! If I have half the experiences you do, I'll die a happy woman...

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 5:31:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

oh, yes, I always forget to say this... Michele sent me.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 5:31:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

no fair! you had more than your 15 mins of fame. ;)

here today from Michele's, but here often.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 5:32:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That whole wonderful post and all I can think of is opening the door and finding Pierce Brosnan on the other side! Michele sent me.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 5:39:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

LOL! me again. ;) Hey, in your honor I updated my blog. Ok, so it's hardly an interesting post worth rushing over for...and oh ok, I'd have updated it once I had the photo anyway, but still. It sounds good, no?

Michele sent me again too.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 7:31:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I am in awe of you!! A football player, wow! Then Pierce Bronsan...double wow!! You have such an interesting life, I love reading your posts!

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 7:51:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I was RIGHT! ALthough, I like that Mooney came from James Bond even better! Great great post. I loved playing it.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 8:18:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

What a lovely reveal, and an interesting life. At some point I must use this idea. Thanks for sharing your words with all of us.

C

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 10:19:00 PM PST 

Blogger Gel
had this to say:

Oh My Oh My oh!,
You made my night with that interesting post. I was certain someone well known gave you that cat, but I had not idea it was my one and only actor major crush!!!

Be still my heart: "Remington Steele" lived next door to you, and spoke to you. I cried reading of his wife Cassie's illness and death. (I think I read it first in Good Housekeeping magazine, but I'm not sure.)

Pierce still send zingers up my spine. It was lovely to read what a sweet person he is; it seemes that way from everything I'd read about him and heard.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 11:22:00 PM PST 

Blogger Bec
had this to say:

What a great post, thanks for a lovely set of stories - sorry I missed your truth challenge!
Following you around from Michele's tonight (probably this morning, your time!)

Monday, December 12, 2005 at 2:21:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

WOW what a post. I missed the guessing game sorry, but I loved your answers. What wonderful memories.
Have a good day
(tell me how warm it is with you ...I won't be jealous... honest :) )

Monday, December 12, 2005 at 2:52:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

OOLOTH, I don't know what happened to my comments, but I did leave a comment here, shortly after you put up the post about the answer - so I am at a loss to understand where it is! Then I alsoa remember coming back, via Michele, and leaving another. Odd that they both disappeared.

I said that if Pierce Brosnsn was my neighbor and rang my bell, I'd have fainted dead away at the door! Lucky you to have such nice neighbors there in the hills.

Monday, December 12, 2005 at 5:25:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Yay my guess was right! Woo hoo!

*doing a happy dance*

Loved your post! Pierce and his late wife sounded wonderful. And what a cutie pie kitty.

Your life is NOT dull Missy :-)

Monday, December 12, 2005 at 8:03:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Boy you kept us guessing for a while. I had a feeling that you knew all sorts of famous people...even an NFL football star. I just picked the first one that came to mind. Isn't it funny how even to contruct a lie, we tend to base it on something true. Mine went like that too. That was fun! And you end up talking about things you weren't necessarily planning to.

Monday, December 12, 2005 at 12:03:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hi OOL, just stopping by to let you know that everyone here is fine - surprisingly no-body died in the explosion & it was some miles away from anyone we know. The smoke is still up in the air at the moment, don't know what it will be like when it descends - that will probably affect some of us.

Monday, December 12, 2005 at 1:35:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hooray, I guessed right! Do I win a trip to Maui or something? This was fun, and I will be doing this same idea for my post probably tomorrow.
Love that Kitty!!

Monday, December 12, 2005 at 1:50:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

My life is just a boring piece of garbage compared to yours. Thanks for giving me a little bit of personal celebrity in my otherwise, very normal, very average life.

I LOVED your answers.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 at 5:48:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

what a great post, adn a great idea! i just love it. i dont think i am interesting enough to follow this one. im afraid if i did it, people might get bored! haha

so at least i was right and he was a Ram! i feel good about that :)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 at 11:42:00 PM PST 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

a quick hello from the deep south, no time to read your post but I have to tell Anne Bancroft is one of my very favorites. One of my nicknames is Mrs. Robinson... not quite what you are thinking of, should tell the story. I will be home in about 2o hours! I will visit again soon!

Saturday, December 17, 2005 at 12:42:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

how neat!!! mooney is adorable, and so is pierce for that matter!

great post!

here from michele's

Sunday, December 18, 2005 at 3:53:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I love these Liar, Liar posts! Keep up the good work. They seem to lead to a lot of your best stories!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 9:21:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.