Sunday, June 05, 2011
more jacaranda beauty



I'm reprinting this post because it is May, and these Jacaranda Trees only bloom in May here in Los Angeles.....I think they are so incredibly Beautiful, and lavender is my favorite color.....And if I were still able to get about, I would be out there now, taking pictures of these exquisite trees. This was the second of two posts that I published at the time.....
Enjoy!

I told you there would be more....And here is "more"........For those of you who have seen enough of the spectacular Jacaranda Tree----move on, my dears----because that is all that there is today....I Am In Love With These Trees......! Love, Love, Love!There are a number of residential streets in the so called "flats" of Beverly Hills that have these lovely trees lining both sides of these nice wide streets...... Not only are the flowers luscious, but I think the leaves are pretty damn wonderful, too The green of these leaves and the Lavender of the blossoms, next to the jagged grey/brown limbs---well, it is stunning! And a little closer, below.......like sweet bells. It's nice to see what these trees look like when there is a house behind them......As in the picture below...... And then, a closer look at this white house as a backdrop to this most exquisite tree......It takes your breath away..... Every time I see these trees, I so wish I had planted a couple in my Garden below back in 1986---they would be blooming right now, too.....But well, (sigh)-----I didn't. There is almost the look of Wisteria in the picture above, except it's the wrong color, among other things....... Such lovely blossoms....And I don't know any other tree quite like this one. What's so great is, that here in Los Angeles there are now many many streets lined with these glorious trees---many more streets than there used to be....And of course because the blooms don't last very long at all----they feel very precious to me and a lot of other people, too..... I love this picture above....Because of the trees, of course, but then I noticed that black bus on the street moving north, after I downloaded all my pictures....Do take a closer look---A rather 'refined' Tour Bus.....Go to the Website that is on the back there---This must be quite a tour....! These people were lucky, They not only got to see 'the Stars homes', but they got to experience the Beautiful Jacarandas, too...... I LOVE the look of the limbs of this tree.....They are so craggy and magical---like out of a fantasy-garden somewhere--And Ancient, too.....Nature. Bless Nature. Thank You God for the gift of these Trees....And, last, but not least....... You can really see that Spring has come to Los Angeles....I don't know what that Red stuff is...(Judy? Help, my dear....) But all that Lavender and Green and Red together.....Well, it me knocks out! To see these very special exquisite things....talk about a "Blessing".......



More To Come.............







31 Comments:
had this to say:

It really is a spectacular sight and the branches give them such character. Loved seeing the "bells.". The mass of red near the lavender is quite eye-catching.

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 4:03:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

They are magnificent -- and that is a gross understatement!

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 8:47:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I've been meaning to call one of my clients in the landscaping business and ask whether these are hardy enough for our area. Given that I've never heard of them before these two posts, I doubt it.

But you never know.

They remind me of our red bud trees which flower in early spring and dot the otherwise brown winter woods with reds and pinks. These look like they flower longer as red buds only are in bloom for a week or so.

Cheers.

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 9:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Just gorgeous trees, Naomi! I am enchanted with the color of these flowers. Breathtaking! And you took wonderful photos!

I would love to be there in this Tour Bus to see the "Stars homes" and those beautiful Jacarandas too.
Thanks for sharing!
Have a pleasant Sunday!

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 1:04:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I Agree, it looks just gorgeous. I wonder what it smells like with all those trees in bloom.

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 2:18:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It was just about this time last year that we went to Long Beach to visit our daughter and I could not get over these trees. At first I did not know their name but I kept taking photos. Photos are wonderful but standing under one of those trees in real time is something special. Maybe you could have a small tree planted now, it may grow faster than you think and in 5 years you may regret not having planted one in 2011.

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 4:13:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Thank you dear Naomi, for your nice comment about "my orange flowers".

But I return here to tell you that my principal wish to be there in LA is to visit you, for sure!
Would be great if I could to know you in person someday...
Kisses and hugs!

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 4:35:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a sight! What a colour! I wish I lived on that street!
Thank you for your comment on my blog... I'll pass your birthday wishes on to Isaac. He really did have a lovely birthday!

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 6:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I want to come to LA sometime just to see this. It's so enchanting. Is it in bloom right now?

Monday, June 6, 2011 at 9:33:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I can see why you can't get enough of them! They are simply stunning! Thank you for sharing these lovely photos. Hugs to you and Sweetie :)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 1:32:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow the colour is so stunning! I've never seen roads just inundated with trees like that. It must look even more amazing in real life. Does it look messy when all the blossom drops off the trees?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 2:14:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

This makes if official. I would never consider a trip to LA unless the Jacaranda are in bloom. They are just stunning.
Thanks for the tip Naomi, I will check it out.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 3:53:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, I wish I could help you with the red flowers, but I have no idea what they are. The jacarandas are magnificent. The limbs are rather "Harry Potterish", don't you think?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 4:04:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

In those first shots, are those yellow trees on the opposite side of the street, or are they new green leaves that just look yellow in the sun? If they're yellow trees, do you know what kind they are?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 6:15:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow Naomi! These trees are certainly beautiful in every way!! I had never heard of them before. It's too bad you don't have one in your garden to enjoy. It must be so refreshing for the drivers along those streets to see all that lovely color as they go by!!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Birthday's come around pretty fast these days it seems!
xxoxx

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 7:08:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

YES!!! oh Naomi, I too took pictures of these amazing
trees and plan on doing my own blog of them...Here in Long Beach, if you fly into our little local airport and these trees are in bloom....wow, what a sight from a plane. Do you remember those cuttings you gave us?
They were a euphorbia tree, all red, well more of a
burgundy leaf..? Well, i have given cuttings to just about everyone here in my hood...You’d be proud to see “your tree” up and down my street.
Hugs and blessings,
Cynthia (and GdP!)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 10:25:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You definitely have a lot of color in your neighborhood come springtime. I love those lavendar beauties! We have bougainvilleas in our neck of the woods that are pretty to look at and of course, sunflowers, which are my favorite!

Hugs and much love to you, Naomi!! xo

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 5:02:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh my goodness I want one of those delicious trees! What a color. I need to check and see if they can handle our climate.
I am not sure what tree was in the photo of mine. It is on a West Va golf course. Some type of oak maybe? Certainly not this vibrant thing!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 12:49:00 PM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

Are these native trees or did they bring them in from oversees. I also wonder if any of the humming birds dine on the blooms... wonderful color.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 7:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

They are so SO beautiful!!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 7:11:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

They are extraordinary, Naomi. I love the juxtaposition of the flowers, the leaves and the bark. Nature is truly an amazing artist.

Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 5:56:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I've never seen these before! Just gorgeous :-) Reminds me of the cherry blossoms in Japan, not in color, but in blossoming :-)

Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 8:56:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

*happy sigh* It seems to me that all the flowers are blooming longer this year. Or maybe it's just my state of mind. Whatever, I'm loving it! :)

Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 4:23:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I've often noticed the jacarandas when I've been in southern CA. You don't see them in the middle or northern parts of CA, at least I never notice them there. I think maybe the conditions are just right weather wise there in the south.
They are such glorious trees!
I'm happy they bring you such delight too!!
Courtney has applied for some jobs, and one is in the L.A. area. She's already got permission to live with Uncle Jason should opportunity arise there for her. My brother was quite pleased to know she might move in with him and work there.
Now, on to read some more of your posts...

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 4:52:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

When we were first married we lived in a tract where all the streets were lined in Jacaranda. This post made me feel a bit of a bride again. Thank you,

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 8:41:00 PM PDT 

Blogger J C
had this to say:

The jacaranda's are beautiful. We have there here in Florida too. Just as beautifully purple is the chinaberry altho they dont smell as good!

Sunday, June 12, 2011 at 8:08:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

One can never have too much jacaranda - exquisite both in close-up and long shot. I must ask at the nursery if they can be grown here. Not that I have enough space left. They look stunning in an avenue. Back to the unpacking:)

Sunday, June 12, 2011 at 9:34:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Absolutely stunning, Naomi! We DO have these here in Florida, but I must say....yours are much prettier and much more vibrant!

Sunday, June 12, 2011 at 1:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The jacarandas need a Van Gogh patron saint to paint them and share them with the world!

Monday, June 13, 2011 at 1:40:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

These are gorgeous trees. We have many here in Claremont and surrounding areas, too. They always capture my attention when I'm out and about.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 at 7:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Breathtaking! I agree with Colleen...they would be fabulous painted. Water colors, I think, would be perfect.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 11:12:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.