Monday, August 11, 2008
seemah's birthday-3

When we left off......The Cake had just been cut....! And here we are, enjoying this marvelous special Lemon Meringue.....Yum Yum Yum...... This is one of the most special cakes I've ever tasted...Me...who only likes chocolate...! Yeah! Even I, absolutely love this cake.....And so did everyone! I didn't get everyone eating the cake but I did take a couple of this side of the table.....! And Lee, in particular really liked it....Kim is concentrating very hard on her cake, too.....lol...... Lee was almost swooning over the cake.....She was really cute about it and I wanted to get a picture of her 'swooning' so she did it again, just for the camera..... Soon, everyone was almost finished....Betty and Seemah were done...And Lisa still had a little bit left...... And looking around the table, I could see that someone was still savoring every bite.....I love to see people enjoying their food.....lol. Mmmmm, Mmmmm, Mmmmm! You know it's just not fair that some people can eat anything and never gain an ounce...And then, well, then....there are the rest of us! Once we were finished with our desert, it was time for The Presents!!!! No one I know shows more joy about just about everything......We all had fun with Seemah opening her presents..... I don't remember what was said, but whatever it was....we ALL were enjoying it a lot! So, then Seemah began opening her gifts. The first one she opened was from Betty..... This was the Beautiful card that Betty had given Seemah...Some of you may recall that dear Betty gave me a box of cards just like this...Such a very pretty Butterfly...... And these are what Betty gave her....! A Beautiful set of Salad Servers.....Brought all the way back from Kauai....Seemah had some other ideas of how to use these very lovely implements....! And why not! Next....I believe was Bridget....And her present started with a great card.... When you open it up it plays The Andrews Sisters or some other female three-some singing the song "Friendship"....a wonderful great old song....and..... There was a line about...."Well maybe not better than Chocolate...!" We all had a good laugh....especially Seemah and me....! Bridget and Seemah had had a long conversation about 'getting organized'....And they had both shared with each other how disorganized their homes felt at this time. So Bridget took her cue for the Birthday present she would get for Seemah from that conversation. To begin with...There was a "notebook" in which to write down everything that needs doing....And some stickers to go with this...(do click to make bigger....)....Then.... The all important 'file folders'....Oh you need to see this close-up! And this was followed by......... And one more after that........ I must say, we ALL got a good laugh out of these and we all could relate to the need for them, big-time! There were many more, but....we moved on from there...... Lisa then gave Seemah two really sweet and special presents....Seemah now has three Grand babies....a darling set of twins by one son, and a sweet little baby girl by another son..... This is such a nice frame...And no, those are not her "grandkids".....But I am sure there is a beautiful picture in this frame as I write this....The other gift......? A Beautiful Photo Album....! More places for those adorable grandchildren to be saved and savored....Seemah baby sits the twins quite often and though it is tiring in a way...She enjoys it down to the core of her.....At this point in her life all these dear little grandchildren she considers a great gift.....

There is more....but it will have to be in Part 4 which will be coming along here, before you know it....


So, as always......



More To Come.......















27 Comments:
had this to say:

well the birthday girl sure was having fun! love the gifts! you just have too much fun Naomi!

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 4:16:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I have GOT to get a set of those file folders!!

And tell Lee I love her earrings!

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 5:09:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I need a set of those file folders.

Cheers.

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 5:44:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I must know where she got those folders. They are so perfect for my employees holiday gift this year!!
Thanks for sharing the day with us. Any cake left?

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 6:37:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love the candle smoke wafting up in the first photo, very artsy :)

The more photos of seemah I see the more incredible it is to me that she is any older than 60 - tops!

I miss my circle of amazing women - we're all scattered all over the world. How wonderful to be at the same table for a joyous moment.

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 8:42:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Lovely gifts and nicely presented here Naomi. You are the quintessential storyteller and do such a great job of showing and telling your party blogs.

I absolutely love the firt photo with the closeup of the cake with candle smoke.

I too like the folders and if you can, find out where we can get them. They would go a long way to organize this disorganized writer.LOL

Did you ever show the Tulip Box I sent you? I can't remember if you have shown all "your" birthday gifts. Oh well, if you have time and can do it, I think it is a pretty box for people to see. But of course I am very biased! LOL

Can't wait to see August "Ladies Who Lunch" - whose birthday is coming up?

Anne

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 9:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh I have just really enjoyed looking at all the pics and reading the last few posts. Thank you so much for sharing so much with us, looks like u all had such a lovely time! Everything looks great also, and those china plates! they are so gorgeous! But best of all, is all your beautiful women in the room having a great lunch together! What memories you make!!AND SHARE!...

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 11:18:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Was that candle smoke or a joi....?

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 12:15:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

My God, Lee M is beautiful. Whatever you ladies are doing, don't stop! I don't have that tablet but I sure live by it!

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 1:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

More! More! More!

(That Seemah is such a pretty one when she's in the enjoying mood, it seems to me.)

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 4:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

A lemon meringue cake sounds amazing!!

Wow! She got some really fun gifts!

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 5:07:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a fun day and every one sitting around, enjoying the cakes, chatting, drinking and later opening the present...this is so so sweet and nice.

I rememebered organising parties for my daughters and I think I ought to organise one just like yours..wonderful celebration :D

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 6:45:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

That cake sounds yummy ! Do you have the recipe, Naomi ?
Or was it from Sweet Baby Jane or one of those other decadently wonderful cake bakers on Melrose ?

Great presents, too :) No wonder you all were laughing !

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 7:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

LOL! I just love those folders. that is exactly what I need though I have an awful lot that would go in the one titled 'Crap'! :D

What lovely presents Seema had and I still don't think she looks her age at all :)

Alos - that cake was making my mouth water. I love chocolate cake too but lemon is also another great favourite of mine, yum!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 4:49:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

She got some really neat gifts from you guys! I like those folders and need those for my own office.

Lemon is one of the few flavors I like besides chocolate. I can only imagine how good that was!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 7:26:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Just thinking about organizing my upstairs just wears me out....lol

Seemah is lucky to have so many wonderful friends.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 10:09:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh' you "youngsters", have allways so much fun and charmes us regular readers into a very good mood - allways.

btw. So heavenly to hear your voice when Suzann and I called you the other evening. ---- I'm back in Norway.

hugs
Tor

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 10:51:00 AM PDT 

Blogger JR
had this to say:

What cool presents! And Lee is aging so very well. She's still such a beautiful woman!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 12:57:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I enjoyed so much seeing those happy photos Naomi, full of joy and friendship! So nice! Love Seeemah's gifts too! Sounds you all had a lovely time!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 6:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh what a fun fun time!! I loved all the gifts. The card is so beautiful!!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 7:03:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Those files are HILARIOUS!!!! Monet wanted to know what I was laughing at! I need some of those! lol...

You should see me when I eat a heavenly dessert - I reckon I'd get along well with Lee!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 11:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I took some time to get caught up with your latest posts. We will head to San Fran soon to pick Courtney up from the airport. I enjoyed all three parts of Seemah's b-day posts, especially the Spotty videos with Betty. That puppet is so cute, and so is Betty!!
Your dishes, glasses, and entire table setting were so lovely. I'm sure Seemah had a wonderful b-day celebration.
I also read your comments regarding John Edwards. It is very disappointing. I haven't watched news lately, but I had heard about it. You are right about politicians needing to be upfront and honest from the start. That way they don't have to lie and try to cover up stuff. Oh well, enough about that... back to the fun stuff!!
I loved those folder that Seemah got. Those are so funny.
Thanks for calling me today.
Jason and I enjoyed our visit. I know you have not felt at your best lately, especially since Hanna died. Thank You for inviting us to see those glorious night blooms and for serving us such a delicious lunch.
I'll email you after I return home, and I will also catch up with any more of your posts at that time.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 2:24:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I do love those singing cards. And the smoke in the first photo. Everything looks so bright and happy! I suddenly have an urge for a good cake, maybe one from a French bakery. MMMMM

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 8:01:00 PM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

You give the loveliest parties! I must find some of those folders..... too funny!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 at 9:28:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

It occurs to me I have never heard the name Seemah before. More lovely wrapping paper- to say nothing of the gifts and the cake has me salivating.
Beautiful glimpses of the flowers on your deck.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 7:40:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Ha! The folders are too cool.

It's fun getting to see what you all did.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 10:39:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Add me to the list of people needing those file folders! Those are terrific and thanks for sharing where they came from....I'll have to get some.
Such a great party and once again, I felt like I was there.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 6:14:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.