Saturday, January 13, 2007
blow up


There was a wonderful film called "Blow Up" released back in 1966....David Hemmings and Vanessa Redgrave were two of the main stars....And David Hemmings played a famous photographer who is among other things a very successful Fashion Photographer but takes pictures of all sorts of things, including some scenes in a park one day....And when he goes into his studio dark room to develop the park scenes, he thinks he see's something quite strange and rather scary...A body...And in fact, if memory serves, he thinks he has discovered a murder...It's a wonderful film, very much worth renting...It was directed by Michaelangelo Antonioni (His first English language film) and produced by Sophia Loren's husband Carlo Ponti, who just died a few days ago....It was really a 'great' film and you won't go wrong putting it on your "must see" list, especially because it is such a reflection of the fashion's of the 1960's......

I was thinking about this film because I saw something on the hill across from my house that was interesting, if not mysterious....Here is that hill as another sunset is taking place, and we are looking past that hill towards Century City and the ocean beyond it....You can just barely see across the top of the hill way over to the right a little something....And the only way I could possibly check out what it was, was to 'blow-up' the picture. So, moving in a bit closer we see there is a fence up there on the crest of the hill....in this particular shot you don't see the strange things I saw that are visible in the photograph below, but I did go in closer....
Now here below we see something more.... And isolating these figurs just a little bit more....here they are just a teeny bit closer..... I couldn't make the two figures any bigger without getting it all completely out of focus and "pixelated".....But, don't you find it amazing that people can actually walk up there on that hill, and that they do....?
And here below, on another day, a couple of other people were walking up there.... If I had a better camera, which I hope to get eventually, I could probably get in even closer....something to look forward to in the future...And what is nice to know is, it wasn't like the mystery in "Blow-Up", just people out for a good hike on a good hill....




More To Come.....







21 Comments:
had this to say:

That's a relief - I was worried for a moment that something fishy was afoot! it's great that you got in that close with the pics and of course the sunset ober that hill is as ever scrumptious. I'm guessing you must have seen the movement. Being 'hunters' our eyes naturally tune into things moving.

I shall have to check out that film for myself!

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 5:54:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You're right - BlowUp is an excellent film. I always wondered what ever happened to David Hemmings? I used to get him confused with Terence Stamp. Back in the 60's I thought both were hotties! LOL..

Love your photos.

Cheers.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 6:32:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Ha! I could have sworn that one of those people was carrying a rifle!

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 6:46:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Back again, Naomi. I used to have a pic of the dog and cat together, but I will have to try and find it for you.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 9:20:00 AM PST 

Blogger Em
had this to say:

Hi...how ya doing? Michele sent me along...

Great photos of the hills!!

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 9:36:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

The figures in the sunset picture look like they might be trying to scale the fence! Scary. But I guess they would just tumble down that hill!

I'm not sure if I've ever seen that film, I will have to check it out.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 10:11:00 AM PST 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

I love this film!!! and it's always so interesting to blow up pics because one can see very interesting things indeed!!! It's great that you caught these two people walking up there.
Happy saturday, Naomi!

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 1:16:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I really love the idea of hiking on that lovely hill...it would be fun to be hiking there one day and have you catch me waving to you in one of your photos. I really like that thought!

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 2:13:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Wow, the view must be amazing up there.

~S:)

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 2:15:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a lovely hill to have across from your house! Lovely sunset picture too, I have too many trees in my yard & across the street to see either sunrise or sunset. The things you think of after you buy the house!
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 2:57:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

what fun you always have with your pictures... I love it. :)

I've not seen that movie... may have to.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 7:12:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Michele sent me. I love the post - first, I thought "I wonder if my local place would have that movie? I bet it's not on DVD"... and then you drew me into your mystery. I think they were just jogging, but isn't it much more fun to imagine a story for them? THey were fighting and now one is running away to exact certain revenge - and the person on the right isn't running because they know they deserve it...

or some other dark storyline.

Yes, I know I am silly! But thank you for allowing me the moment of mindplay!

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 10:23:00 PM PST 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

You had me a little scared there for a minute. I was afraid you were getting into a Hitchcock moment!

We had relatives from Illinois (think flat as a pancake land) visit us in western Pennsylvania (think hills and valleys, low mountains I guess). They were amazed that farmers drove tractors on the sides of the hills and that the cattle grazed the hilly terrain. So I shouldn't be surprised to see someone up on your hilltop.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 10:29:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

i saw that movie! ( am I dating my self, yes. )

Bless you dear naomi

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 11:58:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi, I tried to fix that link to Wild Appetite on my blog and it looks fine - but blogger is doing very odd things to it.
Try either www.wildappetite.co.nz or www.wildappetite.com (you will need to copy and paste into your browser window). That should work. Or if all else fails you could google "Wild Appetite"
They really are delicious!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 at 1:23:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love BlowUp, too. It's an amazing film and today also a "classic film."
Love your photos of the hill!
It seems that you are a detective! Lol!
Have a good Sunday!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 at 6:18:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I was worried someone was spying on you.

I would have never thought of Vanessa Redgrave quite that way. I must say that photo shocked me. But that poster was from the year I was born so I guess I missed seeing her in her sexy years unlike Marilyn who was always publicized, over and over again. Vanessa was hot!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 at 7:12:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I've never heard of this movie ... I'll check it out sometime.

Your hill looks like a great place for hiking!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 at 3:48:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Blow Up was a great film. Saw it years ago but I remember I loved it.
Very glad your close up was simply people out for a stroll. Otherwise, you really would have had some fodder for a blog entry...lol

Sunday, January 14, 2007 at 4:48:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Well thank GOODNESS for that! You had me going for a little bit there ... I was scared you might have WITNESSED something! LOL!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 at 7:06:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Thanks for the movie tip. I will have to look for it and watch.
What are those people doing on the hill?
It looks way up.


Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

Monday, January 15, 2007 at 3:20:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.