Wednesday, January 11, 2006


FOUR THINGS MEME

About a week or so ago Wendy, tagged me to do this Meme, so....finally, here it is!

FOUR JOBS YOU HAVE HAD IN YOUR LIFE:
1.- Stage Manager (Stage Managing plays in the theatre, that is...
2.- Nightclub Singer...Worked in the worst Toilets, ever! What an education that was... and it sure took the joy out of singing!
3.- Office Assistant...I worked for my brother for a short time, back when he was in the business of "Business" and Oil Exploration.
4.- Television Actress (among other acting jobs) Many Many Small (Operative Word--Small) Parts On TV!

FOUR MOVIES YOU WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:
This list is soooo long, it is hard to pick out just a few...but just to show you how eclectic I am....and how many decades I span...here are just 4, as requested...
1.- "Devil Doll" this film preceeded 'The Incredible Shrinking Man' by quite a few years...I stumbled on this one, years after it first came out...like 30 odd years later...Fascinating special effects....and a most fascinating performance by the wonderful Lionel Barrymore who for part of the movie dresses up like a woman and channel's his sister, Ethel!
2.- "The Wizard Of Oz"...Eveything about it is perfect. EVERYTHING!
3.- "To Kill A Mockingbird"...great story, great acting..truly moving and Gregory Peck at his finest! He was Atticus....and a bonus with the great great Stage Actress, Kim Stanley, doing the very moving narration as the grown-up Scout...
4.- "Love Actually"...I LOVE everything about this film...all the actors..the story..the music...Emma Thompson gives another amazing performance....A very satisfying 'feel good' movie...
(There are sooooo many other films that I would watch over and over...and DO!!! "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington", "The Lady Eve", "Gone With The Wind", Casablanca"....and that's just a few from THAT time period....another post sometime...except to say...from the 70's "The Godfather 1 & 2" Great films in every way! And...in the 2000's..."Finding Neverland"...love, love, love this movie...and would you please tell Johnny Depp I've unlocked the door, and the pot of coffee is on, and the silk sheets await...)

FOUR PLACES YOU HAVE LIVED:
1.- Great Neck, N.Y.
2.- Miami Beach, Fla.
3.- Angeles, Pa.
4.- Los Angeles, Ca.

FOUR TV SHOWS YOU LOVE TO WATCH:
1.- "West Wing"
2.- "Boston Legal"
3.- American Experience-PBS (Almost anything they show is worthwhile)
4.- "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" (The Best!)
(I have to add one more!...Just Have Too...and that is....)
5.- "The Late Show with David Letterman"--The BEST OF THE BEST, is Dave....always liked him, even in the years he was kind of a bit of a grouch...and now he is as 'mellow as a chello' and the BEST interviewer there is....and, funny too, as well as deeply endearing...Love Him!


FOUR PLACES YOU HAVE BEEN ON VACATION:
1.- Vieques, Puerto Rico...This was a beautiful untouched little Island when I went there many many years ago...nothing fancy, but really beautiful....and, the best part....v-e-r-y few people!
2.- Hawaii...Paradise! Everything about it....beeautiful, peaceful, great snorkeling, great food...a photographers paradise...
3.- Cap d'Antibes, France...GLORIOUS!!! GLORIOUS!!! (and a couple posts about this one in the future...)
4.- St. Thomas....The Caribbean is gorgeous....it was a long time ago, but I have to be believe that the whole area is still very very beautiful...
(And you all know that I loved, loved, loved, The Cotswolds...)


FOUR WEBSITES YOU VISIT DAILY:
(Well...there are many many MANY blogs I visit and LOVE to visit on a daily basis...and many of you know most of them, but, here are a few that you may not be as familiar with that I enjoy tremendously....)
1.-Chickie at www.skitteringthoughts.blogspot.com She is a delight! Always makes me laugh and she has two doggies that you will fall in love with as well as her huband "Sweety", who is a hoot!
2.- Ron at www.bighappyfunhouse.com This is a 'found photo's' website and it truly is one of the bright spots of my day...Rachel goes there, too!
3.- Danny Miller at www.dannymiller.typepad.com/blog He got me started blogging and I love his humor and his very serious side, too Wonderful writing!
4.- Chatty at www.watchutawkinbout.com Chatty tells it like it is and makes me laugh, a lot...she also has a serious side that touches my heart!

FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS:
1.- Dark Chocolate...in any form!
2.- Eggplant Parmesan
3.- Vegetarian Risotto from Orso's.
4.- Sesame Noodles from Hunan Cafe or Yang Chow

FOUR PLACES YOU WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
1.- New York City, seeing 8 plays and musicals on Broadway in 8 days!
2.- Having a great dinner at The Bel Air Hotel, Bel Air, CA., a stones throw from me sort of, but it's another world entirely....Great place for a Honeymoon....
3.- The Cotswolds...see all those previous posts...
4.- Lying on the Beach almost anywhere that is Tropical so I can watch the ocean and be mesmerized....

FOUR BLOGGERS YOU ARE TAGGING:
I'm not going to tag anyone...If you feel like doing this, do!
It's fun!

And...I have not been surfing about on many blogs too much today, nor will I be for a few days more...because I am working on my letters that I have to write notes on and sign, for the S.T.A.G.E. Benefit that I Co-Chair each year for (counting this coming show) twenty years along with my dear friend Betty Garrett....

The letters are an enormous undertaking because there are 411 of them...HELP ME, PLEASE....and the notes, depending on how well or how close I am to people, are sometimes quite l-o-n-g....but it does make a difference--this writing of personal notes to people, and, of course, it does take a lot of time...I'm just starting on the K's....

So...don't worry about me if you haven't seen a comment, I'm okay...just busy with other stuff...And I WILL be back after I get finished with all this...

Enjoy the Four Questions Meme.















Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

39 Comments:
had this to say:

Very interesting as always Naomi!
Beware of writer's cramp as you do the letters and notes! I shall miss you, but I do so understand!

:)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 7:04:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love learning more about you, Naomi. I'll have to check out some of the blog links you listed.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 7:24:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

It's always neat to learn more about you!

And you've made me famous!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 7:44:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

could we swap? i'll do yours if you do mine. hey naomi! guess what? you just got tagged again! :)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 7:50:00 AM PST 

Anonymous mar
had this to say:

I enjoy reading about you. I love "Love actually"! Now I am off to visit your favorite blogs. Hope you are back soon.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 8:06:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

"and in the 2000's..."Finding Neverland"...love, love, love this movie...and would you please tell Johnny Depp I've unlocked the door, and the pot of coffee is on, and the silk sheets await...)"

You naughty girl!!! ;) I so agree!! I loved Johnny Depp in "Finding Neverland," but then again I love him in anything! :)

Good luck on the letter writing, it seems to be a lost art in these days of email, doesn't it? But it is so nice to receive a personal hand written letter on nice stationary! But 411 letters, that will give you writers cramp! LOL

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 11:11:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Love Actually is one of my favs too. I could and do watch it over and over! Good luck on your notes!K

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 11:12:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I have finding Neverland on DVD , I have to get everything "Pan" or James Barrie related. After all it is why I was named Wendy in the first place lol.
thanks for doing the meme,good luck with all that letter writing.
:)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 11:57:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I'm looking forward to this year's S.T.A.G.E. benefit--always the best show in town. You and Betty deserve all the accolades you get for putting this huge show together every year and raising so much money in the fight against AIDS.

Career as a nightclub singer? We definitely need to hear more about that, especially if you played in dives. The divier the better (at least as far as such stories are concerned!).

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 12:59:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm looking forward to this year's S.T.A.G.E. benefit--always the best show in town. You and Betty deserve all the accolades you get for putting this huge show together every year and raising so much money in the fight against AIDS.

Career as a nightclub singer? We definitely need to hear more about that, especially if you played in dives. The divier the better (at least as far as such stories are concerned!).

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 12:59:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I enjoyed reading that! Thanks.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 12:59:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

[coughs gently]

there is a queue for Mr Depp's attention.....

and I'm first!! :-)

cq
ps - I hated Love Actually - but am happy with most Depp films [dribble]

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 1:31:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I can't imagine writing so many letters; I hope your hand survives! This was as always, an interesting read.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 1:55:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

you sound very interesting!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 4:21:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Enjoy, I did! We share Depp, dark chocolate, Hawaii, mockingbird and boston Legal!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 6:12:00 PM PST 

Blogger Jim
had this to say:

You did the tag very fine.
I can identify with your vacation places. We will finish yours tis April using St. Remy as a base. I identify with Dave a lot too.
Your cactus garden is out of this world. Very nice. I've had cactus also, not nearly as nice as yours. One was cactus-napped from Mexico. The fellow died on the road during his very next trip there.
I was a late hippy, loved the 'Where Have All the Flowers Gone' song, but didn't have a life when Marlene Dietrich was singing those songs you told of.
..

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 at 6:40:00 PM PST 

Anonymous mar
had this to say:

Naomi, I am back to do some office business... I once changed my user name. Now I changed the blog.... sorry about the inconvenience. Tell me you will still come see me when you have some time.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 7:32:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Great, great list.

I adore Jon Stewart. He's so funny, smart and cute! What more could you want in a guy?

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 10:39:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi,
I was just at Minerva's site and read your wonderful comment. With your permission, I would love to re-post it on my site, bloggingforacause.com. Your comment is the essense of what I feel about these wonderful people's blogs and I'd love to share it. I mention Minerva a lot there, so my readers are very familiar with who she is. Please email me at trish.snyder@gmail.com and let me know.
Thank you,
Trish

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 4:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hello, Michele sent me!

I did this meme a week or so ago, but your answers intrigue me. I just may have to wander around a little more if you don't mind.

Oh, and what I'd give for some good cold sesame noodles! They're a bit hard to find in Kentucky.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 5:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Wow - you are one amazing lady!! This is my first time here, and I'm probably going to be reading all night long! You really found a dead body?!! How cool! (Not in the sense that he was dead, but in the sense that not many people can lay claim to having actually found a dead body!).

I am so amazed you know so many famous people - that must be incredible! It is so nice to meet you, and I'm going to be here reading a while now :D - oh and Michele sent me :)

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 5:28:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Aloha from Michele's

Thanks for popping in to visit my blog today...I've been a bit absent in the blog-iverse lately but I'll be back to learn more from your blog! Interesting read!

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 5:28:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

hello via Michele's

i really enjoyed reading about your cactus garden!

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 5:29:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

A big Howdy to ya...Michelle sent me :)

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 6:23:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Oh my dear wonderful lady,
You have made me weep like a child today with your comment on my blog..I don't know if it is the letters that you are writing, but thank you, thank you for reaching out and touching right into the heart of why I write, and why I hold on...

Minerva

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 6:51:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

you were the other side of me..
I am a stagehand..
and btw..
That is 15 kids they have..
And they all get along fairly well....... I think...

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 6:59:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

sorry that was me above there

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 7:00:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I love the Wizard of Oz...

A nightclub singer...How much fun was that?

You seem to be a very interesting woman, my dear!

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 7:54:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Awesome list! Michele sent me :o)

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 10:33:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

back again from michele's! :)

i just love visiting your blog... :)

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 10:46:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Love Actually is my favorite on your list though I'm not sure I'd be able to watch it over and over again, OOL. For some odd reason, GiGi is a movie I can watch several times a year, year after year. Part of it is Caron---she turns my knees to water---but there's just something more to it than that.

That's a good list you made---I've been thinking of doing the Meme also. It's a pretty good one.

Michele sent me to visit your Hills, Naomi. Or shouldn't I say that??

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 10:47:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I find my self watching Love Actually everytime it's on. As always, I so enjoy all of your posts & thanks for visiting my site.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 11:27:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hi OOLotH,
That Devil's Doll sounds good. I like the old horror suspence movies. Do you remember The Bad Seed?
Michele sent me, this time.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 11:34:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

You've had some great jobs!!

Nightclub singer has been on my last of fantasy jobs for many moons :-)

Friday, January 13, 2006 at 12:02:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

ok... 2nd blog i have seen this on... i like it! i want to do it!

Friday, January 13, 2006 at 2:50:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm with you on the "Love, Actually!" I adore that movie. Love reading your blog, too!

Saturday, January 14, 2006 at 9:35:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I think watching Mr Smith Goes to Washington (one of my all time favorites!) with a plate of Eggplant Parm sounds divine. ;)

Here from Michele's tonight.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 at 6:04:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Kat
had this to say:

I also love Love Actually. It's such an up movie. I saw it in the theater amid a horrible depression and it really (if briefly) cheered me up. In fact, I am feeling kind of down today and had planned to watch it tonight.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 at 9:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Back again via Michele's. We have many things in common in your meme, especially DARK CHOCOLATE! Simply the best!

Hope you're having a great day! Michele sent me...

Friday, January 20, 2006 at 4:03:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.