Tuesday, July 11, 2006
the party - part 6 (the final final...I think)

So, the party cointinued..... The very dear Parks Brothers talking with Kendall Hailey (Miller). And incidentally, Andy made a film which is in post production now and should be coming out in the next few months called "Trail Of The Screaming Forehead" . Made by the same film maker who made "The Lost Skeleton Of The Cadavra"...which Andy was in, as well. Both films are spoofs of the Sci-Fi Horror ("B" and "C") pictures of the 1950's. "Lost Skeleton" is hilarious and I have no doubt that "Sreaming Forehead" will be, too....If you loved those films of the 50's, rent "Lost Skeleton" for a truly fun evening!
Here is Betty illustrating something with everyone in rapt attention. Mary, (the lady in the white blouse) worked the party. She is a lovely person who has worked with Will Grover for many years...That's Danny Miller over on the left, sitting on the floor...and just behind Betty is her cousin Carol.... And here are the rest of the floor sitters, listening intently to what Betty was saying and as you can see, she was demonstrating something with her very expressive hands...That's the adorable Maddie, with her back to the camera, Kendall H. & her husband Danny M., all truly giving Betty their full attention. She is one of the great story tellers of all time...I love that the "silly glasses" look so huge in this photograph...(pass your curser over the name and you'll find the direct link to where you can buy those fun glasses...) Dusk was just about to descend on the city outside my windows. (That is Betty's cousin Carol, once again)...The sun had not quite gone down completely, but you can see it was that summer kind of very early evening...the city is always changing depending on the time of day and the weather, of course. Often people will say to me...'Oh you are probably bored with your view by now'...Well, in a word, No...It is utterly fascinating and always interesting and wonderful to look out there....it is different almost each and every time, I assure you....


Earlier, Andy Parks took this photograph of me conducting the last strains of "Happy Birthday, just before I blew out the candles on that beautiful cake. Standing behind me and over to the far left is the fabulous Shawn Flannigan, who I mentioned earlier, and next to him is the very dear and wonderful Joe Umbrino....another terrific man that I first met in 1988 through my work with S.T.A.G.E....a good and dear friend....and then that darling Maddie over there on the right.... And now, evening has truly descended on Los Angeles and with the city in the background and my dear friend Glenn with his girlfriend in silouette, you get just a little glimpse of the beauty of Los Angeles at night....the party has pretty much wound down at this point and my Big Birthday Celebration is just about over....

So, I have now begun my 76th year...Oh, I fnd this soooo very hard to believe, you will never know...My week, (almost) of Celebrations of my Birthday was absolutely wonderful and everything that happened---the "Virtual" Party and the Birthday Dinner on June 27th, and this party on July 1st, made this Brthday one of the best most special and memorable Birthdays I have ever had... This was in the Hallway of my home as people arrived, and this photo was taken just before the start of the party on July 1st. All the Balloons were fresh and full and very much reaching for the sky....If there was any doubt in anyone's mind which Birthday this was...well, when they saw this, it was pretty clear. Two days later, I took this next photo. The Balloons had floated down and died, but the 7 and 5 Mylar Ballooons were still very perky! I thank everyone of you out there in Cyberspace for your gracious and caring Birthday wishes and visits....the Blogworld was an unexpected and lovely lovely bonus for me on this rather profound occassion....three quarters of a century I have been on this earth and I know this sounds like a cliche, but from my vantage point right now as I write this...it all seemed to happen in a blink of an eye...of course I know it didn't...it's just that right now, it feels like it did, and that is utterly surprising to me. So, this Birthday may be over, and the Celebrations may be over, but.....

More will still be forthcoming....








27 Comments:
had this to say:

Unless someone else is typing the same time I am, then I am first to leave a comment after this post!!

Wow! What a great 75th b-day celebration!!!!
The food and fun were great, but most of all the friends are what made it wonderful.
Thanks for sharing it all with your blog buddies.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 3:20:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It's not the final part?? I don't mind at all.

I like those numeral balloons, and I like that you haven't tried to lie about your age like so many women do. I have always thought I looked my age, so there was no need to lie about it. You, however, look GREAT! and you could probably hedge a bit...LOL

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 3:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Dear friend you have had some of the best posts with your celebrations! I have enjoyed every minute of them! From the look back at your childhood to the pictures of your party it's been wonderful, seeing your friends and the beautiful flowers and of course that yummy chocolate cake!! I'm so happy you shared all this with us! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this special time in your life!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 3:32:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Thank you, dear Naomi, for letting us experience your party. I feel as though I had been there!

Good friends are more valuable than gold, aren't they.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 3:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Just came back to see if there were more party pictures, looks like it was quite an awsome party.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 6:18:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I love the way those little lights trim your balcony! Just gorgeous. I would love to see your view!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 6:55:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Cool, we get to see more from your great celebration. :-)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 7:32:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful celebrations with us! It has been so fun to live vicariously :)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 7:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful party with us! It has been great fun for me!
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 7:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh, the pictures are great. I love the view both in the daylight and at night! All those lights must be awesome to see.

So glad you had such a wonderful and memorable birthday Naomi and thanks for sharing it. It has been a real treat for me!!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 8:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

happy belated and thanks for coming to barbara's parties today!

that evening pix of la is just beautiful!!!!! i can't even imagine looking out the window every night and seeing that beautiful site of the night!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 8:41:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

what a lovely party! I hope you had a simply wonderful birthday!!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 9:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

That night time view over the city is absolutely gorgeous! You are so lucky to be able to see it every night. Thanks for sharing your party with us - it was like having a little taster of what must have been a wonderful warm celebration.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 2:16:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

as always.. great pictures Naomi.
You certainly had the best of the best party. It's going to be hard to top it next year!
It's nice to that we an relive it by blogging it this way.. double your pleasure double your fun! :0)

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 4:34:00 AM PDT 

Blogger dan
had this to say:

So, what are the plans for next year?

:)

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 7:30:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

I now feel I know your guests so that I would actually stop and greet them if I ever run into them, lol. What a wonderful party you had!! and what wise words...years just fly by, that's why we have to enjoy every day. Have a great one today, my dear!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 7:48:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a wonderful celebration it's been and thanks Naomi, for sharing it all with us.
That view of yours is spectacular, especially the night time one.
I thought the "7" and "5" was pretty symbolic....still perky the day after. I think that indicates the year ahead will also be very perky for you.
Wishing you many days of sunshine and happiness as you begin another path on your journey.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 8:19:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Dear Naomi, I have enjoyed this great thread of your Birthday!
What a wonderful pleasure seeing your friends, your beautiful house and this joyful Celebration!
Every day I enjoyed and “taste” a "piece" of your Birthday. I love those lights surrounding your balcony! What a gorgeous view in the daylight and at night! What a wonderful pleasure you have every day looking out the window to the big city!
Thanks very much, my dear Naomi, for sharing your Lovely Celebration with us!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 11:27:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

OH! Now I see what direction you face. Great view.

You get to see the change of the iPod building. Very colorful.

~S

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 11:58:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Thank you for sharing your celebrations!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 12:57:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a great birthday! How nice to have it surrounded by those you care for. Here's to another wonderful year!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 3:51:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

The balloon is gorgeous really matches with the celebrant who is also gorgeous! I love the view on you balcony area. I guess it is lovely there to sit down during nighttime and gaze the lights of the city

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 4:24:00 PM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

Thanks for the link. I used to get treats for Nyssa's goody bags from that company. I think I'll order a couple dozen and give them to her friends for her next party. My goodness that will be number 21 for her... but, no hurry, it isn't until next spring.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 4:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I think it's fantastic that you shared your special day with us. :)

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 11:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh, there's that deck at night, my favorite!
I keep trying to peek at the art on your walls, too, very interesting.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 10:33:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

The picture of the view from your deck at night is awesome.

Friday, July 14, 2006 at 3:16:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous christine wainright
had this to say:

hi my name is christine wainright i see that u have an uncle that i have been looking for about 20 years in one of ur pictures his name is joe umbrino please if u can relay a message to him that he has family trying to find him and that miss him dearly please email me moylan051998@yahoo.com thank you from the bottom of my heart

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 6:20:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.