Sunday, September 10, 2006
glenn ford day on tcm!

Well, I got my wish....Glenn Ford Day on Turner Classic Movies.

This morning, Sunday, as I write this....the Western "The Deperado's", which started about a 40 minutes ago or so....Glenn, Randolph Scott, Claire Trevor and Evelyn Keyes is the first of six films TCM will be showing today!

Then at 6:30am (9:30am-Eastern) we have "A Stolen Life" with Bette Davis playing twins and G.F. playing opposite her, trying to figure out the 'good' twin from the 'bad'...!


Then, at 8:30a.m (11:30am-Eastern) we have "Gilda" with the gorgeous Rita Hayworth doing that sizzling musical number, "Put The Blame On Mame, Boys".....you do not want to miss this film!


Then, at 10:30am (1:30p.m.-Eastern), we have "The Blackboard Jungle", that wonderful film with the very young fantastically talented Sidney Poitier....a wonderful movie...




Then, at 12:30pm (3:30pm-Eastern) we have "Teahouse Of The August Moon" a wonderful picture with a very young talented Marlon Brando, as well as G.F.....another 'do not miss this film'.....this was a Broadway play before Columbia Pictures bought it and it became a vehicle for dear Glenn Fors.



And last, but not least, at 2:45pm (5:45pm-Eastern) we have "The Courtship Of Eddie's Father" with a very young Ron Howard and a lovely Shirley Jones.....


So there you have it 12 hours of dear wonderful Glenn Ford....and if you only have time for one of these films....make it "Gilda"....that was the 'I-fell-in-love-with-Glenn-Ford-picture....' or for many it is the 'I-fell-in-lust-with-Rita-Hayworth-picture....
Just watch it, okay?

Thank you Turner Classics for honoring this wonderful actor today...as most of you will remember he died about 12 days ago and this is a terrific way to honor him.....Enjoy!







5 Comments:
Blogger srp
had this to say:

My dad is probably in the den watching right now. I've been in bed with a stomach bug today...gee, I hate to be nauseated.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 at 1:12:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wish I had a tv and some time!!!
Ah well...I'm sure it was a lovely movie-a-thon.


Kendra

Sunday, September 10, 2006 at 5:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Only now I see this post.
Lucky you! Many great movies to see again! Love the first photo, he looks very charming!

Monday, September 11, 2006 at 6:15:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

How lovely. You know I discovered an indie video store and they have all kinds of B&W films, categorized by actor. I might be able to get up to speed on cinema. They don't have any memorbilia from him that I saw but props and costumes from a lot of movies as decorations.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 2:47:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

oh darn, forgot to say Michele sent me.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 2:48:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.