Wednesday, January 04, 2006


LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE #2

Okay...here is the way this one comes down...

1- I played duets on the piano with Jeff Bridges.

Yes! I did play duets with Jeff...we both belonged to Theatre West and we had a special improvisational night there called "Thursdays"..so called cause we couldn't think of another name for it....But it was an 'anything goes' kind of night...including in this case, Jeff and myself playing "gibberish" duets on the piano there..it was one of the most exciting excersizes I've ever participated in...
Jeff and I had an exquisite musical communication that showed that we were so in tune with one another it almost sounded like we were actually playing real music...I've always been sorry that there was no recording of that 'happening'...it was THE perfect example of 'talking' and 'listening' which is what all truly great acting is based on, only this was musical communication, at it's finest! We played like this for a good 45 minutes!!! It was great!



2-Chazz Palmenteri was in a play I wrote.

Yes! Indeed he was. It was his first paying 'acting job' in Los Angeles.
He was working as a bouncer for a very posh nightclub in Beverly Hills...and he was also a member of Theatre West, at the time. I had written a three-act play called "The Dressing Room" about backstage happenings on a particular night of a particular play in a Broadway Theatre, one hour before curtain, which took place in four different Dressing Rooms in 'real time'. Chazz played the Limosine driver who happened to be a good friend of The Stage Manager of this particular play. It was not a huge part, but it was a very important part because it showed the frustrations of a young man who wanted better things than driving a limo.... Chazz was quite wonderful in it. And all during the run of my play he was writing and working on his own one-man show, "A Bronx Tale", which became a hugely successful Theatre piece (Directed by the very handsome and incredibly talented Mark Travis....remember him at my New Year's Party?) and then "Bronx Tale" went on to be a successful film which was directed by Robert DeNiro (another crummy show biz story....)....besides being a super actor, Chazz was a real team player in my play, too, which really endeared him to me.



3- I shared a dressing room with Lucy Lawless-Xenia.

Yes! As some of you seemed to know, already...I did indeed, along with 30 (yes, thirty!) some-odd other women...and not a 'diva' among them I might add, including Lucy.
She performed in the S.T.A.G.E. Benefit, (Southland Theatre Artists Goodwill Event) which I Co-Chair with Betty Garrett. Besides being incredibly co-operative and nice and very very talented---she sang beautifully--Lucy could have been a Diva, but wasn't, at all! She single handedly sold over $10,000 worth of tickets just because she has this incredible fan-base who travel just about anywhere to support her and anything she lends her support to as well. I had never heard of Xenis...never seen it...had no idea what it was, so when our Director David Galligan told me Lucy Lawless had agreed to do our show..I said; "Who?" I know...deeply feeble....! But I found out pretty quickly. And during our three day marathon weekend of performances, someone asked me to ask her if she had any personal kinds of things she would be willing to donate to our Silent Auction...and this question came up because we were all so impressed with her loyal fans who had booked seats for all three shows; flown in from the east, etc. It's a long story which I won't go into now, but, suffice it to say, Lucy couldn't have been more cooperative or nicer about it, and donated three things that were very special limited-editions DVD's of her show...which she
signed especially for S.T.A.G.E., and with signed photo's too....so ultimately she helped to raise another almost $5000. with this donation.....ALL this in the most generous and open hearted way...I would say that all of us were very impressed with her heartfelt generosity as well as being so giving of her talent....for no money I might add...All the talent in our shows do not get paid a dime! All proceeds go to the AIDS Charitys that we do this for, and S.T.A.G.E. is the oldest longest running AIDS Benefit, in the world. This coming March will be the 22nd year of this fund raiser.



4- I have met two former Presidents of The United States.

Yes! I have met two former Presidents.
So now you know that Ben Affleck has not been in my house...BUT, there is more to that story, which I will get to after the Presidential sagas...

The Presidents: I got to meet Lyndon Johnson in Washington D.C., when he was still President of The United States. I won't go into the exact circumstances except to say it was at a rather important ground breaking ceremony. President Johnson was this very tall very very handsome and imposing man. He smiled at me and shook my hand and I just about swooned...There is something awesome about 'The Office', and this makes 'The Man In That Office' even more incredibly awesome, too...it has nothing to do with weather you like his polictics or not....that seems to have no meaning when this kind of thing happens to you...I've spoken to other people who have met Presidents and former Presidents whose politics they abhored...and they were bowled over by the 'personal charisma' of that President...
Truthfully, I didn't care for Johnson's politics, especially concening the Viet Nam war, but I tell you, this man was charismatic like the biggest Rock Star you could possibly imagine, ever!
I met Dwight D. Eisenhower, and it was long after he was President....very long after....
He lived in Palm Springs, at least in the winters, he did... (That seems to be a popular place for some former Presidents...) and he was a great Golfing afficianado...the people I was with knew him and again, I just got to shake his hand and say hello, and I was in tears for a few moments after, I was so moved by the experience...and I thought he was a terrible President! So....I guess, our Presidents are like the rest of the world's royalty...The Office, truly generates an overwhelming awesomeness....no matter who the man actually is...that's pretty amazing in and of itself, isn't it?



5- Ben Affleck has been in my house.

Well, now you know that this was the lie...but, he actually could have been in my house, because he used to be a neighbor living as he did down the hill from me...
And I use to look down onto the roof of his house where the pool is (Only in The Hollywood Hills, right, pools on roofs!) and see him and some of his buddies swimming and sun bathing...

He sold that house because it was so very close to the street that he had absolutely no privacy, at all. (Little did he know he had someone looking down on his roof...Talk about 'no privacy'!)...I remember when that house was built...they had to gauge out a huge portion of the hill just to be able to build it and it was built on spec...so, when the speculater who built it, ran out of money and couldn't quite finish the house, the house was put on the market...All the people who live up here are always going to see houses that are up For Sale in the neighborhood...so, of course I wanted to see it....and trust me here...this was a terrible house....it was a very skinny house because of the hill problem; it went up 5 story's...and the kitchen was on the 2nd or 3rd floor...(don't remember now...) with the master bedoom on the 4th floor and the pool and patio on the 5th floor.....

It had no yard whatsoever, except for the hill behind the house which was at an almost 80 degree angle so that you couldn't really do anything with it at all....(it makes my hill underneath my house look flat, in comparison....) Anyway, I believe this was Mr. Affleck's first house after winning the Academy Award....and he sold this house during the most 'heated' part of his engagement to Jennifer Lopez, because the paparazzi gave him no peace and no privacy, either.....and frankly, I think his close-by neighbors weren't too thrilled with having lots and lots of people with camera's right at their front doors!

So there you have it.

Of all the people who guessed, it was interesting that all the answers were pretty evenly divided between #1, #2, #3, and #4...with, in order: 4, 4, 3 & 3 and so not quite half of you voted for #5 and you all were correct! (3 people had no idea at all, and so didn't vote at all....)

Congratulations to all those who guessed correctly! Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did....and thank you all for participating, my lovely's...



And, if you get a chance, do stop by Karen at Heartsongs today....her beloved doggie crossed over The Rainbow Bridge day before yesterday....and she could use the support of all of you who will understand this terrible loss because you have your own four footed friends whom you treasure....










25 Comments:
had this to say:

Whoopeee! I won! I won! I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket now!

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 5:02:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow, we have so much in common -- Ben Affleck has never been in my house either! Well, maybe I shouldn't say that because I can't know for certain. But I'm pretty sure! :)

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 6:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

TA DA! I got it right!

I met John Kennedy in 1960, when he was running for office and I was about 15 feet from Reagan when he campaigned here in Raleigh for some other Rep (I can't even remember who it was). Reagan was handsome until the end.

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 7:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Those people who didn't vote at all didn't have the guts to be WRONG like I did! Ha, Ha, Ha....

I saw President Bush throw a baseball at the Little League World Series, and that's as close as I've gotten to a president. My hubby heard Bush 41 speak at a conference.

So, Ben was never in your house. It looks like you've managed to survive the disappointment. (tee-hee)

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 10:33:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

A little off subject here, but USC plays tonight in the Rose Bowl, a little late this year.

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 10:51:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Woo Hoo!! I got it right!! What do I win?? LOL

Lucy Lawless is beautiful. I have to admit, I was surprised on what a great voice she has. Who knew Xena could sing? LOL

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 10:53:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

cor you certainly move in interesting circles

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 11:33:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I got it right too! From the picture of where Ben Affleck did live, they sure build those houses on the sides of the hills don't they? Then you hear of the landslides out there. Have any of those ever been near you?

I was looking back at the other post from your party. Betty Garrett is still lovely. She played on Archie Bunker as the neighbor Irene didn't she?? The one who was always fixing things! Am I right??

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 11:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Oh poo, wrong again *grin*

Maybe I should try this, let me se, which one is untrue?
1. I can sing all the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,with actions
2. I have cleared up all four common bodily fluids this week
3. I have piles of laundry so high they need a grappling hook & rope to reach the summit
4. I had a blond & a brunette in bed with me this morning
5. I have appeared in a Broadway play with Jeff Goldblum & Joanna Lumley

It's not as difficult when you're talking about my life:-)

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 12:13:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

So exciting (or annoying) even though Ben wasn't in your house, all that you could see going on.

I'm partial to Jeff, though. I think he's adorable and I like his movies. Poor Ben has been in some flops lately, hasn't he?

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 12:50:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Cute idea! I enjoyed reading this post. I'm here via Wendy at Wendy's Whimsies.

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 1:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I used to work with Lucy and that was the only one I knew for sure was true on your list LOL

BTW I have a 48 hour "casting call" on my blog if you want to take part :)

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 1:21:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Wow.....

'Old-old lady'....

If your life ever flashes before you... It could take a while.. a long while actually......

Most people I know could only dream of the experiences you've had.... (looks impressed)

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 1:49:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

bravo Kitty [applaud applaud]

just what I was thinking... :-)

cq

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 1:55:00 PM PST 

Blogger Jen
had this to say:

Wow, you have had a very interesting life!

I wouldn't have guessed that, I think I would have thought it was the Chazz Palmenteri one.

You know what? Wendy directed me to come here, and I read the list wrong and clicked to the wrong place. But, now I'm here and I'm so glad I came! What a fun site you have :) Sorry it took so long to get over here!

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 3:29:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

It's a pity we can't hear you and Jeff sing. If only this could be done in this blog site it would be fun hearing you both sing.

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 3:59:00 PM PST 

Blogger TLP
had this to say:

Wow. You have lead an interesting life lady!

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 4:27:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Wow! I missed the guessing part, but even without playing the reading was so much fun. Once again, you have me totally intrigued and totallin in awe of your life. I can't wait until the next game comes up.

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 5:14:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I love Jeff Bridges. I'd love to meet him - along with millions of others. I read his blog whenever he updates.

You live in an interesting place - especially if you are into glamor :)

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 7:45:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

p.s.
I am usually the one on the outside looking in - it would be nice to be the one on the outside looking out - er um - down - on a bunch of hotties in the swimming pool.

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 7:47:00 PM PST 

Blogger Gel
had this to say:

Well it was a tossup and I fell flat, but with grace. :)
I enjoy reading your personable tidbits of experience. I never read fan mags or followed celebrities in my entire life, but I enjoy the warm homey style of your blog. Thank you for sharing!

Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 10:48:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

i am terrible at this guessing thing... DO IT AGAIN!! i like this game, howveer my own life wasnt interesting enough to make this game fun if i were to host it. with you its just great, we all love trying to figure it out. i actually get together with other people and we all try to figure it out.

Thursday, January 5, 2006 at 2:14:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I got it!! I feel redeemed now!

Thursday, January 5, 2006 at 8:50:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

that was a way cool test! what an exciting life you must lead, my friend! :)

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 10:11:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I can't believe you shared a dressing room with Xena: Warrior Princess! You are just all about making me jealous today!!!

Sunday, January 8, 2006 at 9:18:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.