Wednesday, March 10, 2010
700 + more trousdale

This is my 701 Post......! I milestone for me, having started blogging the beginning of October, 2005---there were 20 posts there on my very first blog, but I'm not counting them----the 700 posts on this blog began on November 3rd, 2005. So very many words and so very many pictures, and so very many dear blog friends from all over the world. And, here I am, still writing and still taking photo's, and hopefully still making friends from all over the world.....Here below, more about Trousdale........
This is one of the main streets of Trousdale Estates....it's called Loma Vista....And as it goes up the hill---it is very very steep.It is hard to see how steep this Hill really is from these pictures, but believe me. it is....When you come down this street they even have a sign warning you to put your car in First Gear......You can see that there are houses on both sides of the street all the way to the top......I remember when I first drove up Hillcrest, the other main street, there were not that many houses back then and the trees were young and small.....that was back in the very early 1960's......
Someone had told my dear friend Sammy that Richard Nixon was building a house way at the top of Hillcrest. We went looking for it, and because there weren't that many homes back then, we found it. At the point we saw it all that was there was the foundation and the wooden flooring. I remember we parked and walked through the house....The View was more than fantastic....It was breathtaking.....! Of course, there were no windows or anything else, so we had no idea what the finished house might look like, or if that fabulous view would be incorporated to the maximum enjoyment with floor to ceiling windows......
Trousdale became a rather popular place for Movie and Television Stars and 'the rich and famous' because of it's location (Picture Above: David Janssen's home in Trousdale in the early 1960's).....It is located above Sunset Boulevard right at the beginning of Beverly Hills, with views possible from almost every one-story home.....And yet, it held the promise of great privacy. It wasn't gated actually---nothing was truly 'gated' back then, but there was the sense that one could live a life out of the spotlight yet have the best that Los Angeles had to offer--house lots that were generous, living close to downtown Beverly Hills, and....A Great View! The day I went out with Lee up to Trousdale, I took a lot of pictures...Some were of beautiful flowers growing.......Like these below. These were so very very pretty.....they were in two beds that set off the driveway of a house that was waaaay up in Trousdale. I actually took these pictures back in early January when everyone back east was suffering the hell and beauty of many many snowstorms.....I just felt it was too cruel to show them, until now..... There was such a delicacy in these flowers and of course, the colors---well, they cannot be beat! These look good enough to eat! I know I keep saying that about flowers, but.....it is true, isn't it? So sweet. So very very pretty.....What a lovely way to enter your driveway every day...... And so....now that Spring is peeking it's sweet pretty head up where the snows have been, I am hoping these flowers will inspire you to begin planting......Do click on these to make them bigger---they are such lovely soft delicate flowers......And the grass looks pretty good, too...... Indeed...a beautiful way to leave your home and a very warm greeting when you come back home......Below, a picture I did not take but that I thought was quite interesting. A beautiful home in Trousdale. This was Groucho Marx' home. It was listed for sale by the company whose initials are in the lower left hand corner of the picture. How many other people have lived here since he died, I have no idea. But it sure is a very very pretty back yard.....And as you can see, there are houses above this house......Very Lovely!





More To Come........







24 Comments:
had this to say:

Ohhhh a tour of the rich and famous! instead of a bus tour you should charge for a visual tour! I wouldn't want to guess how many photo albums you have! glad you share them with us Naomi~

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 3:32:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

700---Wow. I think they call that a body of work. I am on 299 and nearly brain dead.
Loved the trip through Tousdale. What a lovely place. How interesting you got to walk through Nixon's house.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 4:42:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Thanks for the tour and congrats on the blog-longevity! Seven hundred posts and 4+ years is quite an achievement. Of course, you've got enough interesting stories to fill several blogs!

Cheers.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 6:56:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy 700th post!!!! Long may you post!!!!

And what a gorgeous neighborhood!

I love all the flowers!!!!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 11:18:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Dear Naomi, congratulations on your 700 and more posts! Really a great milestone!

Love your tour through Trousdale. It's a wonderful place. I would love to be there with you!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 11:19:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Congratulations on writing so many informative and fun posts through those years. This was another. Always interesting photos to go along with the story

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 11:47:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Well congrats on your milestone..i hope that blogging has been the experience that you wanted it too be. Beautiful pics ...love the view of LA and the ones of Groucho Marx home...Love the pics your are lucky to be livings some place so beautiful...zman sends

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 12:59:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I can't wait for the next 700 posts and if they contain wonderful photos like these everyone will be a winner!

Lovin' the house shots. Great great views.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 1:23:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Very interesting area, Naomi, and the poppies are just exquisite!! Congrats on reaching 700 posts!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 2:29:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Wow, it's just gorgeous! I can't even imagine what life would be like to be able to afford to live in such beautiful homes. Love the flowers too. They seem a little whimsical in contrast to the manicured lawn.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 3:17:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I laughed out loud when reading that you'd held off on the flower photos for awhile - you are too kind. :) Those are beautiful flowers!

And good grass...there's not many things better than scrunching your toes in good grass.

Happy 700th!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 3:23:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Happy 700th that is quite an achievement. Long may it continue !

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 7:35:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Happy Happy 700th and more 700th to come ;D

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 11:53:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Oh wow Naomi, 700 posts. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am up to about 300 only, I have a long way to go. Enjoyed the pictures, the beautiful poppies and love the house at the end. I love open plan homes with large windows. Glad spring is there and things look wonderful with all the flowers blooming. It's a special time of year and a sign of new things around the corner.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 2:08:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

700 already? Wow it would take me decades to get there...lol

I love your tour around Trousdale and it is hard for me to imagine that these houses were not gated. Things have changed...

Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 5:36:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

700 posts! Wow, that's quite an achievement.

Enjoyed the photos. I could probably see your neighborhood from my backyard, that is before they built the shopping center across the street and on one of those rare clear days. Of course, I couldn't have made out the neighborhood with my naked eyes --it would have just looked like distant mountains from here. On very rare days, I used to be even able to see the "Hollywood" sign.
Arlee Bird

Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 9:31:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love that you took pictures in January of blooming poppies. :) I love even more that you held onto them until it was time for springtime teasing. :)

Congrats on 700 posts and nearly 4 1/2 years of blogging. :)

Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 9:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I love to see your photos, Naomi. What a beautiful place! The poppies are wonderfully colorful and delicate.
Congratulations on your milestone.

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 4:29:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

700 lucky number

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 7:53:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Congrats Naomi - 700 and everyone a winner. Keep up the good work and keep us all happy.
It is a lovely area and has such a sylvan feel. I have never seen such pretty shades of poppies before - so delicate.

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 8:31:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Oh, I want those flowers!

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 10:29:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Congratulations dear Naomi on your 700th wonderful post!

I loved the tour. It really doesn't look that steep in the photo but if they warn you about getting into 1st gear then it must be! The flowers look like poppies to me, but I'm not sure, but I am sure that they are beautiful!!

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 3:46:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Congrats on #700!

Here's to another 700!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 6:49:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm simply lack of words.
That's how to be a Norwegian;)

Friday, March 19, 2010 at 5:51:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.