Sunday, November 06, 2005








A DOG IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD


So, while I'm talking about my street and my neighborhood...let me share with you a few facts. Many many people that live up here on the hill have dogs. And everyone walks their dogs twice a day. And, everryone has to carry a scooper or something to pick up the poop, and a container of some sort to put the picked-up-poop in.

Some people carry a plain old plastic bag. Some people carry a Half Pint Ice Cream Container and the variations on this theme are endless and utterly fascinating when you think it is actually against the law now here in L.A. to leave your dog's poop anywhere but in some kind of container that you take home with you, and throw in your refuse containers....(the black plastic containers are the appropriate ones up here, because that is for all waste material, except greens from your garden...Your gardening clippings, leaves, cuttings and such, go in a green plastic container, and your re-cyclables go in a blue Container....We are very well trained here in L.A.

So all this is by way of telling you about some neighbors, Mr. & Mrs. K., who live down the street from me around one of those curves that I mentioned in my last post. Mr. K. or his wife have been walking their little doggie for years and years..(I understand, as of this writing, that that sweet little doggie is now in dog heaven, and his wife is not a well woman these days, either. But previous to all that, Mrs. K. walked Suzie. And then Mr. K. began walking Suzie all the time when Mrs. K. could no longer do that.

A number of times when I would be out working with my Gardener or just coming home from somewhere I would see Mr. K. with Suzie and noticed that he had a familiar looking blue bag over his arm...a very recognizable blue bag...I would go so far as to say a Signiture Blue Bag, over his arm.

I wonder if Tiffany's ever dreamed that their beautiful signiture bags would be used not for expensive jewelry....diamonds, gold, emeralds, silver and ruby baubels, etc.....but, dear reader, for dog shit?

I tried for years to get a really good picture of this, thinking, it would be a hilarious advertising gimmick for Tiffany's, if they have a sense of humor, that is....but, I didn't want a posed photo; I wanted to catch Mr. K. and dear little Suzie as they went about 'her business', sort of natural-like, you know?

What you see up above is the best I could get and unfortunately the Tiffany Bag was pretty dog earred, (excuse the expression), by this time, but, it is what I was able to catch on the fly, so I'm grateful I got anything at all.

Do you think Tiffany's would be amused?







26 Comments:
Blogger MaR
had this to say:

LOL, I don't think they would be happy but they can't do a thing about it!! Michele sent me this morning, I wanted to stop by anyways to check if I can leave a comment. Everything seems to be working ok. Oh, and thanks for the large print! those young bloggers use tiny letters and I sometimes have trouble reading their posts! :D

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 12:37:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

ROTFL - Umm, I'm amused but no I don't think that Tiffany's would be @ least not publicly ... Susie was obviously a better class of dog!

Here via Michele's

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 12:38:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

although tiffanys probably wouldnt be amused, i sure was! what a fabulous tribute to tiffanys, huh!?! my mom actually went so far as to by one of those fancy three wheel jogger strollers for her little dog, since the poor little fat dog cant keep up on the walks. she has a little lady bug pocket to hold the plastic baggies, adn just lets the dog out of the stroller when "the time" comes. i should get her a tiffany's bag!

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 1:18:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Mar--Oh, I couldn't agree more on the type size..if it's too small I just don't struggle with it! Thanks for checking in!

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 1:32:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

dak-ind--Great idea! Not that Tiffany's needs the publicity but it was really fun to see that bag, and now I don't think they have a dog anymore! Do get your Mom one!(lol)

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 1:34:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Thanks for stopping by my place. I bet Tiffany's doesn't have a sense of humor, but I enjoyed the story very much!

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 4:05:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a brill story, I don't think that Tiffany's would be too impressed but we all are. Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comment.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 4:19:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

As long as they make money on each bag sold, I'm sure they don't mind.

Of course, it could be a knockoff ba. In which case, the "crappy" moniker would truly apply.

Visiting from Michele's this morning. Sorry to hear about your meltdown...I'm glad to see you got back up and running on your new blog.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 8:31:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

i don't think tiffany's will be amused. they should be happy, though, that at least they had unsolicited free advertising of their company during those daily walkabouts. imagine how many dollars that could be translated into! lol!

michele sent me today. :)

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 8:54:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I think that Tiffany's would be glad of the advertisement, no matter how it comes....LOL.

Thanks for the comments; I am glad you like my fans.

I take issue with your name "old,old..." becasue I am older than you, I think!

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 8:57:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Okay Judy..what year were you born? Or I'll just ask was in in the early 30's??? (LOL)

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 9:02:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Thanks for visiting my Journal.

I agree; there are some with small lettering against a poor background that makes it very difficult to read.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 10:04:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I don't think Tiffany's would care as long as they make a sale!

Cute dog!!

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 10:27:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Here today from Michele's.

I'm quite sure they honchos at Tiffany's would be amused. That is, if you got 'em drunk before you told them.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 11:28:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi,
Thanks for visiting my blog and the encouraging words. I really enjoyed your story. Of course, it attracted me because it was dog related. I wonder if Tiffany's will follow the addage that no advertising is bad advertising.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 11:46:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wonderful! We all wish for that little signature blue bag to come walking through our doors on birthdays and other special holidays. How funny to see it used in this manner.

Great picture. This is exactly the reason are why I always carry a camera.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 12:29:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

HA!
And speaking of computers crashing. I think mine just did...for the first time. What makes them do that?! I got a boot failed and put in the system disc message, as though it has no hard drive. I'm on my laptop and I DON'T have most of my documents saved...so I'm sure I'll be majorly frustrated for a while. But put in perspective (my dad in the hospital) it's minor but still is a routine comfort that would help me now.
So glad you ordered the books!

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 1:56:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That's funny. I hope he hasn't been re-using that bag over and over again. It would smell to high heaven by now. Cute story.
I came to you through Kenju.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 2:38:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Jamie--LOL! Yeah, it sure would!
I think Mr. K. always had a smaller plastic bag that he carried inside the Tiffany bag, until needed it---along with his scooper thing, too!

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 3:18:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I don't know if Tiffany's would be amused, but I certainly am! And the ice cream container is so brilliant. :-)
Michele sent me.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 6:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

you know i havent gotten her a tiffanys bag yet, since it was jsut yesterday that i mentioned it, but i got to thinking, LA is probably the closest place to me where i could find one! i wonder if i could find one on ebay :) nice to see you again lady, michelle says hello.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 6:24:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Michele sent me.

Doesn't it say a lot about Tiffany's that he would choose that bag everyday? I mean, in his mind, perhaps he is affording them some great honor...

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 6:27:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Old,old lady: I stand corrected! I really did think I had a few years on you, but 1940 is my year. Here's to feeling like we are six!! I usually say I feel 25, but six is often more like it!

Now my email program is messed up, and I cannot receive any mail. If it's not one thing - it's another!

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 8:37:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

THIS IS A TEST OG THE CONTINUAL GLITCHES THAT PLAGUE ME!!!!!!

Okay...I feel much better now!

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 12:03:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

lol I think they'd be perturbed. But I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall when they found out. :)

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 4:06:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I'm visiting from Michele's, and although this post was not the most recent, it is lovely in so many ways. I have an english bulldog that I walk and am constantly fascinated by the poop containers that people carry about with them -- only in LA. I could write an entire novel on it. Oh...maybe I should. Great to see another writer in LA. I will visit often and will thank Michele.

Friday, November 11, 2005 at 9:57:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.