Monday, December 05, 2005



A FEW THINGS....



I have not been able to be on my Computer since Saturday night, because of a failure...THANK GOD, it was not my new Computer, but an OLD Surge Protector...so I'm very behind in my blogging and in my visiting, too...
I'm so naive that it never occurred to me that a surge protector could fail! Hello, Oh, Nurse???? Thus....this picture today.

Second, here's a picture, taken with my digital camera!!! Yes, I finally have it....well in all candor, I have had this camera for a while, just did not know how to use it till
recently. Oh, Nurse! Again!

This was taken not quite a week ago....this is just a teeny tiny view of my Front Cactus Garden, with a touch of Bouganvilla....and for the sake of accuracy, that plant is not a true cactus...it's a Senico, and is a gorgeous person! And yes, the Bougenvilla is still blooming wherever I have it, and, I might add, BEAUTIFULLY, BEAUTIFULLY!

And,
Third, to catch up a bit, I have been wanting to tell you all about a Fantastic Post I read a few weeks ago which made me laugh and made me cry, too...I think anything that can do that, is Genius!
It is, to me, very profound. It's an essay on "The Wizard Of Oz", written by Danny Miller, who I have spoken about a few times before on my blog. Danny is a very very wonderful writer and many of his posts are fascinating to read....I hope you will take a look and I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did. I have wanted to share this very brilliant piece with everyone since I read it, and today was a wonderful opportunity to do so, given how far behind I am. Sharing this today because I did not get to write anything myself, doesn't take anything away from what Danny has written, because I've been looking for just the right opportunity to post about this very brilliant piece, and here it is.
(If the link above does not work, go to dannymiller.typepad.com, and look for Schlepping Over The Rainbow, in his list of recent posts.)


(Hope the Blogger problems clear up soon....Lord, if it isn't one thing, it's ten! LOL....NOT!)







17 Comments:
had this to say:

At last I have been able to pull up a blog on blogger! All evening it wouldn't let me get on anyone with blogger, but the others it will. I can't even get to my own site. Anyway, I'm glad you are back again! Saturday there was a problem with blogger too where it wouldn't allow you to post comments. Each time the letters smentia (for word verification) came up and it was like that on every blogger, including mine! So finally I found (and now I don't know how) but one of the developers of the site that keep it running and he had an article stating "smentia is a bitch." I read it and he said he was having to spend Saturday night trying to fix that problem. It was caused by a spammers he said. I guess that's like a hacker? Certainly not a very nice thing to do! But you know some people are mean and have nothing better to do.

Okay, I think I just ranted!
I'm so delighted you got the digital camera to work. Yippee!!!
That Senico looks really tall! I love Bougenvilla, and it's so neat that yours is still outside and blooming! Here if people have them they are in the house somewhere to keep from freezing. They have the prettiest blooms.

I will check out Danny's blog right now if I can get into it!
Thanks Naomi! I'm sure if you liked his post then I more than likely will too! :)

Monday, December 5, 2005 at 8:26:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I've had my digital camera for about 2 years now and just figured out that there was a "zoom" feature to take close up pictures!

Glad your problem was one easily fixed.

Monday, December 5, 2005 at 8:39:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

beautiful picture! I have a digital camera.... *ahem*... that I need to learn how to use.

Monday, December 5, 2005 at 8:45:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Glad you're back! You were missed.

Monday, December 5, 2005 at 9:21:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Stupid blogger was down for hours. Love the picture , well done. I am sure you will get the hang of the camera quickly, digitals are a lot of fun !

Monday, December 5, 2005 at 10:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

welcome back! we were wondering about you and hoping you were well. i had heard blogger was down earlier today, but i was fortunate enough not to try to log on during the problems.

Monday, December 5, 2005 at 10:40:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

great blog. thanks for dropping by. Gotta love the Los Angeles sun.

cheers,

Shane
Hollywood

Monday, December 5, 2005 at 11:45:00 PM PST 

Blogger Ken
had this to say:

If man made it, it WILL fail eventually.

Your garden looks awesome. And warm. Very warm. I could use some warm. It's cold here.

By the way, Wendy directed me here today!

Nice blog!

Monday, December 5, 2005 at 11:54:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I have just read your comment on my page, thank you so much for your kind words they mean a lot to me.

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at 12:10:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow. A surge protector can fail?! Who knew.

Love the photo with the new camera.

Michele sent me this morning. Good to visit with you again. :)

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at 2:17:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hey glad to see blogger is working again! Sheesh, you don't realize that half the sites you are addicted to are blogspot addresses until none of them function!

Thanks for coming by today... Glad you are back in action! (Nice photo of the cactus too!)

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at 9:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Beautiful photo!! I love my digital camera!! You'll be snapping away going picture happy in no time!

Stupid Blogger was down and I was going through blog withdrawals!! lol

I checked out that article on Danny's blog....it was great! Thanks for the link!! "Wizard of Oz" one of my all time favorite movies!

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at 12:21:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Welcome back to the blogosphere, my friend!

Guess you have many happy hours to look forward to, just bloghopping :-)

btw - lovely garden [smiles sweetly while sharpening knife]

cq

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at 2:00:00 PM PST 

Blogger TLP
had this to say:

Yes, blogger has been a booger. Those of us who are addicts have suffered.

Lovely pix. I'm off to read Danny.

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at 5:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Beautiful cacti and bougainvillea, OOLOTH, glad you learned how to work your digicam. I am trying to learn mine too.

Welcome back!

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at 5:38:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

So glad you are back in the computer swing of things!!
Love the pretty picture too!
I will visit your friend's blog now. Ta-ta for now.

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at 6:43:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Good to be by. I'm here from Michele's this time 'round.

I love the cacti. We're under about a foot of snow at the moment. Is that jelousy or envy when you want what somebody else has?

In any event, spectacular work with your digital lens.

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at 9:48:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.