Thursday, January 04, 2007
the blog meme

I've seen this meme on a couple of blogs but the very first place I saw it was on Melli's blog....I thought it was interesting and decided to do it..so, here it is.....The Blog Meme...

1-Do you like the look and the contents of your blog? This is a rather strange question....I very very much like 'the look' of my blog...especially once I got this very personal blog design from Girliebits....I think Maddie, (from Girliebits) did a fabulous job....And as to the content, well, if I didn't like it I would not have posted it, would I? LOL!


2-Does your family know about your blog? Yes, they do...well, some of them do. It's not a secret by any means....but my brother only looked at it for the first time about two months ago and hasn't looked at it since!


3-Can you tell your friends about your blog? Yes, absolutely...I don't blog anonymously...couldn't even if I wanted to....so, I have told just about everybody that I talk to on a regular basis...and the rest, when we catch up by phone or whatever, I do share my blog with them, and will continue to do so, but not a whole lot of my "friend" friends read my blog.


4-Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? No, I read other blogs, too, but I do find it increasingly difficult to get around to all the blogs I want to read....there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day....I don't know how everyone does it...I mean, I would be on my computer for a good eight hours every day, and I an finding it hard to be on the computer as much as I am....

5-Did your blog positively affect your mind? I'm not sure I understand this question....? My blog has been a very important addition to my life and to my well being...so, if you mean has it affected my mind in a positive manner...why absolutely, without question, a resounding Yes!


6-What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? I haven't a clue to what any of that means! It is interesting to me to see how many people come by here, but I certainly don't check that out every day, at all...so, I cannot even venture a guess as to what it means in any way, shape or form.


7-Did you imagine how other bloggers look like? Lol! Who wrote this question? It isn't even close to correct english....Do you mean have I imagined what some bloggers look like? Yes, absolutely. And I am always wrong! (lol) If and when I eventually see a picture of someone that I have "imagined" I am totally wrong. I mean, I would have to say I have been 100% wrong every time out of the box....but it is still fun to do. I can't help myself, you know? It's like reading a book and imagining what each of the characters in the book might look like...I think it is human nature to do this though, so I forgive myself for being sooooo way off the mark!


8-Do you think blogging has any real benefit? I do, indeed. I think it is a very positive force in terms of communication, especially in that it is a world wide thing. I think it can have and does have, for me personally, tremendous benefits....aside from meeting wonderful people all over the world, which is a huge huge plus, it has me writing all the time and creating images with my camera that I might not have created if it weren't for my blog....And visiting other people is informative, friendly, moving, funny, and totally engaging in 'the now'....and this is all good!

9-Do you think that the blogesphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world? Not at all. In fact I think it is just the opposite of that....the blogworld is completely engaged in the ''real" world and involved in every day happenings that effect all of us weather they be political, economic, entertainment things or just plain wonderful silliness...the blogworld is filled with people dealing with life-death situations every hour of the day as well as the mundane...it's a great place to exchange ideas and to vent one's anger and passion, etc. All "real" world stuff, to me.

10-Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them? Well, 'scare' would be too strong a word for me... if they are too far right and espouse dogma, I don't read those because they anger me, and I don't need any more anger in my life than is already there, especially about the situation we are in at the present time with Iraq, etc....I certainly avoid those type of political blogs, but I don't avoid political blogs in general, at all. In fact I find many of these blogs enlightening and helpful in understanding the way things are 'going down' as they say.

11-Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful? No, I don't. This is an on-line diary and in that respect, I'm writing about me and things that interest me which includes often showing pictures, etc. Someone may not like it or enjoy it...then don't read it. But to criticize it seems of no use to me whatsoever...I am still going to express the things I want to express the way I want to, so what is the point?

12-Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog in case you died? No, I can't say that I have....maybe I should think about that given my age, but it has not occurred to me at all till you asked this question. Hmmmm.


13-Which blogger had the greatest impression on you? No one blogger has that distinction. Everybody that I read impresses me for one reason or another...and that makes each one very important to me and each one impresses me for different and varied reasons, I think there are some fantastic people out there in the blogesphere.

14-Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?...I'm not sure I think any blogger I read is similar to me....part of what makes blogging so fascinating and enriching for me is how varied and unique everyone is...I am incredibly interested in people, ALL kinds of people, and most of the time it is not because they are similar to me, persay...I think I am interested in people who's lives are very different from mine yet we can appreciate those differences as well as the similarities, and certainly I see some similarities to many many bloggers I visit....but 'most similar to me'....no one comes to mind.

15-Name a song you want to listen to? The Beetles song, "The Fool On The Hill"...sung as a ballad!

I am not going to tag anyone....but if you feel like doing this one, do let me know....







More To Come.....







46 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I adore "Fool on the Hill!"
I love the spunky and down-to-earth way you answered this meme. It's why I enjoy your blog so much. It's as close to conversing with you as there is. I have been so enriched by your interesting accounts of your life adventures from the mundane (do you have any of those {kidding you} to the glamorous. You show compassion, wisdom, humor, chutzpah, and genorsity plus a slew of other adjectives I could list.

However, what I enjoy most is a combination of a few Yiddish words I've forgotten how to spell. You're so at ease with your diary, I can see the sparkles in your eyes. You glow when you speak of those you love and it is palpable. It's a joy to come here. Thank you, dear Naomi.
Many of us are alone in different ways. You lessen that feeling.

P.S. Do you know about blog feeds like "bloglines?" That makes it much faster to visit blogs, although there still is not enough time in the day or night. Feel free to email me if you can't find out how to do it by "googling it."

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 2:18:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I loved your answers to this meme and absolutely agree with you as to blogging being an enriching experience. I have had a couple of dirty spammers on my blog, adn a couple of times I have had someone who left very mean comments but other than that I love visiting people's blogs and reading any comments they are kind enough to leave on mine.

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 2:20:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

i absolutely agree with just about everything you had to say and i will add that one of the distinctions for your blogs over most of the others that i read is that you have such interesting and usually rather famous friends.

as alwasys, wonderful to visit you... i do TRY to visit everyone who comments on my site, but normally i only viist those whom i really enjoy on a regular basis (thus why i am always visiting you)

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 2:32:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love the look of your blog, and I really like the chart that shows where all your visitors came from. Thanks for sharing.

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 6:29:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

OL, Just a quick note, I have found myself checking out your blog, several times a week. I started reading your comments on my sister's blog. Vancover Calling. You seem to me to be a kind and gentel heart, and love reading what you have to say. p

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 7:26:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I just thought about my answers while I was reading yours.
That one that you said was poorly worded most certainly was poorly in how it went about the way in which it was worded and such . Ha, Ha,
Good grief, people! If you\'re gonna start a meme, please proofread it first!! :)

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 10:24:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I enjoyed this Naomi! I agree with you about the time thing and visiting all the blogs we want to! Is just isn't possible unfortunately! And the more I search the more great blogs I find! So we just have to do the best we can and continue. You know I love your blog!! You are a dear lady!!

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 3:36:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

GREAT ANSWERS FROM A GREAT LADT.
Seems to me the developer of these questions got some insight from you, but I don't really understand the reasoning behind all the questions. .

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 4:08:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

MEME:...an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture.
Doesn't that say it all?

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 4:24:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Good job, Girl! :)

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 6:09:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I feel the same about much of what your wrote. :) Except I do avoid political blogs -- for some reason, I find them boring. Hehehe

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 7:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi!

I usually don't do memes or tags, but I like this one - so I will tag myself. Look for a post on my blog within the next day or two.

And...

Michele sends her best!

Mike

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 10:15:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hello Naomi! Before anything else, Happy New Year from moi!

I like this meme and I so agree to the answers you gave. I somewhat have the same answer if I were asked these questions!

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 12:02:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

here from michele
I look like clark gable

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 1:07:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Oh my what a meme ! I just came back from two weeks non stop sunshine and 25°C and am not ready yet to do such a thing, but it's very interesting ! Then only thing I can't understand is the add for Absinth, which is a very dangerous and illegal alcohol it had killed amongst others Van Gogh !

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 5:39:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Except for the Thursday Thirteen and the Photo Hunt....I don't do meme's. But I really enjoyed reading your answers. And they were so similar to what I would have put....well, see, I don't have to do it....lol
I can SO relate to "so many blogs to read and NOT enough time"....I find it's getting more and more difficult, time-wise, to make my rounds around the blog world.

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 8:31:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

those were interesting questions and answers.

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 8:47:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi!

I posted this meme just a little while ago. It was fun, thanks for bringing it.

Mike

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 9:08:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hi dear Naomi, I really enjoyed reading your answers and this meme and I agree with you as to blogging being an enriching and amazing experience! But unfortunately, there are so many blogs to read and not enough time… principally because the most part of my blog’s friends wrote in English!

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 11:57:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Thanks so much Naomi for the compliments! Sure, this Street Art is really amazing! On my next post I will continue to post another street artist.

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 12:45:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

You really did well with that Meme!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
I come here to visit because I enjoy you. I would not be here otherwise.
I am very glad I found you and I missed you while I was away.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 12:53:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I enjoyed reading your answers. Mine would be pretty similiar. I felt the stongest about Question 9 about wondering if you feel the blogosphere is a stand alone community. How can anyone say it's out there by itself. Like you said, people are blogging about their reactions to their surroundings, to what they read, do etc. We take what we react to in our world and put it into words in our blogs. Sometimes others help us understand or reaffirm what we think. It's another outlet and better then booze or drugs.

Thanks for sharing your answers.
Betty :)

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 2:50:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Awesome meme and awesome, honest answers! I think I may take this one!

Here from Michele's! Happy Friday!

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 2:57:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Here from Micheles,
This is a really interesting Meme, I read Mr Althouse's answers to it this morning, It would probably take me 6 weeks to get all these thoughtful questions answered though!

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 6:18:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Interesting answers, and I have been looking at your last few posts too. It looks as if you had a great Christmas and New Year. Michele sent me.

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 7:26:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Ha,ha ! Don't be sorry about this misunderstanding, probably you drank too much of absinth ! You know "La même" means "the same" and has nothing to do with a meme, lol ! It's just the mark of this absinth and is a proof for good quality ! But at that time it was very bad and they should have delivered a coffin with the bottle ! Today it exists again, improved of course but it has an awful taste (to me, I tried it once to be like van Gogh, lol)it tastes like anise and I hate that !

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 7:54:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That was great. Your answers would mimic mine, I feel the same as you do on so many levels of this.

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 8:02:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I would like to offer you a high compliment. Your blog is truly interesting and worthy of the time it takes to read it.

I truly look forward to continuing to peek into your world.

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 8:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

This was very interesting to read, Naomi, and your answers would parallel mine closely. I laughed at the one about imagining what other bloggers look like. I never got that right either!

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 8:26:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Thanks for visiting. Radio City does not show movies any longer, but the nearby Zigfeld does, complete with curtain and reserved seating. It's a beautiful old theater. I saw two of the new Star Wars movies there, as well as Chicago on opening night.

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 10:54:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Loved your answers.........they would be very similar to mine. I've never done a meme, but am thinking that this may be the one to try out......

Oh.......Michele sent me, but I've seen your name on Mike's blog from time to time to.......

Cheers.

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 12:57:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I'm not into Memes but that doesn't prevent my enjoying your blog. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Enjoy your comments, especially the most recent one regarding the effect of music in our lives. Clearly you've been able to incorporate music in ways many of us wish we might have been able to do so, too. *smile* BTW, a long ago deceased friend of mine spoke favorably of Betty Garrett. Am sure many lives have crossed her path.

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 2:01:00 AM PST 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

I was up until the "wee" hours of the morning trying to get our computers back online after an almost 24 hour outage of the server in the area. Now I must try to get some football games copied onto DVD for my brother.... no time for memes.... but I enjoyed your answers.

I wonder why no one ever mentions the over-the-top left wing ultra liberal blogs when they talk about political blogs. Some suggest that our President be assassinated and not only condone it but cheer it on. Do they make your blood boil too?

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 12:21:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

What a great meme - thanks for taking your time to share all this with us - always good to know a blogger friend even better you know!
Hope you have a great weekend:-)

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 3:13:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Howdy, first timer from Michele's.

Cool and sweet! I may heist this one in the near future. It'd be interesting to do once a year, see how the answers may change.

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 5:10:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

here from michele, cause the buddist advetisement below your comment probably doe snot know how to play

Happy saturday Naomi, come by for a cuppa...

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 5:35:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That's great! I like your answers. I like the one about criticizing your blog. Why should they. I wouldn't want them to in mine too. It is my world like what it says on my blog, Welcome to my world so I'm free to do with it as I please. If anyone doesn't like it then don't read it right? Those questions are really weird but you did great in answering them. Good for them.

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 5:58:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Did you hear that Ford said he was uncomfortable with is party's pull to the "hard right?"

I don't get the last question. All the others are about blogging. What song to you want to hear?

Well it was fun to read your answers. I' ve always been wrong on my guesses to of what blogger look like.

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 6:35:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

You should be appointed Speaker of the Blogsphere.
No more words needed.

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 6:44:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

This is really interesting! :)

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 10:29:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I love your responses - here via Michele!

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 11:08:00 PM PST 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

It is so wonderful to think of listening to The fool on the hill while visiting the hills!!! Loved reading the meme and your clever answers, Naomi. This is a wonderful hobby and I also wish I had more time to read more and more blogs, because there are too many good ones out there!!! in the meantime I am trying to catch up, there was a lot going on during the past two weeks! have a wonderful day :)

Sunday, January 7, 2007 at 6:37:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Naomi I agreed with you on so many of your answers. Especially the criticizing part...my blog too is more like a journal or diary so if you don't like it simply don't respond or go away but don't criticize my personal thoughts.....

I think blogging is very positive. It truly has helped me pay more attention to the little things and people in general. I feel like I may be a bit more open minded and nice because of it.

Sunday, January 7, 2007 at 10:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Thanks for sharing that response about your own blog. We all think of these kind of piints from time to time and its good to see someone laying out an answer.

rashbre

Sunday, January 7, 2007 at 3:56:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Well done! I do enjoy reading this meme because it is one that requires some real thought! And you and I felt very similarly about many of the questions. I will tell you that there is another blogger that I always "categorize" you with -- not that your two personalities are alike, but only that you both have SUCH interesting stories to tell and in some ways your writing style is similar. Do you know who? She visits you. Regularly! I find you and Pat (Deslily) to be alike in some ways!

Monday, January 8, 2007 at 7:42:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I liked all your answers, and it has inspired me to send you an email. :)

~S

Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 2:37:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.