Friday, July 06, 2012
angel bird

Orchids are the most magnificent flowering plants, in my opinion. The colors; the shapes; the delicacy, yet the strength.....They are all truly exotic and fantastic plants, in every way. The wonderful Van, the fabulous Florist who I adore and who is a true "artist", sent me this beautiful Orchid for my Birthday.....The interior colors of this magnificent yellow Orchid are stunning....So, I wanted to take some pictures of it. I always want to get in closer to the centers of these magnificent glorious plants.....When I saw this picture above, through my lens, I knew I had to get in even closer than that....The exquisite colors of that middle center section just took my breath away.....Then, when I did get in that much closer, I saw this amazing and very moving sight....... It looked like a sweet little white 'Angel Bird', right there in the middle....It brought tears to my eyes. It looked like he was praying and like he was here to look out for me----I felt like my brother had sent this dear little 'Angel Bird' to me, to let me know he was okay and that he was watching over me from afar----yet not really from afar.....And I felt like he was telling me, no matter all the sadness---and there is great sadness, that there was still great beauty in the world if you just take a few moments to look and see. And that this kind of great beauty was in nature and so as I looked at this delicate bloom, taking it all in, I saw that there was something truly spiritual right there in front of me---surrounding me in this quiet hushed way...... What a sweet poignant little 'Angel Bird' this is.....Through the sensitivity of Van choosing this very special Orchid just for me....here is this dear sweet 'Angel Bird' bringing me solace and some kind of feeling of peace---even if it just momentary.....What a great gift this is.......This little 'Angel Bird' touched my heart and reminded me that there are things bigger than any of us may understand.....But the most immediate feeling for me was and is, that my brother is at peace and he is letting me know that he is alright and that he is watching over me, just as he did, in life, when we were children..... I have taken literally hundreds of close-ups of Orchids---maybe even a thousand, and in all the years I have been taking pictures, I have never seen anything like this before. I know some people might think this all sounds kind of crazy and very 'woo woo', and maybe it is.....Well, they can think whatever they want. What I know in my heart? I know that the beauty of this Orchid has given me something very special; a continued belief in a 'higher power', and a reminder that there are things greater than ourselves that we may not fully understand---but they are there, if we just open our eyes and our hearts. And at this moment I am deeply deeply grateful for that........


More To Come.......


Note: Just a word about Nora Ephron. The word is "amazing". She was a force of nature in many ways; a funny, honest, fantastic writer and essayist; a film director; a special friend to all who knew her, (I wish I had known her, personally, that is. I didn't, but I felt like I did. That is the kind of 'artist' she was.).....She is already so very missed by so very many. My deep condolences to her family and friends.
Gone To Soon......RIP Dear Nora Ephron.









34 Comments:
had this to say:

That is amazing! I couldn't see it at first, but as your photos progressed, I could see an angelic bird. That is exactly what that is - a sign that your brother is OK and that he is watching over you. Just lovely.

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 2:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

How beautiful! The reason you see such beauty is why you are an artist dear Naomi! sometimes some of us that are not artists need to be reminded how much beauty there is.

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 4:03:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a gift! It looks divinely holy. I think it's the beauty in you, Naomi that is able to see the beauty outside of yourself and I do believe we can receive messages from our loved ones in the most unusual places. There is a knowing when it happens, even though it can be fleeting.

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 6:48:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a glorious (and well-deserved) deserved gift!!!! Van is a true artist!!!

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 7:09:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

How close you came to missing such a wonderful sign. Had you not taken the close up, it would have gone unnoticed. Something made you take that shot. I do believe as you do and am so glad it was there to bring you comfort.

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 7:29:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

When one sees the beauty, intricacy, and artistry of such things as this flower, how can one ever think we're all just accidents of space and time? I'm glad it brought you comfort.

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 10:33:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

How beautiful Orchid, Naomi! I agree with you, Orchilds are the most magnificent flowering plants. The variety of colors, the amazing shapes, their delicacy are really gorgeous!
What a wonderfur gift of Van for your Birthday!

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 2:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Me again Naomi! I am so sorry with the death of Nora Ephron. She was a great artist, writer, essayist and a film director. So sad... Recently I read her book "I Feel Bad About My Neck and Other Thoughts on Being a Woman"(2006). I enjoyed it so much. What an intelligent, talented and witty woman!

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 2:53:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

your orchid is beautiful. that you can find such hidden beauty is a gift and turn it into peace is wonderful. these days, you have to find peace where you can. (hugs)

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 10:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, I am pleased for you that that gorgeous orchid brought thoughts of your brother. I hope you will let Van know that, as he will surely be happy to know that.

Friday, July 6, 2012 at 10:40:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

What a glorious orchid, I don't recall seeing a yellow one before. Your angel bird is simply beautiful and special!

Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 4:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful!

Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 7:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

not only a gorgeous set of magnificent images, naomi, but a confirmation of spirit contact and beauty in even the smallest thing - some friends of mine - both published authors - have a wonderful blog i know you would enjoy - on synchronicity and things thereof - one of their most recent books is "synchronicity and the other side" [which includes several stories of my own] and "the 7 secrets of synchronicity" [also includes some of my own experiences] - anyway, naomi, i know you would enjoy both these books - in the least, perhaps you'll take a look at their blog - http://www.synchrosecrets.com/synchrosecrets/

thanks so much for sharing such intimate and private moments...much love - jenean

Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 8:46:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi: you can be as "woo woo" as you want (I love that expression you used!) but you have opened your heart to us, and described the feelings that the beautiful orchid aroused in you. Yes, your dear brother is looking after you, and always will. The orchid blossoms are gorgeous, and I'm sure Van chose them especially for you.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 5:10:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Lovely pix. Nora, yes, watching her movies, so well written...hard not to feel she had much more to tell us. Such as inspiration to me. Her stories so moving, her dialogue so funny, I will miss her.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 7:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful flowers. =)

Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 12:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh yeah I can see it quite clearly too! I definitely believe that it is your brother letting you know he's okay and that he's there with you in spirit anyway.

How wonderful.

Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 4:09:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

That is a most beautiful, unusual looking orchid and it makes sense to me to hear your interpretation of it.
You are blessed to be able to see these very special signs and I remember taking comfort from similar experiences after my mother died.
I'm just going downstairs to inspect the white orchid I have.

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 2:17:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

hi naomi - just dropping by to let you know you are thought of...

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 3:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a lovely post, both in pictures and in words.

Stan
XOXO

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 12:10:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, I enlarged the pictures and now I can see a lovely little white 'Angel Bird' in the middle of the flower. Yes, it looked like he was praying... So moving and holy message, Naomi! I am glad it brought you console and transmit a sign that your brother was okay and that he was watching over you.
So beatiful, dear Naomi.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 10:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

the orchid is amazing
it's so delicate yet strong
so graceful
so everything
you deserve all beautiful things

Nora was a treasure and thankfully her work remains

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 5:15:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hello gorgeous! I'm back! I'm sorry if I haven't been around, but I'm back for good :)

Lovely photos as usual and the colour is just vibrant!

Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 11:30:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The detail of the orchid- Absolutely amazing. Is there any greater treasure to mankind than a florist who cares?

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 10:10:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a lovely orchid!! I can see the Angel Bird and it is quite amazing!! How sweet of Van to send it to you. I think he'd be pleased to know the comfort it has brought you during this sad time in your life. Next to the last photo you can see all the different colors and it reminds me of blown glass. Fantastic photos Naomi!! xxoxx

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 10:28:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Greetings to you -- my name is James Dreisdale. Sorry for being off topic here, but I'm new to your blog, and I'm currently making my way through everything -- from the beginning to the current -- and I'm just at the terrible loss of Betty part, so I have a bit more to read. But I wanted to take a moment to say that I really, REALLY hope you know what an exquisitely rare gem YOU are.... You have eyes that see true beauty, and that's an enormously precious gift. And you also have the most generous nature to be sharing your superb beauty with all of us. You are amazing and spectacularly special beyond words. Little wonder why you have such exceptional friends. May God continue to bless you and those you love.

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 10:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, I believe in signs that come when those we love have left us. I think this is your sign, something that can help you move from the hardest strains of grief to the next phase, whatever that may be. I know I have had them before -- an unexpected gift, such as yours, that offers something the giver could have never known; a sighting or a right word. I'm so very happy for you -- and yes, your photos are just beautiful.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 6:49:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful photographs, almost surreal in their beauty.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 7:47:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful flowers and you have a great eye to spot the detailing and form.

And no, it's not 'woo woo', it's simply amazing.

Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 9:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The angel is amazing -- how wonderful -- your pictures are fabulous, even not clicked on, but with the click it really is like magic appears.

I felt sad about Norah Ephron's passing too and am glad you acknowledged it so beautifully,

Monday, July 16, 2012 at 11:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That is spectacular and I'm so glad you shared it with us!

Monday, July 16, 2012 at 12:03:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love your beautiful blog and so enjoy your posts.

Friday, July 20, 2012 at 3:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Dear Naomi, there is nothing woo-woo about you! As soon as I saw your pictures of the orchard it made me smile. A lovely positive colour. Pretty and summery and full of hope. The angel is indeed amazing and really etheral looking in the photos.

What you feel is very true. I miss my father so much since he died. I know he is at peace and he was ready. There is not a day goes by I dont think of him and I talk to him all the time (not in front of anyone as the may lock me up!!). I have complete faith he is still near looking out for us. And I know I will get to be with him again one day. So I encourage you to keep looking for the signs because your brother will show you and guide you more than ever if you let him. Maybe its me that's woo-woo, lol.

Friday, July 20, 2012 at 4:57:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You are the least "woo woo" person I know. :)

I see Angel Bird too. So lovely for the heart.

Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 9:37:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.