Wednesday, January 05, 2011
party!

We were a really Happy Fun Group on New Years Eve....Above, my dear old friend, Earl Holliman enjoying the 'hors deuvres' and the company. It was a warm and loving group though it was very cold outdoors---Cold, for Los Angeles, that is.....!The people all looked fabulous...My Pictures on the other hand, are a mixed bag---Some fair, Some good. Some not even presentable....The light in my Living Room, at night, is not very good.....Above, Karen Culliver Parks and Garrett Parks....Betty's oldest son and dear daughter-in-law....And at the other end of the couch, Andrew Lesser and his dear Mom, Jacquie Scott Lesser.....all enjoying some of the table of 'hors deuvres'..... The lovely Dianne Travis looking smashing! And her Husband, Mark was talking with dear Betty and taking some Video of her, too...... I love this picture because there is so much going on in it....Way over on the left, are Andy Parks and his lovely wife Katy Melody....(Betty's younger son and sweet daughter-in-law...).... And then in the center of the picture is Maddy Clare Parks--Betty's Granddaughter and Garrett and Karen's daughter, and Maddy's dear dear friend, Annie Peterson...... These two darling girls have been friends since 'babyhood'....When Karen was appearing as Christine in "Phantom Of The Opera" in San Francisco and they---Karen & Garrett---were living in Mill Valley....The Peterson's and the Parks became great friends....This is the third year Annie has come to the party....And, believe it or not, Maddy will turn 15 years old on January 12th.....For those of you reading my blog since the beginning, you will remember Maddy was about to turn 10 years old on that first New Years Eve party that I chronicled for my, at the time, pretty new blog, New Years Eve--2005 to 2006.......There she is below, with her Daddy And then, below.....a closer look at Betty and Mark Travis, 2010---we were all still having our 'starters'........ Betty looked so pretty....She had had her hair done that afternoon and as always, she said to me..."I wouldn't miss this party for the world...!" Betty Garrett is a survivor, I am happy to say...... The flash created some weird images but I love that Betty looks so happy in this picture..... Above...the wonderful Craig Curtis and Gene Lesser, Jacquie's husband and Andrews father....! (Again, the flash created some weird images). Craig was a fabulous singer and did lots and lots of shows here in Los Angeles...but decided to change horses--mid stream, and is just about two years away now from being Dr, Craig Curtis, Psychoanalyst....! A huge commitment, but he loves what he does....! Another picture packed with people enjoying each other....Over on the left, Earl talking to Jacquie---remember, we've all known each other for many decades---And then Garrett and Dianne talking to Seemah....! I like this picture above, too.....Andrew and Earl & Jacquie....Earl and Jacquie have done maybe 8 or 9 television shows together....going waaaay back to "Gunsmoke" and other TV shows like that, 'back in the day'....They played Husband and Wife on a "Gunsmoke" and I think Earl said they played a married couple on a few other shows too. Go to Hulu.com to find some of these shows......Above, Annie designed and made the dress that Maddy was wearing....It was really quite fabulous! I wish I had gotten some more pictures of it, but....I didn't. Though here below is a closer look at these two Beautiful young ladies! The dress was sleeveless and had a plunging neckline....But Maddy kept her sweater on throughout the party as it was a chilly night.....Below....a picture from the an earlier New Years Eve's of these two sweet good good friends.......... This is Part 1 of New Years Eve, 2010-2011........Part 2 will be coming along here pretty soon....I am still really tired and recovering from the preparations and the New Years Eve Party....And I didn't drink anything! Just Water and Martinelli's Sparkling Cider at Midnight!

More To Come........









20 Comments:
had this to say:

As always, your parties always look like a place I'd love to be.
I can't wait to read and see the rest! I'm glad you had a great time.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 3:09:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I would so love to be a fly on the wall at one of your party's. The photos are fabulous but I can just imagine the chatter and laughter that is going on.

Happy New Year to you and Sweetie. I am so glad you liked the calendar I sent you. I will reply to your email soon but right now I have to take my tree down and put it away until much later this year! :)

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 3:37:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

i love love love your pictures!! you can see how everyone is like one big family of friends..you can't ask for more.
Betty does look fabulous (and you may tell her so! lol) and Earl looks fabulous as well! I haven't seen him in any photos from you in a while. Is he still on the "board" of helping Shambala??

can't wait for more pictures!!!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 5:18:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Just so you know. My Elder son was peering over my shoulder this morning and pronounced the two young ladies in the photo, "quite attractive." Good thing he doesn't have keys to the car, yet, or you'd be seeing him in CA, methinks.

Cheers.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 5:32:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

You may not get out much Naomi but the world comes to you.
The photos look very inviting and I love that you have such an age range. Such a great mix and everybody looks animated and happy.
Do you sing 'should auld aquantance...' at midnight or is that just a British habit?

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 6:59:00 AM PST 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Happy New Year!! may 2011 bring you all the best. Love the party's pictures, all beautiful people!! I am only missing you, I know you are behind the camera :)

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 8:00:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

How wonderful to always be surrounded by your dear old friends on New Year's Eve!! It is a terrific tradition, Naomi; one I am sure you are glad you started those many years ago. Happy New Year to all of you!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 9:18:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a lovely party - and how nice to be with friends...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 12:39:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

This is so funny. M and I were just watching a marathon run of old Twilight Zone episodes the other night. Earl Holliman was on one of them (he was an astronaut in training and lost his memory). When I saw him I said, "that's Earl Holliman, he's friends with Naomi!" She said, "who?" I said, "maybe you remember him from Police Woman with Angie Dickinson." Still no clue. Oh well, I recognized him!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 12:47:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

It was a pleasure as always to look at your last several posts with the pretty pictures and all the excitement of Christmas and New Year. Your party was a great success. Isn’t it true that 2011 sounds so far away and we are there already? I remember when people would ask me when I planned to retire and I would say “way after 2000” as though it would never arrive. Then in January 2008 I retired and could not believe how quickly the years had passed. For Christmas husband and I were near Nashville with my daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandsons. My daughter from Long Beach flew to meet us – now it is our turn to fly to Long Beach soon. I hope 2011 will be a great year for you, with much fun, joy and an abundance of good health.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 4:08:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Your parties DO look like SO much fun and you can see that everyone really cares about each other!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 6:36:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Just watched Gunsmoke tonight, you married couples on it...LOL, course there must have been lots of eoisodes over 20 years. Betty looks younger!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 6:38:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I bet it was definitely party of the year and I wouldn't miss it if ever I visit you too :D

Everyone looked fabulous I must say with smiles all over.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 7:34:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Finally. I do believe this party showed more of your home than normal. It is lovely and you have quite a bit of art also.
So glad my favorite Earl Holliman was there. I used to have a big crush on him.
It is wonderful that those two teens could enjoy a party of adults. Says a lot for both groups.
Looking forward to more.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 12:54:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I have no idea where you get the energy to do all the prep and clean up for these parties that you do! You have such a knack for making people feel welcome and right at home in your home.

I remember Maddie from prior pictures... she, well, both of them really, continue to grow into lovely, talented young ladies.

Just wonderful, sharing your New Year's eve with you through your posts. :)

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 8:34:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I was so looking forward to your post about the party! And now there will be more to come. Hooray!
I know the preparation and then the party itself really wore you out, but I'm so glad you all had such a marvelous time. The girls are indeed beautiful, and Betty's hair looked so fluffy and pretty! What great friendships you have!!
May 2011 give you more wonderful memories with cherished loved ones!

Great news: Taylor's band will be opening for a band called Third Eye Blind on January 22, at the Sundance Film Festival. Woo Hoo!!

Friday, January 7, 2011 at 5:58:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Cheers to a year filled with gardens, art and friendship!

My son in Wyoming says he doesn't want to hear how cold family in California or Texas are):-

Blessings.

Friday, January 7, 2011 at 8:53:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi, I love so much seeing your parties's photos! I am glad you had a great New Years Eve with lovely friends. Sounds it was a great time!
Thanks for sharing with us this lovely night!

Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 4:21:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

How did I miss this post???

I love seeing your party shots, because everyone is either laughing, chatting or eating! No one ever looks bored and I can tell everyone is having so much fun!

I'd love to be part of them.

Thank you so much for your card too that arrived a couple of days ago!! I love your handwriting! xxxx Whenever I se beautiful flowers I think of you. :)

Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 8:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Oh, what a fun party Naomi!! I can tell by the photos that everyone is having such a nice time, talking and visiting with each other!!

Amazing how wonderful Betty looks!! She just looks like she'd be such a fun person to know!!

Maddy has grown so much and she, and her friend, are so pretty!!! I love the dress too!!

I'm off to read the rest!! :)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 8:33:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.