Saturday, January 07, 2006


MY GARDEN

This is a rather long post, so take that bathroom break, now!



I started my Cactus Garden in 1986. It is hard to believe that almost 20 years have passed....I've always loved Cactus, so after I had the outside of my home painted and when I realized that the painters left all the surounding areas looking like a War Zone...I decided I wanted to do something different with my garden...And, I had always loved Cactus.

My house hangs out over the hill cantilever style, which is one of the great alternative methods of building in the hills....And it's almost the only way, given the steepness of some of these hill lots. The largest portion of land available to me for planting, is underneath my house. I began planting down below my house after clearing out a lot of things that were of no real interest to me because there had never been any rhyme or reason for them being there in the first place.

BUT, I didn't do any of the underneath planting until I kind of ran out of room upstairs in the front of my home. When I began out in front I started with this rather small piece of land on the far side of my garage which is on the left of my house as you face it. If you read my World Aids Day post, on December 1st, you may remember I spoke of a wonderful man named Jim Lee, who owned a nursery and who became a good friend. The plants I mentioned in that post were one of the first things I planted after finally tracking them down at his place. They are called Yucca Rostrata's, and they come from Texas. I had never ever seen them before in my life, and then came across them outside this building near Theatre West where they were in huge pots....(this was the place that eventually told me they had come from Flamingo Gardens, Jim Lee's nursery.) And here they are, very shortly after I planted them in 1986....that plant to the right behind it is a Euphorbia Ingens....






The next photo is about 3 or 4 years later....and as you can see, the Rostrata's haven't grown that much, yet, but that Euphorbia Ingens over in the back, on the far right, has.... It is very very exciting to watch these incredible plants grow and change and mature.


Here they are, about 10 or 11 years later.....(over on the right)


Rostrata's are not fast growers at all, so this was pretty remarkable. (And as you will see in the next photo....today, the Rostrata's are huge !)





And here they are, in all their glory. The Euphorbia Ingens, that big one behind the Rostrata's, has grown unbelievably....and it is actually about 2 to 3 feet lower than the Rostrata's due to the nature of the hill...And if you look carefully, there is a tiny Rostrata...behind the first one on the left, which is a baby off of one of those original three, and it's about 10 years old....they grow v-e-r-y slowly till they reach a certain age....



Amazingly beautiful plants....

The huge thin hairy-fuzzy cluster over to the right, is probably about 15 years old, and it was given to me by a friend.....it came in a tiny oblong planter, 3 inches by 6 inches and there were three teeny tiny stalks of these hairy people....here is a close-up of some flowers on this plant....it has had over 500 flowers in any given year....and they are most unusual....here is a picture of them....as you can see, they are tubular in shape and a deep red, in color....with a little stamen, that is yellow....

They do not open any further than you see in the photo....and as with so very many Cactus type plants, these are very sculptural and also, as you can see with this particular plant, very very phallic, too!
What's interesting too, is...the fuzz looks soft and like it would be nice to the touch....NOT! One must be extremely careful with cactus type plants....they are often very spikey and almost lethal....but you see, that is their protection in 'the wild'....so, though beautiful as they are, you really have to keep your distance, in a certain way......I personally find them utterly fascinating....knowing that they have survived century upon century...through everything imagineable and unimagineable, and that they still persevered and endured...they are survivors, and I think that's another reason I like them....they inspire me....


Once I started to plant things down below my house, (after removing all sorts of stuff that wasn't really serving much of a purpose) then, I had to have a way to get closer to the plants that I planted. The hill underneath my house was virtually impassable all the years I had lived here. Anytime I had ever tried to get down there just a little bit, I would fall because it was so very steep, and there was nothing to hold onto....so, after we began planting just a few things down below, it became clear that I needed stairs and walkways and then the task was to find someone who would be able to build these stairs and walkways....There was a mason who had done work for me in the past and I liked him very very much. He was honest and worked very quickly and cleanly and always finished ahead of his estmated schedule....a rarity in the 'building busines'. So I spoke with him and he came out to see the "problem" area....He said he thought the best materials to use were Railroad Ties...new ones, he suggested, because he said, they would weather very well and it's material that is guarenteed forever! Plus, he felt that due to the nature of this hill, railroad ties would look great....and I agreed with him, and so Joe Leone, the fabulous man and mason, began. These picture show the beginnings of two of the areas where we put the steps and stairways.

Over approximately a five year period we added more stairs and more walkways...And this happened as the garden grew with each passing year....Because, as I planted more plants so, more steps and walkways were needed...and, by the end of this 5 year period I was able to traverse my property from top to bottom and all the way from left to right...(it's almost impossible to show in pictures...you need to walk through it to get the full impact of the steepness and the vastness of this garden....)






Here are some more of the very special plants that were living in the garden, at the time this photo was taken....(I say this, THIS way, because, as with any living things, there are illnesses and in the case of plants, fungi and other diseases that can happen...and, unfortunately, DID happen...so I've lost almost 45 plants over these last two and a half years....Incredibly heartbreaking to me, I might add...I'm just grateful that I took all the photoraphs that I did...before their demise....)



This is a panoramic view, sort of, of just one little section of the garden,(looking north-east) with a couple of my neighbors homes in the background....(this neighborhood is filled with lot's af Artists and Artisans of Film and Television....the two homes in the background were both built around 1927...many, many of the original homes that were built in this area as it was being developed back then, are Spanish Style with Red Tiled Roofs...and it always gave this area a lovely feeling...as time has gone on, somewhere along about the late 1950's, the original developer lost control of the 'type' of home that could be built here, and so now you see many different styles of architecture up here in these hills, as you see throughout most Los Angeles neighborhoods).....and it's interesting that after I began developing the property underneath my home, my neighbors began doing the same thing, in their own way of course....and by this act of developing previously unchartered territory, many of us have increased our living space and by so doing we have enriched our lives as well as the lives of all those who live in this neighborhood.
Many of my neighbors love my garden and tell me so as they walk the neighborhood on any given afternoon, which is very gratifying.

Here is a photo of a different view of the garden looking north-west....


You can see that this is quite a steep hill with the steps going up, and all....and you can just barely see one of the white pilings in the upper right hand corner of the photo, under some greenery...one of quite a few pilings I might add, helping to hold up my cantilivered house...









You can really see a portion of the underneath of my house in this photo...(more north than east) another part of the garden looking up to the right hand corner of the house....and more pilings....and more plants, too....







If you are way down at the bottom right corner of the property and look up, this is what you see...Another Rostrata in the forground and the corner of my house, hanging over the hill, at the top of the photo...and you get just a small idea of the steepness of this hill.....





And then, this photo is looking up at the undernath of my house from the lower left hand corner, with a Sequaro in the foreground....these beautiful majestic plants are found in the desert all over Arizona...and this one, here in my garden is just a baby. Probably only 200 years old!


There will be more to come.....and just to give you a little treat...I'm going to post one more photograph.....a flower that proves that these plants have a tender beautiful soul.....and a heart, too.....



This is a close-up of a flower that is only about a half an inch high.....so much beauty and vibrant color in such a tiny little person...and living on a rather scary spikey though beautifully symetrical plant...







Like I said...More to come...

***FURTHER UPDATE: Saturday, Late Afternoon...They came; they saw; they have no answers yet! Hopefully Monday they will come up with two different scenerio's, after they get some prices on 'cherry picker's' and/or other types of "lifts"....it is completely clear, I'm sorry to say, that NOW, we'll be lucky if we can save more arms...Part of the problem is that very few people have worked with these kinds of plants....Virgin Cacti Removers...!

I hope I will know more by late Monday...one thing that Seven realized today and showed me is that the plant broke somewhat at the bottom...so besides being uprooted, the weight of the plant combined with these gale like-Tornado-like winds, snapped this poor dear at the bottom...Oh Nurse!***





















79 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Lovely garden. Here in the UK we can only keep cacti indoors, so it's an eye-opener for me seeing cacti so BIG. Wish we had your weather though!

My garden slopes, but I'll never complain again... yours is a magnificent slope.

I found you via blogger dashboard updates, (random clicking) and I was very impressed.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 2:22:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

WOW Naomi just wow. I am truly impressed not only with your garden but with the fact you have picture documenting the "history" of it. I am also tickled I get to be the first over here from Micheles to comment :)
Good night dear lady !

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 2:35:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

That should be pictures plural, I am obviously tired lol.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 2:36:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Great pictures and great cacti. They are really something special. I have always liked them. People can always tend to put too much water on them if they are not careful.

Michele sent me here.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 3:03:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

awesome green thumb you have there, naomi! the many beautiful plants in your garden reflects how much love and devotion you have placed into taking care of them. :)

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 3:37:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi, the photos of your garden are absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us. You certainly have improved the look of the land with your gardening, and the cacti are great to look at.

In ref. to your comment about depressed people: I know what you say is right for most people, but the woman of whom I speak has made it a career. She admits to being on antidepressants for 20 years, and she claims none of them ever works. I know that one can build a tolerance for certain medications, but I say if it proves not to work - get onto something else that might. Anyway, this woman just loves being depressed; it oozes from her pores. I am oprdinarily an empathetic person, but this one wears me out with her whining.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 5:43:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Would you believe that Michele sent me back so soon? I forgot to say before that I love those odd looking, fuzzy phallic symbols you grow! LOL

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 5:46:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What an amazing property!
Michele sent me.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 6:47:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Love those desert plants :) And the flowers - especially the night bloomers with those delicate delicate blossoms that only live for a few hours - I do understand why you love cacti so much! It's why we love the desert. :)

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 8:27:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I have never been here but WOW! You have a very beautiful landscape from what it looks and sounds like. WE know alot of people that live in the foothills there and the homes are so beautiful- they way they can be built. I love your Rostrata's. It is awesome how they are such slow growers. I try to grow things all the time and they always die. I am soooo bad in the garden:(
Michele sent me here today:)

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 8:36:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Lovely garden, Naomi! I wanted to go out today to post my cactus and the neighbors' but it has been raining. Can't compete with your garden but you have inspired one post, as soon as the sun comes back (not before tuesday, I am afraid, but we need the water!)
Keep us posted on your damaged cactus...

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 8:41:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi, do you EVER sleep? Michele sent me back this time.

BTW, I will be posting a series of California postcards soon; one shows the Hollywood sign, so maybe your house is in it....lol

Go to bed!

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 9:16:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Good morning, Naomi!

Wonderful pictures! To say your garden is amazing is a gross understatement. Its truly incredible and I can see why you have so much pride and love for it. Keep sharing!!!!

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 9:18:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Some lovely plants and photos there. I'm here from Michele's this time.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 11:06:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

wow so many cacti & so big! You must be very proud & rightly so. I've only ever seen little cacti as tyhey don't flourish in the UK:-( But they are the only plants I don't kill as I forget to water them for months at a time:-)

Back from micheles

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 12:01:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Well Naomi, it's just lovely. You have put so much work in over the years and showing the pictures of how things have grown and progressed over the years is amazing! I love all the cacti. I have grown a few small ones here in the house but I think I over-watered and they died.

I love the hairy-fuzzy things that get those blooms that look like giant bird beaks to me! Looks like you have a lovely view of the city there as well! You have put much love into your plants and it shows!
Great post!!!

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 12:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Very impressive.... I'm SO jealous. As various Anglo's have already said it's FAR too damp here for outside cacti so we have to make do with the little potted varieties.

They're my kind of plants... thrive on neglect and somewhat prickly if man-handled too much. Maybe I was a cacti in a previous life... (chuckle)

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 2:13:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

What beautiful pictures. You're clearly a very patient woman!

Michele sent me....this time!

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 2:49:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Thanks to your extraordinary pictures and words, I now feel as if I've visited one of the loveliest places on earth. Thank you for taking us on yet another fascinating journey.

Feel free to add chapters as you see fit. I love your vision.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 2:51:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That is an absolutely gorgeous piece of property and I love what you have done with it.

That cactus are awesome, but then so is all the rest.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 2:52:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

beautiful! and ideas :) i wonder how well cacti would grow in MS.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 3:01:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a gorgeous landscape. Glad to see you treasuring all this wonderful diverse beauty.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 4:20:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

It looks great! i love cactus..

Michele sent me..

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 5:39:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

It's stunning! I love it~when can I come for a visit? ;)

Hello, Michele sent me today!

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 5:55:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Beautiful garden. Thanks so much for sharing a peak at it.

Here via Michele's tonight.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 5:56:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hey,

thanks for the numerous visits. Lovely vegetation. Sincerely. Looks like you make a lovely home & garden.

In regard to your query on your last comment, this should clarify.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gaydar

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 6:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

wow your garden is beautiful!!!
Here from Michele's

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 6:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Phew! that was a long post!
Here from Micheles!

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 6:29:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Thanks for popping by my site today!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photos - it's great that you have managed to take photos over time just to see how much your cacti have grown. How amazing is that? Your block of land looks really steep but I love the fact that you've made it accesable(?) with the steps. Good one. And your view! WOW.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 6:32:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Length? No problem...I just looked at the pictures.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 7:21:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Oh, I just LOVE it!

But forget the garden; you must have one Hell of a view!

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 8:00:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I love the pictures that you have posted.

P.S.~ I have update my blog and answered your question

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 8:09:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Michele sent me back,you are my last visit for awhile I need to get inspired and actually blog something new for tomorrow !

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 9:02:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

after living in the south west my whole life, but the midwest for the past 3 years, it's so nice to see all your beautiful Cacti!!

I miss the hot, dry weather more than I can say...

Here from Michele's!

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 9:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 9:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hope they can figure out your cactus problems...and soon! Congrats on your green thumb...

Michele sent me back again....

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 9:17:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I've kvelled before about how much I love cactus gardening and how nice it is to see in LA instead of dichondra and overwatered green lawns. By planting desert natives, you're saving water as well as making a beautiful environment. One question tho, when you have a lot of rains, how to you keep the hill from eroding. Cactus have such shallow root systems, how do they keep the dirt from cascading downwards.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 9:18:00 PM PST 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

Great garden. Sorry to hear about your broken cactus. They don't fare much better than pine trees with the high end straight winds.

Here from Michele.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 9:18:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

OOLOTH, every time I come here and look at those fuzzy phalluses with the red extensions on them - I laugh!


Michele sent me again!

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 9:32:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That's such a beautiful garden & cacti are so perfect for the Southern California terrain. Your garden would have been my dad's dream. He also gardened, built stairs out of railroad ties, made patios with hammocks...just for our yard.
You must have such a good eye for how things will look once theyr'e full grown. omgosh I never would have imagined the little place by your driveway would look so full all these years later.
Yes, that 1 plant is very phallic (and why do I stare?) oy vey
I adore little flowers that survive. The one I'm so amazed with is Edelweiss...it survives in snow, so tiny & beautiful.
I'm sorry about you losing your plant, but hopefully you can replant from the arms, so it will live on.
Bless you Naomi

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 11:27:00 PM PST 

Blogger Ben
had this to say:

That is amazing, what a piece of work.

Well done.

Michele sent me.

Cheers.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 11:41:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Back again via Michele!

Oh, and the editor without html I was talking about in my post in the new version of WordPress. If you ever decide you'd like to migrate out of Blogger and into your own domain, let me know, I'd be happy to help you make the switch. :)

Saturday, January 7, 2006 at 11:49:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

greetings from michele!

you are seriously cactus-y! i had a cactus in a pot in my room as a teen. my mom said it was the only thing she could count on me to keep alive. my prowess with plants has not improved. i did not seem to get my moms green thumb!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 12:10:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

here from michele's

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 12:36:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow! That must be a full time job! Here via Michele's but I pop around on my own too.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 12:52:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Michele sent me your way this morning, my dear. Your Euphorbia (spell?) are beautiful, I haven't seen them around here so it must be your domain.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 1:44:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!

Michelle sent me!!

Have a great Sunday!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 2:06:00 AM PST 

Blogger Bec
had this to say:

Hi there and thanks for visiting. I love the length of your post, it felt like reading a magazine article on hillside living!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 2:57:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow! Those cacti are fabulous! Thanks for stopping by, come back soon.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 5:25:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Gorgeous!

Michele sent me.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 6:21:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Lovely garden, Naomi! It's wonderful that you have picture the "history" of your plants!
I love the cactus family and your yard is just gorgeous!

And thank you so much for your kind words on my place. Love your positive and encouraging words about my "job".

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 6:35:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

You have quite a view there and some of those cacti look most unusual! :) Very nice.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 6:40:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a beautiful and different kind of garden than what I'm used to. Exotic!

I'm supposed to be taking the day off from blogging...so I tell myself, but I had just one little photo I wanted to post. See you next week!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 6:43:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love cactuses but I marvel more at how arrid it looks. I cranked today about snow, but I am not sure if I would like the alternative. Do not misunderstand, I love the garden and your cactuses...aw, nevermind...this isn't heading in the right direction. LOL I do marvel at your view too! Incredible!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 7:40:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a phenomenal garden! I am so amazed by your hobby/passion! I envy you your beautiful yard and view. So glad I found your site!Happy New Year!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 7:42:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a pretty sight to see! Especially for a gal living in the dead brown throes of winter in WV, lol! Your garden seems very peaceful, like it would be a serene place to just sit, think, and write :)

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 8:15:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi!!!! I don't know what's more amazing...your garden, or your photographic history of it! What an incredible array of cacti... I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks for sharing!!!

(here by way of michele today)

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 9:13:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

My cacti pictures are posted, just for you sweetie!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 9:16:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I LOVE your garden...so exotic and just like I have seen on the movies :-)

And when are you going to tell us who your 'film/tv' neighbours are???? :-D

cq
MSM - this time, my dear..

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 9:51:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Michele says howdy!

Great cactus.... Wish i could grow some so big....

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 10:14:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hi OOL - here agin :-)

btw - my skiing trip is in a place called Sonthofen in Bavaria [gulp]

cq
MSM - again!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 10:26:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hey, OLOTH -

I replied to your concerns about the term you found offensive on my site, if you care for further clarification.


Love Ya
p

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 10:50:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

UNBELIEVABLE! I'm so jealous. You could actually have organized tours of your garden. I'd pay to see it! (But only if you were the tourguide!) The pix of the history of your garden are truly remarkable. Thanks so much for sharing. Michele sent me today. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 11:57:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Beautiful pictures. You've worked hard at making it so lovely.

Michele sent me.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 12:06:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Your garden has such variety and interest. It's great that you've kept pictures and can see how things have changed over time. That tiny flower is so perfectly beautiful. Sometimes we miss the wonder and beauty of little things.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 12:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

The thing I love most about that post is after all the majestic cacti and views....the single flower eclipses them all for sheer beauty :-)

cq
MSM - again

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 2:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I was telling an elderly friend today about your garden. She loved the pics and was seriously moaning about the SNOW we had this morning. California looks so inviting on a day like today.

Via Michele

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 2:26:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Gorgeous, though that one picture looked kinda rude in a funny way.

Here via Michele's.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 4:25:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Okay, you are making me jealous. When can I come visit?

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 4:42:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I am impressed! You've landscaped your garden so beautiful that words are simply inadequate.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 4:54:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I am back from Micheles AGAIN, Naomi I love your plants but I have seen them now more then a few times HAHA.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 5:23:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

The length of the comments area is even longer!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 5:36:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

WOW! Your cactus are stunning. Just gorgeous. The pictures are fabulous. I can't even begin to imagine what they must look like when you are standing there next to them. Your guests must marvel at the beauty! They truly are beautiful.

And I'm also marveling at all your visitors here. Wow again!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 5:49:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm more into bamboo, but I might just have to get a cactus now. Great job!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 9:31:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Guess what: Michele sent me your way this morning!! to see you have many, many comments! good for you. Glad you liked my pics.

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 10:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Boy, you weren't kidding when you said it was going to be a long post! LOL! You've got one heck of a graden there! Pictures are lovely too. :-)

Monday, January 9, 2006 at 1:34:00 AM PST 

Blogger Gel
had this to say:

I've never seen a cacti garden of that scale in person, in a book, or on the net. WOW! Fascinating.
I'm so sorry fungi destroyed so much and hope that the future will be more cacti filled for you.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 at 7:41:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow! I am a cacti lover myself, but my little window garden can only fantacize about growing to be a garden like that. WOW again. I am jealous.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 at 9:58:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm here to post my appreciation for the cactus garden. Can't say "invite me over" since I have no car, just a bicycle. Still, I can visit on the web, thanks! ;)

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 1:00:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.