Wednesday, May 20, 2009
betty at 90!

On May 23rd, Betty Garrett will be 90 years old! I cannot imagine it...but, 90 years of age she will be. And so, I am interrupting my 'french trip posts' to honor my friend and tell you about her, as I know her. Oh, and on Thursday, May 21st, I am having a "Ladies Who Lunch" here to celebrate Betty's Birthday, and also to celebrate Lee Meriwether's Birthday, as well----(Lee's falls on May 27th....).....My dear dear long time friend Betty Garrett is a treasure. A true National Treasure, but besides that, she is a true treasure to all of us who actually know her and--without question--who love her.....The picture above was taken at my 65th Birthday Party that Betty gave for me......I forgot I had this picture...Carol & Dom DeLuise with Betty, isn't it dear? Everyone loves Betty. I mean Everyone! Well, that is not completely true....I know one person, just one, that has some real problems with her....But, that really says more about that person than it does about Betty.....I've gone many places with Betty over these 47 years of our friendship, and wherever I have gone with her, people come over to her and they speak to her with such love and such genuine admiration and affection....it never ceases to amaze me because it is so consistent...And, of course, it makes total total sense. They love and adore everything about her, because they "feel" they actually really know her....(Below: The Broadway Opening of "Meet Me In St' Louis", 1989.....Betty was WONDERFUL...She actually danced on the top of a table, among other things....and she was 70 at the time....!)And, in fact, these people are absolutely right. They do know her! There is something that Betty exudes when she appears as an actress that endears people to her....an energy of her heart and from her heart, comes forward and touches people like a little Angel with a Star Wand that gently lands on your shoulder and that deeply changes something in you---in your whole being, in that moment.....(Below, Christmas, New York, 1989...)And that same 'magic' exists in her every day life. This is who she is. This is who she truly truly is! She is the 'Genuine Article', as they say. If you look at her career....There have been some 13 Broadway Shows over the many years of her career, and in the early days, before MGM saw that "special" quality that is indefinable and signed her up in a Heartbeat, there were maybe four Broadway shows.......

I was lucky enough to see two of those Broadway shows, back in the day, including the one that made her a Broadway "star" and won her that MGM Contract, and won her a lot of awards----- "Call Me Mister", who's 'Original Cast Album' got played on our Capeheart at home to the point of extinction....There were some films, too......six or seven, "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" opposite Frank Sinatra...And, again, opposite Sinatra---"On The Town"....then "Neptune's Daughter" and a few more after that, including "My Sister Eileen" with Jack Lemmon, Janet Leigh and the great Bob Fosse. And then came the Blacklist era----an unbelievably horrendous time in America's History, and in the History of a lot of people I knew and still know....But...But....But.....Here's the thing. People responded to Betty. People LOVED her....and though she didn't work on film for quite a few years....she was still working on the Stage in plays, and in Nightclubs with her husband Larry Parks. They worked in many places, like Las Vegas, and London, (and in The Provinces, too). They did plays everywhere---Chicago and Toronto & Broadway and they toured in plays together, too..like "Cactus Flower" and "Plaza Suite".....

And, then, in 1963, we did this extraordinary play-with-music on Broadway, "Spoon River Anthology"....an unforgettable experience in every way---Betty, Joyce Van Patten, Lee Meriwether, and myself---We were all a part of it in our little Theatre, Theatre West---Then, we went on to The Theatre Group at UCLA, and from there, to Broadway. (Lee was understudying the three of us ladies, but could not go to Broadway because she was pregnant)....and here, 47 years later, the four of us are still dear dear friends and colleagues, too....There were more plays, and tours and more Broadway. (Below, Betty and Carroll O'Connor...my 65th Birthday Party....the great "Archie")And then, finally, Betty was back in front of 'mass audiences'. Back in front of 'the people' through the magic of television. "All In The Family", one of the great great sit-coms of the 1970's, as the neighbor, Irene Lorenzo who gives Archie a really hard time....it was like coming home for Betty....Carroll was a longtime member of Theatre West, and Norman Lear worked with Betty back in her early Broadway days.....And after that, than came "Laverne & Shirley". Betty played the 'girls' landlady and eventually ended up marrying Laverne's father, on the show that is.....AND, meanwhile she worked on 'the stage' continually. She was in a play of mine, ("Nobody Safe Here" above, with Annie Guilbert, early 1981) and also directed another play of mine, plus, she appeared in at least two dozen other stage
performances--and back on "Broadway" a number of times, too...."Supporting Cast, by George Furth, 1981.... Here above, we are in Betty's dressing room---this was September, 1981. "Supporting Cast", Betty, Charley Berliner---a great Set and Costume Designer---and me.....And, then in 1989, Betty was back on Broadway in "Meet Me In St. Louis" at The Gershwin....I was there Opening night and came back to New York for Christmas and two other times while she was playing, because of a very sad loss in my family....So I got to see this show almost four times....And there she is above, in her dressing room at The Gershwin, in her 'finale' costume.....And by the way, this show is where her son Garrett met his wife, the beautiful Karen Culliver....Betty and Karen were both in "Meet Me" and in the finale, they sat next to each other in a sort of surrey. Garrett fell in love. Here are Karen and Betty in Sacramento where Karen was playing the lead in "Secret Garden".....We all flew up to see this beautiful young woman in this gorgeous show....I love this picture! I could be wrong, but I think Karen was pregnant with their beautiful dear daughter, Maddie.... This picture above was at New Years Eve, 2006.....Karen, Garrett, Maddie and Betty all live together in the home that Betty and Larry moved into in 1962.....So Betty has the wonderful pleasure of seeing her beloved granddaughter growing and developing as a person, on a day to day basis..... And, here above are Betty and her two wonderful sons...Garrett and Andrew. This was on her Birthday, May 23rd, 2001...between the Matinee and Evening performance. We went across the street to a restaurant for an early dinner....And this was when she was last on Broadway in the revival of Stephen Sondheim's "Follies", one of the great great shows of the 20th Century. And amazingly, Betty was in the same dressing room at The Belasco Theatre as she had been back in 1963 when we moved to that theatre from The Booth Theatre when we were doing "Spoon River".... I LOVE this picture....the wonderful Marge Champion over on the left, who was in "Follies" too, and who shared the dressing room with Betty, and, the truly great and incandescently talented Patti Lupone, who had seen the Matinee and came back and introduced herself to these two incredible ladies....I was thrilled to get a picture of these three 'Theatre Legends'......


So, Betty Garrett is an Actress, Singer, Writer, Director, Composer, Mother and Grandmother.... And she has never ever stopped doing what she was born to do. (Read her book, "Betty Garrett And Other Songs"....it will tell you a lot more than I can fit here into this little blog of mine....), AND, all the time, being a good great friend to many many people. For more years than I can count, I have been spending Christmas with The Parks Family. And for just about that same amount of time, she and her dear family, have been spending New Years Eve with me, here on the hill.....And of course, over these 47 years we have spent countless hours sharing all sorts of amazing things, together---many many birthdays, and lots of other important 'milestones'. And we've been to many wonderful places, too, like London, New York, Texas, Florida, and San Francisco....just to name a few. Her dear sweet talented husband Larry Parks, who adored her unconditionally, was a good good friend, too, and we all spent many happy hours together---a few of those hours were in Hawaii, before his untimely death in April of 1975. Larry was one of the most decent, loving, caring and talented people I've ever known. It is no mystery why these two people were happily married till the day he died.....Soul Mates. That is what they were, and a dearer man never walked this earth.Dear dear Betty will turn 90 years old on May 23rd, 2009.....And as I said, we will have a "Ladies Who Lunch" this Thursday, the 21st, Celebrating her Birthday. Then, on Sunday, May 31st, there is a Big Celebration, a Fund Raiser for her beloved Theatre West. "Betty's 90th Birthday Bash" should be a great one, that's for sure! She will be performing, along with Gogi Grant and Betty's beautiful daughter-in-law, Karen Culliver and the fabulous three-some that she belongs to, The Leading Ladies---these three young women have all played "Christine" in "Phantom Of The Opera" on Broadway, etc. They have these glorious Soprano voices, and they will be singing their hearts out. Her dear musician son Garrett will be performing and her other DIL, Katy Melody, will be singing....(It is a 'family' affair,)....Plus some other wonderful people, like Carole Cook and David Engel.....And, a great Bonus, Beau Bridges and his dear daughter Emily are performing, too, representing The Bridges Family---long long long-time friends of The Parks Family.....(Below, Jeff with Betty at her 80th Birthday Celebration......)Jeff Bridges is Betty's Godson, and, unfortunately he cannot be there because he is working---one of the gifts and hazards of 'the business-of-show', and something we all share, so everyone understands......Here I am below with Betty at that same wonderful 80th Birthday Celebration......
How I wish I could be there to Celebrate her 90th on the 31st, but my health issues won't allow. But I will be there in spirit. Everyone will be Celebrating this amazing special women on that day....and as I said before and will say again. Dear Betty is, without a doubt, a true National Treasure.....!
So.........

90 COUNT THEM 90, years. She still performs....She is still involved and engaged in her life's work---it is what keeps her alive...It Is What She Was Born To Do. It is her 'plasma'. (Below in "My One And Only"...)I count myself so incredibly lucky to call Betty my colleague and my friend . I love her with all my heart and I thank her with all my heart for the truly wonderful special friendship she has bestowed on me for all of these many many years, and I wish her the Happiest Of Birthdays, ever ever ever! Here we are above, in Sarasota, Fla., in 1990, where I had a show of my paintings.....Betty came down for the opening and we got to 'play' a little bit, too. Below, one of my very favorite pictures I have ever taken of Betty...we were on the Beach there in Sarasota and Betty was doing one the things she loves best.....Shelling...... So Happy 90th Birthday, dear friend....You enrich all those who come in contact with you and make their lives and ours, better in every way...... Have a wonderful wonderful day and week and year.....We treasure you, my dear, more than we can say.......

More To Come..........













45 Comments:
had this to say:

How wonderful !!! I do so love your photo's of your friends and your birthday parties and of course the ladies that lunch!!

I can't believe better will be 90! I hope you are still posting photo's when she is 100!!!

And Lee's Birthday too?!! What a very special time for you to have two such good friends to celebrate their birthdays together like that!!

Please give both Betty and Lee special birthday wishes from me..someone who admires them both.
Hugs to you Naomi for sharing them with us like you do.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 4:41:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

How I wish you could be there with Betty at the bash, but I know you'll have a fantastic Thursday lunching with the ladies and celebrating more intimately at home. The food and decor is always so wonderful; I look forward to hearing more about it.

I didn't realize Betty was the neighbor on All In The Family. What a fun show! I loved her on Laverne & Shirley as well. If only I could see her in a play...

Your photos are wonderful, and this is quite a tribute to your 90 year old friend, who continues to look stunning, btw!

The Sarasota photo of you two is fantastic! The smile on both your faces say it all! I wish you many more happy times together.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 7:02:00 AM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

What a wonderful tribute to an extraordinary lady.
Happy Birthday to Betty! enjoy a fantastic lunch, can't wait for those pictures.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 7:40:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Wonderfully done. I'm sure she'll be quite pleased with this heartfelt tribute.

BTW, my one and only trip to NYC to visit some of my wife's relatives was in 1989. I saw "Meet Me In St. Louis" and remember her performance.

Cheers.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 8:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a great friendship you two have--I love reading about it and seeing it, ever since I first saw you two together up on that Sid Luckman stage in your beaded gowns years ago before I knew you. Betty is a one-of-a-kind person and talent (as are you) and I wish her so much health and happiness on her 90th. I was at her 80th bash and hope to make it to this one.

Take back your Samba, ay!,
Your Rumba, ay!, your Conga, ay-yi-yi!
I can't keep movin', ay!, my chassis, ay!,
Any longer, ay-yi-yi!
Now maybe Latins, ay!, in their middles, ay!,
Are built stronger, ay-yi-yi!
But all this takin' to the quakin'
And this makin' with the shakin'
Leaves me achin', olé!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 9:38:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a wonderful tribute to a dear, dear friend! You certainly have written a great presentation here...I hope she gets to read it.

Have a wonderful day Thursday Ladies Who Lunch and I can't wait for the pictures!

Say hello to Lee too....I read recently that her first husband Frank Aletter died and that must be hard on her two daughters. I'm sure Lee is sad too. They were a beautiful family from the photos I've seen in the trades/mags of her family when they were raising her daughters.

Two wonderful women that you are soooo lucky to call "friend."

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 10:57:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I am speachless ... what a wonderful tribute to a dear friend! Happy Birthday Betty!!!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 12:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi,
I'm overwhelmed. Allmost wordless about the beauty of a 90 year "young" woman. (My mother is as well born in 1919).
I think about their wisdom and experiences - from the time when radios and phones were rare, even cars. And modern restrooms and electricity. TV was at that time unknown, but it was soundless movietheatres. For those that could pay for the tickets.

And all the others famous friends of yours.
It's so nice to see them as "regular" people. I think that's very important to be very private from time to time.
Regrettable it's a fact that as soon as your are "famous", private life is a real challenge.
I say: Like people without the ability to create and realize their dreams - they by "Lotto" coupons or use their hard work for dollars in Las Vegas

btw. I Hope you will publish all your very genuine memories. I'll be the first to buy that book.

PS. I'm still in a very mixed mood.
Read my last post.
I'll soon read more from your French Adventure back then. What a time. C'est la vie de la temps passé

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 12:48:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

How about framing it and giving it to her? Wonderful tribute that I am sure would bring a tear and a smile. Kind of a written hug.
You have met some amazing people but then they got to meet you. Sounds fair.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 3:10:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

i agree it is a lovely tribute...it seems she has led a full life, maybe her secret of looking so great at 90!! you have lived a full life too..you are an inspiration to me!!! keep pressing on in spite of your health issues! it has been fun getting to know you on your blog!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 4:11:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh, Naomi, isn't it wonderful to have friends like Betty? What an incredible blessing you both have found in each other. To be so loyal to each other for so long is a tribute to BOTH of you!

Happy Birthday to Betty. Have wonderful lunch and I hope she has a super birthday. :)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 9:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I have loved Betty Garrett ever since I was a little girl and old enough to watch the movies that my Mum grew up on. Thank you for posting this wonderful birthday tribute Naomi! Betty is such a treasure!! Betty, may I wish you the happiest of birthdays and send you lots of warm birthday wishes all the way from Melbourne, Australia! Cheers! Linda xxx

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 3:04:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy 90th birthday to your dear talented sweet friend Betty - and also Lee Meriwhether - may you all have a wonderful ladies who lunch celebration, Naomi :)

To be friends with someone with 47 years is a treasured relationship.

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 5:44:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi,

What a lovely post about your dear friend Betty.

The two of you are gorgeous.

Brilliant to have been such good friends for so long.

Hope the lunch is very enjoyable.

Love,
Herrad

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 6:09:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Happy Happy 90th Birthday Dear Miss Betty! You wear it well!


**I am in awe that you knew Carroll O'Connor... he was one of my faves and I still mourn his passing :(

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 9:58:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

A truly beautiful tribute!

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 10:26:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a wonderful tribute to you very dear friend!
I wish I had a magic wand that would allow you to attend her big bash celebration.
I'm sure you are having a terrific day today, celebrating her b-day and Lee Meriwether's b-day.
I hope your ladies who lunch have a marvelous time of laughter and delicious food. I know all of you enjoy each other's company so much.
Your friendship with Betty is a very special thing.
I love that you've had a core of very close friends for many years.
I love that Betty lives with Garrett, Karen, and Maddie. What a joy to be surrounded by her family and her precious granddaughter.
Betty's smile is so genuine and attractive. It shines in every photo!
I love all the photos of you and Betty. Thanks so much for sharing all of them with us.
ENJOY today's party!!!!!

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 11:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

first I have to say how much I love seeing photos of you - it brings your voice to life for me and I see your amazing spirit - and you're so pretty

Happy Birthday Betty!!
I adored Betty in 'All in the Family' - such perfect comedic timing

I have loved her in everything she did - she exudes kindness and has one of the warmest smiles I have ever seen

Happy Birthday to Lee as well - another great lady

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 1:28:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi Naomi, just a quick hello, I so love your photo's and stories, its been a very trying week here in NY, my friend Mauve, is laid off, although she has to be here for 90 days in order to collect severance. Unfournatly they are not done, waiting to gov. to finish deciding what's going to go and which programs are to stay. So again thank you for the smile. Pat from NY

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 2:47:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

How lucky you both are to have such a long lasting friendship. It speaks volumes about the two of you.

It's sad you can't attend the party but great that you can entertain her in your lovely home. What memories you must have.
What a smile she has - she must light up the room.
Happy Birthday Betty and thank you for all the joy you have given countless people over the years.

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 3:52:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What a wonderful tribute to such a special person and friend to you!
From so many postings about Betty over the years I've known you, Naomi, I almost feel like I know Betty too.
As you know, I got her book, read it and loved it and when I mailed off a note to Betty to tell her so.....I was beyond thrilled to receive a personal hand-written note back from her! And OH, Yeah! I treasure that note and always will!
So please from me.....wish Betty a truly spectacular birthday on Saturday! Because she certainly deserves it. But also tell her...I still think she's fibbing about her age...lol She looks great!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BETTY!
And thank you, Naomi, for sharing all of this with us. Can't wait to read about the luncheon today.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 4:19:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a wonderful birthday gift you've made for Betty in this photo journal with such a great selection of pictures from over the years (even one of Jeff Bridges, who I've had a crush on since I was a teenager). I remember Betty from All in the Family and now from your Ladies Lunches! Happy Birthday to her and thanks for this glimpse into the real life of an actress.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 6:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi- Seems like yesterday you posted about Betty's last birthday. My how time flies. She has an incredible career for sure, and yes I agree, a national treasure in many ways!

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 6:42:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow seems like a long way off but I hope she enjoys her b-day. Thanks for sharing it with us.. I love all the photo's.. It explains just who this person is and how special she is.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 11:55:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I just wanted to chime in and say how much I enjoyed reading the birthday tribute to your dear friend. Your observation that people who only know Betty from TV or the movies view her as a friend is certainly true of me. I first saw her on "All In the Family" and immediately fell in love with her character - Irene Lorenzo. I then saw several of her films and marveled at her effortless possession of the screen. I always felt that Betty seemed like a person that would be ever so much fun to know "in real life," and I'm so happy to learn through your blog that my impression was accurate. Many happy returns to Betty and many thanks to you for sharing your tribute to her with us.

Ann W.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 7:15:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Looks like a grand party! Happy birthday,Betty!

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 7:19:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi,

I was on my way here to tell you to wish Betty a happy birthday for me; I should have known that you would already have a post about her. She is still a beautiful woman and I can tell that she is as beautiful inside as she is out.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 8:44:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Betty looks great for 90!! What a lovely tribute you have written! I enjoyed seeing all the photos. I'll be looking forward to reading and seeing pictures from the luncheon!!

It's wonderful that you two have been such good friends for so long! I'll have to read her book now!!

Wonderful, wonderful tribute Naomi.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 10:56:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

OH how wonderful, Seemah told us about her Birthday and you are such a wonderful friend blogging about her :D

Happy 90th Birthday to Betty and wishing her good health and happiness always :D

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 4:11:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a lovely lady, and what a thoughtful caring tribute to her. Ninety years and she is still going strong... how wonderful! Happy Birthday to a great lady of show biz! Enjoy hosting the birthday lunch, as you always do... and I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of you all.
And... FYI... no grandbaby yet! We are all still waiting, some of us patiently, some of us IMPATIENTLY!

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 6:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hey I thought I recognized your picture and indeed I have been here before; I don't know if you remember me.
Your I don't know her, bc I'm scribbling from across the Pond, but your friend is v beautiful and has a wonderful poise.
I've always thought acting would be a fun job to do (no idea whether I could do it ...(!!))

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 1:41:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Aunty Em, I actually REMEMBERED it was dear Bettys birthday today and yesterday ( she gets two days because of the time difference)

Send her lots of love from New Zealand,I am still sad her leg was playing up and she couldn't come for lunch in December.
Birthday good wishes for the gorgeous Lee as well.She is still so stunning !
Hugs to you too and dear Sweetie love love always,:D

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 5:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Birthday to ALL the ladies who lunch. You are a role model of a friend.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 9:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTY! How wonderful to be 90th birthday!
Naomi, you did a great tribute to a dear and lovely friend!

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 5:08:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy birthday, Betty!

Thanks for sharing so many faces of her, Naomi! I only know her from "All in the Family".

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 6:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Birthday to Betty - All the way from Norway :-)

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 2:35:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wonderful post! I know you all had a fantastic lunch :)

And wow, Betty's granddaughter really favors her! You can see where those eyes came from.

Monday, May 25, 2009 at 9:27:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy belated birthday wishes to Betty!

You know the one thing I notice from this post si that wonderful smile of hers in all the photos. It's absolutely radiant and has never lost any of it's shine over the years. In fact it seems to have gained some :)

Monday, May 25, 2009 at 1:42:00 PM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

What a wonderful life, great pictures and heart-warming memories. Thanks for sharing.

Monday, May 25, 2009 at 6:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

OH Naomi, that was such a wonderful tribute to your beautiful friend. There is nothing like being close to someone who exudes friendly kindness like you describe in Betty.
You exude it too.

I was thinking of how bittersweet it must've been for you to prepare this post....choosing the photos and reminiscing about the times and celebrations knowing that some are only there in spirit and memory. Photos and memories are sacred passages and as much as the feelings are intense....it's all good no matter what the feelings are....to have been touched by such love of friendship is a gift of abundance.
Can you imagine life without knowing that feeling?

Monday, May 25, 2009 at 7:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a fabulous tribute to such a dear friend! Betty is obviously beautiful both inside and out. The two of you are so lucky to have such a wonderful, full friendship of so many years. I can only wish for something close to what the two of you share. Your friendship is beautiful.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 8:44:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That was a beautiful tribute to a friend of many years. Its says so much about her but even more about you. Wonderful!

Friday, June 12, 2009 at 7:01:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

From Spain, dear Betty, a lot of love........you are beatiful.And sensacional artist, a real star.
Maribel Martínez Éder

Thursday, November 26, 2009 at 1:16:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I just heard about Betty Garrett's passing. As a fan, I went online to reminisce. Thank you for sharing your personal stories of friendship with Ms. Garrett. They are warm, inspiring, and honor her memory with such great, great love. I'm sorry you've lost such an amazing friend, but I'm so happy for you, too. You were a great friend to a beautiful person.

Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 5:53:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

i remember her
: )

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 at 9:03:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.