Monday, May 08, 2006

I don't want "The West Wing" to end! No, I don't! This show,...this show is so damn good, in every way...tonights episode...the writing...Oh My Lord The Glorious Writing.....it was like the writing of those first three or four seasons...The Sorkin/Schlamme years...And let's talk about the acting...Oh My Lordy...That Alison Janney is AMAZING...simply AMAZING!!! They are all amazing...That scene with the equally superb Richard Schiff (Toby Zeigler)...this is great writing, this is great acting, this is great great television...great great any kind of 'entertainment'...theatre, films...etc. (What these two actors did is so hard....the subtleties...the nuances...F**cking Brilliant...Moving...Funny....Serious...all in 7 minutes or however long that scene was....Magnificent Television....The scene at the end of the episode with Alison Janney and Timothey Busfield (Danny C.)...Magnificent...!! 'The West Wing' has alwys hired the Best Actors...The Best Of The Best...The Cream Of The Crop....always, and those actors tonight sure showed their stuff....they all make it look sooooo easy...)

And, I don't want "West Wing" to end because I love Jed Bartlett, and Abbey, and Josh and I loved loved loved Leo...the exquisite late John Spencer....yes I loved these people and I wish our country was run by them...Yes, I know it's a television show....Yes, I live in a fantasy world about this and it's because what these people want to do and how they talk about doing what they want to do is what I think America is truly all about or should be! These are the ideals of America. Not the coruption. Not the lies....NOT the Emperor's New Clothes that so many politicians think we don't see...they think we are too stupid to see that The Emperor has no clothes. They don't realize that we are not too stupid or unfeeling or uninterested to see that the Emperor has no heart and what little heart he might have is completely empty of empathy....empty of true compassion for WE THE PEOPLE...Remember, We The People includes Everyone! And there are those of us who see that 'they', including The Emperor and all his unfeeling non-caring henchman, don't care about all of the people, and that breaks our hearts.

'The West Wing' shows us how really really 'good' we could be in this country. How really meaningful it is to truly care and govern from caring.....to govern from being inclusive, not from selfish personal agenda's that are exclusive....'The West Wing's' agenda is to include all of us....to include every single one of us, because 'The West Wing' believes that each and every one of us in this country are, WE THE PEOPLE.

I loved Jed Bartlett as our President and I think Matt Santos is going to be a GREAT President and I loved that he has picked Arnold Vinick as his Secretary of State! This is not about partisanism. This is about what's best for the country. And if you don't know what I'm talking about...if you don't recognize any of these names then you have missed some of the best Best BEST television, ever! And some of the most wonderful people who if they were 'real' would have gotten my vote, for sure. 'The West Wing' gave us someone to vote FOR, not just a candidate to vote against who is the lesser of two evils. So, if you missed all this, you can rent it on DVD. Better yet, you can buy it if you are of a mind. And to really torture yourself, next Sunday night is The End. The last new episode of 'The West Wing', ever. The Finale. The Finish. Bye Bye. It will be two hours. And the first hour is to be the very first fabulous episode of 'The West Wing', and the 2nd hour is the very last, no doubt, fabulous episode. Tears will be shed at my house, I can tell you that, cause I truly want Matt Santos to be our President, right now.

And just in case you think I've gone round the bend, let me assure you once again that I know it's a television show. I know it isn't real life. I'm saying I want it to be real life and not just a television show. So sue me.
It's depressing, too, cause this show gave me hope for our beauiful wonderful country, and at this point in time, there is nothing else on tv that inspires in this special wonderful way. Like I said, I hate that this show is ending. Tears will be shed.







20 Comments:
had this to say:

I must confess, I wandered away from the show a few seasons ago. My nights were consumed with child related stuff and work related stuff. Shows moved around and I lost track. I never did get back into it.

I've always been politicians like Jimmy Stewars "Mr. Smith." The sad thing is I think most of the voting public is too cynical to vote for such a candidate.

Popping back in by way of Michele's this am.

Monday, May 8, 2006 at 3:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Indeed the West Wing has a quality to it that we are seldom treated to on television. It will be missed. Two of my favorite episodes are the Thanksgiving one with the running joke about Indians in the lobby, abd the Christmas one where the President can't get his family to sit down together at a meal.

Monday, May 8, 2006 at 3:56:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

This show airs over here too, but I have never got into it. I will try and have a look out for it.

Wouldn't it be great if fantasy became real if it made a big difference to how we live.

Have a good day.
(I tried to send you a ducky picture but your e-mail is a non-response address.)

Monday, May 8, 2006 at 9:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I have never seen this show, but you've got me interested enough that I will have to rent the DVDs of past seasons.
I had been told that "Lost" was such a good show, so I rented the DVDs for that and got caught up before this season began.
I think I will enjoy The West Wing.

Monday, May 8, 2006 at 10:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm ashamed to say I've never watched West Wing. But I've missed out on lots of good things.
This is the only means I have to thank you for your very kind comment about my blog (www.octogenarian.blogspot.com).
My e-mail message addressed to your blog name bounced back to me.
You ought to post your e-mail address on your blog.

Monday, May 8, 2006 at 1:07:00 PM PDT 

Blogger JR
had this to say:

I AM SOOOO WITH YOU ON LOVING WEST WING!!!! I also love how they show us what our country could be, what our politicians should be, etc. I'm an eternal idealist!

Monday, May 8, 2006 at 3:02:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

It's so nice to know there are others out there who love this show like me. I'm upset about its demise as well. I have watched every single show from the beginning and have never missed one! (thank goodness for TiVo!) I'm not ready for next weeks season finally. Heck, I got all choked up last night! Sigh....I guess all good things must come to an end....

Monday, May 8, 2006 at 3:25:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Would you believe I have never seen that show?

I guess there is something on another channel at the same time that I watch.

Monday, May 8, 2006 at 8:36:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Don't worry Aunty Em , I just updated, I am fine just devoid of inspiration lol.
I have to confess I have not watched West Wing and it never really caught on here.

Monday, May 8, 2006 at 9:25:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

never seen a single episode. I think I've only saw Seinfeld a few times too. I'm outta da loop

Monday, May 8, 2006 at 10:25:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Don't get the show over here :(

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 3:23:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Well Naomi, I loved it the first couple of seasons, but then lost interest - mostly because I couldn't figure out what was going on. I didn't understand it, but that's just me. Sorry that your favorite show is ending!

Here via Michele's. Hope you have a great day!

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 3:28:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I don't watch the show but I am sorry for your loss.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 9:02:00 AM PDT 

Blogger srp
had this to say:

As one commenter said, "I am sorry for your loss."

I've only watched it here and there.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 9:49:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi,
The end of WW is positively a tragedy at our house. Jack's all-time favorite TV show. He wonders why we can't have a real president like Jeb...AND NOT BUSH.
Sorry, I just get a bit carried away. Anyway, I loved your post and pix.
love from
MOTlucyd

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 12:17:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I have never watched it and it sounds like I missed out on something good. Drats!

Sorry it is ending. Why do they end good TV shows?

I can certainly understand the fantasy you speak of and wish it for our country.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 7:23:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Why do I get the subtle impression you like West Wing??? Well, I do too! Also share your appreciation for the quality of the acting.

Do think we should also be lavishing a bit of praise on the writers who scripted the lines.

Why is it that the traditional TV networks cancel most good quality shows? Are they afraid they might raise viewing standards, requiring them to air even more good programs?

Found your link at Tamar's. Was beginning to wonder where all the So Cal bloggers were, but now can add you to my meager list.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 1:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I just had to add that I've only seen one episode of Friends and I've never seen a single episode of Survivor

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 10:00:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Quality in TV-land is, unfortunately, a fleeting thing. Even when we're presented with it on a weekly basis, we often fail to recognize it.

And such is the case as the West Wing makes its final bow. It soldiered on for years after it first topped the ratings, only a few die-hards bothering to pay attention.

I am saddened at the paucity of well-written, well-produced and well-acted content on television today. We all lose in the end, for great shows like WW inspire those who watch them to raise their own bar just a little bit more.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 1:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I've bought the first 3 seasons on DVD, Naomi, but I doubt I'll add any more seasons to the collection. After that the writing was uneven. Some really good episodes, some... well, not as good. This last season has had some very good stuff but I'm not up to date on it. I've got 4 episodes recorded that I've not seen yet. Maybe I'll watch the last 6 shows in one marathon session.

When all is said and done--it'd not surprise me if the first season of West Wing is considered the best year of a television show ever. Only time will tell...

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 5:23:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.