Monday, June 12, 2006
save the date!

My Big Birthday is now 16 days away and I am going to have a "virtual" party and you are all invited...Does that sound like fun? I hope so. Taking a leaf from the wonderful Craziequeen's book, the gathering will begin about Midnight USA time....(well, 12:01a.m. actually), on Tuesday, June 27th, and will continue on until around 10am on Wednesday, June 28th....I want to be sure that all of you wonderful people who are all over the world will be able to join me in this Celebration.

So....do put the date and time down in your "Virtual" Date Book and help me bring in my 75th year with a bang! Yes. 75 (SEVENTY-FIVE...COUNT THEM) 75....(How the hell did that happen?) Except for feeling rather creaky in my body and my lungs giving me a bit of a hard time, and the actual number sounding really really depressing, in my heart and my mind I am still somewhere in my 20's....and sometimes I am about 3 years old and act like it, too!

With this impending milestone I've decided that for this next 16 days I will post pictures from my life at the different ages and stages, illustrating that one can be many sizes and still have fun. A few statistics: I don't dye my hair and never have. I'm not sure but think I must have inherited the 'hair genes' from my father's side of the family....His hair never got white, but certainly had a gray cast to it...Two of my siblings have very white hair and my oldest sister Robin, who died in February, 2005, had only begun to get more white in her hair during her last years. And the other important statistic...I've never had any plastic surgery and don't plan on having it, either...no matter what! (lol)

I will probably jump around in time with the pictures I will be posting...it won't be chronological---well I don't think it will, but only time will tell. I kind of like to create as I go along, once I get the basic idea of what I want to do. So, here we go. I don't have any very recent pictures of me since my semi-confinement...and as it happens, the last photographs of me were taken at my Birthday Celebration, two years ago. And here is one of them... I am surrounded by some wonderful men...on my right is Joe Umbrino, a very special young man that I admire greatly....I've known him for about 20 years and I love him dearly....I first met him because he was a volunteer at AIDS Project Los Angeles and we were doing S.T.A.G.E. for APLA...Joe was fun and smart and amazingly talented...He was so good at his job APLA hired him to head up their Volunteer program. A wiz of a man and so incredibly capable...and the best part? He has a fabulous sense of humor and a heart that is filled with love. On my left is Tom Troupe...a fantastic Actor & Director...Tom and his very talented wife Carole Cook have been friends since the mid 60's....and Carole has been appearing in S.T.A.G.E almost all the 23 years of it's existance. She is one of the funniest women alive and he adores her just as much as the first day he met her...and they have been married a little over 40 years...And they say Show Business marriages don't last. HA!

And here is a photograph of me at age 4...Yes, I had blond hair and was kind of cute, wasn't I? I'll leave you with this one and there will be a lot more to come....







29 Comments:
had this to say:

Oh I can't wait for both the parties and the pictures coming. I love your stories from your life. What fun!!

C

Oh I am doing my letter meme post today, thanks for the letters.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 10:02:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Dear Naomi, what a great idea!
I will love so much to participate in your "virtual" party. Thank you so much for your nice invitation! It will be a marvelous Celebration!
I love so much this post and photos. You are very beautiful now and very beautiful as a little girl, too! Love your curly blond hair!
I am looking forward to see many other photos from you! Have a lovely week my dear!

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 10:20:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Thanks for the invite.

I shall do my very best to attend.

VERY happy birthday for 16 days hence.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 12:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love this idea! I'll be sure to come to your party! And what an adorable 4 year old you were!

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 1:25:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Looking forward to it. :-)

My mom loved it when her hair turned silver-white. It was beautiful. Her sister only has a spattering of gray.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 2:53:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I am RSVPing. I am so excited to be invited! And I can't wait for the pictures. I agrea with happy momma: I love your life stories. Bring 'em on!

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 2:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Is it to early to say " Happy Birthday?"

Rose
http://rosedesrochers.todays-woman.net/

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 3:00:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'll sure try to be there!!
Cool to be 75 huh?!! You have a way to go to catch up to Kevin McCarthy!!... which means more parties!!! yeeeeehaaaaw!!

love the pics! long ago I posted some of me as a child ..heh.. gawd. Your's are better! hahaha!

and i adore Carole Cook! She just did an appearance on Greys Anatomy recently!! Once you've seen her you never forget her!! A funny, funny lady!!

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 5:25:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Oh, I'll be there! Your 75 years have been filled with such wonderful memories, and I'm so thankful you choose to share them with us.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 6:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You can count on me on your birthday. I'm sure it would be a big bash.
You were not only surrounded by wonderful men but I may good looking ones. Even at your age, you still look beautiful. This is a compliment that is honest and coming from the bottom of my heart and from the top of the world.
Advance Happy Birthday.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 6:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love the virtual party idea! I may have to borrow it for my big (30) birthday this summer. I especially like your picture as a child!

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 7:24:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a wonderful idea! And yes, you were an adorable 4 year old -- which only makes sense. I mean what else could a person who radiates beauty be?

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 7:36:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh how wonderful Naomi!! This will be so much fun!!

I think when it comes to best blogger that you will be right there in the running!! Your blog is so neat!! I can't imagine there being a better one!

Yes, I want to be at the party!! I am ready to party, party, party, and especially for your birthday!!

Looking forward to it! You sure were a cute little girl. Can't wait to see all the other pictures that you post of your life. Fantastic!!

((((Hugs)))

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 7:56:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Of course I will be there Aunty Em, I am here every day as it is lol.
I JUST updated my blog about a minute before you left your message. We had crossed wires again ;)
Carole Cook is very funny, loved her on Greys as you know because we already talked about that awhile ago.
Have a wonderful evening.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 8:21:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Your birthday is the same day as my daughters, what a special day it is!! I'll be there to celebrate this special day! Beautiful pictures and I can't wait to see more!!

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 9:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

A Virtual Birthday Party!! That is so cool and so cyberspacy (can that be a word? Well, it is now!). I've written down the time and dates and plan to be here. I love your walk down memory lane so far and look forward to the next 15 days.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 9:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You show biz types always want to leave 'em wanted more. I was so sorry to see you post end and will be eagerly anticipating the ongoing "show" before the party---which I won't miss for the world! You brighten my world, dear Naomi!
love,
lucyd

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 9:44:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I am SO glad you told me about this. What an absolute angel you were at 4 years old! I will clear the calendar & just hope you have some cute busboys working! w00t!!

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 9:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Thanks for stopping by my place.

What a cute four year old YoungYoungYoungLadyOfTheHills! I am looking forward to seeing more of your life in pictures and the virtual party. What a great idea.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 11:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

A virtual birthday party sounds positively great.

Advanced happy birthday!

Michele sent me!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 12:10:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

i'll try to be there :o)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 1:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Awesome! Cam the man has a vet appointment in the am, but you know I will be there!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 2:34:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I'll be there. Great idea, Naomi! :) I'm enjoying the stories and pics (as always), and all the nice comments others leave, too. You were/are a beautiful lady and I hope the days leading up to your birthday are happy ones!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 2:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

yahoo! a party! wouldn't miss it for anything, dear naomi! ;)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 8:40:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

[dusts off posh frock]

[digs out bling from Palace safe]

The queen of all things crazie loves a good party!

Of course, I will have to fit work in around it :-( Even a queen has to earn a shillin' or two.....

12.01am? [does quick vague math] that's about 7am our time in the UK :-)

Would you like to borrow Walt and Clara for the general running around that always comes with a big party?? :-)

You'll have to tell us how it feels to be 25! :-)

cq

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 8:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love love love that photo of you at 4 (I think it was). Precious!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 9:44:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

I love other people's bdays, specially yours because you know how to throw a party! This will be a huge celebration, with many, many people from all over, I know! what fun! great idea to share your pics with us, my dear.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 9:48:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a neat idea! I'm looking forward to both the virtual party and the pictures!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 3:13:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You sure seem hot for a 74 year old, Naomi. Thanks for the invite to your virtual party!

Thursday, June 15, 2006 at 10:52:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.