Monday, July 10, 2006
the party-part 5

So here are a few more "silly eyes"...this is the very talented Charley Berliner, a fantastic Set/Costume Designer, who both Betty and I have worked with....It is so funny what these 'glasses do to people...he felt like making a fish face kissing mouth (lol)...And I decided to do a 'goofy mouthed" one, cause I already had done the smiling one with Garrett... And then I asked Will Grover, the Caterer, to put on a pair of these goofy glasses and I took a picture of him, too...Of course you don't know what he looks like ususally, but he is a very nice looking guy as well as being a wonderful caterer, too... And then we have Betty and her two dear sons with their disguised eyes and in her case, nose, too! Silly? You bet! But such fun! What's funny, too, is that Andy...over on the left, actually looks like he is looking at something away from the camera...I just loved these glasses and as you can see and the whole Parks Family loved them, too....Here is Maddie in her disguise-eyes and nose.And then Betty's cousin, Carol Smith, who flew down from San Jose just for my Birthday Bash, has on the "silly eyes", too, in this picture. But she put them on upside-down on purpose, and you can't hardly tell the difference can you? And because she loved the "silly glasses" too, and her Uncle Andy asked her to pose with the glum-looking-face-on, Maddie truly did look like one of those Keene paintings! A perfect finish to the disguises, don't you think? And just so you can see a display of what was in the bags, Maddie had taken everything out of her bag and exhausted herself with doing that! (lol)...and some other people had, too... I tell you this child is 10 going on 25! Those are her Daddy's feet behind her and her Grandma's feet over to the left...and you can just sort of see a teeny tiny bit of Danny & Kendall Miller over in the right hand corner, both playimg with the stuff from their bags...And here is Danny a bit earlier...talking with Seemah and Carol S. And here are the ladies he was talking with... I have two big bears from The North American Bear Company---one Pink and one Blue---that sit on that little couch and I love that people just moved them so they could sit down on the couch....These Bears have faded to some degree cause I've had them for a good 25 or more years...And in this next photo which is like Musical Chairs...Seemah is sitting on the couch (this was a bit earlier, I think...) And you can see the poor bears have been tossed aside in a haphazard manner... But some nice kind person 'righted' them so that at least they were sitting up in the picture above.(lol). This is the back of Carol DeLuise talking with Michael Franks....That beautiful Light Green Marble Sculpture on the lower right is a wonderful Rabbitt and was done by an artist from Zimbabwe.That stone is the natural color found right their in that country....

Now, one more will be forthcoming and then I think that will wind up 'the party'!







21 Comments:
had this to say:

What a wonderful party you had. :)
I'm telling you, those glasses are a fantastic ice-breaker idea.
~S

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 2:55:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What fun you all had, amazing what a pair of novelty glasses will do for people lol.
Maddie has legs that go on forever, I bet she is a dancer too right ?

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 3:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Love those eyeglasses and the beautiful paintings you have all over your house. You have a large collection other than your friends and cactus.

Awww, no more photos to share? Well anyway, I enjoyed viewing all of them and reading the stories that went with them.

Cheers!

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 4:32:00 PM PDT 

Blogger TLP
had this to say:

What fun these party posts are!

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 5:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hey Naomi - love those googly eyes - what fun!!

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 6:20:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Great, great, great!! I have never seen glasses like that, but they were a hit apparently!! Wonderful pictures Naomi. Your home is so lovely. Cute bears too!!1

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 6:42:00 PM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

I think I'll have to remember those glasses to get for Nyssa's next birthday. I'm sure college girls could think of some really funny uses. Do tell what they were called exactly!

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 8:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

If I ever have another party, I am going to find those glasses. They are a great ice-breaker and continuing fun! Maddie looks great in them. enjoying all the pics, Naomi.

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 9:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love love love those googly glasses with eyes!!! I am going to search out some for our next party. They are so cool!!!! :)

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 10:56:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I am so happy for you! I went back and caught up on all the other posts. I looks like it was a terrific party. LOVED the funny eyeglasses, too! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful home!

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 11:02:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

a birthday party to remember!!! what fun, Naomi.

Monday, July 10, 2006 at 11:58:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love those glasses. If only I can find them here it's good for parties or other fun events. Your house looks very lovely. Sorry for the mistake the other time.
If you have time, drop by my site and join me with the Birthday Bash for Barbara.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 12:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

isn't it fun when people react to something silly and "childish"!! and we "older" folk do it so well! hahahahaha..
I am glad you had such a wonderful party Naomi!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 3:53:00 AM PDT 

Blogger JR
had this to say:

Oh those glasses are great! Glad you had so much fun. I'll try to get caught up on your posts this weekend. :-)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 5:20:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

another great installment! lovely house, lovely people! ;)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 7:04:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi Naomi! I feel like you did after your party, trying to shift from 5th gear to 1st. You have google eyes, I have hula hoops today. I also have a series of group shots in which people are always licking their fingers at the cook-out. Reminds me of your teddy bears being moved around. The behind the scenes quirks. I love them!

Maddie wins the google eye prize!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 9:07:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

This is so much fun, Naomi...I hate to see it end.
Maddie is simply striking....and ONLY 10? What a knock-out she'll be in a few years! Hollywood...watch out!
I love your bears...they're so cute. And your paintings are awesome...I've enjoyed seeing them all displayed.
You should blog on some of those and give us the history behind them.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 9:57:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Ha! You're right- Maddie did have the perfect Keane look. What a fun idea (the glasses and taking pics).

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 11:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wonderful and happy Party, Naomi. Love those funny glasses! Marvelous and memorable Birthday!
I am also very impressed with the beautiful paintings and photos on the wall! Just great!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 9:58:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

what a wacky party especially with those sunglasses

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at 4:22:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

So glad to see you were graced with a fantastic celebration for your birthday. Thanks for sharing it with us too.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 6:33:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.