Sunday, November 02, 2008
3rd blogiversary

November 3rd marks three years since I began this blog. I had started my first blog a month before that but then, my computer crashed and died. So after I got my new computer, blogging was so new to me I could not remember how to get on to my dashboard....So I started all over again, right then and there, and thus, this blog was born and took the first one's place...! This has been an amazing three years plus one month, for me. The people I have met through blogging....Oh My! When I look at all the many posts I have written over these last three years....Well, I can hardly believe it. And the many many pictures that I have posted----past and present----it is truly hard to believe...... These Hummingbirds above represent just one of the many subjects I have covered over these three years---the above picture is from 2007......Blogging is quite a trip and hopefully I will continue on this journey for a very long time. And I want to say 'Thank You' to all the dear people I have met all over the world....You have enriched my life in ways that I cannot even calculate or describe.......! And in honor of this 3rd Anniversary, I thought it might be fun to go back and show you some of the pictures I posted in November of 2005---the very first month of this blog. So, here goes........Oh, and by the way, all these pictures below, were analog pictures that I scanned in to my computer...... I had been trying to get a picture of my neighbor walking his dear little dog, for years.....This was the BEST I could do....I just loved that his 'poopy' bag was inside a Tiffany's Bag. We have this law in Los Angeles that you must pick up your dogs poop after walking him. That he chose this wonderful bag, always amused me..... I did a whole series of posts on my trip to London and The Cotswolds.....The picture above is like a postcard....! This was such a beautiful trip and I had taken so very many pictures to chronicle it. I just had to share some of them with my new blog buddies.A group of us from Los Angeles had all gone to London because dear Betty G. was doing her One-Woman Show there and that day in The Cotswolds was to celebrate my 62nd Birthday. It was one of the most memorable days for each and everyone of the 6 of us. We are all still talking about it.....In the picture above, starting from left to right---that is Charley Berliner---dear friend and very talented Set Designer/Costume Designer, then Dear Betty, then me, then Betty's Beau, (now deceased,) John Mosher, then Betty's cousin Carol Smith, and then our 'driver' Ray....The wonderful Seemah W. took the picture with my camera....... I just recently wrote a line about seeing Patti Lupone in "Sunset Blvd" in London. Well, here we were.....Seemah, over on the left, then the young woman selling 'merchandise', then Charlie B. and Me, standing right behind him, and then Betty's cousin Carol just below us.....This was a fantastic night. The show was still in previews at that point, and we were so incredibly lucky to get the tickets we did....! It was really kind of a miracle! And here are two pictures of my very wonderful beautiful "Sweetie"......Such a dear dear cat! These were pictures I had taken of him when he was still a young cat....still a kitty, really. Hard to believe he is now nine years old!

And below, a picture from my garden...... Another one of these special flowers that are only open for one day, once a year.....The magic of Nature, in all it's glory.....And that 'red' is so rich and the flower so lush and beautiful! And a 'family' picture from happier younger days....Well, at least we are all smiling----all, except my dear brother Gordon that is.....That is me way over to the left, then Gordon, then Gene, then Robin---(dear Robin is gone now), and at the end, over on the right, our piano teacher Frances Druckerman standing next to Robin. This was some little recital thingy that we had in our home.....I have no idea who came to hear us all play the piano, but somebody did. That is my mother behind me, Daddy next to her, "Maamaw", my dear grandmother Rose Berman, next to him...... My 'profile' picture, taken in 1968-69.....It is hard for me to believe I ever smoked now! But, 'smoke', I did, and like a chimney, too. But not too long after this picture was taken I had my very last cigarette. It was November 12th, 1970. So, I'm coming up on another Anniversary....38 years of not smoking....Amazing! And then below, a picture of one of my paintings...... This is from 1987....And it is a BIG Painting....more than 6 feet by 8 feet......It is really like a picture of me, at that time, too.....And last, but not least....the picture below was from a fantastic display of The AIDS Quilt, laid out at The Rose Bowl in Pasadena.....I went to see it and it was one of the most moving experiences of my life. That day, I was able to find the panels of a number of my friends who had squares included in the quilt.....It is quite awesome to see this memorial laid out like that. And the part of The Quilt that was there in Pasadena that day was only a small portion of the whole entire quilt. The above picture was from my post of November 30th, 2005---the last post of that first month of my blog. I posted it, and some other pictures, too, in honor of and in conjunction with World AIDS Day .

These are just a sampling of the 116 pictures I posted that very first month and I was still just learning how to actually "Post" pictures, believe it or not.......So here's to all of you, my dear readers.....long may you wave.....And I hope you will stick with me for the duration, however long that may be......

More To Come..........













42 Comments:
had this to say:

Happy Blogiversary Naomi! I'm glad I've gotten to know you and I look forward to what stories you have in store for us!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 1:55:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, I remember all of those photos and I loved the story about your trip to the Cotswolds. I can't believe it has been 3 years! You bring such fun and joy with every post. Whatever would we do without you???

I hope you will have many more years of blogging and that someday, we get to meet in person!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 4:55:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Dear Naomi, CONGRATULATIONS on your Third Anniversary of blogging! Its been a real pleasure meet you! You was one of the very first blogfriends I met and I am glad and honored to be able to call you my friend!

Love this special blogiversary post and I remember well each beautiful and lovely photos and writings you post here.

I hope you blog for many more years with your excellent and amazing writings and pictures!
Many hugs my dear friend!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:03:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy blogoversary, Naomi!

Thanks for sharing your pix and your memories.

Your kitties is gorgeous! I love those blue eyes.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 6:17:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Congradulations on your blogging for three years....I have totally enjoyed reading your stories and looking at all of your pictures. What is going on with that house that is being built down the street from you? What about those chickens down below you? Are they still there? I would love to know how you came to the house you now live in or how you got sweetie.. Either I missed it or you haven't told about it yet....I think you have more years of posting here..lol.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 7:53:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy Blogiversary! I'm so glad to have "met" you! Your blog is always a nice place to visit :)

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 8:34:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy Blogiversary!!!! I can't wait to see what other neat things you have in store this next year!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 9:31:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Congratulations! I adore you!!

You are so interesting, so much fun, so vivid and alive and full of wonderul thoughts and insights and memories.

And your photos are fantastic.

Sweetie has the most beautiful eyes!!

and you are a gorgeous lady - inside and out :)

many more blogs to come!

Mazel Tov!!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 10:11:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Sending you good wishes today (and always) and looking forward to many more Naomi stories and celebrity stories in the future.

Anne

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 12:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Happy Birthday Naomi's Blog!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 12:25:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

well congratulations and happy anniversary/birthday Naomi! Isn't it amazing how quickly time passes? I really enjoy blogging, it is a wonderful outlet. Even when I am busy at work or stressed out, it helps me relax.

Keep on bloggin!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 1:39:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm so glad to have found you and to be celebrating the beginning of your 4th year. May there be many more to come!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 4:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Happy Blogiversary and congrats on 38 years smoke free!!!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 4:16:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

A VERY, very HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY to you, Naomi!
I hadn't seen a few of these photos, so really enjoyed them. Especially the Cotswolds one! Isn't that village Lower Slaughter? Ray and I were there in 1985 and I have almost the identical picture, enlarged to 8x10, framed on my family room wall.
I'm so very glad our paths have crossed. Your blog entries brings me untold amounts of joy and I wish you many, many more years ahead for blogging.
You are indeed a treasure!
Hugs to you,
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 4:47:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Darling Naomi -- I will never tire of your stories. Woven together they tell a true tale of who you are.

I quit smoking 14 years ago -- was a HEAVY smoker and quit cold turkey. Best thing I ever did for myself.

Looking forward to many years of reading your blog.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:56:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Congrats and I'm glad I found you on Jeanette's blog and that Scarlet found me from your blog. I never keep up with my own info on these things so I checked my blog after I read this and I'm at 3 years and 2 months, so I guess we started around the same time. Keep up the great "work." I'll be here for sure.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 11:24:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Happy Blogiversary!!!

I enjoy your words and photos so much.

It's a pleasure to read your stories, and see the wonderful pictures from past and present.

Keep up the good work!!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 11:25:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Happy Blogiversary to you Naomi! I am so happy that I got to know you because you are also one of my inspirations.

I hope there will be a time that I can come by and whip you a nice meal ala Queer Chef!

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 1:10:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Oh how I remember a lot of those posts Naomi. Unreal hey. I think I have been an avid reader of your blog since practically day 1 (though I'm still not on your blogroll :-( *heehee*) And three years, I cannot believe. I have learnt so much from you and love to read about times passed. Congratulations and happy blogiversary!

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 1:53:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Best wishes for many more blogging years. Happy Blogaversary!

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 4:15:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy blog anniversary Naomi !..

Just a guess on my part, but I think you "finally" got the hang of posting photo's!! hahaha!!

it's good to see that the "hummer's" have made it thru all three years!

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 4:55:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi: Happy Anniversary! What a great anniversary post - every now and then I will randomly click on a previous post of yours to see what I've missed. You have done an amzing job with all your photos and I look forward to seeing many more.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 4:57:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

What a great idea to commemorate your third. Congratulations and just keep 'em coming. Some of the photos I hadn't seen so really appreciated it.
I hope to make my third in January. Who'd have thunk it?

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 7:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy Blogday Naomi!!

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 8:04:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi.....I feel blessed that our paths crossed. When you think of how many bloggers there are out there, it amazes me how and why it happens.....I'm just so glad it did.

Did you know that the average length of the life of a blog is only 6 months?? Most people run out of steam after that.....it is time consuming that's for sure, but the other gifts that have come out of being a part of a blogging community far outweigh that don't they?

Congratulations on your 3 anniversary. I have so enjoyed looking back on your archives (to get caught up)reading your stories and soaking in your great photos.....and most importantly getting to know you.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 8:29:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Congrats on three years, Naomi. That's a long time in the Blog World and you should be commended. Too many web journals start out like a house on fire but degenerate quickly. I'm pleased to have discovered your musings and thank you for sharing them with the rest of us.

BTW, cigarette or no, I love your profile photo.

Cheers.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 9:05:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy Blogoversary :-)

May there be many more :-)

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 10:27:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy Happy Happy 3rd blog anniversary to you, dear Naomi.

Your blog with its wonderful pictures and stories has given me many moments of pleasure seeing and reading it.

And your wise and kind advice, and thoughtful comments, have enriched my life.

Thank you for being you - and cyber taking me along on your blog journeys !

Happy Monday :)

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 10:52:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

BRAVO!!!!! Your blog is a true gem!
And you, Naomi, are the sparkle that makes it irresistible!

Congrats, and KEEP ON BLOGGIN'!

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 11:56:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy 3rd Blogiversary!

It is such a delight to read the things you post. You always can take just about any subject and make it interesting. I hope you will continue to entertain us for many more years.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 1:18:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'd like to add my congratulations Naomi. A blog takes time and dedication and you've given a lot of enjoyment to otherswith yours.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 2:55:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!! I'm so glad you started your blog. It's a win-win situation, I think. You get to meet people from all over the world, from the safety of your home, considering your health, and we get to share in your art, your experiences, your friends, family and memories of your career and the entertainment industry. We're all richer for your sharing. Thanks so much and I wish you many, many more years of blogging!

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 3:17:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Happy Anniversary, Naomi! Your blog is truly a joy to readQ

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 5:26:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

It's always nice to have pleasant milestones in one's life; I think having your blog for 3 years definitely qualifies!
Mazel tov, and may you continue to captivate us with your gorgeous photography and wonderful stories.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 8:45:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Three years??? Time sure flies doesn't it? I'm glad I was one of your first readers Naomi. Your blog is so nice and your life has been so interesting. I love seeing all your pictures and you write so well. Sweetie is so handsome!!

Very Happy Blogiversary, and I hope you have many, many, many, many,many more years of blogging!! We will never tire of your wonderful posts!! I hope that someday I can meet you in person. Maybe JD will fly out with me sometime!! Wouldn't that be a hoot!!! Oh, what a grand idea!!!

Hugs to you dear Naomi!!

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 8:53:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

ONLY 3 years!? Your blog is so rich. I always feel I've left this planet for a spell. So many memories. Always loved your pool/cig pic. 38yrs! Congrats, may you blog forever. (That heart is mesmerizing.)

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 10:33:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Thank you for the wonderful stories and picture, but most of all my husband thanks you for inspiring him to take up photography again after 35 years since he saw your cactus picutes.
Congratulations and here's to many more

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 2:07:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Congratulations on your 3rd Blogiversary!! I still remember when you lost the first one and came back with that lovely brown template. Has it already been 3 years?? can't tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog and stories, getting to know you and your wonderful garden.
Here's to many, many more years, my dear!!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 4:09:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

It's amazing to me how many of those photos I remember well. Maybe all of them!

I wonder what got you interested in blogging in the first place. Tell us sometime.

You always put a big smile on my face!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 11:06:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Dear, dear Naomi: Happy Blogiversary! You where some of my first blog friend and its an honour to count you in as some of my dearest!

I've really enjoyed getting to know you - to read your post about your rich life and also the posts from your garden and the view from your house.

Blogsphere is a better place with you in it - keep up the good work and I wish you Many, many more!

From all of me to all of you: Love and hugs dear blog friend!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 4:40:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Happy blogiversary Aunty Em !!!
I for one am so so happy you did start this blog and that we met. I have said it before and will continue to say it, it was meant to be !!
BTW I will email you shortly, there is absolutely no WAY I would be coming to LA and NOT seeing you , silly rabbit LOL

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 3:28:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Happy Blogiversary! Sorry I'm a few days late. :)

Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 9:54:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.