Friday, December 07, 2012
more halloween

So here we are, back at Halloween.....sorry it has taken me so long, but....better late than never.
Our Lunch was Quiche and Salad---a very yummy salad--Butter Lettuce, Caramelized Pecans and Pears.....It is my very favorite salad, and everyone loves Quiche.....
And, for desert......
Not the greatest picture I ever took....but, still, two fabulous cakes....The Lemon Hazelnut Meringue (Yuuuummmmmmmm),
The Deep Dark Chocolate Sweet Lady Jane Cake....again, everybody's favorites!
Of course, Coffee, etc., and then, it was time to open our Gift Bags!

This darling Bear was everyone's favorite....!
They loved their Caps, too.....I thought they were so colorful and fun! And living in Southern California, these are caps that everyone will actually use.
I love how Annie tried to put her cap on the top of her Shocking Pink Wig...lol!
As always, There were lots of silly things in the Gift Bags.
Little things that moved when you wound them up; Halloween Cups; Special Halloween Sun Glasses; Jewelry---Yes, very silly Jewelry, but, Jewelry nevertheless....
I found these Plastic Spider Rings---talk about silly...and of course, we always have to have fake 'bling'.....
And you have to have some kind of Skeleton on Halloween---this is a slinky rubbery skeleton--So Very Cute!!!
And there was this very very silly Ghost Necklace, too.......And then, there was a silly Halloween Pen.....

And, three different Key Chains....
Each of them were so cute....
The Rubber Chicken Key Chain---Truly Silly....And then the practical Flashlight Key Chain, and then---last but not least----the adorable "Sneaker" Key Chain....ALL of them so incredibly silly, but ALL of them so really cute and actually  usable........



More To Come........ 



Note: I think there will be one more Halloween Post and then, by that time, it will practically be Christmas! (lol)







22 Comments:
Blogger Pat
had this to say:

It all looks so bright and inviting
- everybody is having fun and then there is the food.
To die for:)




























Friday, December 7, 2012 at 2:39:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You ladies really know how to party. That food looks marvelous, especially the salad and lemon cake. All the gifts are perfect but the spider rings tickled me the most.
You definitely are the hostess with the mostess.
Looking forward to the next installment.

Friday, December 7, 2012 at 3:13:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love Quiche and salad. That sounds like an unusual salad but really good! The cakes look really tasty too.

The bags look full of such fun bits. I really like all the keyrings, especially the sneaker one. The caps look very bright and fun.

So do you get a goodie bag too??

Friday, December 7, 2012 at 3:19:00 AM PST 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

I love your celebrations! the menu is delicious and the jewelry simply fantastic!

Friday, December 7, 2012 at 6:35:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You are having too much fun! Is this lawful? That lunch makes me hungry – it’s close to lunch time here but I doubt there is this type of yummy lunch waiting for me in the kitchen…sigh!

Friday, December 7, 2012 at 9:43:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I always love all the gifts and playing with them all! You know how to throw "ladies that lunch" parties ..everyone always has fun!

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 10:46:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I think everyone who reads your posts wishes she could be a part of your ladies who lunch parties!! I know I sure do. You have such fun!

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 2:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

it looks wonderful like usual. hope all is well. Miss you but have been busy with life. Trying to make more rounds and visiting more often.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 3:17:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I totally have to go get the spider ring!

Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 8:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I don't care if you post a few more pics, I like to see you all in a festive mood and having fun and I love when you share the contents of the gifts bags, almost as much as when you describe your meals. Wow! That salad and quiche look fantastic. I love fruit in my salads...and eating light like that will make those heavenly desserts a better treat (no guilt). LOL

Bring on more pics and stories and have a beautiful holiday season, my friend! ♥

Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 4:45:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I absolutely love your parties (and that's just from seeing the pictures and hearing all about them!).

That food looks delicious too... I'm hungry now! :)

Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 7:15:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You ladies sure know how to have fun! I want to cuddle that teddy!

Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 11:17:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love the bears too!

Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 6:27:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

scary jewellery!

Monday, December 10, 2012 at 3:05:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Quiche of most varieties is generally a favorite of mine. Oh, those desserts -- sinful! Just thinking of all the laughter your group was having -- you must have released beaucoup healing endorphins!

Monday, December 10, 2012 at 4:30:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Looks like fun, Naomi!

Monday, December 10, 2012 at 7:45:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

That looks like a perfectly delightful lunch! Wonderful food and the gift bags were so fun. Loved this post. :)

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 2:43:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You all have such fun together. How fortunate you are to have each other and it looks like you had a delightful lunch. Yummy too.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 1:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

the caps are so pretty
it's all wonderful
you ladies know how to do a party

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 4:42:00 PM PST 

Blogger J C
had this to say:

Your parties are always so much fun Naomi. I love coming to them via the internet. 'cept you can't see my costume. LOL I've been wearing my mask all year. :)

Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 12:51:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Looks like you ladies had a marvelous time! I love the Halloween jewelry, very creative!

I love the green and black glasses too! Very cute!

That food looks delicious! *Yum*

Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 2:50:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Love your parties, Naomi, they are always so much fun! Looks all of you had a great time!
The lunch with quiche and salad looks delicious. These cakes looks also yummy! The gift bags are just amazing. The darling bear was my favorite too!
As always I said, I would love to be there with you and your dear friends!
Big hug!

PS: We have yesterday night and today morning a heavy rain and only now my internet is ok...

Friday, December 14, 2012 at 9:49:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.