Sunday, July 03, 2011
birthday goodies

This was a gorgeous unbelievably incredible "arrangement" from dear dear Blogger, Tor and his lovely wife Anna, in Norway....Sent by them to me, from my very favorite florist in the whole world, ever...Van, of The Conservatory.....A true "Artist". I took this on Sunday morning, the day after my Party, and it was still beautiful-beyond-words, and fresh---as if it had been delivered just before I took the picture...See that big Purple Flower? Oh, My Lordy! A Cabbage Flower....Stunning---Nothing like it anywhere else----I LOVE this Cabbage Flower, more than I can say.....Thank You, dear Tor and Anna, for going to so much trouble just for me and my 80th Birthday....! (I ask, once again, How Did This Happen?? How could I have possibly turned 80 years old ??? OY VEY!) This "arrangement" above--also from Van, was sent to me by me dear darling long-time-friend--1962, Joyce Van Patten....A Gorgeous arrangement that also smelled, and still does, deliciously good....Joyce and I are the only ones left from "Spoon River Anthology".....She is in NYC and was recording the Original Cast Album of "The People In The Picture", the very day of my Birthday.....Joyce has been in more Broadway shows than any other person I know...And there she was, one-more-time, in a Musical, and recording the OC Album.....WOW! This is a Gorgeous tall Orchid plant that my dear gardener of more than twenty years, Seven and his wife Juanita, brought me.....! And here below, a closer look at the very beautiful blooms..........He told me the blooms will last a very very long time....It is thrilling, and such a sweet thing for them to do.Then.......this fabulous Big Card, arrived---I believe it came last Friday, (June 24th).....And here it is, below..... And inside, it said: Melody is a dear dear Blogger, that I have been reading--and vica versa--for over 5 years.....! I thought this was so very clever and Beautiful, too.....And though they are Australian, they have been living in Abu Dubai for the last few years because of Lyndon's work, and somehow, this fabulous card was sent from New Jersey!! Thank you dear dear Melody & Family--this was so incredibly thoughtful of you and yours, my dear Melody.....I have had a truly international Birthday---Norway, Abu Dubai by-way-of-Australia, lots of cards from the U.K., as well as the U.S., and this lovely present, below..... This beautiful 'lariat' necklace came from former U.K. blogger "Bob-Cat", now with her own very fantastic photography Web site, 'IMAGINOGRAPHY"......Do go visit her---Her photographs are stunning.....! Thank you, dear dear Bob-Cat!
And, here below, a very lovely yummy gift---this came from Terri, (yes....the Gorgeous Orchid and this dark chocolate yumminess, too....)..... Deep, Dark Chocolate.....MMMMMMmmmmmm! I realized after taking these pictures that I had put the top back on wrong---so, in case you don't read upside-down....... This is very very good Chocolate and it comes from Daytona Beach, Fla....Thank You dear dear Terri.....! I want to share another really special Birthday present that a dear blog 'reader' made for me.....here it is below.......(Do click on it to see it bigger.....) Kevin R., has been faithfully reading my blog for quite a few years now, and he made this truly special 'collage' for me for my 80th Birthday....The thing that touched my heart so very deeply about this amazing piece, are the pictures that Kevin chose to put in the collage.....What I felt was; he not only reads my blog, but he truly understands what and who is important to me, and that bowled me over and really moved me more than I can say....Thank You So Very Very Much, dear dear Kevin.....!

I'm hoping to post some Birthday pictures next time....I'm sorry to say, those adorable little Cameras did not take very good pictures, at all! A great idea that just didn't work, though people did have a lot of fun, thinking they were capturing all these wonderful moments...lol..... So, I am depending on three or four people, who took some pictures of the party with their own phones or cameras.....Stay Tuned, please.......And here is one of those pictures, below....My dear niece Debbie, (pictured next to me), who flew in from Boston that very day---just for my Birthday Party----brought her camera, Thank God! So, someone took this sweet picture of us, with Debbie's camera.....Like I said.....Stay Tuned.....!





More To Come.......

















27 Comments:
had this to say:

Whoohoo! Looking forward to more party pics! From the sounds of it, the 80s are going to be great! Let the fun begin!

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 4:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Your home must resemble a florists shop with all those stunning flower arrangements. How truly gorgeous! And so many gifts and cards and greetings from your blogger friends, you are truly loved from afar, Naomi! I am looking forward to seeing more of the celebrations. Looking at that picture with your neice, I would never think that you are celebrating 80 years on this planet..... 65... or maybe 68?.... but not 80! You look marvellous!

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 6:38:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a gorgeous gifts, Naomi! It's so great to have such a lovely and nice friends.
As always, the arrangement of colorful flowers is amazing!
I am looking forward to see more party pictures.
Have a pleasant Sunday, dear friend!

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 7:26:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a great party!!!!!!! Flowers, friends, family and chocolate!!!! It doesn't get better than that!

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 7:32:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

goodness Naomi! That almost wants you to turn 80 again!..hmmm, maybe you should turn 80 again next year!!!!
beautiful gifts from fellow bloggers!

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 11:21:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Looks like you had a wonderful party and you got lovely gifts as well. Btw we will send our gift around August since I'm planning to send you something anyway from Rome :)

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 3:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, I can only see a few of the photos. The first arrangement is stunning!! I love the cabbage flowers too (ornamental Cabbage or kale), and the colors are just exquisite!! Van is an artist. Sorry about the disposable cameras. I know that people who place them on tables at wedding receptions are seldom happy with the photos. I hope that the photos will come through here for me next time I come.

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 3:51:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love how you often mention Spoon River. I studied it in college and I rarely hear it refered to. I also love how people from around the world send you flowers and chocolate on your birthday.

I was in your neck of the woods this past week and I looked up to the hills and thought of you and thought how wonderful it was that someone up there was writing a blog that enchanted so many.

I am so glad that you had such a nice party.

Stan from Arizona

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 4:00:00 PM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

I know your health keeps you at home, but judging by the gifts and well wishes, your reach is world-wide. I am so glad I stumbled on your blog about 3-4 years back. I have learned so much about art, flowers, Hollywood and Broadway. You are a priceless gem in the blog world. I'm so glad so many people remembered your birthday.

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 5:00:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

So many beautiful things from so many folks from all over the world! And watch your mail for another package :-)

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 6:48:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm glad your 80th was special Naomi! Special gifts for a special lady!! I hope we get to see more photos!! Hugs!!!

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 7:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You write how lucky you were to get such lovely thoughts/gifts from bloggers, but I think, and I am sure everyone else will agree with ME, that it is US who are so lucky to know YOU Naomi. You were spoilt but by-jingo-ringo, you deserve to be spoilt.

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 10:13:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

What a lucky girl you are (we are girls until we kick the bucket)
Those heavenly flowers, chocs and wishes. But you deserve it all and it shows how much you mean to us all.

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 4:34:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

so many wonderful birthday gifts and thoughts
I love the giant purple flower

you deserve all good things :)

Hope sends hugs

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 5:07:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Marvelous! I'm glad you had a great day and I'm sorry I didn't get by earlier.

Cheers.

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 7:42:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh wow, you got so many lovely gifts! The flowers are beautiful but I love the card the most, because it's just so you!

Everyone loves you!

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 7:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Fourth of July! May it be safe and blessed- and like your birthday- may you be graced with many more.

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 9:00:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

So beautiful, the flowers -- and you! :)

Happy 4th of July! xoxo

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 1:19:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You ARE loved! And rightly so! The flowers are all SO gorgeous and what thoughtful, meaningful cards and gifts from so many people around the world! I'm so happy for you, Naomi. How great that your niece flew to the west coast for your milestone birthday! I can't get over how GREAT you look!

So glad you enjoyed the chocolates. You are such a special person, you deserved all that was given to you by everybody!

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 5:21:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Don't worry about having a bunch of pics to show us. I love the fact that you chose to be in the moment instead of trying to capture it on film. I'm so happy you had such a great day.

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 10:10:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow, you cast a global net of love Naomi. How wonderful that you have touched so many around the world.
I love the picture of you and your niece. She looks quite a bit like you. Both lovely ladies.
All the gifts are great but like Joe, I think I like the card the best. A lot of thought went into that. It is your life so far as you have told it to us.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 6:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hello, Naomi. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stan Kansas and I live in Phoenix. A couple of weeks ago I was searching for "Simply Blues" to see if it was still open. That search led me to your blog, and your story about the Sunset Vine Tower. I immediately liked you. Now, being unfamiliar with blogs and how they work, all I could see was 2006-2008. I panicked thinking I just discovered this woman and she might be dead. I don't know if I hit refresh or what but suddenly all of your current posts appeared and I saw that you were about to celebrate your 80th birthday. That made me happy that you were still with us.

I googled your name to learn more about you. I read your fan's comments. I liked what your friend George E. had to say about your upcoming birthday. I googled his name which led to a You Tube video of his incredible home. Boy, that guy's talented. I felt like such a voyeur!!! But it was all so wonderful...the discovery of it all!

You remind me a little of my mom. She's a year older than you and once had aspirations to be a singer. She used to cut class to catch a bus into NYC and hear Frank Sinatra sing. But you are different. So different. You embrace technology. She still has a blinking clock on the VCR we gave her 25 years ago. Your poor health did not stop your spirit. You just channeled your energy into this wonderful blog.

I had to show my husband the posts of the jackarandas (yes, I'm gay, we were married in CA when it was legal, Palm Springs, City Hall) He planted 2 jackarandas in our yard over 20 years ago. They are gorgeous. I asked him if he knew about S.T.A.G.E. He did not. I will google that next as soon as I finish this rather lengthy note to you.

I just wanted you to know a little about your 2 newest fans and to tell you that I think that you are really cool. You impress me on a number of levels. I really was in Hollywood last week and I really did look up to the hills and think of you. The power of blogging!!

I truly hope that you have many more birthdays.

Stan Kansas from AZ

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 12:43:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Such a great party and great birthday gifts for a great lady!!! cheers!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 2:02:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Birthday, Naomi! I am so glad to have found your blog and you. Here's to you and another fantastic year. xoxxoo

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 4:37:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi, Naomi,
Glad to hear that your celebration went well. The presents that you got are wonderful--those flowers are beautiful. So glad that you liked the collage--I enjoyed making it for you.
Was reading the nice message you got from Stan--how nice that was of him to say that (you attract a good bunch...if I do say so myself). Kevin

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:56:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Dear Naomi, you are one of the richest people I know. You have so many dear friends and are loved by so many. You deserve to have had a wonderful birthday and I am glad to see you were spoiled rotten! :) So happy you loved the lariat necklace and thank you so much for the fabulous shout-out :) I agree with others here too - you look fantastic for 80!

Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 4:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a terrific birthday party you had – the flowers are truly gorgeous. How pleased you must feel to be so loved by friends close and far away. We could not all be with you but because of your posts we feel that we took part in your big day.

Monday, July 11, 2011 at 4:58:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.