Thursday, August 14, 2008
seemah's birthday-part 4

More presents......! Next, Seemah opened Annie Guilbert's present, which was really wonderful....... This---you need to see closer.....! We all could relate to that! LOL!.....Annie was in rare form that day....And she kept us in stitches..... For those who may not remember...Annie was the neighbor Millie on the Dick Van Dyke show, and much later was 'Yetta' on "The Nanny"...and also, she was in two plays of mine and won an Award for one of them.....

Next....Lee gave Seemah two gifts.....both related to each other....Here is the first one, below...... It is a Beautiful Tea Bag Holder, with a very sweet message.....Look a little closer...it really is very very sweet and very very useful, too......I wouldn't mind having one of those, myself! Then Seemah opened the Big package---the one at the top of the post---And this was the second half of Lee's present..... A really pretty Tea Pot! We did laugh a lot at Seemah opening this package....she painstakingly undid every piece of tape---and there were lots and lots of pieces of tape----this was a difficult package to wrap and so, a very difficult package to open, if you are trying not to tear the paper....lol...But....once it was opened.....To see the joy Seemah projects is really so very heartwarming.....And it sure is a pretty and cheerful Tea Pot....... After all the wonderful 'present' opening, we then opened our Gift Bags.....And that was a lot of fun....Again, Annie kept us laughing with her playfulness...... Pretending to be 'hoarding' her loot from the gift bag....lol...I love how she pretty much had everything that had been in the bag in her two hands! Annie was showing us how this Heart shaped Key Chain could light up when you pressed the center..... And then she decided to show us this phenomenon in a more careful way....It was pretty hilarious because there was a running dialogue in a funny voice the whole time she was doing all of this....I dearly wish I had turned on my Video.....but, I didn't.The last thing she did with this little Heart-Light Key Chain was what you see above....Using it like it was a monocle.....lol! Nobody enjoyed it more than The Birthday Girl.....As did all of us, I might add..... We were all unpacking our little bags and I was busy taking pictures of all this....Betty was next to me so I could get a couple of great pictures of the contents of our 'gift bags'......As you can see, among other things, there were some pretty neon colored pencils.... I asked Betty to hold one up so I could get a good picture of it.....It is pretty, isn't it? And personalized, of course....! There were some personalized M&M's, too....though you cannot tell from this picture...and a puzzle or two; a two rolls of some very cute stickers for whatever... and a pad for writing plus Post It notes in the shape of an Apple.....Silly? Sure! But not any sillier than this.....lol...And there was no liquor served at this Lunch....! We all just get 'high' on being together and the fun of sharing so much of our lives with each other.....Here below a closer look at the Birthday Pencil...... This normally would have been the end of our Celebration for the day. But there was one more thing that we did and it is something I had not done before---You will see why, I promise. I will save it for the next post, which will be called, "Seemah's Birthday-The Coda".....but that won't be for a few days.....Till then......










More To Come.......




Note: Many people have asked where those Fun File Folders came from...Bridget told us they come from Urban Outfitters.....!

Also: I will be quite busy with Emmy voting for this next few days or more....So, if I don't get around to visiting you all, I hope you will forgive me.....I have prepared a few posts in advance, so I will keep up on my blog, but I just may not be able to get around to yours......







32 Comments:
had this to say:

I love that "insufficient memory" T-shirt! That was great. Have fun with the emmy voting. I trust you. :)

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 2:42:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I will be busy attending my 50th high school reunion!! So I won't be visiting either.

You all have so much fun at your parties, Naomi. You all truly have a zest for life - and that is why you act and appear so young!!

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 3:49:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I simply love the insufficient memory t-shirt!!!
Your friends are all so much fun!

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 5:28:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

awww I love the little tea pot! hehe.

There's nothing quite as much fun as being "silly" like Annie and Lee! There's no such other feeling than there is when you make someone laugh...:o)

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 5:42:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I loved "Millie."

Thanks for sharing the party with us.

Cheers.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 6:04:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi Naomi, thanks again for sharing. I luv, the sweat shirt. Have fun with the task at hand voting. Am going to a garlic fest this weekend in Binghamton NY. Weather man says it will be nice. Hopefully a great turnout. My husband needs to replace his 1994 pickup, so hopefully we will have a banner day. He grows really good garlic, not to mention tomatoes. Am off friday, so can help him get ready, his help quit this week, so now he is in emergency mode.
Thank you again for sharing the photo's of your friends, I really like the one of (Millie) that is her name to me:)Hording her goodie bag. :)

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 6:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh... I wish I were that at that party... looks like a hoot... I don't know...sometimes I think that you would party me under the table... sorry I haven't been around... life has been busy... today 1/2 a day off... whoo hooo...

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 7:30:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

So much thought goes into the presents. That lilac wrapping paper is so pretty. I hope it can be used again. Loved the tea- bag thingy and was that a pair of tongs on the side? So useful and much better than a spoon.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 7:33:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Now that you told us who Annie played, I can "see" her as Millie, but not as easily as Grandma Yetta; as a kid, I always watched the DVD show; and as an adult, I always watched the Nanny.
Annie must've had loads of fun working with the casts of each of those wonderful shows.
Liquor is truly never needed at a party; the laughter and joy come naturally from within. So glad you ladies have one another in your lives.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 10:17:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

As always, a good time had by all.

Thank you for sharing. Can't wait till the next post surprise.

Emmy voting! How much fun that is!!

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 2:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Boy, when you people party, you really PARTY!

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 5:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The gift looks so pretty in purple wrapping ;) It is great to see the happiness exude on everybody's and what great joy to share it with friends :D

I have enjoyed Seemah's Birthday with all of you and bless her always :D

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 5:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I was thinking about you and your friends last night ... I was at a friend's birthday party.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 5:34:00 PM PDT 

Blogger JR
had this to say:

You're so lucky to have so many good friends that make you happy. I love that t-shirt. I need one like that. I also recognized and remembered Annie from both shows. I feel so old! ;-)

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 6:26:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

That teapot was BEAUTIFUL ! I loved that. Proably would have cherished it forever. Some things are keepers for a lifetime - that was one of them.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 6:57:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You surely cannot beat a gathering of good friends and you prove this to us. Your girlfriends seem to be all wonderful people and I so love these 'birthday posts' and I gether all your regular readers are the same as I. You have a talent in making us believe we are right there with you and your friends. Thank you.

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 1:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It looks like Seemah got lots of nice gifts. I think I need a t-shirt with the "insufficient memory" on it too....lol

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 7:58:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow, you girls really pushed the boat out this time, didn't you....?

Annie just cracks me up, she's such a funny lady - much like all of you mad women :-)

Can't wait to see the Coda.
My hobby ate into valuable blogging time over the last few weeks... but I'll be back.

cq

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 11:12:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You ladies have the best birthday parties ever!!!

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 12:32:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The t-shirt is hilarious! I enjoy the birthday pics and all the beautiful presents, especially the tea bag holder and teapot. It makes me want to switch from coffee to Earl Grey.

You look like such a fun bunch! I love it when you go all out and celebrate like this! It's so much fun!!

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 3:04:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi - thought I'd leave a comment here (again) to say that my post was about an impending move and we are lucky we are married because of where we are moving to! I think Deana got a little confused...

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 3:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a truly wonderful time you all had! I love the Happy Birthday pencils.

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 5:39:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a wonderful party!! I love the T-shirt!! I can sure relate to that one..Haha!! I wish you had videoed Annie too!!

I can't get over how young Seemah looks. She sure doesn't look no where close to her age! Amazing!

Have fun Emmy viewing and voting! Hope Sweetie is doing well. He will help you watch I'm sure! Hugs to you Naomi! I really appreciated your phone call. It perked me up!!!

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 6:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Just discovered your blog today.
I loved the birthday party pictures, I could feel all the positive energy and love.

I LOVED Millie on DVD. So glad to be able to catch up with her in her real life.

Thank you!!

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 7:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Have fun with the Emmy voting Aunty Em :)

Loved the shirt that is hilarious. It always cracks me up seeing Annie, we used to call my friend Susan's mother Yetta because she was so much like the character on the Nanny, who knew I would have a real life six degrees of seperation later on lol.
BTW I emailed you some very exciting news hope you got it,

ALOHA !!!

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 9:21:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I want my own name engraved pencils!

Great photos........such joy. I love it! And I have got to tell you that my husband has always had a soft spot for Jerry and Millie Helper! I kept looking at your photos over the past week from Seemah's birthday wondering why your friend Annie looked so familiar. As soon as I read that she played Millie.......I thought, "of course!"

Can wait to learn more about your insights and thoughts on the Emmys this year Naomi.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 12:49:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What wonderful gifts for Seemah and such delightful gifts in the gift bags. That natural high comes through in all your photos. Such a unique and great group of friends....enjoying the moments and creating more memories. I really enjoyed this and look forward to the next entry.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 6:09:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I just love how you post in such detail Naomi. I feel as though I've been right there with you the whole time.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 7:33:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Brilliant! I love the t-shirt... I think I need one! Hehe.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 1:17:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi,
Sounds you all had a great time! Love all gifts! The T-shirt is very funny!

Have fun with the Emmy.
See you later.
Many hugs.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 2:23:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I hav had such a good time with all the party posts

love the T-shirt

and adore Annie - she's so wonderful, always has been

enjoy the Emmy voting!

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 5:19:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What fun! I bet you had a great time putting those party bags together and just as much fun watching people have fun with them! :)

Monday, August 18, 2008 at 3:08:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.